Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
a guy made a new one based off the first one where players & pokemon used the same stats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

01011001 posted:

is the pokemon tabletop game less brokedy-poo poo than it started out as or is it still some horrible d20-based monstrosity

or is this a different one

first one is still an abomination yeah

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
I'm going to be a Hex Maniac.

Dec 26, 2012

Red Metal posted:

a guy made a new one based off the first one where players & pokemon used the same stats

are the stats coherent now

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
can you beat up a pokemon with your bare hands.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
And If you're going to make a pokemon RPG you need rules for designing a region ffs.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

if you take a bag full of filled pokeballs and throw it off a bridge do you get xp for defeating all of them

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Nihnoz posted:

yes

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

01011001 posted:

are the stats coherent now

the combat stats are the same as the video games

for skills they're put under three stats (brawn, smarts, charm or something like that) & you roll Xd6+Y, where X is your rank in that skill and Y is your rank in that skill's stat

Nihnoz posted:

yes

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
Let's be real: I could easily beat a pokemon in hand to hand combat. I'm trained in CQC.

Dec 26, 2012

Red Metal posted:

the combat stats are the same as the video games

for skills they're put under three stats (brawn, smarts, charm or something like that) & you roll Xd6+Y, where X is your rank in that skill and Y is your rank in that skill's stat

yes

seems fine, at least in comparison

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Nihnoz posted:

Let's be real: I could easily beat a pokemon in hand to hand combat. I'm trained in CQC.

CQC is hella strong, you just click R3 and they die at your feet.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
where's the link.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Nihnoz posted:

where's the link.

the clusterfuck:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ybse6bxmorl8767/PTAXYUpdate.zip

newer one:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ss8xoof408j8swj/PTU+1.04.zip

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Anyone want to chat about the theological implications of being able to capture god in a small ball made by science and forcing him to fight for you?

Dec 26, 2012

the implications are that japanese theology is way cooler than western

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Covok posted:

So, what games are everyone in/running right now?

I just finished running a mage story, I run vampire (with a werewolf) and I play mage and 13th age. they're all awful and I hate every single person in each of those games

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Nihnoz posted:

I bet a hitmonchan could beat you up

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nihnoz posted:

I'm going to be a Hex Maniac.

i like the xy hex maniac b/c she looks like the chick from watamote and there is a lot of lactation fetish fanart of her on danbooru ftw

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

01011001 posted:

the implications are that japanese theology is way cooler than western

"Man, everything is better in Japan! Why can't life be more like my japanamations?! God,...I need my waifu."

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Covok posted:

"Man, everything is better in Japan! Why can't life be more like my japanamations?! God,...I need my waifu."

i feel sorry for the gaijin who does not have a burning nihonjin soul

Covok
May 27, 2013

stoutfish posted:

i feel sorry for the gaijin who does not have a burning nihonjin soul

"I was a japanese school girl in my past life, I swear, you baka gaijin filth!"

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
some really incisive stuff here

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
my name was kimikiko and i died my from complications of radiation posioning

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

some really incisive stuff here

imagine a world where "incisive" meant "buck-toothed"

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
now... imagine no longer

Covok
May 27, 2013

stoutfish posted:

"You think that makes you more of a taco than me?"

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I need to get a feel for how successful TG PbP games actually are. Do most of them finish? What's the accepted posting speed?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

now... imagine no longer

:B

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

suck my dick ferrinus

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I need to get a feel for how successful TG PbP games actually are. Do most of them finish? What's the accepted posting speed?

lmfao

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

ahahahahahah

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

the answer to both of these questions is no

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

this post is the obverse of shakespeare

Dec 26, 2012

stoutfish posted:

greetings.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Attorney at Funk posted:

this post is the obverse of shakespeare

I haven't been in a PBP game since GWB's first term but it's relieving to know that they are as ultimately pointless for everyone else.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

suck my dick ferrinus

wghat the gently caress

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i like the xy hex maniac b/c she looks like the chick from watamote and there is a lot of lactation fetish fanart of her on danbooru ftw

Hex maniac is a supported archetype ftw.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
But otoh being cute and stylish is probably more important in a pokemon game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Attorney at Funk posted:

I just finished running a mage story, I run vampire (with a werewolf) and I play mage and 13th age. they're all awful and I hate every single person in each of those games

Then why are you still in them? :/

• Locked thread