Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yea there's no dev or humble cut on the yogcast bundle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mortimer posted:

It's a shame neither of those are worth the money

They even put in SotS2 instead of the decade-old one that people might ever actually play

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

So you guys who are expecting a "Christmas", how confident are you that that will actually happen? Seems like it'd be a bit weird to have another holiday so soon after Thanksgiving.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lottery of Babylon posted:

So you guys who are expecting a "Christmas", how confident are you that that will actually happen? Seems like it'd be a bit weird to have another holiday so soon after Thanksgiving.

I see you're new to this Steam thing ;)

They do it every year and its freaking huge--bigger than even the Summer Sale. It lasts like 2 weeks + encore. The Thanksgiving sales are actually pretty pathetic, although this year was bigger than last.

ee:: VVVV yeah that's a better response

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oh you sweet summer spender. What do you know of discounts? Discounts are for the Winter, my little goon, when the prices fall 75% deep and the flash deals come hounding for your money. Discounts are for the long sale, when the full price hides its face for weeks at a time, and little purchases are born and live and die all in darkness while your wallet grows gaunt and hungry, and the hourlies move through the front page.

Brace your wallet, for Christmas is coming.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

So you guys who are expecting a "Christmas", how confident are you that that will actually happen?
The Thanksgiving sale is a relatively new Steam thing while the X-mas sale has been always there.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
:pcgaming: Alien Isolation is $20 from GetGamesGo if Steam's asking price of $25 is too much still.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

I think it's likely that Christmas will be moved back after December 25th to allow time for more holiday shopping, but the holiday itself isn't going anywhere.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Xaris posted:

I see you're new to this Steam thing ;)

They do it every year and its freaking huge--bigger than even the Summer Sale. It lasts like 2 weeks + encore. The Thanksgiving sales are actually pretty pathetic, although this year was bigger than last.

ee:: VVVV yeah that's a better response

He was making fun of the guy on the last page, not asking a real question. Read his post more carefully, the word "sale" is conspicuously absent.

monster on a stick posted:

I think it's likely that Christmas will be moved back after December 25th to allow time for more holiday shopping, but the holiday itself isn't going anywhere.

If Black Friday/general holiday shopping started creeping in both directions on the calender instead of just trying to knock over Thanksgiving it would be something truly awful and American.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I thought you guys were better than this. :negative:

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Hey guys - so is today actually the final day of deals? As in, if it wasn't on sale yet it won't be tonight, as all that remains is the best of/most popular deals? And I should buy buy buy what is available now?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

BadAstronaut posted:

Hey guys - so is today actually the final day of deals? As in, if it wasn't on sale yet it won't be tonight, as all that remains is the best of/most popular deals? And I should buy buy buy what is available now?

Usually they have an encore sale which will be tomorrow/tuesday.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Man, I thought now would be the time to pick up the Skyrim DLC since it's 75% off, but apparently two-year-old vampire and dark elf island DLCs are still worth $10+ to someone. gently caress that.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

BadAstronaut posted:

IMO, I'd say hold onto your cash until the Xmas sales. More likely to get the things you wanted on the bigger discounts.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BadAstronaut posted:

Timers on something that's not a daily run out in nine hours or so, so..yeah.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Leper Residue posted:

Usually they have an encore sale which will be tomorrow/tuesday.
Not always, there were sales that ended just then and there, I wouldn't keep holding off and just buy stuff now or wait for the X-mas sale as it's pretty clearly written the sale ends in 9 hours. There might be an encore day but it's absolutely not a sure thing.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Who the hell reads previous pages during the sale posting rush.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Yeah I missed the timers ending soon. That sucks, I was hoping for a few other games to go on sale. Oh well christmas is soon.

Edit: Actually I have timers that expire in 32 hours so that seems like plenty of time for an encore.

Leper Residue fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 2, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lego Marvel Superheroes is so much fun, watching Hulk helpfully try to clean up the mess after the big battles is adorable. Hell, Hulk is adorable in general. :3:

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I don't know why you would think that

Orv
May 4, 2011

Arnold of Soissons posted:

I don't know why you would think that

Hope spergs eternal.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Orv posted:

Hope spergs eternal.

B-but guys! They might totally add another day onto the sale for encores! And everything will be 5 bucks!

:allears:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Croccers posted:

:pcgaming: Alien Isolation is $20 from GetGamesGo if Steam's asking price of $25 is too much still.

Buy this, you doofs. It won't go cheaper during Christmas and you aren't going to get a bigger discount until summer. And, let me tell you, playing horror games on summer is just not the same.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I bought some Alien: Isolation DLCs this sale when there was still a pricing mistake on them just to play more of this game.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Palpek posted:

I bought some Alien: Isolation DLCs this sale when there was still a pricing mistake on them just to play more of this game.

I just gave it a little thought, and they're planning on releasing five DLC packs in total. The first two have three missions each. Assuming the remaining three are as long (or longer), then add the two Nostromo missions and you've got 17 missions worth of DLC. Potentially more.

The main campaign - which many reviews complained was too long has 19. They're going all in on this one. I'm kinda impressed.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Dec 2, 2014

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I made the mistake of only doing half of Ethan Carter before jumping over to Alien Isolation, and now that I tried to go back to actually finish it, it just seemed dull and dry and the mine maze was a terrible version of the same basic idea. :(

drat you A:I, why you so good?! You're ruining it for other good games!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Dominic White posted:

I just gave it a little thought, and they're planning on releasing five DLC packs in total. The first two have three missions each. Assuming the remaining three are as long (or longer), then add the two Nostromo missions and you've got 17 missions worth of DLC. Potentially more.

The main campaign - which many reviews complained was too long has 19. They're going all in on this one. I'm kinda impressed.
I haven't played those extra maps but aren't they basically challenge levels? I played the Nostromo ones and they're great and have some story to them but aren't the other ones basically dropping you on a map and tell you to get from A to B and not get killed in the process and that's it? I'm actually curious.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Palpek posted:

I haven't played those extra maps but aren't they basically challenge levels? I played the Nostromo ones and they're great and have some story to them but aren't the other ones basically dropping you on a map and tell you to get from A to B and not get killed in the process and that's it? I'm actually curious.

I've not tried any of the DLC stuff yet, but each one seems to have you playing as a different character, with a chunk of story. The first one has you playing as a corporate guy before the whole station goes to hell, so the environments look a lot less apocalyptic'y.

Edit: Just saw some footage of the first Corporate Lockdown mission. You're on a timed mission to get to several vital points so that you can destroy evidence of your wrongdoing before your escape. Clever.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Dec 2, 2014

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Saoshyant posted:

Buy this, you doofs. It won't go cheaper during Christmas and you aren't going to get a bigger discount until summer. And, let me tell you, playing horror games on summer is just not the same.
This is not guaranteed. Buy it if you're going to play it between now and Christmas. The deals that came around will come around again. Steam probably won't be cheaper, but there are so many aggressive competitors now that someone will repeat, or beat, this price.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Dominic White posted:

I've not tried any of the DLC stuff yet, but each one seems to have you playing as a different character, with a chunk of story. The first one has you playing as a corporate guy before the whole station goes to hell, so the environments look a lot less apocalyptic'y.

Edit: Just saw some footage of the first Corporate Lockdown mission. You're on a timed mission to get to several vital points so that you can destroy evidence of your wrongdoing before your escape. Clever.
That's pretty cool but also with so many people apparently capable of what Ripley did one would think the Xeno shouldn't be that big of a threat :v:.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Palpek posted:

That's pretty cool but also with so many people apparently capable of what Ripley did one would think the Xeno shouldn't be that big of a threat :v:.

Surviving for a while isn't too big of a deal - Burke might have even managed to survive Aliens had he not tried backstabbing everyone in an attempt to get home to a big paycheque.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Palpek posted:

Who the hell reads previous pages during the sale posting rush.

He thinks he's being funny.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Croccers posted:

Shows up as $49.99 for me. I'd bite for $20, but with all that dlc talk, might hold out for a GOTY edition.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

There's no DLC "talk" regarding Isolation. People were just commenting that if you don't get tired of the base game that lasts 20+ hours, you can get more of the same and of good quality with the DLC. It is not required in any shape or form, it's just more game if you want more game after the main course.

But anyway, yeah, the GetGames sale is over.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Saoshyant posted:

There's no DLC "talk" regarding Isolation. People were just commenting that if you don't get tired of the base game that lasts 20+ hours, you can get more of the same and of good quality with the DLC. It is not required in any shape or form, it's just more game if you want more game after the main course.

But anyway, yeah, the GetGames sale is over.

That sounds pretty exactly like talk about DLC.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Phuzun posted:

Shows up as $49.99 for me. I'd bite for $20, but with all that dlc talk, might hold out for a GOTY edition.

You can pick it up on G2A for less than 20$.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Male Man posted:

That sounds pretty exactly like talk about DLC.

I pretty much consider DLC "talk" when people are bashing games that only feel complete when you buy X or Y piece of DLC. This isn't the case with Isolation and I was making that clear.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Yeah, Isolation is a HUGE game, especially by horror standards. I was just commenting on how impressively beefy the DLC looks to be as well. When all tallied up, it's 17 more missions on top of the 19 (20, if you count the one survivor mission the game comes with) out of the box.

Between that and the price dropping hard, it's pretty surprising value. Not what I expected from Sega or Creative Assembly, who have been known for death-by-a-thousand-cuts DLC for some years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Knight
Dec 13, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Excerpt, A Gabe of Thrones.

• Locked thread