Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Video games should be banned, they are a destructive force and lead to violence. Every mass shooter from the past decade identified as a gamer and that isn’t a coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's true Nazis and white supremacists have realized that gamers and Star Wars fans are a weirdly fertile recruitment ground for alienated, isolated, socially malleable young men.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

Video games should be banned, they are a destructive force and lead to violence. Every mass shooter from the past decade identified as a gamer and that isn’t a coincidence.

mind the walrus posted:

It's true Nazis and white supremacists have realized that gamers and Star Wars fans are a weirdly fertile recruitment ground for alienated, isolated, socially malleable young men.

this is some primo bait...the best quality there is. SNRFFFFFFFFFFF

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The Vegas shooter was a hardcore gambler but I don’t think that’s really in the same general sphere as video games.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

this is some primo bait...the best quality there is. SNRFFFFFFFFFFF

at least post the gif you coward

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

at least post the gif you coward

which gif? there's like ten different gifs for any occasion these days.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Fury road that’s bait

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
regardless, reaction gifs are lame and so are the people who use them. especially if they're sa "mods"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

spit on my clit posted:

regardless, reaction gifs are lame and so are the people who use them. especially if they're sa "mods"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

spit on my clit posted:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
I don’t care for Jeff Goldblum. I don’t find his brand of smarmy intellectual endearing and I don’t think he’s a good actor. I didn’t like him in Jurassic Park and while we’re on the subject I thought Jurassic Park sucked. The children were irritating and the film itself was boring.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

There's a lot of classic art that isn't actually good and is almost unapproachable from today's viewpoint and we shouldn't hold them up as good, merely important. Ulysses is a bad fukken book. Birth of a Nation is a horrible movie. It's ok to say it was bad but first.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I want to understand people’s Witcher hype but I can’t play an rpg with a set character starting at game 2 or 3, and Witcher 1 sucks absolute rear end. I have been trying for a decade but I will never finish it or play the others.

I am an old old man and My sentiments about Witcher are that gently caress Russia

And Poland and eastern bloc Warsaw pact poo poo bags

Asia status: on fire or should be on fire bcuz too cold, one moment

US President status: Owned as gently caress

Georgia: burn it like Sherms

Everything: burn. It.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Witcher 1 is the jankiest videogame i have played

It doesn’t get much better

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
I mean look at these Rooskie Jambolaya’s with their fancy tracksuits, techno music and slammed cars they offer nothing but “protection” and human trafficking.

Is this really what we expect from new immigrants?

Have you ever had a good experience at a Russian restaurant? I rest my case

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Have you ever had a good experience at a Russian restaurant? I rest my case

Yes?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Shrecknet posted:

There's a lot of classic art that isn't actually good and is almost unapproachable from today's viewpoint and we shouldn't hold them up as good, merely important. Ulysses is a bad fukken book. Birth of a Nation is a horrible movie. It's ok to say it was bad but first.

Birth of a Nation was considered a lovely movie when it came out too. It was blatant propaganda that a ton of people really didn't like. It was massively controversial but it was also a technical marvel at the time and one of the most expensive movies made up to that point. That's ultimately why it went down in history; at the time movies were little more than a curiosity and weren't long. Birth of a Nation was like two hours long and really unlike anything anybody had seen.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

All "horror" sucks.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Haven't watched the Witcher series but I did enjoy the Witcher 3 however the protagonist should be and in fact is named Gerald the Witchyman.

E. Further videogame opinion: Disco Elysium on paper should be my ideal computer RPG, like it's the sort of game I've been pining for for years. However everything anyone actually says about it makes me want to play it less. I'm not sure if this is just the usual thing of people being too obnoxiously enthusiastic about a thing or what, but there we are.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

"bullet", "shell" and "cartridge" are synonyms and can be used interchangeably.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gripweed posted:

This isn't the unpopular fact thread.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Similarly, AR-14 stands for Attack Rifle Shootygun #14. Why it's not ARSG-14 I don't know, but I don't make the rules.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

docbeard posted:

Similarly, AR-14 stands for Attack Rifle Shootygun #14. Why it's not ARSG-14 I don't know, but I don't make the rules.

This is actually incorrect. The "AR" stands for Aeromark Rifle and "14" stands for the number of bullets (or "slugs" as they're called in the industry) it's clip can hold. They were originally made as an alternative to the much more reliable M-16A1 that first saw service in WW2 and was bored for the 7.62x39mm NATO slug.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is actually incorrect. The "AR" stands for Aeromark Rifle and "14" stands for the number of bullets (or "slugs" as they're called in the industry) it's clip can hold. They were originally made as an alternative to the much more reliable M-16A1 that first saw service in WW2 and was bored for the 7.62x39mm NATO slug.

Naah, Aeromark Rifle Shootygun just sounds silly. That can't possibly be true.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Every single opinion I've expressed in this thread has been entirely sincere.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
thank you for proving me right by replying with the lamest response gifs outside of the lepers colony

Every single opinion I've expressed in this thread has been entirely sincere.

nice try

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

spit on my clit posted:

thank you for proving me right by replying with the lamest response gifs outside of the lepers colony

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Spit on my clit for mod

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Spit on my clit for admin

thank you for your vote. i'll need all i can get.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

docbeard posted:

Naah, Aeromark Rifle Shootygun just sounds silly. That can't possibly be true.

It's short for Assault-Rifle Rifle.

It's actually neat to track the ARs back from the perfect murder design of the 15 all the way back to the 1 which didn't actually fire any bullets and only spat out a small cloud of dust with while making the sad trombone noise.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

You know what's a seriously underrated TV show? Nova.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gripweed posted:

You know what's a seriously underrated TV show? Nova.

There was a great white episode back in the 80's that me and my sister would watch over and over and over again.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

While it's new year's and I'm stuck at home gonna be curmudgeonly.

Baby Yoda loving sucks.

That meme with the cat making the squinty face at the table while the reality show lady screams at him sucks. The cat part specifically sucks.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

docbeard posted:

Haven't watched the Witcher series but I did enjoy the Witcher 3 however the protagonist should be and in fact is named Gerald the Witchyman.

E. Further videogame opinion: Disco Elysium on paper should be my ideal computer RPG, like it's the sort of game I've been pining for for years. However everything anyone actually says about it makes me want to play it less. I'm not sure if this is just the usual thing of people being too obnoxiously enthusiastic about a thing or what, but there we are.

Hmm, although I don't want to say anything which might just discourage you more from playing Disco Elysium, YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING DISCO ELYSIUM MY DUUUUUUDE

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Forums drama is more entertaining than this new years party I'm at

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Caufman posted:

Hmm, although I don't want to say anything which might just discourage you more from playing Disco Elysium, YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING DISCO ELYSIUM MY DUUUUUUDE

All I had to see is "dialogue-heavy" and "skillchecks instead of combat" to know this "game" isn't for me. Just read a book and roll some dice if that's what you want imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Forums drama is more entertaining than this new years party I'm at

It's been ramping up a lot lately, I'm just hoping it all explodes sooner than later since it got one of my favorite threads closed because people just can't stop touching the stove.