Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

my great grandpa died in ww1 but his body was never recovered bc he got owned so hard by a hand grenade he was shot down deep into the strata of southern france

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

my great grandpa died in ww1 but his body was never recovered bc he got owned so hard by a hand grenade he was shot down deep into the strata of southern france

Some say he is still being driven deep into the earth by the explosion to this day.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/hongkonghermit/status/816524994943422464

I'm still amazed at how fun horsies are.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
LMG bullets need to do more damage.

That is all.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Yeah I feel liked they nerfed them in hardcore recently too.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
They do the exact same damage as as SMGs. 5-bullet kills.

Although I swear to god I've gotten 6 hitmarkers without a kill at sub-30m ranges. I think that hitmarkers in this game are a lie and it gives them to you to make you feel good. Like the old K/D ratios at launch that were just wrong.

edit: Honestly what I think they should do is reduce or smooth out the damage drop. LMGs should be a very strong medium to long range weapon. Sub 30m distances are already dominated by SMGs and shotguns. make LMGs hold their damage out to like 50m. I'm getting sniped from WAY farther away than that. If holding their full damage is too much, make it a linear decrease instead of a cliff where at 50m you're doing less than 20 damage per bullet.

edit2: I mean, as much as I want ramboing someone in an enclosed space to be awesome, gently caress realism, I just want LMGs to feel like they have a useful roll. give them a wacky damage curve where they only do like 20 damage <25m, but do 25 from 25m-45m and then back to 20 at >45m. Then they would really great where SMGs aren't as great, but still not sniping weapons.

Snak fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 4, 2017

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
LMGs are probably my favourite type of weapon in this game, you just have to be kinda campy and always use the bipod. Plus the BAR is probably the closest thing to an assault rifle in this game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There are so many times where I die when using an LMG when I am positive I would have lived if I had any other weapon. In a one on one firefight, you are always at a disadvantage with an LMG.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

lambskin posted:

LMGs are probably my favourite type of weapon in this game, you just have to be kinda campy and always use the bipod. Plus the BAR is probably the closest thing to an assault rifle in this game.

They're definitely my favorite weapon too, but every time I switch to something else, I'm far more effective. LMGs are really fun to shoot, and they have their uses, but if I could resupply people while being assault class, I would just do that all the time.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Snak posted:

I think that hitmarkers in this game are a lie and it gives them to you to make you feel good.

I've set my headshot hitmarker to a custom color and it's ridiculous how many times i see it indicate a headshot without killing anyone

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I made the switch from playing mostly medic to playing mostly support and think the MGs are much better. The BAR Storm is a monster up to 50m and the bipod ones dominate after that. They're just so accurate and have so little recoil.

Medic on the other hand I've pretty much given up on. The guns either have too little ammo or too much recoil, everyone skips revives, and you pretty much only get one choice of kit, pouch and needle. The experience feels so same-y. I had a lot more fun when I started playing support and could gently caress around with the limpet charge one second and the mortar the next or whatever.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Mondragon storm is so good it's no contest. Also, switch out one of your items for HE rifle grenades if the enemy is dug in or clumped up. Medic is real good.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
For support I have a huge hard-on for the Huot currently. If you're not a good shot, like me, the BAR probably isn't as good as everyone says it is. Try out the Huot. It's more accurate and has more bullets so you have a better chance of killing one person before having to reload.

Yes, I'm that bad. What's funny is that I'm often at the top of the scoreboard simply because I use ammo pouches.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Trillhouse posted:

I made the switch from playing mostly medic to playing mostly support and think the MGs are much better. The BAR Storm is a monster up to 50m and the bipod ones dominate after that. They're just so accurate and have so little recoil.

I feel like we're playing a different game. Prone against a stationary target I can't get a kill before I get headshotted. That's me just holding the crosshairs on them, holding the trigger down. I get that 1v1 against an SMG I'm not going to win at close quarters, but medics just clown me at medium range.

edit: It doens't really matter. I feel like the game is 90% snipers. It's so completely lame to be being shot at by 3 snipers at a time, all the time. Even when I think I'm losing 1v1 against the guy with the smg, kill cam shows that actually it was a sniper that killed me.

Snak fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 4, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Medic guns are by far the best. They hold their own at close range, and can even be hip-fired to good effect. They destroy every other gun at mid-range. They can outsnipe wookies at long range. I wish I could use them on every class.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Medic class still OP

wonder how it would play out if they put a massive cooldown on self heals or removed them altogether from say, hardcore

I wish LMGs were just plain monsters that saw through people (game would feel more like WW1 that way) but at least it is real satisfying to get shot at by a sniper, hit the dirt, suppress him with a few shots, and then zero in taps to the head as he desperately tries to get a bead on you. I honestly have an easier time outsniping scouts than medics with the scoped BAR/MG15

Mondragon sniper OTOH just destroys actual snipers

Snak posted:

I feel like we're playing a different game. Prone against a stationary target I can't get a kill before I get headshotted. That's me just holding the crosshairs on them, holding the trigger down. I get that 1v1 against an SMG I'm not going to win at close quarters, but medics just clown me at medium range.

Yeah lol I give up against medics at medium range and just hide

Snak posted:

edit: It doens't really matter. I feel like the game is 90% snipers. It's so completely lame to be being shot at by 3 snipers at a time, all the time. Even when I think I'm losing 1v1 against the guy with the smg, kill cam shows that actually it was a sniper that killed me.

Battlefield is weird. when everyone gets into the rhythm of spawning in so fast and running directly to the action, it can feel like the only way to keep up is to also run directly towards any action. With the music going and the radio lady telling you We're Losing Objective Apples Through Grabass, Hurry The gently caress Up, it can feel like going for the flank is just going to take too long for too little return

But if you turn off the music, disable the announcer, take a breath, forget about the shilly voice of jackfraghs imploring you to PEE TEE EFF OH, and just...play like you're solid snake, flitting from cover to cover

the game transforms into your personal MGS4 populated by enemy guards every bit as stupid as in single player. I promise :)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

One sword swing, two kills.

http://imgur.com/kueEKHw

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

lambskin posted:

The Optical Benet-Mercie is life

mellowjournalism posted:

Battlefield is weird. when everyone gets into the rhythm of spawning in so fast and running directly to the action, it can feel like the only way to keep up is to also run directly towards any action. With the music going and the radio lady telling you We're Losing Objective Apples Through Grabass, Hurry The gently caress Up, it can feel like going for the flank is just going to take too long for too little return

But if you turn off the music, disable the announcer, take a breath, forget about the shilly voice of jackfraghs imploring you to PEE TEE EFF OH, and just...play like you're solid snake, flitting from cover to cover

the game transforms into your personal MGS4 populated by enemy guards every bit as stupid as in single player. I promise :)

I love playing Domination like that, see where all the action is, spawn, go the opposite direction.

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 4, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't understand the reasoning behind "variants have differences that aren't reflected in the stat bars". Why not have them reflected? As it is, the weapon stat bars are almost completely useless, since they are practically the same for every weapon, except that they aren't accurate.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

e.pilot posted:

The Optical Benet-Mercie is life

It's what I keep going back to. It feel good from the shoulder and is a laser when set on its bipod. The only other shoulder MG I like is the BAR Storm and it's tiny mag and lack of bipod annoy me.

If the Benet Mercie had a bigger belt it's all I would ever use. Reloading it feels like starting a new page on a typewriter and I love it.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Trillhouse posted:

It's what I keep going back to. It feel good from the shoulder and is a laser when set on its bipod. The only other shoulder MG I like is the BAR Storm and it's tiny mag and lack of bipod annoy me.

If the Benet Mercie had a bigger belt it's all I would ever use. Reloading it feels like starting a new page on a typewriter and I love it.

The MG15 suppressive can be entertaining in the right situations with the ridiculous 200rd magazine, but unless you're using the bipod it's completely useless.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

e.pilot posted:

The MG15 suppressive can be entertaining in the right situations with the ridiculous 200rd magazine, but unless you're using the bipod it's completely useless.

the MG15 Storm (with the vertical foregrip) is crazy accurate.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Trillhouse posted:

Yeah I'm legit in love with the Benet Mercie. If it had a bigger belt it's all ANYBODY would use because it's so goddamn good. They nailed the gratuitous reload, it's very "this gun is a tank just use your fist".

mellowjournalism posted:

petition to replace one of the emote radials with "PLAY GRABASS WITH YOUR BUDDY"

*snaps a towel at u*

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
theres a bunch of wrong opinions in this thread about lmgs that arent the madsen

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

theres a bunch of wrong opinions in this thread about lmgs that arent the madsen

The madsen seems okay, but that magazine blocks a huge part of my screen. Hard to get used to that.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

e.pilot posted:

It's fun to use it as an AA gun but I kinda prefer the Lewis suppressive to it. I don't actually need the extra 100 rounds and the Lewis is more accurate with less recoil.

I'm still kinda shocked I like it so much after writing it off prenerf. It was dog poo poo then but it's probably my third favorite after the 1909 Optical and BAR Storm now. Great fun on open maps like Giant's Shadow with people running through fields between points.

Edit: though I haven't unlocked the Huot yet so I guess I'll reserve my opinion on that one.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How do you use the bipod on the LMG's?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Go prone. Or if you're in front of a window or piece of rubble that is waist high it will work too. If your gun sorta turns orients itself so it comes straight out of your view instead of at an angle you'll know it's working.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

e.pilot posted:

entertainment is enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM_vGi3gCJo

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

RCarr posted:

How do you use the bipod on the LMG's?

It took three (four?) loving games but they finally made it so it just happens. There is no animation of you "deploying" the bipod.

It just happens and then you feel the steel shooting out of the hot extended barrel as it just washes all over your enemies in a near perfect stream of cummies lead.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

In a fit of madness i rented a ps4 server for 31 days so feel free to log in or whatever. Its called "Absolutely no Suez"

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Biplane posted:

In a fit of madness i rented a ps4 server for 31 days so feel free to log in or whatever. Its called "Absolutely no Suez"

I hope it's only Suez.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Can I be a shithead admin yet? I'll get a Xbox server when I can

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Is there a reason planes will randomly drop 50 feet in altitude without input or any reason when you're flying around?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Snak posted:

the MG15 Storm (with the vertical foregrip) is crazy accurate.

I honestly haven't tried that one yet, I'll have to give it a go tonight.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

e.pilot posted:

I honestly haven't tried that one yet, I'll have to give it a go tonight.

Maybe accurate is the wrong word, but there's like no recoil. So it handles like an assault rifle, it's very nice.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

https://gfycat.com/FaithfulCleanAmericanindianhorse
Not being able to melee dudes off of weapon emplacements is a glaring oversight and DICE needs to fix this immediately. Thankfully he had 2 buddies hanging out next to the field gun.

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 14, 2017

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I can't see who recommended playing Rush because phone posting, but thank you! I'm having a blast and never would've tried it out otherwise.

Millertime
Jul 5, 2007
Just started a Ps4 battlegoons party, jump on in! My Psn = MillertimeLTP , chat is named Goon and Friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The way this scene played out made me laugh harder than anything else in this game.
http://i.imgur.com/KepnQgP.gifv

To truly master the horse, you must practice your lip tricks.
http://i.imgur.com/IeesN9x.gifv