Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh no, yet another hot dog water corporate Democrat can’t run in 2020 after treating his own state like poo poo unchallenged for years? my gosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

On the other hand this means drones won’t be allowed in the military when Pence becomes President

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Pirate Radar posted:

On the other hand this means drones won’t be allowed in the military when Pence becomes President

If we tell them drones are non-binary then they'll program them all in ASCII.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

I always thought Predators looked a little homunculus-ish. I'll have to read this article even if I already know it's going to be scientistic and sterilized

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

This take is so galactic that I think I've been slammed into the timeline where Trump is president

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

drone pilots get really weird forms of ptsd caused by killing people from thousands of miles away and the fact everyone else on the base hates them for it lol

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Plutonis posted:

Iranian expats are incredibly scummy. I bet that dipshit would suck off Trump if he decided to do a regime change invasion.

Every authoritarian regime needs its Ahmed Chalabi

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

this might actually be the hottest take.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

The Kingfish posted:

the hottest take is the ambulance doing clearup from the gay bomb

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Byolante posted:

You
I wanna kill you with a gay bomb

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Byolante posted:

The gayest bomb of all time

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Kingfish posted:

The hottest take is the decision to give this article an award.

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

I googled it and the full abstract is worth a read:

quote:

Abstract
Killing with drones produces queer moments of disorientation. Drawing on queer phenomenology, I show how militarized masculinities function as spatiotemporal landmarks that give killing in war its “orientation” and make it morally intelligible. These bearings no longer make sense for drone warfare, which radically deviates from two of its main axes: the home–combat and distance–intimacy binaries. Through a narrative methodology, I show how descriptions of drone warfare are rife with symptoms of an unresolved disorientation, often expressed as gender anxiety over the failure of the distance–intimacy and home–combat axes to orient killing with drones. The resulting vertigo sparks a frenzy of reorientation attempts, but disorientation can lead in multiple and sometimes surprising directions – including, but not exclusively, more violent ones. With drones, the point is that none have yet been reliably secured, and I conclude by arguing that, in the midst of this confusion, it is important not to lose sight of the possibility of new paths, and the “hope of new directions.”

Keywords: drones, militarized masculinities, queer phenomenology, robotic war, narrative

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
“Genderbot, what is the queerest thing?”

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

White Rock posted:

I googled it and the full abstract is worth a read:
Queer Phenomenology: Robotic War Narrative sounds like a pretty good JRPG that would only have been released on PS Vita

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

I was wearing eclipse glasses when I read this and my eyes still melted out of my face.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

fridge corn posted:

It's funny when ugly dudes think they can simply "become Chad" by working out, looksmaxing, "working on their personalities" or whatever else.

The simple reality is that Chads are born, not made. Chad is a combination of male model and/or pretty boy looks, male model physique, and high NT extroverted good-hearted and very likable personality. Moreover, Chad was born with all of these. If you don't have all 3, you are not and can never be Chad. Chad is the protagonist of almost every story; The "Goku" if you will.

So let's be clear:

If you're an ugly dude (underbite, big nose, droopy eyes or any other odd or non-symmetrical features in general) but are extrovert and have a good physique, you can't be Chad and you will likely never bang anything other than high-T ugly and fat women despite your efforts (most of TRP and PUA community right here). Nappa. Conversely the ogre gymcel that is not high NT is our Piccolo.

If you're a really good-looking guy, but an autist and don't work out much or anything, you will easily have a lot more success with women than ugly gymcel as face < everything else. You will probably even have female stalkers and fangirls here and there (though usually fugly weaboo girls that you aren't interested in) but you still can't be Chad. Chad-lite, Trunks or Yamcha.

If you've got good looks AND you're a gymcel but you're an autist, narcissist, or just an rear end in a top hat, you can do pretty well with women on some level, but will not be able to keep them or attract them like Chad effortlessly does and likely will always be jealous of Chad for his likability and charisma as well as the fact that no matter what you do, he's just better than you and gets way more attention than you. Narcissistic Chad-lite here, or our "Vegeta" if you will.

If you're a high NT likeable good-hearted guy but lack looks of any kind (e.g. "the jolly fat guy" of the crew or "the cool ugly guy" or something) you have it the worst as personality matters LEAST despite what femoids say. The bros will love you of course, but you will struggle to get dates even with hambeasts although you will likely "luck out" eventually and marry one that will treat you like poo poo, cuck you with Tyrone, and eventually divorce you.

I would say that last one is the "Krillin" but Krillin manages to marry a 10 like Android 18, something that would never happen in real life. Mr. Popo maybe?

DBZ theory is legit.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
lol krillin just torpedoes their entire setup

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
he married a literal femoid

you'd think they'd just dismiss him for that

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

"ey I think drones are fockin' queer, yo"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
yajirobe was right there

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Goin Chiaoutzu in the pussy

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Future Trunks has a hot girlfriend on Dragon Ball Super this guy is a loving noob

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I lol’d on the drone headline but then the abstract is good.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

There are really only a few paths to get from leftist ideology to nutjob antisemitism, and "eat the rich" is one of them. Which would be… acceptable, I guess, if "eat the rich" got you any meaningful value as a policy proposal or ideological guide. But it's just resentment weaponized and any positive political result that comes from it is merely accidental.

So, can we just knock it off, as a coalition, please?

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

There are really only a few paths to get from leftist ideology to nutjob antisemitism, and "eat the rich" is one of them. Which would be… acceptable, I guess, if "eat the rich" got you any meaningful value as a policy proposal or ideological guide. But it's just resentment weaponized and any positive political result that comes from it is merely accidental.

uhhh, no

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
this thread doesn’t need a LOB

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Marxian_Arrow/status/969569534968500226

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Eating the rich is an expression of the class struggle, gently caress off

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

This guy is fuckin lit

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh my gooooddddd

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Taintrunner posted:

oh my gooooddddd

now hes citing taft hartley to say why they shouldn't be striking because its illegal

which its not, there's certani types of strikes that are illegal but its basically federal employees, strikes for the purpose of assigning specific people specific jobs, and strikes that involve picketing an unrelated but adjacent business in such a way as to stop them from doing business

never mind that a marxist is citing union busting laws

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
this is all literally on the wikipedia article he linked btw

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Oh this is the good stuff.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
his tl rn is him just quote tweeting people and being insane, he hasn't responded to me since i screenshotted the wiki page sections about strikes and asked him to point to where it said striking as a whole was illegal

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/Marxian_Arrow/status/971958961686462464

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

This one, this one I adore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU