Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That doesn't look like it would take the weight to me. Detolfs weigh like 80 pounds. It looks like it's made to extend height by attaching on top, not to raise the main unit.

I was probably mixing it up with something else. I googled and the example I was thinking of was using Expedit cubes. The Expedit line has been replaced with Kallax and doesn't seem to have the sturdier cubes anymore though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
https://www.ikeahackers.net/
There's also this site for people using Ikea stuff...

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Guy mentions the correct stand for Detolfs in this video: https://youtu.be/v6qzD7ALwpU

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Here it is so you dont have to watch video: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90144730/?query=mosjo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's only rated for 45kg. Detolfs are like 35kg each.

They always undersell the weight capacity for liability, but I don't know if I'd risk that long term without reinforcing the shelf somehow.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

The riser I was talking about was basically a box that perfectly matched the bottom of the detolf which it sat under supporting the weight. Then there was an outer box that when the detolf was seated on the inner box the outer one covered the sides of the detolfs base keeping it from moving off the inner box. It was a DIY job but as I recall someone said that Ikea made a drawer that you could drop the detold on top of that did the same thing.

Yeah the one in that video is something thats very common and there isnt a 'right riser' for exactly, its just putting your detolf on top of a cabinet. People do it with the besta living room storage thing and those cube shelves. It works well but its not the weight limit I'd be concerned with its making sure its not going to fall off if bumped.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Just checking, but does anyone want to buy my THE STEEL v1 figure? I gotta start clearing some space. Will take a pic later. He's complete with everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A quick search fails me but there's a dude who sells custom made Detolf risers with options like insignias and symbols cut into them and they are gorgeous. Still looking for his FB page.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I need some money rather urgently, would there be any interest in my one and only Hot Toys figure, Agent Coulson? Literally never opened the outer box. I'm based in the UK, but I'm in the US next week.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I need some money rather urgently, would there be any interest in my one and only Hot Toys figure, Agent Coulson? Literally never opened the outer box. I'm based in the UK, but I'm in the US next week.

I’m interested Doc. I don’t have PMs but would you mind emailing me what you’re asking on him? ragemack at gmail dot com

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
Shops in Singapore started taking preorders yesterday for Black Series Greivous, Kenobi, WetHead Luke and the rocket trooper for expected April release. I had the impression from the NYCC press and such that Kenobi was going to be like a year away still, so pretty excited about this.

If anyone else catching up on black series is not sure whether to wait for the archive releases or not here's a lousy picture I took of bespin leia with those which came before. Shows pretty clearly the quality differences in face paint and such over the years:

My first reaction when hearing about the archive series was that I'm glad they'll be more easily obtainable for people who don't have them yet but that I wasn't up for re-buying the figures. But after seeing how great hasbro has done this year I'm onboard now for all the do-overs.

Also I must add that I will buy anything and everything Figuarts ever makes with the words Cowboy and Bebop on it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I never realized how off the scale was on that Boussh figure. Seconding how great that Bespin Leia is, the face is fantastic. I just wish they’d done the Bespin gown instead, since the upcoming Hoth Leia is almost identical aside from the hair, vest, and boots.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I need that Halloween 18 Myers like right now. Movie was so drat good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sooper Gila posted:

Also I must add that I will buy anything and everything Figuarts ever makes with the words Cowboy and Bebop on it.

TMNT Bebop in cowboy disguise.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://www.facebook.com/GeeWhiz.Customs/videos/177295553197582/

This is weird, but kind of cool. It's a 1/6 figure stand that you can load sounds into that play with a button. Doesn't seem to be much bigger than a regular stand either.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Has anyone ever ordered from AliExpress? Is it safe? What's the best way to pay, since they don't seem to accept Paypal?

I'm eyeing a One:12 Daredevil that is 100% a KO, but for $30, it's tempting. Has anyone else ever taken a chance on one of those?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aliexpress is reliable. The vendors on it are not always.

But Aliexpress will take care of you if something doesn't show.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

https://www.facebook.com/GeeWhiz.Customs/videos/177295553197582/

This is weird, but kind of cool. It's a 1/6 figure stand that you can load sounds into that play with a button. Doesn't seem to be much bigger than a regular stand either.

Kinda cool but all my Hot Toys are in a display case and I wouldn't want to have to unlock it every time I want to hear the clip. And even if it was motion activated, I'm sure the case would muffle it's tiny speaker.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blackchamber posted:

Kinda cool but all my Hot Toys are in a display case and I wouldn't want to have to unlock it every time I want to hear the clip. And even if it was motion activated, I'm sure the case would muffle it's tiny speaker.

Why do you keep the display case locked, if you don’t mind my asking? Small children?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

Why do you keep the display case locked, if you don’t mind my asking? Small children?

I was very tempted to install locks on my detolfs, one of my wife's friends has a rotten kid who has broken a half dozen of my figures until I barred the kid from our apartment.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Xenomrph posted:

Think it would be safer if they took a tumble.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Davros1 posted:

Think it would be safer if they took a tumble.

What do you mean?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rhyno posted:

I was very tempted to install locks on my detolfs, one of my wife's friends has a rotten kid who has broken a half dozen of my figures until I barred the kid from our apartment.

Was that over several visits or just one catastrophic one?

Xenomrph posted:

What do you mean?

A heavy enough figure falling on a detolf door can easily open it. I've had it happen since the magnets really aren't that strong. Locking it would prevent that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Several visits.

I wanted to throttle that kid.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

Several visits.

I wanted to throttle that kid.

Go to his house and break his stuff. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

His dad is HUGE so that ain't happening.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

"This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!"

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

His dad is HUGE so that ain't happening.

Bring a gun?

Extra credit if “the gun” is actually G1 Megatron. :haw:

Edit— alternate option, also get HUGE and then go break the kid’s stuff.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Weird question but is there a place online to order Black series lightsabers? I think I accidentally threw out a bunch for figures I have at work. :(

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

I dont have the detolfs, I have the Fabricors which have metal frames so they are easier to move without worrying so much about breaking glass. They come with a lock pre-installed.

Not mine, mines grey. Theres also another fabrikor thats taller and thinner like the detolf.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I never realized how off the scale was on that Boussh figure. Seconding how great that Bespin Leia is, the face is fantastic. I just wish they’d done the Bespin gown instead, since the upcoming Hoth Leia is almost identical aside from the hair, vest, and boots.

Yeah I wanted the bespin gown more too but hopefully hasbro will do it, seems like a fairly easy retool. I display Boussh with Jabba and the other bounty hunters so it only jumped out to me how out of scale it was too when I took the picture. The dude who's really out of scale though is Jango, if you take his helmet off and pose him with any others he looks like one of those DKR figures mattel made on MOTUC bucks relative to the other black series crew.

Speaking of MOTUC, I just pre-ordered the Club Greyskull ultimate HeMan, Skeletor and She Ra from BBTS. MOTUC was along with TVC my single favorite toy line as an adult, but I quit being a completest after I missed Shadow Weaver. I think the last figure I got was Shokoti, only now realized that was five years ago! Didn't realize it had been that long.

Anyway, I'd dearly wanted the filmation He-Man but missed him on release and narrowly talked myself out of spending about 200+ on it back in January. I escaped that misfortune by convincing myself super7 would surely reissue it and now they are!

So I'm ridiculously excited to be getting me some HE-MAN'S again. Of course this also means next year is going to be about me catching up on all the filmation figures I didn't get in the last year and a half...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, the MOTU stuff is calling my name but if I start in I won't be able to stop.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I got the older 4 horseman Fisto; I’ll obviously need the filmation one.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

And now, a relevant video from Toy Galaxy:

https://youtu.be/2tH0-fy0N2M

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
So what's the draw of the MOTU? Is it that people had the toys and now don't, that they didn't have all the toys, or that they just want to have them on cards again?

I have all the original MOTU toys, playsets, etc at least through the middle of the Horde. Do people collect the old ones much or do they want these new ones?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

So what's the draw of the MOTU? Is it that people had the toys and now don't, that they didn't have all the toys, or that they just want to have them on cards again?

I have all the original MOTU toys, playsets, etc at least through the middle of the Horde. Do people collect the old ones much or do they want these new ones?

My vintage MOTU collection consists of exactly one (1) Modulok. But I have about 30 MOTUC figures, and I’ve bought about one per year for the last few years.

The biggest problem with MOTUC is that figure standards have evolved a lot since MOTUC first started. When it started, single-jointed hinged elbows and knees were standard. So was a lack of thigh swivels. I remember being blown away by how articulated the first wave of MOTUC was. Now they just seem kind of sad and outdated compared to any given Marvel Legends or Dragonball figure at Walgreens.

I got a Super 7 MOTUC Mer-man and Sorceress from BBTS today. Mostly because I loving love Mer-man and I failed to get a Sorceress the first time around. I don’t regret it, but it’s pretty hard to imagine ever buying another MOTUC figure until they retool or remake their molds for the actual real year 2018.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Don't forget, sideshow kicks off thier spooktacular today. Codes, sales, etc.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Most MOTUC figures have thigh swivels. The only ones that don’t are on the “2.0” female body. For some reason when they released the original She-Ra people complained that she couldn’t ride her horse. The reason for this was that her skirt’s plastic was too hard, but Mattel thought instead they needed to take away the thigh swivel.

Anyways, yes, for the most part MOTUC articulation is outdated. However Super7 has been good about adding Marvel Legends ankles and wrist hinge-swivels. Just those two make a huge difference.

Super7 has their issues as well, they’ve made the tolerances on the neck joints way too tight. Head swapping is mostly a thing of the past and range of head movement isn’t great.

All that said MOTUC is one of my favorite lines ever. For better or worse they’ve combined so many eras of Masters into one uniform toy line: Vintage, Princess of Power, New Adventures, Filmation, 2000 MOTU, and even prototypes that never happened. It’s an amazing collection.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

All that said MOTUC is one of my favorite lines ever. For better or worse they’ve combined so many eras of Masters into one uniform toy line: Vintage, Princess of Power, New Adventures, Filmation, 2000 MOTU, and even prototypes that never happened. It’s an amazing collection.

Just a shame that some of them are so drat expensive. It's the only thing keeping me from jumping in full force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Toyark/status/1055101973815537665