Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I forgot to post this after I made it, and god knows you'll all yell at me if I don't post my dog every two pages :D

e: oh poo poo that worked out nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

I don't think I have the power to change the subforum name, but "Derek Smart's Nightmare Autism Battle Arena" does have a p nice ring to it haha.

Let's rename the subforum "Deloria's haus of speship kittehs lolll :3333".

It's what we deserve

We've lost the right to use Derek's name

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Marching Powder posted:

imustadmitiquestionedyoursuitabilitytobeingamodwhenyou'relikeamondoposterofofftopicshitandidoublyquesti
oneditandcalledyournameswhenyoustartedseriouslysuggestingthatsomethreadmemeswerenolongerallowedbu
ti'mgladyou'renolongerseriouslyconsideringaddinghilariouslyhypocriticalbitchboytoyourpostingrepertoireofrecip
esandyourfuckingdogmangoodjob

:argh:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
FAU is painfully unfunny and makes terrible mod decisions, but he accidentally did something good this time.

things like Star Citizen become exponentially less funny when people want to make it about themselves. This is the largest train crash in gaming history and will probably lead to literal suicides. It's a thing to watch. Star Citizen itself is the point. It isn't about any one person.

That and silencing leaks was bullshit. Derek has clustered a bunch of sources of information and suppressed them so he is in charge of them.

So not only was he trying to make this entire thing about him, he was also strangling the actual comedy out of it at the same time.

People talk to me though and all of those "Two Weeks" and "The ELE is in full swing" posts were usually about someone telling derek about actual federal agents being involved, actual lawsuits being filed, something a senior dev at CIG said or did or was going to do. I'd have rather just heard that poo poo in the first place instead of getting it through an insane middleman who is only interested in himself and never divulges what he was actually told, just drops hints that he knows things.

Hell just from seeing him swoop down on anyone that actually had anything relevant to say over the past year i've learned a ton of poo poo that never made it into the thread because it was usually someone coming on the discord and having 5 minutes to actually say something to prove they knew inside information before Derek arrived, publicly scolded them and then six months later that person has said nothing else at all about CIG.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

AAhh! You made me go look.

And there's more stupid crap we didn't bother finding from before.

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4acb72f26cad04a030ceeae5fc9e219e

He's like that 'wacky' kid everyone knew online at 16 , except he never grew up, got super duper humongous fat, and is somehow becoming a more terrible person by the second

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

FAU is painfully unfunny and makes terrible mod decisions, but he accidentally did something good this time.

things like Star Citizen become exponentially less funny when people want to make it about themselves. This is the largest train crash in gaming history and will probably lead to literal suicides. It's a thing to watch. Star Citizen itself is the point. It isn't about any one person.

That and silencing leaks was bullshit. Derek has clustered a bunch of sources of information and suppressed them so he is in charge of them.

So not only was he trying to make this entire thing about him, he was also strangling the actual comedy out of it at the same time.

People talk to me though and all of those "Two Weeks" and "The ELE is in full swing" posts were usually about someone telling derek about actual federal agents being involved, actual lawsuits being filed, something a senior dev at CIG said or did or was going to do. I'd have rather just heard that poo poo in the first place instead of getting it through an insane middleman who is only interested in himself and never divulges what he was actually told, just drops hints that he knows things.

Hell just from seeing him swoop down on anyone that actually had anything relevant to say over the past year i've learned a ton of poo poo that never made it into the thread because it was usually someone coming on the discord and having 5 minutes to actually say something to prove they knew inside information before Derek arrived, publicly scolded them and then six months later that person has said nothing else at all about CIG.

sing for us, fat shat. Give us the deets.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Pilz posted:

sing for us, fat shat. Give us the deets.

that's not my job, i basically only know that information exists not everyone is getting.

Ideate, Bootcha, Nineace, Atxsperg and anyone else that Derek has pulled into a secret cadre that only gives him information should be in here posting though.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Apart from the POTATO thing where there was obviously an inside source of some kind Derek never did poo poo but take the tens of thousands of words in this thread, add tens of thousands more words to it and then post an unreadable blog with links to :siren: THE JULY 2015 BLOG :siren: which occurred years after this forum had already figured out Star Citizen was full of poo poo.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

I forgot to post this after I made it, and god knows you'll all yell at me if I don't post my dog every two pages :D

e: oh poo poo that worked out nicely.
Did Kayak ever get over his phobia of dead chickens?

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

FactsAreUseless posted:

I do not remember this.
Welcome to hell/r/dereksmart. You are now part of the narrative.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

He's like that 'wacky' kid everyone knew online at 16 , except he never grew up, got super duper humongous fat, and is somehow becoming a more terrible person by the second

The man needs therapy. And I don't mean that insultingly, I mean therapy and of course commitment to change for the better would likely stand a good chance of improving his quality of life. Bit of a callback to thread history when everyone was hoping he'd start losing weight and get out of his lovely job.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Apart from the POTATO thing where there was obviously an inside source of some kind Derek never did poo poo but take the tens of thousands of words in this thread, add tens of thousands more words to it and then post an unreadable blog with links to :siren: THE JULY 2015 BLOG :siren: which occurred years after this forum had already figured out Star Citizen was full of poo poo.

Also though when Atxsperg and Nineace started posting Derek would appear, say "PM Me" and then the leaks stopped completely.

Bootcha's stories stopped completely after derek told him to PM him.

Ideate used to talk about personally meeting wingman and having discussions about the original investors and the project. Stopped completely when Derek scolded him in discord and told him to private chat him.

He has just been collecting anyone and everyone that actually knows anything at all and putting them under his direct supervision so that he can be the one to disseminate information. Except now people still don't know about the actual lawsuit that has been filed against CIG months after I found out, because I happened to see a message before Derek jumped all over the source.

I'd be way more forgiving of him inserting himself into the situation by collecting sources if he actually just loving said what they told him, but he just constantly tells everyone about all of this sweet information he has while telling nobody any of it. Had he not been here from the start at least 3-4 people would have continued giving us actual, relevant and funny information. All of that was completely eliminated though.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Pilz posted:

The man needs therapy. And I don't mean that insultingly, I mean therapy and of course commitment to change for the better would likely stand a good chance of improving his quality of life. Bit of a callback to thread history when everyone was hoping he'd start losing weight and get out of his lovely job.

I think his quality of life is great , in his eyes eye

He gets chauffeured around everywhere, has unlimited snacks and food at 'work , and gets paid to live out his fantasy

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

i must admit i questioned your suitability to being a mod when you're like a mondo poster of off topic poo poo and i doubly questioned it and called your names when you started seriously suggesting that some threadmemes were no longer allowed but i'm glad you're no longer seriously considering adding hilariously hypocritical bitch boy to your posting repertoire of recipes and your loving dog man good job
:laffo:

Do me, now.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If there was a lawsuit against CIG it would be public record, like all lawsuits.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Turns out Derek had nothing to give, but unlike CIG, Dereks nothing was free.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

:ohdear: what is that poor woman doing

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

You're like the guy who tries and gets in on a conversation at the bar between a group of work buddies, but everyone hates you and you pretend to ignore it, but they have to indirectly acknowledge your lovely attempts at humor because you figuratively call the cops if they aren't nice to you.

This coming from a guy who just registered an account here like two weeks ago too.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

If there was a lawsuit against CIG it would be public record, like all lawsuits.

I thought there were though, like, a few of them

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Just want to point out that Derek Smart can't prevent any CIG leaks from saying whatever they want anonymously to the whole world. If you didn't hear from them it's because they didn't want to, not because Derek is somehow suppressing them.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

cool new Polack jokes posted:

:ohdear: what is that poor woman doing

Getting stuck in a gravity well.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Just want to point out that Derek Smart can't prevent any CIG leaks from saying whatever they want anonymously to the whole world. If you didn't hear from them it's because they didn't want to, not because Derek is somehow suppressing them.

Just want to point out that multiple times in multiple places people were saying whatever they wanted, and in each case Derek jumped in and they stopped, completely. It's happened a bunch of times.

Yeah you can totally argue that people are adults and nobody can tell them what to do, but leaking a bunch of good information and then obviously stopping when Derek publicly demanded they speak with him is pretty obvious.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Not to mention a lawyer allowing you to say "I'm trying to get them to sue me so I can dig through their records" would be disbarred. The case literally would have no chance with a high likelihood of contempt getting tossed at you for trying. In short derek is positively full of poo poo about some of this, and I kinda doubt he has a lawyer giving him advice. If he does that lawyer should absolutely be reported to the Florida bar so they can sort out if his lawyer is full of poo poo or he is.. just sayin.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Honestly, I do expect him to be filled with ketchup instead of blood. Picture is accurate.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

I do not remember this.

That's odd, seeing as you where the one to cover up the doxxing of a middle aged woman and her two children. I guess this is so mundane at SA that it doesn't even register anymore with you guys.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Marching Powder posted:

i must admit i questioned your suitability to being a mod when you're like a mondo poster of off topic poo poo and i doubly questioned it and called your names when you started seriously suggesting that some threadmemes were no longer allowed but i'm glad you're no longer seriously considering adding hilariously hypocritical bitch boy to your posting repertoire of recipes and your loving dog man good job

LMAO right on, dude.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
We've always been at war with Eastasia.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

MeLKoR posted:

That's odd, seeing as you where the one to cover up the doxxing of a middle aged woman and her two children. I guess this is so mundane at SA that it doesn't even register anymore with you guys.

The incompetent toilet probably deleted it without reading.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If he was hoarding all this super secret insider info it would stand to reason that his predictions would be right at least somewhat often but when he stops blue balling long enough to actually make a prediction it's almost always wrong. ELE, 90 days til shutdown, Austin, Federal agents, 100% guaranteed to cause legal action, etc, etc, etc

Either way it's all great comedy because two people who are entirely up their own asses and who haven't done anything relevant in gaming in decades are having one of the most retarded slapfights in the history of the internet and as long as you aren't buying jpegs it's all free.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Just want to point out that multiple times in multiple places people were saying whatever they wanted, and in each case Derek jumped in and they stopped, completely. It's happened a bunch of times.

Yeah you can totally argue that people are adults and nobody can tell them what to do, but leaking a bunch of good information and then obviously stopping when Derek publicly demanded they speak with him is pretty obvious.
do you have a room in your house full of forum and twitter avatars printed out with red string leading from them to derek smart

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I think they backed down because the whole thing became a shitstorm of epic proportions and no one wants to get involved with any of that in their professional lives unless they are independently wealthy. Ultimately they could simply ignore Derek's futile demands and continue speaking to The Escapist or anyone else who would listen to them, no?
They chose, correctly IMO, to say "gently caress that noise" and get on with their lives.

Its not like it would have made any difference with the whales anyway, these guys are going down with the ship. loving hell, people are dangling from the propeller and lifeboats keep docking with the Titanic and bringing in more passengers.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Beet Wagon posted:

LMAO right on, dude.

it was cool how you posted your dog and 0 other content literally 2 posts after i posted that. seriously though, good job not following through on the tane thing. the only thing more pathetic than enforcing that especially when you read the first sentence of this post again is beer stepping in to probate me on your behalf. i did the thread a service beer. feel free to apologize in the written way or another ironic probation way that allows all the dorks in the thread to live vicariously through you as you punish The Bad Man

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

man. another top 5 derek thread moment was his furious meltdown about us talking about the Ryan Archer Fiasco hahaha. also his countless ignored mod challenges

say what you want about the guys mod suitability, derek is a genuine character and i sincerely hope he comes to post again.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
I'm sad Derek is gone :(

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

MeLKoR posted:

I think they backed down because the whole thing became a shitstorm of epic proportions and no one wants to get involved with any of that in their professional lives unless they are independently wealthy. Ultimately they could simply ignore Derek's futile demands and continue speaking to The Escapist or anyone else who would listen to them, no?
They chose, correctly IMO, to say "gently caress that noise" and get on with their lives.

Its not like it would have made any difference with the whales anyway, these guys are going down with the ship. loving hell, people are dangling from the propeller and lifeboats keep docking with the Titanic and bringing in more passengers.

Or he told them he would take care of it and leak it, then never did, and the people thinking it was settled moved on and didn't look back.

And it doesn't matter with the whales, in fact it's funnier if they ignore it. Still feel like we missed out on some comedy though.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Also though when Atxsperg and Nineace started posting Derek would appear, say "PM Me" and then the leaks stopped completely.

Bootcha's stories stopped completely after derek told him to PM him.

Ideate used to talk about personally meeting wingman and having discussions about the original investors and the project. Stopped completely when Derek scolded him in discord and told him to private chat him.

He has just been collecting anyone and everyone that actually knows anything at all and putting them under his direct supervision so that he can be the one to disseminate information. Except now people still don't know about the actual lawsuit that has been filed against CIG months after I found out, because I happened to see a message before Derek jumped all over the source.

I'd be way more forgiving of him inserting himself into the situation by collecting sources if he actually just loving said what they told him, but he just constantly tells everyone about all of this sweet information he has while telling nobody any of it. Had he not been here from the start at least 3-4 people would have continued giving us actual, relevant and funny information. All of that was completely eliminated though.

The constant threats of blowing the lid off of everything then delivering nothing got very old very fast.

Derek needs to deliver on the goods and take the lawsuit possibility like a man or shut the gently caress up.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Regarding: Mods/Derek: Do non-spregs even care? It's stupid to care.

GTA5 is fun and good, and with the new motorcycle gang businesses, it really feels like what SC so badly wanted to be. Sad really. When I get home I am going to grind out some upgrades to my various drug labs and scream when some troll blows up my coke laden helicopter.

Pictured: fidelity

Pictured: space helmet + Fidelious Landscape

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

alf_pogs posted:

man. another top 5 derek thread moment was his furious meltdown about us talking about the Ryan Archer Fiasco hahaha. also his countless ignored mod challenges

say what you want about the guys mod suitability, derek is a genuine character and i sincerely hope he comes to post again.

Nothing will ever top Leonard Skinley though

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Marching Powder posted:

it was cool how you posted your dog and 0 other content literally 2 posts after i posted that. seriously though, good job not following through on the tane thing. the only thing more pathetic than enforcing that especially when you read the first sentence of this post again is beer stepping in to probate me on your behalf. i did the thread a service beer. feel free to apologize in the written way or another ironic probation way that allows all the dorks in the thread to live vicariously through you as you punish The Bad Man

:allears:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Nothing will ever top Leonard Skinley though

derek suddenly having a contact involved in australian militory history records was a plot twist i never saw coming at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

alf_pogs posted:

What about doing interviews with that white supremacist. what was that all about

• Locked thread