Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

LingcodKilla posted:

Crabby audience today.

How did the first day go?

Fantastic! Everybody was great and welcoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

COOL CORN posted:

Fantastic! Everybody was great and welcoming

Feel a part of the school already? Excellent!

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
First, I swear I own other shirts. Anyway, transitioning is weird sometimes (as though I needed to tell this thread of all places). I spend a lot of time dwelling on my proportions (boobs someday, please) and whether I'll ever be as properly feminine as I'd like (which I realize is vastly premature at 7mos HRT), but this picture is me shortly after looking at myself in a dressing room and realizing that I actually do just kind of have hips (thanks Mom/Grandma!) and I should be happy about it because pretty much no one has their ideal body.

Also, doubly happy because somewhere off camera while this was going on my wife was interrogating staff about the existence of this dress I absolutely loved in a non-petite size. I liked it enough that i took a hail Mary on said petite, but you could definitely see my butt if I bent over because I'm 5'10" and it's a loving petite. Anyway, apparently they had just come in and the regular sizes weren't on the floor yet, so the manager got her one out of the backroom (again, she's the best), and I bought the gently caress out of it. Also that one little piece of my hair is fading to white/light pink while everything else is holding strong, and I kind of love the effect.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Enjoy my disgusting face you bastards.

I've had just enough whiskey where I'm in love-the-world mode so please know that if you're doubting yourself I love you and I think you're doing alright, whoever you are.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Now that's the kind of quality posting I come here to see!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
drat, hips! I will gladly trade you a cup size for some of your hips, please. And

Quiet Feet posted:

I've had just enough whiskey where I'm in love-the-world mode so please know that if you're doubting yourself I love you and I think you're doing alright, whoever you are.
A legitimate quality post! :respek:

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

HaB posted:

You weren't my hero before, but you definitely are now.

Yes! thank you Birb.

I had to look for a home for Potato. She was having a hard time with the other cats, and needed more attention than I can give her.
https://i.imgur.com/HYYGMIY.mp4

Quiet Feet posted:

:3:

Karnegal you look amazing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sweet As Sin posted:

Yes! thank you Birb.

I had to look for a home for Potato. She was having a hard time with the other cats, and needed more attention than I can give her.
https://i.imgur.com/HYYGMIY.mp4

:3:

Karnegal you look amazing.

Omg if you were in the states I’d pounce on that unit so fast.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

Whaddup tapestry gang! Mine is a photo I took of Lake Louise because if I was going to be bed ridden I figured I'd be better off bringing the mountains home to keep me somewhat sane.

Whoa that’s awesome

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
What up, first selfie with a new phone.

Also I kinda forgot in all the Pride hubbub, but I'm at 1 year HRT and I'm feeling super duper good about it!

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

All your cats are beautiful. Sorry Potato needs to be rehomed, thats got to be tough and I'd be in tears if it were one of my cats.

Horsey McHorseface
Jun 5, 2017

You, your hair and dress look awesome :):

Sweet As Sin posted:

Noo, Potatooo :( I'm so sorry.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

SaS, I am sorry to hear about Potato, but am sure that you will find her a very good home, and in her own cat way, that she understands <3

Today is my mum's first day of radiation treatment, and I wanted to post a giant THANK YOU to everyone who participated along the way with my Canadian Cancer Society fundraisers, and who offered support and encouragement, it has meant a lot to me, and to my mother, who has always loved SA and goons. Thanks everyone, so much for making this an easier thing to go through. You are all wonderful!!!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Queen Combat posted:

drat, hips! I will gladly trade you a cup size for some of your hips, please.
Right?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Karnegal posted:

Also that one little piece of my hair is fading to white/light pink while everything else is holding strong, and I kind of love the effect.

Not gonna make you pay royalties, being as we cool. :h:

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Not gonna make you pay royalties, being as we cool. :h:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? :h:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hi 7 months hrt buddy! You're cute as hell and that dress owns

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Thanks for the kind words all, one point of clarification. The dress I'm talking about is not in that picture, I'm just wearing a skirt- I also bought that skirt because, again, holy poo poo I have some curve, and also it was clearance for $8.

I'm wearing THE dress on Thursday since I've got group vocal therapy and then my wife and I are headed to our work LGBTQ event since well miss Pride this weekend as we're going to be out of town.

Not pictured because mobile- yesterday we found out that our car is totaled not just cosmetically damaged. (That makes 2 Ford Fusions lost to hit and runs in 3 years - at least no one was in it this time). So, while we were picking up our check they asked if we had a plan for what we were going to replace it with, we said no since we haven't had a chance to test drive anything. So he looks us over - I'm in a dress, my wife is wearing a blazer and has a pretty serious undershave at the moment - and then he goes "Have you considered a Subaru?" So, I guess I'm reading correctly at least.

Mikl posted:

What up, first selfie with a new phone.

Also I kinda forgot in all the Pride hubbub, but I'm at 1 year HRT and I'm feeling super duper good about it!

How'd I miss this? Major congratulations!! Looking good

Karnegal has a new favorite as of 00:10 on Jun 5, 2019

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Proud of you all

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hey why not, I'm feeling these pants

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Fam, I did it, I made a selfie!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

I love siamooses so much. And all of you! :)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
I am deeply skeptical about this whole 'summer' business.

Liquid Communism has a new favorite as of 02:55 on Dec 10, 2019

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I love this thread.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Fender Anarchist posted:

Hey why not, I'm feeling these pants

With drat good reason!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

also, LC, the salt and pepper is really working for you :)

Nur_Neerg posted:

your son has your eyes

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 07:57 on Jun 5, 2019

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

also, LC, the salt and pepper is really working for you :)

Thanks! I'm just glad I have hair, Dad was full-on bald by my age.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Liquid Communism posted:

Thanks! I'm just glad I have hair, Dad was full-on bald by my age.

Personally, I launched a pre-emptive strike in my early 30s. Been shaving it ever since.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I don't know if there is a specific salutation, but Happy Pride month to all you LGBTQ+ goons out there!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

I don't know if there is a specific salutation, but Happy Pride month to all you LGBTQ+ goons out there!

There is, but you have to be in the club to know it.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Nur_Neerg posted:

Omg :swoon: at this pic

Liquid Communism posted:

I am deeply skeptical about this whole 'summer' business.

and your beard is on point :D

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

So many cuties here!

:kimchi:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Karnegal posted:

Thanks for the kind words all, one point of clarification. The dress I'm talking about is not in that picture, I'm just wearing a skirt- I also bought that skirt because, again, holy poo poo I have some curve, and also it was clearance for $8.

I'm wearing THE dress on Thursday since I've got group vocal therapy and then my wife and I are headed to our work LGBTQ event since well miss Pride this weekend as we're going to be out of town.

Not pictured because mobile- yesterday we found out that our car is totaled not just cosmetically damaged. (That makes 2 Ford Fusions lost to hit and runs in 3 years - at least no one was in it this time). So, while we were picking up our check they asked if we had a plan for what we were going to replace it with, we said no since we haven't had a chance to test drive anything. So he looks us over - I'm in a dress, my wife is wearing a blazer and has a pretty serious undershave at the moment - and then he goes "Have you considered a Subaru?" So, I guess I'm reading correctly at least.

How'd I miss this? Major congratulations!! Looking good

FWIW we got an Outback a few years ago and I like it. Of course I say this but the engine started making a chirping noise yesterday. basically just a station wagon that they jacked up the frame and added big tires to to make it look like an SUV. My wife got an Impreza a year later when her old car finally died and I actually like how that handles better.

I upgraded from a Scion XA. I liked that car but we had a baby and, I poo poo you not, with our infant child in her car seat in the back, my wife could not fit in the passengers seat as it had to be pushed all the way forward. She's 4'11.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Quiet Feet posted:

FWIW we got an Outback a few years ago and I like it. Of course I say this but the engine started making a chirping noise yesterday. basically just a station wagon that they jacked up the frame and added big tires to to make it look like an SUV. My wife got an Impreza a year later when her old car finally died and I actually like how that handles better.

I upgraded from a Scion XA. I liked that car but we had a baby and, I poo poo you not, with our infant child in her car seat in the back, my wife could not fit in the passengers seat as it had to be pushed all the way forward. She's 4'11.

We're pretty much sedan owners for life, but we are actually going to start our test drives with the Legacy because AWD seems like a good plan if we're staying in Boston for the foreseeable future, which is the plan.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

this is the best thread and I am glad you all exist and are posting here with us 😊😊😊

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I love my Outback! I had a Jeep previously, and I don’t wake up every morning disappointed that nobody stole/set my car on fire. My Outback is great for road trips with piles of dive gear in the back, too :)

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Karnegal posted:

We're pretty much sedan owners for life, but we are actually going to start our test drives with the Legacy because AWD seems like a good plan if we're staying in Boston for the foreseeable future, which is the plan.

A good set of winter tires = more better than AWD/4wd with all seasons. So don't rule out something F/RWD

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Karnegal posted:

'sup, fellow Massachusetts goon.:hf:

Yeah, that was pretty much the same reason we got Subarus, since their gimmick is all wheel drive on everything. It's been nice to have. Wife's parents got a Legacy a year after she got her Impreza. I think they had one or two complaints but I'm not sure if they were real complaints or older generation confused by new technology complaints.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

this is the best thread and I am glad you all exist and are posting here with us 😊😊😊

I'm actually terrible. :colbert:

I lurk this thread from time to time because it has this weird super chill vibe to it. I don't want to ruin it by posting too much.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Quiet Feet posted:

FWIW we got an Outback a few years ago and I like it.

until I began the next sentence I sincerely thought you meant the chain restaurant. No I don't know why. No context means nothing to me. No I never have difficulty following the flow of conversation why do you ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

until I began the next sentence I sincerely thought you meant the chain restaurant. No I don't know why. No context means nothing to me. No I never have difficulty following the flow of conversation why do you ask

I did the same thing.

Birds of a common feather...

:laffo: