Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ben Garrison is yet another in a long long line of idiots who think "manly" is something defined by others and immobile, that to be "manly" has a single definition. In their tiny world you can be true to yourself, confident, stand up against terrible odds, weather any storm, be a rock in a sea of storms and STILL not be "manly" because you're not wearing the "manly" uniform created decades ago by Hollywood writers and movie makers.
It reminds me of my favorite quote of all time by C.S. Lewis: “When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

In other words Ben Garrison is pathetic.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

drat, you owned him.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Debate & Discussion › Political Cartoons 2017: We can out-debate a .jpeg about 30% of the time.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

I didn't know T_D had a print edition.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm the guy who still gives a gently caress about Diana.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Even the Donald hasn't gone that far

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
I miss Weekly World News.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Potato Salad posted:

Even the Donald hasn't gone that far

They've taken the National Enquirer seriously before. Remember back in primary season when they got really excited about the National Enquierer's "Ted Cruz had affairs with five women" thing?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Lord Hydronium posted:

Also that well-known phrase of Hillary Clinton's, "stay the course".

Come on, it's at least as well known as her famous cowlick!

"But we're still gonna keep it!"

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

the irony of this

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Literal opposite_of_reality.jpg from Branco here.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Have Branco's depictions of Democratic women gotten more deranged lately? He never drew them in a flattering manner, sure, but I don't remember this much *crazy eyes*

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

They're really scared of Pelosi, huh.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

The_Other posted:

So you may remember a couple of weeks ago when this website posted an article on Ted Rall's SLAPP lawsuit against well, more groups than I can remember. It took him a few weeks but yesterday he finally replied:

Here's Arnie's response:

This sums up Ted Rall pretty good and I'm sad this wasn't the response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qftipUJtpYc

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Zemyla posted:

Literal opposite_of_reality.jpg from Branco here.
So just branco.jpg then.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Lurdiak posted:

They're really scared of Pelosi, huh.

I can't really see why, other than that she's a great whip who consistently keeps near-right weirdos from breaking the party line on important issues.

(Insert rehashed "she's against single payer!" without understanding the circumstances of Lieberman's betrayal)

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Furries getting some attention from the politoonists lately. Rogers seems a bit more neutral though.

Brewed on Grant is a cartoon published in the Pittsburgh post-gazette. The furries have their big fur-con in Pittsburgh.

Garrison is a demented man-baby who draws for a very specific audience, babymen.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I've given this more thought.

Implicit in this headline is the admission DTJr's emails are damning.

I mean, goddamn, I would not have thought that to be a front the GOP's Enquirer-grade crazies would cede.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Kate Evans on Theresa May and the pressures of Brexit – MPs are hoping to force a vote on whether the UK should stay in the European Economic Area for at least a few years after Brexit, in the belief that it may be possible to force Theresa May to yield on the issue"

Telegraph:

Corbyn urged by shadow cabinet to condemn Venezuela's 'out of control' president

Independent:

Prince Philip carries out final official engagement

Times:

Ken Livingstone: Venezuela crisis due to Chávez's failure to kill oligarchs

Evening Standard:

Neymar: Barcelona say Paris St-Germain target has paid his [£200m] buyout clause

Mail:
Mac on... Prince Philip's retirement

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

lelandjs posted:

I think that what Mr. Fish is trying to say is that while culturally we're advancing, eventually the progressives will lose power and all that will be left are the apes Trump supporters.

That may be overly generous, though.

But in this analogy, the progressives blew themselves up and left the world to the Trump supporters.

Pakled posted:

They've taken the National Enquirer seriously before. Remember back in primary season when they got really excited about the National Enquierer's "Ted Cruz had affairs with five women" thing?

And his dad killed JFK.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Grand jury possible in Russia probe. News is going faster than cartoonists can respond.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Chump Farts posted:

Grand jury possible in Russia probe. News is going faster than cartoonists can respond.

Fortunately Branco has fifty NOTHINGBURGER toons lined up for emergencies like this.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I wonder whether the grand jury will be made up of sinister-looking donkey men, or Just Regular Folks whose time is being wasted by a sinister-looking donkey man

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

loquacius posted:

I wonder whether the grand jury will be made up of sinister-looking donkey men, or Just Regular Folks whose time is being wasted by a sinister-looking donkey man

The latter before the verdict when there's no way they'll ever find anything nothingburger nothingburger, and the former after the verdict when the sad biased jury did a treason against The Truth

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wonder what standards jury impartiality is held to when the target is an insanely public figure (assuming Mueller is aiming at the top right from the start). How do you find an entire Grand Jury's worth of people who don't already have a strong opinion on the administration?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

I wonder what standards jury impartiality is held to when the target is an insanely public figure (assuming Mueller is aiming at the top right from the start). How do you find an entire Grand Jury's worth of people who don't already have a strong opinion on the administration?

23 identically-dressed Ken Bones

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

loquacius posted:

23 identically-dressed Ken Bones

You just know he voted for Republicans.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Telnaes likes that "red meat" metaphor, doesn't she?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

R. Mute posted:

:hereiam: ?

"He's a little kimoji, he's like 'heyyy whats up :)' and we add some teeth to show he's human." - Kirschen

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I love how spiteful looking and like the Grinch this artist draws Trump.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

The least believable thing about this is Trump doing enough work to replace something that size.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

Federal grand jury selection is completely random. There are zero screenings or questions asked. They pick 23 people and 12 standbys and then they serve for ~18 months.

A grand jury hearing the case could have formed months before the election.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

It seems the apple doesn't fall far from the balcony.

More than half the editorial page was dedicated to the anniversary of the reaction to Leak's cartoon. The word "offenderati" was used.

Kudelka's cartoon on the page opposite:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cheen posted:

drat, you owned him.

Mmm. Every couple hundred pages someone comes up with the ASTOUNDING insight of...aw heck I'll just quote the last exchange:

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Nobody is beholden to their own logic. They want to suppress minorities and thrive off that. They debate liberals in their own language while mocking it because it's easy and effective to those ends. As effective as you let it be. You've already concluded they are Nazis. Why debate them anymore?

quote:

Duke Igthorn posted:

None of that was addressed to them
tthere's value in letting everyone know you personally haven't been conned by the con men and

santanotreal posted:

Because you're not trying to convince them they're wrong, you're making sure other idiots aren't drawn to their shorty logic.
*calls himself an idiot and I agree*

RacistGuidingLight posted:

That was my point, yes. You shouldn't be giving Nazis the validity of an argument. Since for half a year the media did, they have a higher place at the table than you. Organize against them if they bother you, but have something stronger than a list of inconsistencies if you do.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Aaaaaaaaagain: where was I engaging them in debate? Did I address them in anyway?
So, with that in mind, was I debating the author of the comic, a person who is not here and will never see my response, or was I highlighting his ignorance for everyone to see and hopefully prevent impressionable people from falling into the trap of either believing his nonsense or not having a retort when confronted by this bullshit?

Keeping in mind that I'm not REALLY responding to you, but grandiosely going in for an easy dunk on your displayed ignorance
Also, you know, I'm in a thread specifically devoted to talking about political cartoons talking about political cartoons. Which you seem to be all aghast about.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
i'm the mexican prez label

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i'm the mexican prez label

In my sleep deprived state I scanned this as 'mexican pretzels' and goddam if I wouldn't go for some mexican pretzels right now.

• Locked thread