Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

EccoRaven posted:

my story is like busb's only I was off my feet for a full week and didn't get back to normal for another week. hang in there!!!!

my story is like eccos only exactly the same. i was bedridden for about 6 days and every time i stood up to have a shower i spewed in the shower but because i was so tired and exhausted i had no food in me.

i dropped 10kgs and now am my perfect weight 12 months later so thanks flu i guess

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 27, 2020

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

EccoRaven posted:

my story is like busb's only it was 5 pounds instead of 22 and I never showered because gently caress getting up.

my story is like ecco's but less smelly.

Kendrick Lamare is bad

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

JakeP posted:

Yeah I agree. The reason I don't think it will be in the olympics is because then its getting to the point where olympic events are commerials for specific video games. It would start to get into really shady territory when different games are all trying to become olympic esports, and how would the olympic comittee determine which games are? It would come down to a who bribes them enough to vote their game in and vote their competitors game out. Its not like Chess or something where any company in the world can make a chess set, it would be some video game publisher advertising their video game for anyone watching around the world. Its just way more complicated then say adding Women's Rugby or something
guess it'll have to be open source games, I hear those have thriving competitive communities

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Video games will never be in the olympics but will have their own Big Event that is somewhat similar. In other words, just like what is already happening, but bigger and eventually more comprehensive.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

BabeLiker90 posted:

Video games will never be in the olympics but will have their own Big Event that is somewhat similar. In other words, just like what is already happening, but bigger and eventually more comprehensive.

I don't think there'll ever be something with as much ceremony as the olympics in esports and that's a really good thing tbh

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

As far as I see it, the Olympics are either the the premier sporting event for uninteresting sports, or a subpar event for major sports. Like swimming or athletics, it's the main deal. For things like Tennis or Soccer, there are bigger events.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Why would you want a national team level competition for video games every 4 years. That sounds more boring then the current set up.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The Olympics are great sorry you are all broken inside.

Please ignore all the slave labour and broken local economies in their wake.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Sydney gave the Olympics what they deserve. They put it on a toxic waste dump.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm still mystified why they built the stadium over your printed post history.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I didn't post in 2000. They just built it on top of me and it took me 10 years to dig my way out.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

BabeLiker90 posted:

Poker basically did that and pulled it off pretty well.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
A camera pans across the pitch of the Socceroos WC Qualifier against Jordan. The turf looks worn. The camera zooms in on a patch of dead grass.

Obscured but still discernible, the following words can be made out in a peculiar font:

code:
Welcome to Plainsville Mafia, a game for 13 players.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

I didn't post in 2000. They just built it on top of me and it took me 10 years to dig my way out.

Australia is famous for people society tried to kill that somehow survived anyway, you're doing your great grandpappy proud

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Amoeba102 posted:

As far as I see it, the Olympics are either the the premier sporting event for uninteresting sports, or a subpar event for major sports. Like swimming or athletics, it's the main deal. For things like Tennis or Soccer, there are bigger events.

For baseball (if they even still have olympic baseball) we send college kids instead of our pros. Its pretty big for Hockey, probably the biggest hockey thing. For basketball all the best players play, but its pretty much guarenteed US will win.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Amoeba102 posted:

Really? I have to go to a week long work conference at Sydney Olympic Park every year

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Olympic_Park

quote:

Before its transformation, a large part of Olympic Park was an industrial wasteland after more than a century of industrial and military activities on the site. The site was once home to a brickworks,[4] abattoir and an armaments depot as well as being the site for eight of Sydney's rubbish dumps. These activities resulted in a highly contaminated site with little natural ecology and a fragmented stream corridor. Sixty-five percent of the soils were required to be excavated and contained on-site.

JakeP posted:

For baseball (if they even still have olympic baseball) we send college kids instead of our pros. Its pretty big for Hockey, probably the biggest hockey thing. For basketball all the best players play, but its pretty much guarenteed US will win.

Guess that means Hockey is boring, sorry.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Its pretty big for Hockey, probably the biggest hockey thing.

wut

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Canadian Hockey fans will never shut up about how important "best on best" is

Until they lose it ofc

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm super excited for the World Cup of Hockey though, which is going to be much more legitimate outside of the mishandled small euro countries and young man's team

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Birdstrike posted:

A camera pans across the pitch of the Socceroos WC Qualifier against Jordan. The turf looks worn. The camera zooms in on a patch of dead grass.

Obscured but still discernible, the following words can be made out in a peculiar font:

code:
Welcome to Plainsville Mafia, a game for 13 players.

That was my first game ever so yeah some sort of toxic dump is probably apt

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I was kidding about the esports thing but thanks for engaging it sincerely.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

I was kidding about the esports thing but thanks for engaging it sincerely.

This is what you get for talking about video games on the internet son

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I mean what are you going to say is bigger? NHL? Thats kind of a different thing

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Amoeba102 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Olympic_Park

Guess that means Hockey is boring, sorry.

Outside of the football playoffs, playoff hockey is the most exciting sport. The regular season in NHL is pretty lame, but playoffs, worldcup and olympics are all pretty fun to watch

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Battlestar Galactica: Thirty-Three has ended in a HUMAN victory!

Input on my pilot tested anti-lurking mechanisms is welcome, and anything I can improve on in general for future games.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
U suk

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Just because the competition/event is club based and not nationality based doesn't mean it should be thought as a different. If the Stanley Cup is bigger than the Olympics for Ice Hockey it's bigger rgardless. You wouldn't say American Football has no major competition/event becasue it's all club based.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The NHL entirely mismanages its product and I will tell about it forever if you let me

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i woulod, because domestic sport is dumb

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

The NHL entirely mismanages its product and I will tell about it forever if you let me

Go ahead.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What sports are important to you busb?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
lol ice hockey

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
http://mightandfealty.com/en/ what the hell is this

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Asiina posted:

lol ice hockey

Canadian treason!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

A dumb country management game like clash of clans and all that crap?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Amoeba102 posted:

What sports are important to you busb?

the IPL, obv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CapitalistPig posted:

A dumb country management game like clash of clans and all that crap?

its not look at that manual