Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Apparently this is what it takes to get a win in the T-10. M103 I can casually eek out a 51% winrate, but this is a miserable 44% despite racking up bullshit damage in it.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2964639?secret=a0bc01affbe3526160d6fda0aa903110

The dead Lowe and Tiger II camped in the most useless position for most of the match, then as me and the T110e5 desperately berated them to use their HP to spot for our arty/183/us who were all one-shots they finally pushed forward and allowed us to punish their TDs. Even that they did poorly because they didn't use cover so they died almost immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Barry posted:

Holy poo poo the DB2 is absolutely awful

What the gently caress's a DB2? The DW2, the tier 4 German heavy? Load APCR, because its one advantage is having 130 APCR pen while never seeing above tier 5. 67 pen is bad, 130 pen is great and allows you to just angle 45 degrees and hold left click on tier 3s and other tier 4s and DPM them down.

Shooting all APCR is kind of expensive given the rate of fire, but it's worth it. Consider it trading credits for fun and XP. It is a good trade.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 18, 2016

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Or just drive a Matilda instead

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Nordick posted:

Or just drive a Matilda instead

Can't do that on the NA server, you'll get into far too many tier 6 battles.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Hellsau posted:

What the gently caress's a DB2? The DW2, the tier 4 German heavy? Load APCR, because it's one advantage is having 130 APCR pen while never seeing above tier 5. 67 pen is bad, 130 pen is great and allows you to just angle 45 degrees and hold left click on tier 3s and other tier 4s and DPM them down.

Shooting all APCR is kind of expensive given the rate of fire, but it's worth it. Consider it trading credits for fun and XP. It is a good trade.

Yeah, sorry DW2. Was never able to pen anything and it was super frustrating. That was incredibly good advice:

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
My 12,001st battle :shepicide: ... which I completed soon after getting a pop up congratulating my on 6,000 wins. Me and a Panther 8.8 murdered everyone after most of our team died.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Barry posted:

Yeah, sorry DW2. Was never able to pen anything and it was super frustrating. That was incredibly good advice:

Yeah I'm full of good advice. Preferential matchmaking makes some really bad tanks actually tolerable if they're actually able to output damage. Even the B1, as bad as it is, can contribute in most games, and it doesn't get 130 pen APCR.

Those 5CM APCR rounds are loving expensive if you have a good game, though.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Affording gold is what the IS-6 is for (which also uses gold)

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Control Volume posted:

Affording gold is what the KV-5 is for (which also uses gold)

Better.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Theyre both a similar amount of amazing armored bullshit tbf

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
They both got buffed for no reason too.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
No reason, my rear end. I'll bet within a month they'll be announcing the in-store retirement of both the IS-6 and 112.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
About how much gold does the 112 cost? About 9k gold, i.e. about $40.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

BIG HEADLINE posted:

No reason, my rear end. I'll bet within a month they'll be announcing the in-store retirement of both the IS-6 and 112.
The 112 was removed in patch 9.15 (source - http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:Ch23_112)

thylacine posted:

My 12,001st battle :shepicide: ... which I completed soon after getting a pop up congratulating my on 6,000 wins. Me and a Panther 8.8 murdered everyone after most of our team died.

Sup same day Tiger 1 Ace buddy!

Except mine was my 4700 odd battle and I'm pretty sure it was a mistake :ohdear:

Edit - What's the yellow stripe ribbon mean? Possibilities "Noob lol", "Only kidding, you suck!", "Camping chicken"

Cartoon fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 18, 2016

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I think that's a sort of "personal record" thing, when you get the first Ace.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Steelion posted:

I think that's a sort of "personal record" thing, when you get the first Ace.
So 'Lol Noob' after all?

Even better! Because it's wargaming, it's a bug:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/07/07/yellow-ribbon-riddle/

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Control Volume posted:

Theyre both a similar amount of amazing armored bullshit tbf

Played both of them tonight, the 2nd night of tanks I've played in over 2 years. In the IS-6 game, I actually carried pretty good, nothing amazing, but solid game, and got the win for our team as one of the last two survivors and the only one in position to kill the bad guy in our spawn at the end. Steel wall, 3 kills, 5k damage in a T8 game. Then I played the KV-5, killed a T6 heavy, and then got torn to shreds and bounced pretty much nothing in the process and lost.

For my third and final game, jumped into the T34-85 Rudy, and forgot it doesn't have 6th sense, killed a Dicker Max then got shredded by some French arty that can apparently fire faster than my terrible crew can repair tracks. Game was still a victory though as I had about half the enemy team lit up before I died and my team actually took good advantage of that which was pretty shocking. So, 66%, seems like a good time to call it a night.

Pretty sure I don't have any marathon gaming nights in me any more unless I'm platooned up which is much more fun, but probably less so for my platoon mates.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
No one was buying the 112 so now that they've removed it they're buffing it to hell. Now people who have one will play them and dominate, then in a few months they'll find an excuse for a Chinese themed weekend event (they've done Chinese new year before but I doubt they'll wait that long) and they'll make it available for real money.

They buffed the KV-5 because they'd been doing that for years and the population that was willing to buy a KV-5 for real money dried up. The buff attracts more buyers for this "rare tank" that's only available every other weekend.

The IS-6 buff was because they hate their game and hate their players and wanted no one in t6, 7, or 8 to have any fun. It's not like they play their own game, so they don't even feel the downsides.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
To be fair, the 112 needed a buff. It was basically pointless to buy or play.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

It was basically pointless to buy or play.

only because the is-6 is overpowered

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Even in isolation I don't think it is/was much good. No side armour, massive weak lower plate, clunky gun, burns at the drop of a hat, trainer for Chinese tanks which are pretty niche. I kind of which they made the lower plate a bit less terrible and used the 100mm gun the 110 can use. Or maybe the 111 should have had the 100mm. It's weird we have both the 112 and the 111 being almost the same but for front plate shape.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Hellsau/Big Headline/Desuwa/etc. are there any clans that are not insufferable that will take someone with my poo poo stats (~2k ovr / ~2550 recent): http://wotlabs.net/na/player/compeanansi

I don't want to be in an anime clan, but I am seriously considering apping SHOJO or SNPAI since they seem to be the most active clans in strongholds that have good ratings. Maybe THUGZ or CLAWS would be more tolerable? I've lost track of who's who in the post-PBKAC world. I will note that I'm more interested in having credit boosts and grinding silver in strongholds than being super active in clan wars.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

CitizenKain posted:

My tank balance dreams, this is assuming +1/-1 doesn't happen. Although I wouldn't mind these even with +1/-1.

- Snap-shot meta goes away. Some others in here posted about having your aiming circle actually be a donut shape, shots could land in the ring only, so only having time to aim would ensure shots would be accurate. Lucky snap shots could still happen but they'd be rare.
- Everyone gets more health at lower tiers, with the amount decreasing as tier increases. This would start at tier 2. Early games are a goddamn mess since everyone dies so fast. Even more so if there is a Cruiser that can one-clip a tank or something with a howitzer that bloops some poor bastard. The health would be enough that being one-shot by a KV-2/O-I is a thing of the past. Being one shot isn't fun. Especially if someone manages to MLG360noscope a person with a KV-2 at 500 yards.
- Ammo is increased, with more health tanks will need it. I'd almost make a case for ammo being infinite, your ammo costs only what you shoot at the end of a match. This doesn't apply to gold ammo at all.
- Gold ammo is now on a timer, you can use it to make a shot count, but then there is a timer before you can fire another. This would be longer then the reload on a tank, so you couldn't just spam it. I think this could make it so you could still damage a heavily armored tank from the front or angled, but not enough you wouldn't have to flank.
- The SPG stunning mechanic seems ok, that can stay.
- Repair/medikits are now also on a timer. You can fix your treads at a bad moment, and fix a damaged ammo rack later on.
- Smoke launchers on tanks. Even Advanced Warfare figured this poo poo out, lets make it happen.

Some of these are probably bad, but I'd like to see them try something.

I'd be OK with a rebalance of MM, and I'm one of the dudes talking about toroid-shaped dispersion patterns.

I think you're on to something regarding HP changes; I haven't fleshed it out yet, but I'm thinking they could do something like have variable HP depending on tiering, so if for example you're bottom tier your tank gets an HP bonus to stay competitive. That way they wouldn't have to change anything crazy like pen or armor values on the fly, bottom tiers have the potential to be a little more competitive, and of course there's more HP to go around so players on both sides should be happy.

Ammo & consumables could totally be à la carte; you have a supply limited only by your credits, so for example you have the option of repairing your tracks multiple times per battle if you think you can afford it, and I'm also fine with shitbergs going broke from unnecessarily spamming glods. There would have to be something to ensure you have enough credits for the battle; maybe you'd still set & pay for the initial equipment/ammo loadout and then if you went broke in the middle of a battle you would be down to your remaining supply in the tank.

Salean posted:

Logged into tanks today

Story checks out. The question is, did you troll this guy previously or just get that as a random PM? :stare:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
WoT Blitz is offering me a Somua if I come back, is it any good?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
TACAM T-60

Queue: L-60

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
Christie Combat Car T1 and Convertible Medium Tank T3
M3A1
Combat Car T4
Medium Tank T1E1 NEW

:britain:
Medium Tank Mk.II

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
T-55
HTZ-16
Wartime modifications of the T-37 and T-38 NEW

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR

:japan:
SR tanks
Type 95

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40

:godwin:
PzI Ausf. B NEW
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzIII Ausf. A
PzIII Ausf. B through D
PzIV Ausf. A through C
Renault R35 in German service
37 mm Pak

Ensign Expendable fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 21, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

Hellsau/Big Headline/Desuwa/etc. are there any clans that are not insufferable that will take someone with my poo poo stats (~2k ovr / ~2550 recent)

11_AD really want me to join them. I haven't taken them up on their offer. As far as I can tell, there aren't any non-anime, non-insufferable clans that are really active. One of my friends joined SEGA and tried to get me to join them. I sent them the screenshots of the clan commander calling his clanmates 'phaggots' in allchat and another SEGA player calling someone a 'porch monkey'. The clan commander said that was an isolated incident and my friend was like ok, just cool it with that poo poo. The next day I got a message saying that SEGA were a bunch of racist shits, and to come do strongholds with VILIN.

What I'm saying is WoT clans are full of human garbage, so good luck. Don't join SIMP, RELIC, SEGA, any of the anime clans, any of the FORGE clans....that's all the glaringly bad ones off the top of my head.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Convoy is... fun ? It really eludes me how WG could make something fun tho

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

WitchFetish posted:

Convoy is... fun ? It really eludes me how WG could make something fun tho

Convoy is fun driving around really fast, doing sick stunts, and holding leftclick with the autoaim mod. As a game mode, it's loving terrible. There is no reason for the bombs and repair packs to be randomly placed, because if the MK1 is in the southwest and the bomb spawns near the southeast defender's spawn, whoops the attacking team cannot win! If the MK1 gets tracked and the repair pack spawns next to the northwest attacker's base, whoops the defending team cannot win!

It's really dumb and I wish it was just a racing mode - go long distances for points, do sick stunts for bonus points, destroy enemy tanks to reduce their points, etc.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

please

it's probably the best (least bad?) tank ever produced in Sweden

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Hellsau posted:

What I'm saying is WoT clans are full of human garbage, so good luck. Don't join SIMP, RELIC, SEGA, any of the anime clans, any of the FORGE clans....that's all the glaringly bad ones off the top of my head.

Yeah it looks like THUGZ might be my best bet then.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

So, for the T-44-100 mission, I'm realizing that in order to get any discount at all over buying it outright ($59) you have to complete TWO of the nations in-game; one gets you no discount whatsoever because gently caress you that's why. Each of the nations costs $9 individually, and it wouldn't make sense to buy 7 or 8 individually ($63 or $72), so you HAVE to have 2 completed to just buy the remaining 6 for $54. Thanks, Wargaming! :fuckoff:

Ensign Expendable posted:

WoT Blitz is offering me a Somua if I come back, is it any good?

I don't know, but they're also selling fake animu tanks in Blitz because why the gently caress not? :v:

http://wotblitz.com/en/news/pc-browser/Premium-Shop/valkyria-bundles/

Hellsau posted:

11_AD really want me to join them. I haven't taken them up on their offer. As far as I can tell, there aren't any non-anime, non-insufferable clans that are really active. One of my friends joined SEGA and tried to get me to join them. I sent them the screenshots of the clan commander calling his clanmates 'phaggots' in allchat and another SEGA player calling someone a 'porch monkey'. The clan commander said that was an isolated incident and my friend was like ok, just cool it with that poo poo. The next day I got a message saying that SEGA were a bunch of racist shits, and to come do strongholds with VILIN.

PANSY is recruiting! Join WoT's premiere LGBTQ clan.... :eng99:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Atomizer posted:

So, for the T-44-100 mission, I'm realizing that in order to get any discount at all over buying it outright ($59) you have to complete TWO of the nations in-game; one gets you no discount whatsoever because gently caress you that's why. Each of the nations costs $9 individually, and it wouldn't make sense to buy 7 or 8 individually ($63 or $72), so you HAVE to have 2 completed to just buy the remaining 6 for $54. Thanks, Wargaming! :fuckoff:

I figure on getting three or four nations done.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

TheFluff posted:

please

it's probably the best (least bad?) tank ever produced in Sweden

It stayed in service longer than the 103!

(not with Sweden but still)

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

The actual key to fixing WoT is +0/-0 which would indeed require a total rebalance and the NA server would need to be merged and most likely the maps would need to be redesigned to be able to handle potential 7v7 or 10v10 matches, but whatever. +1/-1 would at least reduce the amount of wasted games, and increase the net amount of fun in World of Tanks, and also would allow Wargaming to try balancing poo poo for once.

I'm amazed they have held onto the NA West/East split for so long. The ping times are so similar that it shouldn't even be a factor. They should have some internal MM that maybe tries to pit same pings against each other, but that would only be a "that would be nice, but not at all required if we can't get a 15 v 15 game scheduled" code. Also, maybe introduce 10 v 10 games as an option for the MM if it can't quickly put together a 15 v 15. I would rather play against 10 +/-1 tanks than being a teir 8 medium against a bunch of t10 heavies just so they could fill out a 15 v 15.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

TracerM17 posted:

I'm amazed they have held onto the NA West/East split for so long. The ping times are so similar that it shouldn't even be a factor. They should have some internal MM that maybe tries to pit same pings against each other, but that would only be a "that would be nice, but not at all required if we can't get a 15 v 15 game scheduled" code. Also, maybe introduce 10 v 10 games as an option for the MM if it can't quickly put together a 15 v 15. I would rather play against 10 +/-1 tanks than being a teir 8 medium against a bunch of t10 heavies just so they could fill out a 15 v 15.

For me it isn't the ping to NA East, it's the packet loss. gently caress Telia.net forever.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

TracerM17 posted:

But none of those things would gently caress the playerbase in the rear end, so they're not going to implement any of them. :colbert:

PostEldar
May 7, 2004

I'm in your area.
I have never played this game, but this thread title is genius.

PostEldar fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 27, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CompeAnansi posted:

Hellsau/Big Headline/Desuwa/etc. are there any clans that are not insufferable that will take someone with my poo poo stats (~2k ovr / ~2550 recent): http://wotlabs.net/na/player/compeanansi

I don't want to be in an anime clan, but I am seriously considering apping SHOJO or SNPAI since they seem to be the most active clans in strongholds that have good ratings. Maybe THUGZ or CLAWS would be more tolerable? I've lost track of who's who in the post-PBKAC world. I will note that I'm more interested in having credit boosts and grinding silver in strongholds than being super active in clan wars.

http://wotcs.com/clans.php?region=2 (maybe out of date - the site's owner claims death-by-apathy at the top of the page)

Given that someone said 'SIMP is poo poo now' about two pages ago...

...honestly outside of campaigns, which are fixed between the highest ranked clans and enable the best shitlers even in middling clans to earn enough FP to *probably* get the tank. I don't know. I haven't played competitively since Gayradios decided to kick all of the inactive/pessimistic (raises his hand) goons he could out of PBKAC in a putsch before the clan went to poo poo anyway.

Also keep in mind that 'Top 10' list is merely ranked on player stats - not necessarily participation.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 19, 2016

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lmao just got hate mail from someone for calling them "mad cuz bad", only I had a chat history with them because of the exact same thing a couple weeks ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Darkrenown posted:

To be fair, the 112 needed a buff. It was basically pointless to buy or play.

Strongly Disagree