Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I really like this mode. Got 4612 score first time since I used a low BST starting team and lost two units along the way.

Edit: I was rank 1 briefly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

The only type of unit my squad is really lacking is a red mage, the best I currently have is a -Spd Lilina. So, of course, I pull a -Atk Celica. At least I have something for bonus points now!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Being able to see the enemy team makes this much more manageable than I thought it would be.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

Being able to see the enemy team makes this much more manageable than I thought it would be.
And how.

I am also very thankful I have a good number of max-leveled green units because, boy-howdy, that's a lot of Reinhardts.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Check map button on the unit selection screen

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
got 4742 by leading with a no-inheritance team. Now that I have a completed run, I can experiment with how far I can push my score. Going too high means I'll run into nothing but meta teams which I definitely can't handle; the only way I got through this one is there were 3-4 teams I could underdeploy against safely. My +2 ATiki even soloed a map! (well I deployed a healer alongside her just in case but she could have soloed it)

e: the fact that you get the consumables by doing arena assault means that you can grind away at it with the hope of eventually getting the right combination of items that'll let you win. This is a really well designed piece of content in general imo

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

The hell? There's a team of three blues (including Rein) and a Hector. Ah well, Tobin's time to shine!

E: Tobin couldn't even get up to Hector, The Effie and Robin clogged the center area after I killed the Rein.

Akett fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 8, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
ya game i hated 4* boey enough what made you think i wanted 5* boey

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Lost 3 units, got 4579 points and now have one heal and two dancer items. Healing is going to be bad, given how Rocket Taggy Arena is but "One random ally that has already acted gets to move again" seems really really good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Stahl off the free pull. With the crazed rate they put out banners you should average a free 5* every month and a half or so I think

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I got a bad score because I lead with all my good units and picked beginner every time, but you get a bare minimum of 10 sacred coins per week so I'm not excessively fussed and/or invested in this new mode.

Also I got into tier 20 (with zero chance of staying in it) with a score of 4826 so anybody 60 or more points above me wasn't even close to not making it.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Sonya off the free pull, nice! -hp+res, that's not bad for her default setup I'd say.

Is she a +20 or 40 for the TT?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Got 4792 score for my second time which should be alright.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

Check map button on the unit selection screen
Not quite what I meant but helpful advice nevertheless!

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Got a free Sonya via pull, but she's +HP, -Spd.
Any real difference between her and my +Def, -Spd Julia?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Shinji117 posted:

Got a free Sonya via pull, but she's +HP, -Spd.
Any real difference between her and my +Def, -Spd Julia?

They're very similar units. Use the one you like more.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

They're very similar units. Use the one you like more.

Use both since both are Rein counters for arena assault

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Seriously, Rein counters are worth their weight in gold in arena assault.

On my 4792 run I fought 5 reins (and a single Olwen) in 7 matches.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Got a *4 MCorrin off the free roll, and like the two *5 MCorrins I already had, he's -ATK. If I ever get a MCorrin with good IVs I'm using that fucker out of sheer spite.

Edit: Arena Assault makes me glad I have Julia, Nino and Sonya fully built. Also have a *5 Soren I could give some skills.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Looking at those top scoring player's builds are crazy, I'm just hoping to get in that lowest bracket. Hopefully whatever coins are spent on doesn't cost more than a months worth. I guess the strat is to farm items with low level groups and eventually go big?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm assuming that arena assault rankings will mostly stabilize after about 48 hours since people who want to do it will mostly be doing it right away, whereas with normal arena even a dedicated player might not get their deathless run until late in the week

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I am going to punch whoever made the boat map in their stupid loving face.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Roger Explosion posted:

I am going to punch whoever made the boat map in their stupid loving face.

the boat map can stay but it should delete your account if you use a horse team on defense during a season when it's up

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 8, 2017

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

cheetah7071 posted:

the boat map can stay but it should delete your account if you use a horse team on defense during a season when its up
It can stay as long as if doesn't pop up twice and/or as the last map. Like it's been doing to me for the last 4 attempts at Arena Assault. :shepicide:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I need to train Soren.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I need to train Soren.

Same.

Sheena turned out to be really useful by the way.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If I end up deciding I need another Reinhardt killer I'm gonna use Fae I think

Gotta have all my dragons ready for when dragon emblem finally exists

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I want 7 Rein killers

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

Same.

Sheena turned out to be really useful by the way.
Good to hear! I've actually been breaking her away from my Armour team because defensive-tile baiting is just that funny/effective.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Good to hear! I've actually been breaking her away from my Armour team because defensive-tile baiting is just that funny/effective.

That's pretty much what I did. Planted her on a defensive tile where she killed three units of different colors alone.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
The gently caress are with the rates in the free pull? I got a random 5* Celica in my throwaway account (which is starting to get filled with way better units than my main account).

main account got a Sully. Goddamn, please let me have units that are new.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Aug 8, 2017

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

The summer banner has broken me. 100+ orbs and no flower dragon, just endless Ests.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Fae is another unit I'm thinking about building, but mine is +ATK/-SPD which makes me wonder if I'm better off putting TA3 on her because she's getting doubled by everything anyway. We really need Hone Dragons for all these slow dragons.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh so it's finally paying off that I have nino, sonya, soren, and summet elise. I just need to pull a julia off the hero banner to complete the collection

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

After a few failed tries I got a 4830 score in the new arena. Almost ruined my deathless streak on the last map by miscalculating how far the enemy could move with Sing, but thankfully Bride Caeda with her default tome hits like a wet noodle.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't like the new arena because my barracks are just filled with lovely swords.

Maybe I should just train all the cavalries.

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't like the new arena because my barracks are just filled with lovely swords.

Same. I get to the last map and think "time to pull out my second-best sword, since I already used Xander," survey my theoretically plentiful options, and realize Alfonse is the clear winner.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Wait I need 28 level 40s for the new arena?

Jesus christ I only have 16.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I got Roy off my free pull. Which is funny since I didn't get him in the Roy focus banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Wait I need 28 level 40s for the new arena?

Jesus christ I only have 16.

and you can't use two effie or whatever. Yeah, I have 28 individual heroes all ready and fully kited, totally.