Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
When I throw my controller I throw it up, gently, then catch it again. Sometimes I toss it into a couch pillow when I'm really steamed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

RBA Starblade continues to have completely unbelievable misadventures, in the literal sense, that are pretty much impossible to replicate or verify in any substantial way.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i just figured the liberty bell was for babies because before my hands grazed it, there was no crack :v:

Wandle Cax posted:

I recently flung my DS4 at the wall and it left a dent but the controller was fine

i guess you better replace that dented wall, with an og duke xbox controller!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
My way of Getting Mad @ Video Games is usually a Sideshow Bob-esque mutter.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
When I get mad at video games I just smash dat PS button and crash back to front end so I can put on Netflix.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I complain to myself and then quit to go listen to music or something if I get really frustrated

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i slap my thigh

after like 2 thigh slaps i turn the game off and play something else

life is too short to get mad at video games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Matterfall is good but nex machina is better

Both are just different genre takes on resogun so both are very good

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

Matterfall is good but nex machina is better
i felt this one from the trailer. my instincts are amazing

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Awesome! posted:

i slap my thigh

I just say 'what the gently caress' a lot.

A lot.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

one of my old roommates used to get super loving mad while playing sports games and the chords on his neck would stick out and he'd scream "they're not that good and we're not that bad!"

me and my other roommate used to antagonize him a lot and we're probably lucky to be alive

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I can't even remember the last time I got legitimately angry at a video game

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Sometimes I turn the game off before I finish the level

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i can. this is actually kind of funny due to me being really bad at games.

i was probably like an hour into ori and the blind forest and first encountered this timed death beam platforming section where you just had to drop down a couple times and then run and jump and wall hug in between beam shots. should have been really easy. somehow i could not get the wall grab part for the life of me. probably died 20 times in that tiny 15 second section and said "nope gently caress this" and immediately uninstalled it.

i will probably try it again after i finish hollow knight

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

With so much good stuff out why the gently caress am I playing Ghost Recon Wildlands solo?

I mean I never got to the second areas of MGSV or Witcher 3. And I am plodding through poo poo mission after poo poo mission in I-can't-believe-its-not-Bolivia.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I refuse to get mad at video games after getting outraged during league of legends matches. Something about that game brings out the worst in me. Anyways if I get frustrated during a game I'll just quit because life is too short to get mad at video games.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

rabidsquid posted:

one of my old roommates used to get super loving mad while playing sports games and the chords on his neck would stick out and he'd scream "they're not that good and we're not that bad!"

I loving love this. This is my dad watching sport.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Awesome! posted:

i slap my thigh

same

it's a good way to see if I can still feel pain

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ultimate Mango posted:

I mean I never got to the second areas of MGSV or Witcher 3. And I am plodding through poo poo mission after poo poo mission in I-can't-believe-its-not-Bolivia.

It's okay, those games are boooorrrrrrringggggggggg

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beat another matterfall world and i like it more. First world has bad music/ generic look but the boss is great and all of world 2 is amazing.

The game is very resogun meets megaman good purchase

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I broke a ds4 after taking a boss in bloodborne down to like 1% health and then getting stunlocked. Felt like a dumbass but man I was mad

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Macarius Wrench posted:

I broke a ds4 after taking a boss in bloodborne down to like 1% health and then getting stunlocked. Felt like a dumbass but man I was mad

You have to want it, dude. You have to WANT it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

RBA Starblade continues to have completely unbelievable misadventures, in the literal sense, that are pretty much impossible to replicate or verify in any substantial way.

I can take a picture if you want but it's just the top half in at the seam some, enough to screw with the workings I guess :v:

quote:

That's when you drop any pretense of skill and shoot the gun until you hear clicks.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Aug 15, 2017

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Matterfall is fun so far but these controls, especially the R1 jump, are loving with me. It feels very clumsy and not nearly as tight as Nex Machina. I'm sure it will feel better when I get used to it but there's a much higher learning curve to this game.

oh and the load times are terrible

nachos fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Aug 15, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Get a pull-up bar or kick bag or do push-ups, channel that frustration into something productive

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

When I throw my controller I throw it up, gently, then catch it again. Sometimes I toss it into a couch pillow when I'm really steamed.

haha yes I do this too. The most softcore rage throw

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I'm glad I don't get mad anymore at videogames.
I stop playing when I stop having fun. I broke a Dualshock 2 controller after playing ffx-2 and I couldn't do one of those simon says puzzles. Made me really reflect. was it worth it?

Then again Drakengard 3 really came close to killing a controller. The final boss is so bullshit

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I haven't gotten really mad at video games since I used to bite NES controllers as a child. I would sometimes spin SNES controllers around by the wire in bored frustration, but stopped when I realized that was damaging them.

Nowadays when I get mad, I, uh, well, keep playing. In my mind if I stop playing, I'll get out of that 'flow' state and lose whatever muscle memory I've been building up, so I just power through.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Don't throw your controllers you loving toddlers lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

To change the subject a bit I think the absolute best thing about Just Cause 3 is they learned the most important lesson from JC2: It's fun to blow up the military targets, but it's a lot more fun to blow everything up. And besides houses you can do that now. I set some booster charges on a wind turbine just to see what would happen then got to run away from the shrapnel. :v:

e: I just drove a tractor through a battlefield so I could arm the revolution with it.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 15, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

How to get mad: https://clips.twitch.tv/JazzyWanderingWheelWow

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Norns posted:

Don't throw your controllers you loving toddlers lmao

I've gotta show the console how strong and dominant I am though?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I screamed into a pillow once after getting really frustrated with video game but then my life started getting filled with actual tragedies and heartache so now I'm a hollow shell who can either press through frustrating situations or just put the game on pause while I eat a sandwich or something.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Whenever I get mad at video games, I turn them off and drink some beer

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I usually find it very difficult to get mad at videogames because normally I've already some weed.

Alcohol ruins the gaming experience for me unless its a bunch of friends playing a tekken tournament or similar.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

e: I just drove a tractor through a battlefield so I could arm the revolution with it.

The tractor now has nitro boosters holy poo poo

Limited beacons sucks though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nachos posted:

Matterfall is fun so far but these controls, especially the R1 jump, are loving with me. It feels very clumsy and not nearly as tight as Nex Machina. I'm sure it will feel better when I get used to it but there's a much higher learning curve to this game.

oh and the load times are terrible

For sure. Having up+strike and jump both jump is kinda weird too. I do the wrong one all the time.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Policenaut posted:

or like in The Witcher 3 where you can swipe in various directions to bring up the map, the inventory screen, and so on.

Holy poo poo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Until Dawn made good use of touchpad gimmicks and I'm always disappointed that most games don't try to do more, probably because they wanna lazyport them to other platforms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I got real mad the other day. My wife and I are slowly making our way through Persona 5 (which is real, real good). I got very close to a safe room when I was ambushed by a bunch of monsters and died. I hadn't saved in a while and we had made some good progress. I shut the game off. I got too frustrated.