Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Didn't DC have a baby Darkseid not too long ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gann Jerrod posted:

I really want to post the ending of Cosmic Ghost Rider #2 because it’s so good, but I’ll just post this teaser:

Intrigued
I read

But excuse me
Concerning the events directly after this

What
WHAT
WWHHAAAAAAT
HOWARD THE DUCKERNAUT?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gann Jerrod posted:

I really want to post the ending of Cosmic Ghost Rider #2 because it’s so good, but I’ll just post this teaser:

That is a fantastic sentence. Who’s it being told to? Frank? Actually what IS the worst choice ever?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Presumably not killing Thanos while he was a baby.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That is a fantastic sentence. Who’s it being told to? Frank? Actually what IS the worst choice ever?

Frank Castle trying to go back in time to abduct and raise baby Thanos so he won't turn into the monster we know him as.

X-O fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 2, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

X-O posted:

Frank Castle trying to go back in time to abduct and raise baby Thanos so he won't turn into the monster we know him as.

Punisher raising Thanos cannot possibly go wrong.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ah, the evil baby orphanage scheme.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Can't be worse than Cable raising Hope, and that turned out okay

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

howe_sam posted:

Can't be worse than Cable raising Hope, and that turned out okay

That's an illegal amount of pouches.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not for a child raised by Cable!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
She's such a daddy's girl. Where's the teen rebellion? "I'm gonna wear skirts and women's jackets, DAD, with NO POCKETS. NO POUCHES! ... and I'm signing a GUN CONTROL PETITION!"

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Gaz-L posted:

She's such a daddy's girl. Where's the teen rebellion? "I'm gonna wear skirts and women's jackets, DAD, with NO POCKETS. NO POUCHES! ... and I'm signing a GUN CONTROL PETITION!"

Cable is a good, understanding dad, he did buy her that hairbrush when she was younger.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

did he seriously call him Francis

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Needed to really make sure he had the proper disapproving parent tone.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Cable got a special exception for "those who are recognized as being a part of Cable's legal household," so she's good.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Samuringa posted:

did he seriously call him Francis

Well, he does usually need to lighten up a bit.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hell of a way to learn how to do the splits.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Spidey looking even more like a sectoid than usual

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Phy posted:

Spider-man Reptilian transformation (REAL)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Phy posted:

Parker luck being why my team is poo poo in XCOM2 goes a long way to explain things.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
It's not enough that there was a Stilt-Man, there had to be someone to carry on his mantle too

I get wanting to root for the underdog, but there are limits

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Samuringa posted:

It's not enough that there was a Stilt-Man, there had to be someone to carry on his mantle too

I get wanting to root for the underdog, but there are limits

There were actually 3 people acting as Stilt-Man before her.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lady Stilt-Man is a stroke of genius and I won't hear another word against her.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Piell posted:

There were actually 3 people acting as Stilt-Man before her.

That's almost worse. 3 undeniable fuckups before her and she looked at THAT gimmick and thought "Hmm, yes, this appartus will serve me well".

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That's almost worse. 3 undeniable fuckups before her and she looked at THAT gimmick and thought "Hmm, yes, this appartus will serve me well".

There have been a long line of DogWelders as well

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Zil posted:

There have been a long line of DogWelders as well

Yeah, but they didn't choose to weld dogs. It was a curse, laid on the first Dogwelder as a punishment by the formerly human-headed god of the underworld Anubis.

E: My favorite part of that story is how Horus makes bird noises instead of talking.

Ponsonby Britt fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 3, 2018

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Cable's a lawyer. If anyone knows loopholes on firearms based laws it will be him.

https://twitter.com/FatherDanStern/status/1022444802284167172?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
He didn't actually pass the bar the first time he just kept going back in time and redoing it every time he failed

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The bar exam is a test of minimal competence anyway. You have to get basically a 60%, and it's on a curve. Time travel powers undoubtedly help, and he could just use his robot eye to take a picture of the test and then time travel back and look up the exact answers and memorize those, but it's not quite as strict as it could be.

It's still a bastard of a test though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

site posted:

He didn't actually pass the bar the first time he just kept going back in time and redoing it every time he failed

My Cousin Nathan

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Zaodai posted:

The bar exam is a test of minimal competence anyway. You have to get basically a 60%, and it's on a curve. Time travel powers undoubtedly help, and he could just use his robot eye to take a picture of the test and then time travel back and look up the exact answers and memorize those, but it's not quite as strict as it could be.

Maybe the American Bar is.
My first set of exams were five exams over five days. 60% to pass, broken into one question worth 50% (so of you couldn't answer the question 1 on each paper, you couldn't pass. ) and two questions out of four worth the other 50%.

That was tough.

The second set of exams were at the end of the year. 14 exams spread out over three months, a mixture of exam questions, essays and practical tests (mock advocacy or mock examing witnesses.)
That was more an endurance test them anything else.

But having a time machine, pschyic powers or a techno-organic body would have definitely been a big aid.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Zaodai posted:

Wait, Cable has a robot eye? I thought it glowing was just a byproduct of his dad being Cyclops.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's part of his techno-organic std.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

And here I thought it was his barely contained psychic powers. Knew parts of him robotic, but not the eye as well.

Wait does that mean parts of his brain are actually little hard drives as well?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Possibly? There was interplay. At times he did seem to have a sort of mental control over using his metal bits to hack machinery.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the robot parts are usually but not always his robot disease, which is slowly converting his entire body. his psychic powers are usually but not always dedicated to suppressing its growth.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

TwoPair posted:

Wait, Cable has a robot eye? I thought it glowing was just a byproduct of his dad being Cyclops.

The ones with Summers genes get glowy eyes, the ones with Grey genes get possessed by genocidal cosmic forces red hair.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the robot parts are usually but not always his robot disease, which is slowly converting his entire body. his psychic powers are usually but not always dedicated to suppressing its growth.

Wait that was serious? Comics! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
He also had an internet connected AI in his arm for a while at least, coulda totally cheated with that