Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Saagonsa posted:

Everything about that was terrible and knowing that it's going to be the setting for ep4 makes me even less excited for it

Your fault for attempting to deny it in the first place. Just revel in the stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I still think that PSO2 earth looks cool. The anime seems to be a cashgrab, tho. Even the god eater anime was a cashgrab but at least it was decent if you liked the games.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Oh it's totally a cash grab, pretty much all mmo animes are. I'm just hoping that it'll go batshit stupid so we can have something to laugh at instead of just being bored by it.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

Your fault for attempting to deny it in the first place. Just revel in the stupidity.

I mean I know the story was stupid before but it was in a good way. So far this is stupid in a very very bad way

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Saagonsa posted:

I mean I know the story was stupid before but it was in a good way. So far this is stupid in a very very bad way

There's a story?

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

It's the story of how one man died to a loving degan.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
And that man is me

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
code:
2014-03-06T12:45:47	175	PUBLIC	10184447	NextTime000	/la dance16
2014-03-06T12:45:47	176	PARTY	10080148	Mag Launcher	ow
2014-03-06T12:45:55	177	PARTY	10184447	NextTime000	u died to diggs
2014-03-06T12:46:18	178	PARTY	10080148	Mag Launcher	yeah because someone combined them into a murderball that attacked me all at once
2014-03-06T12:46:35	179	PARTY	10184447	NextTime000	and that time?
2014-03-06T12:46:40	180	PARTY	10080148	Mag Launcher	same thing.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I got on for xmas only planning to get a few badges to max the element on a weapon, and this happens:
I guess I don't need to spend ares fragments on a TMG now. :v:

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNLNxHrq3mw

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kirbysuperstar posted:

code:
2014-03-06T12:45:47	175	PUBLIC	10184447	NextTime000	/la dance16

there is only one dance, and it is /fla dance21

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

there is only one dance, and it is /fla dance21

This is just not true at all

It's 5 and 16

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
What am I supposed to do with another 13* tmg

E: well I guess when it's grinded it'll replace both gryphon and ares tmgs :shrug:

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 12, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

NextTime000 posted:

What am I supposed to do with another 13* tmg

E: well I guess when it's grinded it'll replace both gryphon and ares tmgs :shrug:

You basically become Bayonetta with them.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
what a small update right before episode 4; all they did was change the level up quest and put up the new AC scratch

yep; that's it

nothing else

nope

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
You can't deny Kuron forever Nexttime.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
I think I may actually get back into this again now that I have a bit more time.

Hows the population on ship 2 lately? I remember last time I played there was a bit of doom and gloom going on with people saying everyone was quitting ship 2 or something and just curious how that's been playing out.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

kojicolnair posted:

I think I may actually get back into this again now that I have a bit more time.

Hows the population on ship 2 lately? I remember last time I played there was a bit of doom and gloom going on with people saying everyone was quitting ship 2 or something and just curious how that's been playing out.

It's actually the most populated ship during peak western hours, and above average during peak JP hours last I checked. Some people like to go on about how many people are going to be jumping ship once they implement character storage, but really that just isn't going to happen except for the dumbest of people.

Also completely unrelated but I dare you to tell me that this was not some grade a bullshit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-4G5Uv3Sko

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

you wanted a challenge
you got a challenge

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I now have the power to launch flying kicks anywhere and any time I choose.

I think I used it well.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Dabir posted:

I now have the power to launch flying kicks anywhere and any time I choose.

I think I used it well.

I need a picture of somebody flying kicking Luther.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Never again. The "rewards" aren't worth it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Saagonsa posted:

the dumbest of people.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

MR. J posted:

Never again. The "rewards" aren't worth it.

Honestly if you have >100 or so xq passes it's not too bad for photon boosters, and the xq ores that drop too are nice

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Is that the one that's solo only, or can we get better odds on things by going in with three other humans?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Ardeem posted:

Is that the one that's solo only, or can we get better odds on things by going in with three other humans?

Solo only

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Still waiting on my designed from the ground up for 4 players challenge mode, SEGA. :arghfist:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Saagonsa posted:

Honestly if you have >100 or so xq passes it's not too bad for photon boosters, and the xq ores that drop too are nice

Photon Boosters aside I can spend 10 passes (or more) to get 5-8 ores of a particular spellstone. Or I can spend 14 passes (and a lot more time) to get 60 ores + whatever i pick up on the way.

Hmm.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

MR. J posted:

Photon Boosters aside I can spend 10 passes (or more) to get 5-8 ores of a particular spellstone. Or I can spend 14 passes (and a lot more time) to get 60 ores + whatever i pick up on the way.

Hmm.

Well, its more like 15 or so ores total in 5 passes since all 3 kinds drop. Not as good as the clear bonus but like I said that's mostly a nice addition to the boosters and lambda grinders (forgot that lambdas were a thing).

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Overlord K posted:

Still waiting on my designed from the ground up for 4 players challenge mode, SEGA. :arghfist:

I have resigned myself to the fact that PSO2 at this point has made a clean break from pretty much all of the things PSO1 did that I liked

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

My memories of PSO1 are of playing doorway tag with a bunch of monsters while shooting them with twin mech guns that turned money into DPS in hopes of getting a prettier lightsaber for my space elf.
(And sometimes hitting them with said pretty lightsabers.) I don't miss filling up a quarter of my inventory with scapedolls to go fight Dark Falz and her Megrid spam at all.
And challenge mode extermination runs were mostly 4 people with charge repeaters mowing down everything, unless one of them was a FOnew(x) in which case everything exploded when they had the TP.

I loved the hell out of that game and played it on three platforms, but there are reasons I'm playing this one and not hanging out on a pirate BB server.

What did you like about the game?

Ardeem fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 14, 2016

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
How would you use a charge weapon in challenge mode when meseta doesn't drop in it?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

MR. J posted:

How would you use a charge weapon in challenge mode when meseta doesn't drop in it?

By it having been too long and my getting gameplay modes mixed up.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I didn't say that PSO1 had no flaws, just that my fuzzy memories of Ragol haven't carried over or PSO2. I haven't played for like a year but I still pay attention to the game, and the things that made me quit (hell grinding for stones, grinding being really painful in general, no seriously I was eternally behind the curve compared to my teammates who actually had time to spend playing the game) don't seem to have been rectified and in some cases have been amplified.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

I didn't say that PSO1 had no flaws, just that my fuzzy memories of Ragol haven't carried over or PSO2. I haven't played for like a year but I still pay attention to the game, and the things that made me quit (hell grinding for stones, grinding being really painful in general, no seriously I was eternally behind the curve compared to my teammates who actually had time to spend playing the game) don't seem to have been rectified and in some cases have been amplified.

you can get some easy viable equipment with red weapons that are crafted.This is great for alts because whenever they become outdated, you just need to wait for crafting to get an update and just extend the level 2-3 more times. If you want to go all out, a rainbow set of red weapons is one of the best ways to equip your character outside of a maxed out 13★.

That said, It doesn't really matter because honestly the powercurve became utterly meaningless with every important quest being an mpa that either gives you a mech or a powerboost.this solo quest is the first time its ever matteredand honestly its less a equipment check then "are you braver and/or ranger yes/no?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What kills PSO2 for me is the bullshit weapons with boring potentials and basicaly +% DPS. I don't understand why you even care about grinding for 13* when a weapon that you can buy for 1050 meseta at the shop can do 90% of the same damage at less than 1% of the effort required.

It might be nostalgia but PSO had some crazy weapons. It had a rifle with 100% chance to freeze and it was far away from the more overpowered weapons. There were some weapons that basically broke the weapon type rules, like the yasminkov TMGs that had rifle range, or the yasminkov rifle that was a single shot shotgun and had the shotgun targeting. People these days care too much about balance to create some fun, broken weapons. Hell, even the random normal weapons had more interesting attributes like charge for DPS.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah PSO2 weapons are pretty boring. Some of the more recent weapons have interesting latents but they're still bland.

instead I'll play destiny to get my goofy weapon fix and oh wait that's not a good game either

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Destiny is amazingly somehow worse than PSO2 was at its release

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

nerdz posted:

What kills PSO2 for me is the bullshit weapons with boring potentials and basicaly +% DPS. I don't understand why you even care about grinding for 13* when a weapon that you can buy for 1050 meseta at the shop can do 90% of the same damage at less than 1% of the effort required.

It might be nostalgia but PSO had some crazy weapons. It had a rifle with 100% chance to freeze and it was far away from the more overpowered weapons. There were some weapons that basically broke the weapon type rules, like the yasminkov TMGs that had rifle range, or the yasminkov rifle that was a single shot shotgun and had the shotgun targeting. People these days care too much about balance to create some fun, broken weapons. Hell, even the random normal weapons had more interesting attributes like charge for DPS.

I'd say if you want fun and broken stuff that's just in the realm of class combos instead of weapons. For example anything /Gu is always hilariously broken against bosses, or how 11 Fo/Te and a Te/Ra can go from phase 1 pd to phase 3 with 1hp remaining.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
The problem with pso2 with regards to rule breaking is that they're really intent on potentials being small tweaks and weapon types being strictly defined

Also potentials are a terrible mechanic because they're locked behind the worst mechanic in the game

You don't ever really see weird broken poo poo in mmos nowadays because word of mouth travels faster so the ~best thing~ always gets found really fast and also people want whatever they pick to be as good as anything else. Not that melee classes actually do that per se but that's a different topic

Basically what I'm getting at is PSO was a single player type arpg with multiplayer while PSO2 very much follows the constraints of the modern MMO paradigm

Reco fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

http://www.tssznews.com/2015/12/31/source-sega-japan-business-agreement-preventing-pso2-western-release/

So SEGA accidentally signed away their ability to bring it to Steam for nothing, possibly the agreement goes even further, certainly they won't release it if it's not on Steam.

• Locked thread