Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You don’t get to “forget” to make a satisfying end game because your primary focus was getting kids to spend their parents’ money on gambling lootboxes and get treated politely. Imho.

Yeah I tend to agree.

Bungie capitulated to Activisions loot box requests and their market research coward requests of removing gamer toxicity about players having to have certain items to join a lfg team and wanting it to be more casual and shot themselves in the dick.

Like I said a few times the problem is they went way to far with a lot of nerds and adjustments to poo poo that needed a light tweak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They always did that. Always nerfed too hard and buffed too little.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I played trials for the first time since week 2 or so and we got a team of 3 nightstalkers and a golden gun, that was loving annoying as hell. They would just bounce around throwing smoke, going invisible and using that gemini jester poo poo to disable your radar wtf

this guy was on their team

https://guardian.gg/2/profile/4611686018466956845/ralphadalph/39

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

actionjackson posted:

I played trials for the first time since week 2 or so and we got a team of 3 nightstalkers and a golden gun, that was loving annoying as hell. They would just bounce around throwing smoke, going invisible and using that gemini jester poo poo to disable your radar wtf

this guy was on their team

https://guardian.gg/2/profile/4611686018466956845/ralphadalph/39

Yeah i play against 4 nightstalkers on the reg and my team is usually one striker (me) and 3 nightstalkers.

Its poo poo.

Nightstalkers can remove enemy radar, go invisible and have 2 nades (one of which fucks with the enemy radar). They also have the best PvP jump.

The trade off they get a poo poo super but most of the supers are poo poo and you only get 1 per match anyway. Nightstalkers are just better right now.

The other classes need a buff.

But you know bungie.... you gotta nerf that shoulder charge.... fuckheads.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

To be fair titans didn't need the best air mobility, the best grenades and the best mobility super all at the same time

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah i play against 4 nightstalkers on the reg and my team is usually one striker (me) and 3 nightstalkers.

Its poo poo.

Nightstalkers can remove enemy radar, go invisible and have 2 nades (one of which fucks with the enemy radar). They also have the best PvP jump.

The trade off they get a poo poo super but most of the supers are poo poo and you only get 1 per match anyway. Nightstalkers are just better right now.

The other classes need a buff.

But you know bungie.... you gotta nerf that shoulder charge.... fuckheads.

poo poo was like playing against Cirque de Soleil

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Norns posted:

To be fair titans didn't need the best air mobility, the best grenades and the best mobility super all at the same time

I like how the class that is described everywhere as the walls that do not break or yield or move is the one most about breaking and yielding and moving.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Norns posted:

Oh gently caress off. All they had was shoulder charge to add to make the movement good. They took it out because people had trouble hitting titans moving in the air. That's the most basic poo poo.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Norns posted:

They had the best nades.

I dunno what you're smoking thinking they had the best other two. I can't even chase someone down while slam is active.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is the trials pulse any good (darkest before)? I got it, but pulses suck in this game. However it seems to be very popular on PC, but maybe they are just more effective on that platform (like HCs).

CheeseFactory posted:

They had the best nades.

I dunno what you're smoking thinking they had the best other two. I can't even chase someone down while slam is active.

You ever try sentinel with double shield? That's pretty fun for having a long range attack with your super.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I like how the class that is described everywhere as the walls that do not break or yield or move is the one most about breaking and yielding and moving.

In Destiny 1? Sure. Skating was awesome.

But lol if you think Titans are fast in D2. All the classes are equally dogshit slow.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Most pulses are just ok. You'd be better off with an ar that's the only problem.

I keep one of the tasty ones in my fault for when (if) they get the buff they need.

The trials one Is pretty good.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Is the trials pulse any good (darkest before)? I got it, but pulses suck in this game. However it seems to be very popular on PC, but maybe they are just more effective on that platform (like HCs).

You ever try sentinel with double shield? That's pretty fun for having a long range attack with your super.

Is that the full auto pulse? If so that thing is pretty fun and decent. If its any of the others no.

Only used Sentinel in PvE and it's fun. Dont see it being amazing for PvP though. Striker has the best neutral game and Sunbreaker has the best super, of the Titans.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Is that the full auto pulse? If so that thing is pretty fun and decent. If its any of the others no.

Only used Sentinel in PvE and it's fun. Dont see it being amazing for PvP though. Striker has the best neutral game and Sunbreaker has the best super, of the Titans.

Yes.

One thing about the sentinel super I like is the shield block part. You can tank multiple golden gun shots, rockets, etc. But the sunbreaker super is probably a bit more flexible for longer range.

Sentinel also works relatively well with the other tree when using synthoceps for the melee overshield (though melee is poo poo in this game so eh).

Watching some footage of trials on PC, it seems like sentinel is a pretty popular pick for titan. Apparently they bash attack the super has has absurd range.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/213571188

Check out 2:10:50 lol

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 2, 2018

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah, it’s the full auto one. I’ve had 2 of them drop as masterworks, range and reload, and I still find myself going back to Uriel’s. It definitely melts people in capable hands, especially with team shots.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

Yeah, it’s the full auto one. I’ve had 2 of them drop as masterworks, range and reload, and I still find myself going back to Uriel’s. It definitely melts people in capable hands, especially with team shots.

Oh yeah uriels is better. It might be a pro choice after the inevitable uriels nerf

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
ahahaha i just went unbroken + we ran out of medals in mayhem

it's me, the blinky voidwalker creeping around with the colony like an rear end in a top hat

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Yeah I tend to agree.

Bungie capitulated to Activisions loot box requests and their market research coward requests of removing gamer toxicity about players having to have certain items to join a lfg team and wanting it to be more casual and shot themselves in the dick.
One of Bungie's biggest problems right now is that they don't know what they want Destiny to be. It's set up as a loot/collect game that punishes grinding and wiped out our collection at the end of the first game. Trials and competitive crucible are there to entice MLG types, but there's no private matchmaking. There's an incredible setting and lore that's hidden behind clownshoes voice acting and poo poo dialog. The team constantly talks about rewarding players, and then gives us a lovely token system and feeder engrams for the MTX store.

Honestly the most frustrating thing is that there's a loving awesome game in there somewhere, it's just getting lost in all the confusion.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Yep my thoughts exactly. It could be amazing and im sure there are a hell of a lot of people who want to make it amazing. But its being poisoned by dumb rear end decisions, ego's and greed.

I was hoping Destiny 2 would go the boarderlands approach of endless crazy guns and crazy poo poo to shoot them at, all with the Destiny level of gunplay and polish.

Boy did i feel like poo poo when i saw the 2 primary weapon load out, static bland weapon rolls and abilities on huge timers. And those loving tokens.

But hey, we got raid match making on a 30 or so minute timer, so im sure steves happy

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

actionjackson posted:

Yes.

One thing about the sentinel super I like is the shield block part. You can tank multiple golden gun shots, rockets, etc. But the sunbreaker super is probably a bit more flexible for longer range.

Sentinel also works relatively well with the other tree when using synthoceps for the melee overshield (though melee is poo poo in this game so eh).

Watching some footage of trials on PC, it seems like sentinel is a pretty popular pick for titan. Apparently they bash attack the super has has absurd range.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/213571188

Check out 2:10:50 lol

I believe sentinel is so popular in PVP because of the mask of the quiet one.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I am curious about the game Bungie want to make.

Survival FPS where you have a limited amount of ammo and weapons are a thing that exist ( PUBG, Battle Royale)

Loot FPS where you loot less than 20 different weapons and use them forever I can't imagine any game. Generally is against the very loot philosophy. Maybe Dead Island is somewhat like that, because weapons would break, so you would want to either craft another or use other weapon you already had.

Destiny 1 was good and is possible that it was kind of accident. They made shooting fun (because they are talented people), they made good art and good general graphic aesthetics. I sometimes feel that they wanted to make the played much less powerful, and each encounter to take much more time and skill to complete, but they did not had a idea how to do that. So they accidentally made the player into a anime character, a Mary Sue that would vacuum clear the level from enemies and loot.

The division kind of did this with a survival mode where you would use the weapons you find, so if you find a shotgun, thats what you are going to use.

I have tried to google for "bungie vision for destiny 1" but all I find is destiny 2 related articles. Is hard to find some primary source on this.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CheeseFactory posted:

Yep my thoughts exactly. It could be amazing and im sure there are a hell of a lot of people who want to make it amazing. But its being poisoned by dumb rear end decisions, ego's and greed.

I was hoping Destiny 2 would go the boarderlands approach of endless crazy guns and crazy poo poo to shoot them at, all with the Destiny level of gunplay and polish.

Boy did i feel like poo poo when i saw the 2 primary weapon load out, static bland weapon rolls and abilities on huge timers. And those loving tokens.

But hey, we got raid match making on a 30 or so minute timer, so im sure steves happy

man, I really need to use that matchmaker sometime... or just sign up for fuckin' goon raids in the cord like a normal person.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CheeseFactory posted:

In Destiny 1? Sure. Skating was awesome.

But lol if you think Titans are fast in D2. All the classes are equally dogshit slow.

Well yeah, but my Wall That Does Not Break Or Move's abilities include rushing forward to punch a lot because your tiny t-rex arms demand it, shoulder charging forward, Captain America running and shield-throwing, Thor's Mjolnir running around (unless you spec into the one where you hold still in a sunspot which is as close as that gets to not moving), Running Around Hulk Smashing, and so on. The Ward of Dawn and the spec where you get stronger in sunspots so you stay in them are about as close as you get to it.

Which is fine don't get me wrong, that's fun as hell. It's why Mayhem's good. It's just kind of lol how everything describes Titans as the exact opposite of what they actually do.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

BlindSite posted:

Oh gently caress off. All they had was shoulder charge to add to make the movement good. They took it out because people had trouble hitting titans moving in the air. That's the most basic poo poo.

This is a normal reaction

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Shoulder charge should at least take out the enemy's shields

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

moist turtleneck posted:

Shoulder charge should at least take out the enemy's shields

Bungie Problem: shoulder charge is so bad that people only use it as a movement skill

Bungie Solution: shoulder charge movement component nerfed

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
FYI, eververse is selling warbeast ornament and and an exotic ghost that gives extra loot while doing public events

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
the ghost is broken rn

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

texaholic posted:

FYI, eververse is selling warbeast ornament and and an exotic ghost that gives extra loot while doing public events

What is "Warbeast Ornament"?

EDIT: oh dang that's way better than the Prestige Raid ornament

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What is "Warbeast Ornament"?

EDIT: oh dang that's way better than the Prestige Raid ornament

Lol this guy gets it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Go figure it goes up after I blew all my dust on the loving giving emote

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I assume if I throw out the prestige raid quest I'll keep finding the restart item periodically, like Husk of the Pit?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

haveblue posted:

I assume if I throw out the prestige raid quest I'll keep finding the restart item periodically, like Husk of the Pit?

You can just get it back from Benedict at any time iirc

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

the ghost is broken rn

How so?

e. Nvm, it's broken as in "this dumb poo poo legit doesn't work". Dayum.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 2, 2018

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Norns posted:

Go figure it goes up after I blew all my dust on the loving giving emote

Lol same, but I tore through some stuff to get it. Earn your 3 Brights on your main, dismantle, then eat some shaders? At least it's the 800 Dust offering and not the 1250 or whatever.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

We just finished the prestige raid. I wish you could opt out of exotic quests you've already done on other characters. Or maybe just not take up a heavy slot for a dumb quest.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
this got me good

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

Lol same, but I tore through some stuff to get it. Earn your 3 Brights on your main, dismantle, then eat some shaders? At least it's the 800 Dust offering and not the 1250 or whatever.

Yeah I have a couple exotic sparrows without instant summons I could also eat if it comes down to it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Which Sunbreaker grenade is best for PvE? Gonna take a stab at that Prestige Nightfall since Torrent + Hallowfire = literal constant grenades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
thermite imo if you’re doing the torrent/hallowfire Thing