Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009
This thread has made me realise that I haven't taken a pic of my ride in ages!

1989 Mazda Rx7 Turbo
Got it at 72k, now at 95
Pod filter, rotaflow exhaust, high flow turbo and just about to swap the ageing busted mazdaspeed coilovers for something semi decent.

It's missing paint, rusting in parts, constantly dirty, drinks petrol like a bitch and old people think it's a 944 from a distance. Still I bought it three years ago and it's been the best toy I've ever had the pleasure of playing with :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

awesome-express posted:

How and why?

Old mini's are small, light, simple, uncommon, and are wonderful to drive while new mini's are not as awesome in every aforementioned category.*

:toot:

* I still like new mini's too, and would want one if they were not meant for women in their 40's.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
I would love a turbo 6 speed mini.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

awesome-express posted:

How and why?

Because I said so!

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

MyushiVerSCOOTY posted:

1985 Cadillac ElDorado

where did you find a garage big enough to house that thing?

Blow Dog
Aug 14, 2004
no
Just bought another car. Sold the Focus for something more 'me'.

Just can't drive the drat thing because of the weather.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Blow Dog posted:

Haha, gently caress you. That's awesome.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Blow Dog posted:

Eh I guess that is a bit better than the focus. Congrats on the great car, good choice on the color.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Alright I guess I'm going to have to give in and go drive one of those things..

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I know the RS is one of those uber desirable cars but is it really worth it over a standard GT3?

Blow Dog
Aug 14, 2004
no

-Spiffy- posted:

I know the RS is one of those uber desirable cars but is it really worth it over a standard GT3?

Probably not. They are equally competent and both have their strengths. I bought this because it was a unique colour, VERY low mileage and excellent condition - the price was also a steal.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Blow Dog posted:

Probably not. They are equally competent and both have their strengths. I bought this because it was a unique colour, VERY low mileage and excellent condition - the price was also a steal.

Yeah that color loving owns. Would love more shots obviously =P

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Blow Dog posted:

That is such a cock tease of a photo too. Congrats.

and that is not a bad thing either

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Blow Dog posted:

So replaced torque steer with snap oversteer? :v:

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Blow Dog posted:

That is one of those cars that you'd love to be able to pass on to your kids...

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Finally got the new Volvo cleaned up and some parts installed. Still need to pull a couple of dents and take a clay bar to it. Spent a few hours cleaning each wheel and managed to destroy the scissor jack somehow, so ended up using the El Camino's jack to get it back on the ground. Someone stole my floor jack and haven't gotten around to replacing it...

1991 Volvo 940 Turbo
136k miles

Totally stock other than IPD sway bars, turbo timer, and the 960 tail lights.

edit

Mr. The Jeffers posted:

That's one of the best-kept 940s I've ever seen.

I got it a few weeks ago from the original owner and they had the maintenance manual filled out religiously at what I guess was their local Volvo dealership. It's been repainted, and not very well at that, but the interior is especially nice considering the age. I wish the wheels had been maintained, I spent hours on them this morning and the brake dust in the corners just isn't coming out.

Oh and he also had the window sticker and I'm planning on scanning it so I can store it. I'll host an image of it if anyone likes that kind of stuff (I do).

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jan 13, 2010

TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

That's one of the best-kept 940s I've ever seen.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Sterndotstern posted:

That is one of those cars that you'd love to be able to pass on to your kids... buried in.

It's a good day when you can sell a Focus and get that.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Blow Dog posted:

How on earth did you get that thing through that tiny door? :downsrim:

Also, please post more pictures of it please, preferrably ones where we can see the car properly. In color.

Not Clutch
Oct 21, 2008

by Ozma

DreamOn13 posted:

It's a good day when you can sell a Focus and get that.

Ford Focus RS.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Not Clutch posted:

Ford Focus RS.

It's a great car, but on the other end of this was a GT3 RS.

skidooer
Aug 6, 2001

Isbiten posted:

Bonus

I just bought this baby.

Yeticopter
Nov 19, 2004

Everybody's favorite urban legend, now airborne.

Hypnolobster posted:

Old mini's are small, light, simple, uncommon, and are wonderful to drive while new mini's are not as awesome in every aforementioned category.*

* I still like new mini's too, and would want one if they were not meant for women in their 40's.

I think my mini is pretty cool v:shobon:v

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

Yeticopter fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 14, 2010

Blow Dog
Aug 14, 2004
no

kimbo305 posted:

It's a great car, but on the other end of this was a GT3 RS.

The Focus RS was just a hoot-mobile. A stop gap between GT3's.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

Blow Dog posted:

Man, I am so jealous. After I get tired of the 997.2 I am getting one of those for sure.

MyushiVerSCOOTY
Jan 22, 2004

TheMadMilkman posted:

where did you find a garage big enough to house that thing?

the house i bought happens to have a fairly roomy garage, but the Caddy barely fits through the door. I'm afraid that one of these days I'm going to clip a mirror off or smash into the bit of wall between the garage doors.

MetalClawWolf
Jun 1, 2002

05' GTO. 400 horse LS2.

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes

Hypnolobster posted:

...I've come to really appreciate minis over the past year. I helped my girlfriend research and buy a 2007 MCS. We then went and did absurd exterior customizations to it (I am installing rally lights this weekend for her). Recently got her to take it to the track. Of course, this has made me want to find an old mini and turn it into a project. She named it "Meep".

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
You got her to lift a rear wheel?! That's incredibly awesome. Also hot

Suave
Jan 10, 2008
TGIF
Normally I would shun such an idea but those stars actually look pretty drat cool on the mini.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I hope I didn't sound too negative about the new Minis. To be honest, I love the gently caress out of them and I'd autocross the hell out of one.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

what the f/2.8 is going on here!
Here's is an updated combo of my vehicle \m/

The cold weather has not done it well, I guess my driving in the slippery conditions hasn't helped but having a rear wheel drive car with amazing handling tends to mean lower MPG....as in 16MPG :p

Mike_P
Aug 4, 2006

"I dunnoooow"
Just picked this up:

(dealer pictures)

2001 Nissan Maxima SE
75k miles
Bargained them down to $6700 from the original asking price of about $7800, after taxes, title and other miscellaneous fees it came to $7800 even. Really clean and well maintained, most of my friends don't believe its almost 10 years old. The 222hp VQ30 is miles ahead of the 175hp push rod 3400v6 in my old '00 Grand Am GT. I've put on over a hundred miles already and cant stop smiling when I drive it, it's the nicest (and most expensive) thing I've ever owned.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.
Bought this tonight. I went to buy toilet paper and came back 20mi later:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Great looking car - ditch the front plate, it's ugly.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Only a quick picture of it for now, 2005 with 84,000KMS on it, a lease return, got a pretty good deal on it and from driving it around tonight I'm quite happy.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

what the f/2.8 is going on here!

Mr.Peabody posted:

drat!
I test drove the C250 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport not too long ago, 204BHP, 500Nm from only a 2.1litre 4cyl engine, it was very very nice and in white too.

The silver suits these cars amazingly, I really do want one of these cars one day as they look the absolute balls, mean aggressive presence with the 18" wheels and unlike BMWs new E90 3 series it doesn't have any curvy softness to it - it reminds me of the mean aggressive look of the E46 sport but more modern.

What model is your one?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
I got this at the beginning of October.

'10 Fit Sport MT

It's an absolute blast to drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

mrk posted:

drat!
I test drove the C250 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport not too long ago, 204BHP, 500Nm from only a 2.1litre 4cyl engine, it was very very nice and in white too.

The silver suits these cars amazingly, I really do want one of these cars one day as they look the absolute balls, mean aggressive presence with the 18" wheels and unlike BMWs new E90 3 series it doesn't have any curvy softness to it - it reminds me of the mean aggressive look of the E46 sport but more modern.

What model is your one?

Mine is the US Spec, the Euro spec belongs to my landlady. I'm also not impressed with the visual styling of the BMW, they look like Amy Winehouse to me.