Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't understand what i am looking at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PBS Newshour posted:

its not look at that manual

Ok it definitely looks cooler watching this manual. I registered but still haven't gotten the email.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PBS Newshour posted:

i don't understand what i am looking at

Its pretty vague, but an interesting looking vague.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its some sort of roleplaying thing right? but there is some sort of strategic layer to this as well. looks weird.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Here is the amazing character creation.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
amazing

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I believe Ms. Piggy is out there waiting for you in Sandbox Renaissance Fest

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

like literally someone roleplaying as a muppet

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I played it for 10 minutes.

It is really bad.

So the way you find out where you are starting is by picking a job offer, which are all made by other players in the game. I picked to be a Vassal of some kind of lord but it gave me the option to build buildings in his city. So I took everyone off of food production and built every building. The shortest build time was 5 REAL LIFE days.

The pulse pounding action was too much to handle so I logged off never to return.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
pig i could have warned you because i was reading the manual and there was a secertion where the designer was like "i would have made instant messaging impossible and instead based on medieval messenger travel times but then i realized people would use emails or forums instead"

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PBS Newshour posted:

pig i could have warned you because i was reading the manual and there was a secertion where the designer was like "i would have made instant messaging impossible and instead based on medieval messenger travel times but then i realized people would use emails or forums instead"

The 5 days was for a loving sign.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CapitalistPig posted:

The 5 days was for a loving sign.

hahaha

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
man i wish there was some sort of good free strategy game i could play with friends

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
It's called Neptune's pride just make sure you don't want to be friends with them after the game

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Join Awards Show Mafia, a game for 11 players.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The NHL embraces a past it retroactively fabricated to the detriment of its skill players. The league encourages boring, conservative play that passes for "defense" but really just requires a basic understanding of angles and a willingness to drape your arms around someone/dive in front of pucks. Skill players are ground down into cogs in defensive machines that try to win games 2-0 and look at any high risk, exciting play as a justification to bench or waive the offending player.

The NHL has had two of the lowest scoring years of the modern era in succession and doesn't really care to fix the game because reasons???

Certain off ice decisions like expansion into Miami and Phoenix are equally ridiculous but that's not really a matter of the on-ice product past dilution of talent via expansion

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I really wanted this to be esoprts mafia, the (tiny) picture resembles some of the sillier esports arenas

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My main problem with the NHL is the prevalence of the trap formation, gently caress that poo poo.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's why the ice should be wider/blue lines moved back a bit/obstruction strictly called

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

I really wanted this to be esoprts mafia, the (tiny) picture resembles some of the sillier esports arenas

I would but I only really know dota, and even then mostly just during The International.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asii I've been trying out Dota recently if you feel like playing with someone horrifically bad btw

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BabeLiker90 posted:

Asii I've been trying out Dota recently if you feel like playing with someone horrifically bad btw

Yeah Ixt mentioned that. We should all play together soon. I'm gonna be hopped up on cold medicine and dentist drugs tomorrow evening, so I'll probably be around a new person level.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hmm maybe i should try dota

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The weather website lied to me about rain and I ran for 30 minutes in a steady light rain. And yet I feel good. I fear I'm becoming a runner person :ohdear:

Also I dreamt I went to vote and I voted Hillary Clinton who would not stop following me to ask me questions about what demographic I fell into so I could "help her stats". She was a bit pushy.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 27, 2020

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

hmm maybe i should try dota

As someone starting out with experience in both HoN and LoL, let me tell you this much: complicated as gently caress, a lot of micro/hotkey knowledge is required if you want to be good, community is super toxic. I'm going to play a couple of games a day and figure I'll be passable in...2 months.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hmm maybe i shouldn't try dota

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

tonight the bob and I saw the comedian hari kondabolu and he was very funny. we then ate tacos while watching brooklyn nine-nine, and so it was definitely a good evening. I hope your evenings were as pleasant as mine, especially the following people:

- derp
- 100yrs (last night obviously)
- CCKeane

Glad you had fun, Brooklyn 99 is really fun and dumb and it saddens me that Netflix has only got through S.2 because streaming otherwise is annoying..

Last night and yesterday as a whole was great. It was my 1 year anniversary of my civil union to J and she got us a fancy fish soup (we're on soup diet it seems) and made a tomato salad, out of season, all bought from a super fancy food store in Paris over at the department store known as the Galerie Lafayette. Earlier that day I hung out with my new friend and decided that she's actually pretty cool and not crazy like the other people I've tried tied to be friends with as of late.

It's like a 50% chance, when I meet someone, that they're ok or not.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

BabeLiker90 posted:

As someone starting out with experience in both HoN and LoL, let me tell you this much: complicated as gently caress, a lot of micro/hotkey knowledge is required if you want to be good, community is super toxic. I'm going to play a couple of games a day and figure I'll be passable in...2 months.

Considering it took me like 6 months to be passable at CS assuming I'm passable now that seems p. good.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
just play lol and have fun instead imo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
dota looks less stupid than lol

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

HoTS has been kinda fun in spite of me being really bad when I've played with imgay and jakep. I refuse to ever play LoL because I blame it for killing SC 2.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

d

PBS Newshour posted:

dota looks less stupid than lol

league of legends has better infrastructure. of game. gamestructure. unfortunately league developers also keep adding new champions and just adding a 0 to the end of all their stat numbers.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

d

league of legends has better infrastructure. of game. gamestructure. unfortunately league developers also keep adding new champions and just adding a 0 to the end of all their stat numbers.
azir is malzahar x 10. math checks out

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It was my 1 year anniversary of my civil union to J

happy anniversary! I am glad you have made a friend too.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

d

what video game should i be playing gulagdolls and how do i get free pizza at 2 am at night?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

bloodline champions was my favorite moba because it was basically a fighting game. probably accidental that it was any good as the devs proved themselves to be baboons later

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

PBS Newshour posted:

what video game should i be playing gulagdolls and how do i get free pizza at 2 am at night?

well ill tell you what you shouldn't be playing. dragon's dogma. that game is a freaking snooze fest.

i recommend playing 'master of magic,' a game where you buy unit, improve city, and cast spell.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BabeLiker90 posted:

Yeah there's a reason the go-to beginner's guide is called "welcome to dota, you suck."

The good news is that if you learn one moba the skills are highly transferable to others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

azir is malzahar x 10. math checks out

Man, malz is still my favourite. Back in the day when I didn't just play ARAMs, I used to main Malz.