Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

You should ask for a cartwheel that doesn't shatter immersion by not moving you forward.

I can't askj for anything right now. I played my hand too early and superkawaii joins the ranks of banned accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

I can't askj for anything right now. I played my hand too early and superkawaii joins the ranks of banned accounts.

How did they catch you this time? Your like a villain on Scooby Goo, they have a weekly masking of Evilbillmurray.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

How did they catch you this time? Your like a villain on Scooby Goo, they have a weekly masking of Evilbillmurray.

When Joel said he missed me I couldn't not reply to him.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I figure they looked more closely when you wrote the "wow Joel is an rear end in a top hat" thing, other negative posters there try to be much less directly hostlile.

What did they hotfix, I wonder...

orcane fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 31, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

I figure they looked more closely when you wrote the "wow Joel is an rear end in a top hat" thing, other negative posters there try to be much less directly hostlile.

What did they hotfix, I wonder...

But I laugh at his being as rear end in a top hat most of the time. I was being honest that he made a joke at no ones expense that made me laugh.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Okay so they did change a few things, a lot of them not related to the events:

1.8 update notes posted:

General
•Increased the duration of the snare effect applied by Razor Wire.
•Fixed an issue that caused a visible seam to appear on character arms when wearing the Plague Doctor gloves with a long sleeved shirt.
•Fixed an issue that caused visible seams to appear on character legs when wearing the Plague Doctor leggings with certain boots.
•Fixed an issue that caused an errant texture to appear in front of a character's abdomen while wearing the Creepy Equine Mask and being in combat stance with fist weapons.

MIssions

Kingsmouth Town
•The Confession of Ellis Hill: Fixed a typo in the mission text.
•The Ghost of Jack-o-Lantern: All pumpkins are despawned when Jack dies.
•The Ghost of Jack-o-Lantern: Players can buy and carve new Jack-o-lanterns as often as they want while on the mission.

Savage Coast
•Spooky Stories of Solomon Island: Removed the cooldown from this mission.

Blue Mountain
•The Organ Smugglers: The mobs will now properly reset if players die during the ambush.
•The Organ Smugglers: Organ Harvesters/Mark Davies will no longer affect gear durability.

Scorched Desert
•The Prisoner: Removed an errant symbol in the subtitles during the final cinematic.
•Last Train to Cairo: Added missing lip movement to Saïd during the opening cinematic.

Besieged Farmlands
•The Gathering: Fixed some clipping issues with Cucuvea's hair during the mission cinematic.
•Deathless: Fixed some clipping issues with Cucuvea's hair during the mission cinematic.

Carpathian Fangs
•The Sound of Children: Fixed typos in the computer used during Tier 2 of this mission.

Dungeons
•Corrupted Agartha: Creatures in the nightmare version of the Filthy Agartha instance are harder again.
Bolded parts mine, free pumpkins for everyone. But the last line, :wtc: Funcom

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

Okay so they did change a few things, a lot of them not related to the events:

Bolded parts mine, free pumpkins for everyone. But the last line, :wtc: Funcom

But pumpkins were working as intended :psyduck:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
This game is amazingly fun, I'd put off trying it because it looked kind of meh, but its great and I actually enjoy playing it. I picked up the massive edition because I didn't realize there was a normal edition that was less expensive. Where do I find my plague doctor outfit?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Reason posted:

This game is amazingly fun, I'd put off trying it because it looked kind of meh, but its great and I actually enjoy playing it. I picked up the massive edition because I didn't realize there was a normal edition that was less expensive. Where do I find my plague doctor outfit?

It should be in the shop under claim items.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Depending on how they implemented that, the clothing items could also be in the "delivered items" window.

Edit: It's as I discussed with Rasheed the other night, the pumpkin vendor and knives/candles stay active now if you have the mission. Don't do that if you stockpiled pumpkins though: Everytime you create one, the game will remove one of each kind you already have in your inventory.

And at least one pubbie is reporting getting the bloody pumpkinhead from the (blue? green?) reward bags.

orcane fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 31, 2013

Jungle232
Sep 25, 2005
Anyone that could offer a buddy pass? Two passes would be great I have a friend that is also a goon that would enjoy trying this game out.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jungle232 posted:

Anyone that could offer a buddy pass? Two passes would be great I have a friend that is also a goon that would enjoy trying this game out.
code:
U3NUXS3NJQG3JRVLQ4BN
8Y82ABMFL8WDJ6HEBFFN
Register here: http://register.thesecretworld.com/
Download patcher here: http://cdn.funcom.com/tsw/live/setup.exe

orcane fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 31, 2013

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I got the massive edition, and the plague doctor costume is not available in claim items.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Try typing /delivereditems into chat. Otherwise, see if you can find the Plague Doctor outfit ANYWHERE in the store, and maybe there will be a claim button?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Fun Fact, if you right-click the chat window and drag, you can scroll up/down. Less clumsy than using pgup/pgdn.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Preechr posted:

I got the massive edition, and the plague doctor costume is not available in claim items.
From what I've read, the plague doctor outfit is a code you find in Steam. When you right click The Secret World in Steam, it should be under View CD Key I think? And then you enter it in your account on thesecretworld.com

edit: Also the loot table for the green bags of trick or treat has been fixed. Just got the bloody pumpkinhead and the achievement, as well as a bunch of glamours.

Zephonith fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 1, 2013

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Zephonith posted:

From what I've read, the plague doctor outfit is a code you find in Steam. When you right click The Secret World in Steam, it should be under View CD Key I think? And then you enter it in your account on thesecretworld.com

edit: Also the loot table for the green bags of trick or treat has been fixed. Just got the bloody pumpkinhead and the achievement, as well as a bunch of glamours.
Yeah but the RNG and loot table is still atrocious. I opened a ton of green (and blue, and purple) bags yesterday, including the 20 Rasheed paid me so I don't roll on his purple cat, and except for three green signets it was all candy, fireworks and two glamours.

And 4 of the brown handwrap things. Yep, they're not unique so now you'll get them over and over again. It's not enough there are downright useless (severed feet) and borderline useless (candy) items clogging up the loot table, we also needed an item that is of precisely zero use because you can't trade clothing and you can only use it once.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

orcane posted:

It's not enough there are downright useless (severed feet)

They missed an opportunity by not putting a Severed Hand in the blue bags.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Cleretic posted:

They missed an opportunity by not putting a Severed Hand in the blue bags.

gently caress you don't give them ideas.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

guppy posted:

gently caress you don't give them ideas.

Let's build on the bad idea. Funcom is playing the long game. 2012 and 2013 are giving feet, 2014 and 2015 hands, 2016 a torso and 2017 the head. Then you craft it and get a pet.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Got started last night, the game is still as cool as beta was. I am close to getting the Commando deck. Couple of questions because navigating wikis is a bitch to get the right info:

1. How do I get that swell Templar outfit?
2. How many decks should I be working on through a regular playthrough?
3. How long do I have to do this Halloween mission? It wants me to go to zones I haven't gone to yet.
4. How do I raise my sprint skill :(

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
You get faction uniforms and the ability to buy sprint upgrades by increasing your faction rank.
Your rank is raised by just gaining xp normally. You can view your ranks, what they get you, and how much xp you need for the next one by pressing C and clicking on Faction Rank.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

alg posted:

Got started last night, the game is still as cool as beta was. I am close to getting the Commando deck. Couple of questions because navigating wikis is a bitch to get the right info:

Faction ranks and/or completing fancy decks.

alg posted:

One or two is fine, but keep in mind the 'official' ones (that you get outfits for) are kind of garbage - they do have some synergy, but come nowhere near their potential. Tap into your inner sperg to decide what skills to get instead.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

alg posted:

3. How long do I have to do this Halloween mission? It wants me to go to zones I haven't gone to yet.

November 8th is when it ends.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

alg posted:

4. How do I raise my sprint skill :(
The premade decks give you some ideas for synergies but they're not good. The builds must have worked in beta, but after so many changes to abilities and mobs they just make you waste AP on expensive, bad to average abilities. I'd get a good base build first (or several), then go for decks for the clothes eventually.

There's an exception to this: Going for inner wheel decks still won't give you good builds. But getting the whole inner wheel unlocked is relatively cheap, gives you access to some basic passives and unlocks the outer wheel for every other weapon in case you need a passive from there. It also gives you clothes.

You have another week to finish the halloween missions and you probably won't be able to solo them for a while. You can do them all in a group though so just hop on Mumble and ask for help if you want to get your halloween candy bags/filth kitten/Samedi clothes.

orcane fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 1, 2013

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
What's the drop rate like for the cat? Do I hate myself enough to grind it out or should I not bother? My self-hate is pretty low and there's no way I'd spend more than a couple hours on it at the very most.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
We got two drops yesterday in nine or ten runs, but that seemed lucky. The main problem is competition, especially with pubbies - in a group of 5, you can run the dungeon 5 times every 6 hours, and if everyone is going to roll on it you might see it drop a few times and still keep losing.

orcane fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 1, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

guppy posted:

What's the drop rate like for the cat? Do I hate myself enough to grind it out or should I not bother? My self-hate is pretty low and there's no way I'd spend more than a couple hours on it at the very most.

It's pretty poo poo but I would be willing to suffer through more runs for people.

Citizen Kane 13
Apr 2, 2011

Service Guarantees Citizenship

Would you like to know more?

orcane posted:

We got two drops yesterday in nine or ten runs, but that seemed lucky. The main problem is competition, especially with pubbies - in a group of 5, you can run the dungeon 5 times every 6 hours, and if everyone is going to roll on it you might see it drop a few times and still keep losing.

You can also Farm the Catgod Nightmare with an 'officially approved' exploit (or at least that's what the forums say). You'll need to run with at least one other person, though.

1. One person grab the Nightmare mission
2. Everyone enter the mission
3. Person with mission leave
4. Person with mission grab normal mission
5. Person outside Meet Up with whoever is inside Nightmare.
6. Beat the poo poo out of Irusan
7a. Wash
7b. Rinse
7c. Repeat

Congratulations, you now don't have to worry about cooldown with a (supposedly) Dev approved exploit.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The site in the OP doesn't work for me, how do I play with goons now?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Reason posted:

FAQ (2nd) post: Mumble and /chat join awful

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Reason posted:

Which site, links I tried all still work. The Enjin site has random hiccups from time to time and goes offline for no reason.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Item of the month is a Day of the Dead mask. Which is pretty cool, if pretty much immediately out of season.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I haven't really touched this since launch, and while I enjoyed it other things came up. How has it come along since then? Is there a lot of people still playing?

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

Berke Negri posted:

I haven't really touched this since launch, and while I enjoyed it other things came up. How has it come along since then? Is there a lot of people still playing?

Since then there have been a number of content releases, most of which are pretty interesting though some have their flaws. Some launch bugs are still there, some new ones have replaced the ones that were fixed and the playerbase is solid though there is an increase in volume during issue releases.

Issue 8 should be out next week, hopefully the scenarios won't be awful by then.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
As a few people said on Mumble lately, whenever Funcom adds content it's generally good. Whenever they change the game otherwise, they make it worse though. That's oversimplified but in true Funcom fashion they often fix exploits and bugs and try to rebalance overused abilities which made some of their terrible design decisions bearable but they never fix the bad design which made the exploits and cookie-cutter specs necessary. So especially veteran players get annoyed and stop playing outside of special events, raids and new issues. I mean, some of us rather play STO than TSW most of the time :haw:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Speaking of specs, I really liked the story so I'll probably just make a new character because I don't remember what the hell is going on (Dinah Washington sings to Cthulhu?) where my character currently is. What would be a good starting out weapon set up? I used assault rifles before which seemed pretty generalist.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

Speaking of specs, I really liked the story so I'll probably just make a new character because I don't remember what the hell is going on (Dinah Washington sings to Cthulhu?) where my character currently is. What would be a good starting out weapon set up? I used assault rifles before which seemed pretty generalist.

Any weapon combination can be used for the single player content, use whatever two appeal to your inner bee-god.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I spent bullion. Let's get back into running dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

I spent bullion. Let's get back into running dungeons.

What did you spend 2k worth of bullion on? PVP gear?

• Locked thread