Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!
George Broussard for mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D1E posted:

Derek sure was a hoot.

Do you mods maybe think you can ask Lowtax if he can invite some other crazy assholes with giant egos to guest moderate the rest of SA for a bit?

I think that could be good for a few laughs.

there should be a competing chris roberts-modded subforum on SA

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Mods, posters, please just watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ErrZ-ipoE

Let us be in harmony

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
hello
  • huge sigh of relief that star marine got up and running
  • internal build shown disabled cover and many features in order to ensure less crashes
  • still months away from being on live servers
  • Roberts thought 2 full alien races had already been created and ready for 2.6
  • minor round of leavers last Friday
  • "We're in the red, every month, consistently."
  • expenses, including royalties, "exceed €4m" a month
  • "[CIG] is a laughing stock. [Other developers] I run into always buy me a drink because they feel sorry for me. It's a small plus next to this huge negative."
  • "gently caress working through Thanksgiving."

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • internal build shown disabled cover and many features in order to ensure less crashes
  • "[CIG] is a laughing stock. [Other developers] I run into always buy me a drink because they feel sorry for me. It's a small plus next to this huge negative."

LOL.

So if the sale goes well they're funded through March 2017 or so?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Raskolnikov posted:

Regarding: Mods/Derek: Do non-spregs even care? It's stupid to care.

Just a hint. It is spelled spergs.

Why are you looking at me like that?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Two alien races? Maybe he thought two genders.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Kanye west's mansion of star citizen obsessed buffoonery > That's him on the stretcher.

I'm a let me finish

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TheAgent posted:

hello
loving love this game.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheAgent posted:

hello

Lol how much are they paying Amazon for Dumpy Space Clarkson?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TheAgent posted:

hello

As outlandish as this seems, given the reaction to his own game way back when he played it on livestream (total unfamiliarity, boggled at the chat system) I can't help but think this may actually be true. Given Roberts' nature, there would be a lot of pressure to keep him as in the dark as possible regarding actual progress; his reaction to anyone saying 'no' to him may actually have the effect of isolating him from the reality of progress as no-one wants to be the one to say 'it's not ready/working' to him..

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!
wait. royalties to who? and for what?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE SC THREAD IN MY BOOKMARKS. ITS THE THREAD OF WARLOCK DEREK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE POSTING ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN WARLORD, DEREK. I DO EVERY POST AND I DO EVERY POST HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN ON THE POST BUTTON OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP A SHITPOST. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY EXPOSED THE WORLDS GREATEST SCAM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN GBS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN GBS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE SHITPOSTING AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

peter gabriel posted:

Mods, posters, please just watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ErrZ-ipoE

Let us be in harmony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcDVH8DiBnM

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

wait. royalties to who? and for what?
I mentioned it before, it shouldn't surprise anyone

2.5 is a "substantial release" according to CIG and they are paying certain employees goal oriented bonuses already from its success

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

TheAgent posted:

hello

I for one, am sick of these lazy developers who aren't willing to put in the time and effort to bring Chris's vision to life. If they can't hack it at CIG, maybe they should just find a job in another industry because clearly they don't understand game holiday development.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Lol how much are they paying Amazon for Dumpy Space Clarkson?
0 like everything else their Taiwanese sweatshop steals

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TheAgent posted:

I mentioned it before, it shouldn't surprise anyone

2.5 is a "substantial release" according to CIG and they are paying certain employees goal oriented bonuses already from its success

2.5 is a "substantial release".

As is the first sloppy grogan after curry night.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

D1E posted:

To all you folks still bitching about Derek being demodded and not being able to admit he was in the wrong and pay his measly $10 to come back, maybe Beer and Beet can randomly quote posts and comment "This. All of it." and occasionally throw out Two Weeks as a timeline for anything CIG does or for their eventual destruction.

That would be exactly the same, right?

It would be an adequate surrogate if they also post links to major tom tweets.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Inkel posted:

I for one, am sick of these lazy developers who aren't willing to put in the time and effort to bring Chris's vision to life. If they can't hack it at CIG, maybe they should just find a job in another industry because clearly they don't understand game holiday development.
dude the loving person went off btw about how it's only viewed as an American holiday and everyone else is working so they should too

expect a tweet of a dark CIG LA or "even the best must rest!! Happy turkey day!!" on thanksgiving to show how awesome Chris is for giving people the day off

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jesus christ there's a thread on reddit right now talking about how they hope CIG makes this dumb Top Gear Car Spaceship Show a real event in game.

Dudes they promised you a showroom like two years ago.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Multi-gig updates
Every time
And all it wants to do is crash, crash
No semblance of gameplay
to the backers it's fine
And all it wants to do is crash

On my starliner, mixin' drinks
And all it wants to do is crash, crash
Chris said it'll be this year
What do you think?

Crazy carebears postin', with blood in their eyes
And all it wants to do is crash, crash, crash
Kamikaze goons who ain't afraid to die
And all it wants to do is
And take your cash

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Jesus christ there's a thread on reddit right now talking about how they hope CIG makes this dumb Top Gear Car Spaceship Show a real event in game.

So instead of "Grand Tour" they'll have "Grand Theft"?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

So it's basically just another Space Worm, where reddit goes off now for a couple weeks dreamcrafting how awesome this new showroom will be in the game. Chris will mention it in a video saying how the showroom will totally be in the game and all the amazing features it'll have that gamers have never seen before. Then in a month or two everyone will forget about it and it'll never manifest in the game in any real way.

e: New profession: bikini-clad security guard/space ship showgirl

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Inkel posted:

e: New profession: bikini-clad security guard/space ship showgirl

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5e66pb/so_how_can_i_make_all_my_ships_guards_female_with/

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D1E posted:

Also, whoever is probating Marching Powder is doing God's work. Next time maybe up that to a nice two week ban or something?

no

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

If noticing 5-6 people doing the same thing in two places is some kind of intricate, complicated and obsessive thing to you I'm sorry I guess?
that's not a "no"

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
did derek return?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Nellistos posted:

did derek return?

You could say, Derek is a person with a multitude of identities...

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Yes, but if I'm a pirate can I take his npc bikini guards captive and keep them in my rape dungeon?

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

notoriousman posted:

You could say, Derek is a person with a multitude of identities...

He better does return in his original warlord form, because attention-whore modding gets boring really fast.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

TheAgent posted:

hello

Your friend should get a refund in the form of a new job.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

TheAgent posted:

hello

ManofManyAliases posted:

You unequivocally are. You have 0 - zilch - nada proof that you are who you say you are. Not one picture, not one document. You likely read RSI, forums, reddit and other sources to take the best educated guess at something CIG is doing (as do I) and post your bullshit here. Man up and go take a loving photo with 'TheAgent' and today's date at RSI HQ (or your nutsack on Sandi's face), otherwise shut the gently caress up already.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

TheAgent posted:

hello

this is what the thread needs, I don't even care whether it's real or not.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I think its a bad idea to doxx people and send them death threats, write there names on walls, and throw objects at theire windows. You should stop doing that.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

D1E posted:

Derek sure was a hoot.

Do you mods maybe think you can ask Lowtax if he can invite some other crazy assholes with giant egos to guest moderate the rest of SA for a bit?

I think that could be good for a few laughs.

If I remember right EDM sensation Deadmau5 was a GBS mod for a while

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

TheAgent posted:

hello

dude come on give us the good stuff.... how did sandi like being on twitch fails? she's like more famouser now

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Nellistos posted:

did derek return?
derek ascended. he is a being of pure light unassailable by mortal concerns

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Derek has been refactored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Nellistos posted:

did derek return?

no....there was an E.L.E....but not where it was expected...

• Locked thread