Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Cool, I'll show him the trailers and stuff. I had my doubts because Platinum does have their (well deserved or not) fame for difficulty and occasional obscure mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Guys I'm looking through the window and I see Blaster!

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

On a different tickle I got MP Takara Tiger Tracks today, and he's pretty much identical to my KO Red Alert. Similar leg/hip problems, only difference I can see is how the armes on TT attach to his shoulders, and his chest clips in properly. Oh yeah, it does say Countach above his ankle too instead of cantach. Guy I bought him from had already put blu-tac in his hand to help the gun hold, which isn't a problem I've had on any other MP I own. gently caress it, both of them were £25 rather than £60+

Original image had peoples names off facebook on screen behind I didn't notice

Goldskull fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 7, 2015

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
So I'll toss this out before things other than Titans Return are announced:
I've hinted at something in a few of my posts from the past few months that should be announced this weekend that will be painfully obvious once it is announced

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Titans Return is the second part of a grand multimedia trilogy which started with Combiner wars and will include IDW, the new machinima series and toylines.

Shuttle guy is Sentinel Prime.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

quote:

That storyline will feature the biggest Transformers robots in existence, fan-favorite Sentinel Prime
Guy who has no speaking lines in G1 (I think? Who cares), Guy who is a prick in animated, guy who megatron killed in IDW and guy who megatron killed in wfc, all of whom are different characters.

Yep definite fan favorite here. There's probably some others one I forgot about too. Oh right, guy who Optimus brutally executed firing squad style in dotm while begging for his life.

Sounds cool anyway though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/10/07/nycc-2015-blaster-and-g2-menasor-at-hasbro-preview-event-302464

Titan Wars blaster, Legends Rewind, tiger thing that turns into a plane, and Purple dinosaur that turns into a Purple Girffin thing that looks like a headmaster.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Dude that Rewind looks sick! Motherfucking Skullcruncher! GALVATRON!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ye Gods they look so well done they could be mistaken for third party figures.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Galvatron's headmaster is Megatron. I mean come on.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
What's the deal with the little vehicle dudes? Are they just supposed to provide extra heads for the headmasters?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, no idea what's up with those.

Even a couple of the RiD toys look neat! I'll deffo get Fracture if I can, and there's stag tractor dude too!

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

They're triple changers vehicles that the Titan Masters can ride - imo the Dino one is really cool

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rewind looks like he has chrome paint on him.

Is that Windblade new?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I like the little vehicle guys, if they're supposed to be legends I'm ok with that. They look strangely enough like they belong in G1, they almost resemble those micromaster trailers that turned into vehicles. Also can we get a confirrmation that the Purple Dinosaur thing is supposed to be a reference to the G1 griffin episode? Because it seems to strongly resembles it.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 8, 2015

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

The Taint Reaper posted:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/10/07/nycc-2015-blaster-and-g2-menasor-at-hasbro-preview-event-302464

Titan Wars blaster, Legends Rewind, tiger thing that turns into a plane, and Purple dinosaur that turns into a Purple Girffin thing that looks like a headmaster.

Headmaster Blaster. Not too sure how I feel about his head turning into a DJ.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sizone posted:

No his head turns into Blaster

in the distant future transformers become so swole and buff that they cannot fit through doors normally so the only solution is to cut off their heads and have the heads turn into a smaller version of themselves.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I really like Galvatron seems to transform into his G1 space cannon dealie.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Deceptive Thinker posted:

They're triple changers vehicles that the Titan Masters can ride - imo the Dino one is really cool

So they go from weapon to Vehicle A to Vehicle B?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Sizone posted:

WHO RUNS BARTER TOWN?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Good Listener posted:

I really like Galvatron seems to transform into his G1 space cannon dealie.

People are already bitching about his hollow forearms.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

So they go from weapon to Vehicle A to Vehicle B?

yes

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

Even a couple of the RiD toys look neat! I'll deffo get Fracture if I can, and there's stag tractor dude too!

Agreed. Please, toy gods, don't let them be unfun flop-piles like Steeljaw.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

So I'll toss this out before things other than Titans Return are announced:
I've hinted at something in a few of my posts from the past few months that should be announced this weekend that will be painfully obvious once it is announced

If it's one of the things we just saw I don't get it but I think you've talked about Pretenders more than usual? Some kind of Pretender homage? That's my best guess...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder who they can remold that Hardhead into. A Soundwave out of Blaster seems obvious.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Is that Windblade new?
It might have a fix or two but it doesn't look much past a remold.

Way more paint, though.

I like how shockwave is hiding on Bruticus' back. Have we even seen a picture of that legend before?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

So they're pretty much targetmasters for larger figures that also come with their own Headmaster head then?

That sounds pretty good for a legends figure, I miss the partners that came with the Thrilling 30 legends but these sound definitely comparable if the main figure itself can be a weapon for a voyager or a leader.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I wonder who they can remold that Hardhead into. A Soundwave out of Blaster seems obvious.

As if it's not going to be Warpath. I'd prefer Strika, but you know.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I hope they missed a spot painting Skullcruncher's face, it's like the visor is just split.

His robot and altmode prototypes are painted a bit differently so it could be.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 8, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Why cookie Rocket posted:

What about Quake?

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Welp. These look pretty fuckin' awesome. As excited for these as I was for Devastator.

Also I'm going to have 3 Skullcrunchers and I'm ok with that. Though I need to find my original one's head...

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The tech specs show how much the headmaster boosts the robot's specs, and Blaster's is called Twincast.

Galvatron's third mode seems to be some sort of spaceship.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 8, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Laserbeak fits into Blaster's chest.

:boom:

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Why cookie Rocket posted:

How many Warpaths do we need? I got my fill with the Generations one, which owns.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I might be having a stroke; I can't figure out the size class of any of these toys. Is Galvatron a leader? Is Skullcruncher a voyager? Everything is so new and weird and cool and there's nothing in frame to let me get a handle on size...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
That purple dinosaur turns into a dragon not a griffin. Either way everything looks late era G1 as gently caress and I love it.

Mechanical beast bots, alt modes that are weird as poo poo, mother.loving.TAPES!!!!!!

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

That purple dinosaur turns into a dragon not a griffin. Either way everything looks late era G1 as gently caress and I love it.

I think it's Snapdragon

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I think it's Snapdragon

Alright that's passable, if his purple head can be used on any type of Headmaster body that's cool. I mean there's probably going to be a few characters who are unworthy of having a new figure so the alternate heads will provide a nice alternative.

I thought it might have wound up to be a Beast Wars Megatron reference since a T-Rex and a Dragon were both of his alt modes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I loving love Transformers that ride around in ships and other vehicles that can also be robots and other things, this is gonna be my poo poo.