Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

I don't know about you, but japanese fantasy art for this is the best, Akira gremlin Tyrion, animu knightsu Jon Tsunoo, and sekushii mcmanga Cersei all own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Robbuh-kun is so kawaiiiiii~~~ :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot

Oberst posted:

As much as I'd love for Benjen to be Coldhands, he's probably not. We'll never see him again just like the other weird stuff from early in GoT (Tyrion's acrobatics) because GURM forgot

he needs a more spergy editor

also - someone pointed out Bloodraven warging into things in the North. So that's who the guy in the tree is? I can accept it, but why? The more the series goes on, the more important the Targaryans become.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Every time my hate starts to waver, I just think "Oh hey, Terry Pratchett is dying of Alzheimer's Disease and still manages to write" and my hate is born anew.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Hearing GURM say on Conan that TWOW was going to be 1500 pages made me cry.

Luckily then he said that the show has him writing really fast now so I got a good laugh.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Does he mean 1500 pages of Manuscript or Holy poo poo in published form this is longer then Lord of the Rings?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

stawk Archer posted:

he needs an editor

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Jota posted:

Luckily then he said that the show has him writing really fast now so I got a good laugh.
Hey now, it probably is much faster than he wrote AFFC/ADWD.

v Benjen knows Jon's true heritage because he fathered Jon through Ashara Dayne. Lyanna's son was Hodor.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jun 6, 2013

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Contra Calculus posted:

I don't remember Benjen being described similarly to Cold Hands in appearance, but all corpses probably look a lot alike after a while.

My actual guess is that Gurm completely forgot Benjen ever existed after the second half of ACOK.

yeah see, we keep waiting to find Benjen, so when some mystery dude shows up in a black cloak... you assume he might have to do with the missing dued.. but.. man... gently caress GRRM. I need some closure on Benjen! I always assumed he knew the truth about Jon.

Speaking of GRRM - I used to get angry because he is doing all this editing and writing for other books.. but i guess I just realized, he isn't doing poo poo. There is no way in hell he is editing books, they just slap his name on the book, and pay him some money. Can't believe it took me this long to figure this out.

rypakal posted:

I'm doing my first re-read of the series, and my first non-audiobook reading. Came across an early question. How is Robert going to make Jamie Warden of the East if Jamie is in the Kingsguard? Is he going to kick him out? That seemed like a really shameful thing when they did it Barristan

just an internal inconsistency, nothing to see here. move along. ( Tyrion backflips off the railing )

kcroy fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jun 6, 2013

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Jota posted:

I'm actually glad he said that, it gives me hope that TWOW will be out before the show catches up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oberst posted:

As much as I'd love for Benjen to be Coldhands, he's probably not. We'll never see him again just like the other weird stuff from early in GoT (Tyrion's acrobatics) because GURM forgot

Tyrion's acrobatics returned a little in ADWD, not to the extent of flipping around, probably because someone reminded him about them.

Other than the huge points, I don't see the TV show discounting much of the unwritten stuff GRRM will do with the show. He seems to strike me as the kind of person that will change things to differentiate from the adaptation.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Theres a theory somewhere online that Benjen is ~*~Daario~*~, I chuckled.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Timeline reminder:

Benjen disappears.

Syrio Forel disappears.

Jaqen H'ghar disappears.

Daario~ woos Dany.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Smiling Jack posted:

Every time my hate starts to waver, I just think "Oh hey, Terry Pratchett is dying of Alzheimer's Disease and still manages to write" and my hate is born anew.

Goddamn it, don't bring Terry into this you prick :smith:

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Azure_Horizon posted:

I'm actually glad he said that, it gives me hope that TWOW will be out before the show catches up.

Meanwhile, back at the wall....

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

rypakal posted:

I'm doing my first re-read of the series, and my first non-audiobook reading. Came across an early question. How is Robert going to make Jamie Warden of the East if Jamie is in the Kingsguard? Is he going to kick him out? That seemed like a really shameful thing when they did it Barristan

It's just a military position which doesn't seem to require a landed title or anything, despite traditionally being associated with the Arryns.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Jota posted:

Jesus Christ, no. :qq: Goddamn your eyes, GRRM, edit for succinctness you bastard!

It's expanded to be a septology already and he's still somehow making books big enough they would have been split into three books by publishered not too long ago. That fucker, what the hell is there to even write at this point...

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

That fucker, what the hell is there to even write at this point...

Clearly, you don't even understand how much there is to say about lemoncakes and making GBS threads yourself.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Jota posted:

I don't mind as long as stuff actually happens, I mean what a loving concept you fat haughty piece of poo poo. I'm so tired of that vainglorious rear end in a top hat going on about what a great writer he is for killing characters when he only does it out of laziness, and no one buys into his bullshit when he randomly does stab someone anymore because we all know just how loving lazy this man is

At least finally someone called him a sick bastard to his face.

nuncle jimbo fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 6, 2013

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

nuncle jimbo posted:

At least finally someone called him a sick bastard to his face.

Go on :allears:

Just picked up the 3rd Expanse book to be released since ADWD, at least Ty Franck* can finish a book.

*It actually says he is Gurm's assistant, but alas, not somebody who the fat sicko takes any assistance from.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Clearly, you don't even understand how much there is to say about lemoncakes and making GBS threads yourself.

Dat prose.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Huh. I actually kinda dig this interpretation of Cersei.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012
1,500 pages? Maybe he could just split this one into two book-- oh poo poo.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

poo poo writes itself now. 1500 page book? Pshaw! 700 pages of that is food descriptions. 200 more is just repeated phrases and sexy chat, and then the rest is some disconnected, lazy plot movements. Easy as lemoncakes.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

But at the same time, it remains to be seen. I remember when season two rolled around and the Reed kids weren't cast or announced at all, we all went "well, guess Jojen's green dreams don't mean gently caress all, eh?" but now they're in the show. So some of it is for sure GRRM saying certain people don't go anywhere, but part of it also is just them being efficent writers.

You have a point there. But it looks like the show runners are fiddling with the time line for the purpose of ironing things out. And we still don't have Strong Belwas :smith:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
There's going to be at least one chapter that's just the word "lemoncake" repeated over and over.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Several chapters will be Sansa Alayne having a dream about a city in another land where a sickness left the survivors with either great boons or dire curses. One man will be a great blue sea cow, his tabard a print of tropical scenes. Another man will have a superpower to rape, which will seem rather commonplace to her mind's eye.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

So if writing's so easy, how's A Clash of Kinks coming? :colbert:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Timeline reminder:

Benjen disappears.

Syrio Forel disappears.

Jaqen H'ghar disappears.

Daario~ woos Dany.

Ric Flair should woo Dany.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

my cat is norris posted:

I can only write what I know so I'm still looking for a snowed-out vampire to inspire me.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

my cat is norris posted:

Huh. I actually kinda dig this interpretation of Cersei.

Wait, that's not Melisandrarararrrrlhor?

FrozenVent posted:

There's going to be at least one chapter that's just the word "lemoncake" repeated over and over.

Do not discount the use of the word "Hodor", either.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

my cat is norris posted:

I am hard at work not-writing my chapter.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
All I want out of TWOW is either a Jaime and Brienne shameful sex scene or at least several more shameful boners. That's about the only plot point I'm interested in at this point.

Zombie Jon can go all Fantasy Jesus (tm) on the Others while continuing to know nothing and doinking the MILF priestess, Dany can come over and burn down Westeros while getting head from Daario, Bran can also be super tree mechazord or whatever, Cat and Arya can go all Kill Bill on the Freys and Boltons, and Tyrion can continue being a big loving goon babbling about where crossbow thrums and whores go.

I just want more Jaime feeling shame and arousal, dammit! Is that too much to ask?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What he means is he's going to write 40 pages in size 100 font.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Odds on Jaime dying in the beginning of TWOW? It seems inevitable with Brienne dragging him along to catch up with Catelyn.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
http://www.avclub.com/articles/nikolaj-costerwaldau-aka-jaime-lannister-talks-his,98673/

Interview with Coster-Waldau

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Odds on Jaime dying in the beginning of TWOW? It seems inevitable with Brienne dragging him along to catch up with Catelyn.

Then a shameful boner while doing the hanged man's dance at least? Christ, even that would satisfy me.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Worst thread is melting down again. Someone foreshadowed that "The North Remembers" after the Red Wedding. :ohdear:

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Is TVIV capable of doing anything else aside from melting down? That's been my entire experience with them from the beginning.

gently caress, at least GBS has some loving threshold for dipshittery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

The Dave posted:

Is this the first television show to follow a series of books? I just haven't encountered this situation before in my experience with shows, and it does get a annoying here and there. Beating a dead horse but a good chunk of book readers are on a high horse about knowing what happens. None of the show watchers give a poo poo when something happens in a book or how it's different in a book, and if they do they'll search that out.

clearly.