Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Lord Ephraim posted:

Lyrial, Celestial Archer and Dark Conjurer does the same thing as Playful does but with more stats. Powercreeeep~

No Wave posted:

Playful necro still sees play in some aggro shadow lists and if she was a 4/5 evolved she'd be in every list IMO

I don't think you can compare what one card does to what two cards combined do

As somebody who exclusively plays aggro shadow and is bad at the game, Playful Necromancer remains one of the best cards in my deck and has been invaluable for nearly every game. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I still use Playful Necromancer as removal in a control Shadow deck. I don't like the unreliability of Necroassassin. And hey, you can kill 2 bats with it.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Seraph cruised me to C0 but now im facing endless Daria.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Man, T2 can be fun and all, but sometimes it just screws you over with the deck building and pits you against endless Lunas and swordcraft Knight lady. At least I got a power creeped Fafnir from one of the consolation packs.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I can imagine board states where Fafnir is probably better than Bahumut but they're pretty corner case. I'm thinking of just trying to run ramp dragon with 2x Bahumut and 1x Fafnir while I try to get my third.

Shadow aggro has been pushing my poo poo in the last couple days while I try to play Blood Aggro/Storm Dragon/Neph Shadow in B2. I still haven't come across any Darias in quite a while, which is a relief.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I can imagine board states where Fafnir is probably better than Bahumut but they're pretty corner case. I'm thinking of just trying to run ramp dragon with 2x Bahumut and 1x Fafnir while I try to get my third.

Shadow aggro has been pushing my poo poo in the last couple days while I try to play Blood Aggro/Storm Dragon/Neph Shadow in B2. I still haven't come across any Darias in quite a while, which is a relief.

I've personally had a few encounters with Bahamut that ended with me winning the game entirely because of their play. Make sure not to throw down Bahamut into a field full of last word amulets, especially if one of them is Seraph.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Has anyone else tried playing and tinkering with a dshift daria hybrid deck?

Supposedly it's real good buuuttttt I dunno, this is the list I'm using right now

The concept is less of daria with dshift but a dshift deck that doesn't want to auto lose to aggro decks. I've played less than ten games with it so I'm wondering if anyone else here tried with the concept more. One thing I'm certain tho is that you don't need 3 of darias.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Has anyone else tried playing and tinkering with a dshift daria hybrid deck?

Supposedly it's real good buuuttttt I dunno, this is the list I'm using right now

The concept is less of daria with dshift but a dshift deck that doesn't want to auto lose to aggro decks. I've played less than ten games with it so I'm wondering if anyone else here tried with the concept more. One thing I'm certain tho is that you don't need 3 of darias.
Game-ai was pushing it for a while but it never actually seemed to work for anyone. None of the serious D-shift tryhards who stream were ever playing it to rank up. The issue is that without Craig, Clark, and Emmylou it's not actually better against aggro than normal D-shift, and Daria is so much worse than Flame Destroyer in so many situations that it ends up not being a net win.

You do get a few cool moments every few games where you d-shift, then Daria into some sort of lethal set up, but it's not enough imo.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I don't see how that could possibly work, you have like half the creatures of a real daria deck and none of the finishing dshift power from the 7/7 golems, you dont have the minion boosts to get daria out fast for early board presence, and you sure the gently caress don't want to build spellboost on your dshift all game then toss it out the window with daria

I can't even see what the ideal scenario for this deck is, let alone the lovely draws where you can't do anything

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Conversely, have people had any luck running Flame Destroyers in Daria decks? Every time I've run into it I've usually won

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I've tried it a few times, took out emmylous for flame destroyers, haven't played around with it enough for a real opinion tho

And gently caress I forgot it's maintenance, loving maintenance on a sunday for the rest of the world smdfh. I was going to spend the day playing the dshift daria deck and seeing if it's legit.

Indecisive posted:

I don't see how that could possibly work, you have like half the creatures of a real daria deck and none of the finishing dshift power from the 7/7 golems, you dont have the minion boosts to get daria out fast for early board presence, and you sure the gently caress don't want to build spellboost on your dshift all game then toss it out the window with daria

I can't even see what the ideal scenario for this deck is, let alone the lovely draws where you can't do anything

it's a weird deck to pilot and bad draws that's for sure. Already had a game last night where I had a dshift and daria ready and then two more dshifts in hand but I literally couldn't do anything with them for a few turns because I sure as hell wasn't going to hail mary the daria to throw away the other two dshifts when I was no where close to lethal. And then I had a game with dshift and three darias in hand and I was just groaning and wondering why they weren't just three flame destroyers instead

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Conversely, have people had any luck running Flame Destroyers in Daria decks? Every time I've run into it I've usually won

no you dont run destroyers in daria they are too clunky

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Meh, a Daria-fetched flame destroyer is a mere 5-mana 7/7. Thrall would laugh at that piece of poo poo.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Speaking of flame destroyers

Good stuff Daria, however you aren't the only card drawer around these parts :getin:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Speaking of flame destroyers

Good stuff Daria, however you aren't the only card drawer around these parts :getin:
Aren't you off by 2?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah that's why I have to hope to be able to get another altered fate from the 7 cards that is gonna get draw

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Did you get it?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah ez game ez life

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

I'm glad friend, but that dragon deck seems kinda inconsistent? Like you need things to go right and then get the right card off an altered fate to actually win. Do you have a decent winrate with it or is just a funhaving deck?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It's definitely a funhaver deck and I like it alot but it's also the deck I'm using now my dragon dailies. In fact IMO it is probably the best budget dragon deck right now for Forte-nonhavers like myself. From the list on gamepress I replaced the dragon emissary with trail of lights and forte with seabrand

It's really similar to pure roach combo. The plus sides are:
The 2 damage removal is 1pp instead of 2
The aoe removal is much more flexible, being 3 damage for 2pp or 2 aoe for 6pp
The finisher (dragonnewt+altered fate) ignores wards
Dragon warrior is still really, really good
It's better vs control

The negative sides are:
The 3pp ward can't deal chip damage without wasting an evolve
Only 3 1 drops means you basically never get any chip damage in the first three turns, and you also mulligan the ivory dragon away if you're going 2nd unless you're against blood
While the chances for drawing dragonnewt is the same as roach for roach decks, unlike roach decks where you might need a bounce card, you NEED an altered fate for this combo to work
You also need to pray if you want to OTK for full 20 health
ON average it takes about one turn longer to end the game, making the deck more susceptible to aggro decks

The deck feels pretty neat, if the meta is slowing down and has more control decks and decks with wards and less aggro decks then you should give this a try

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

http://imgur.com/a/cYXkU

It's all skill (or lack of)

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Why didn't you draw 5 cards and make 2 of them free? It's pretty easy you know

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

What? I just used eyfa and went face. I'm saying he misplayed by not getting rid one of the dragonnewts with his flame destroyer even though he would have lethal anyway

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

To be fair, you had to have exactly Eyfa. There are zero other Dragon cards you can expect to come out after turn 5 that can do 4+ damage from hand, especially not one that's a 3-of in every dragon deck.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Believe it or not but tournament dragons have been cutting Forte in order to focus entirely on ramp and defense on the early-mid game and fatsos in the end. Forte is just too cheaply removed and there are too many wards anyways.

It works pretty well and they have been spanking Daria and other non-seraph decks. Goblinmounts or die vs roach, of course.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

trucutru posted:

Believe it or not but tournament dragons have been cutting Forte in order to focus entirely on ramp and defense on the early-mid game and fatsos in the end. Forte is just too cheaply removed and there are too many wards anyways.

It works pretty well and they have been spanking Daria and other non-seraph decks. Goblinmounts or die vs roach, of course.
Please provide evidence that it works pretty well, as far as I can tell Dragoncraft is in the dumpster everywhere

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

Please provide evidence that it works pretty well, as far as I can tell Dragoncraft is in the dumpster everywhere

Check some JP tourneys. For instance, this one https://www.twitch.tv/videos/117841086 has dragon wins on the latter half (and maybe the first half too, I didn't watch that).

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

What deck type should I make first? Still finishing the story on some characters, so I still have some packs coming in, but current legendaries are...

Albert, Levin Saber
Sahaquiel
Dark Angel Olivia
Prince of Darkness
Bahamut
Daria, Dimensional Witch
2x White Wolf of Eldwood
Fairy Princess

Since I have so many neutrals, I don't know what craft to base my deck around.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The golden standard for starter deck right now is aggro blood. If you want your first deck to actually use a legendary you have than your first deck should be aggro sword. Don't worry about crafting the other two alberts right now for it.

If you want to use the neutral legendaries for a deck then it's probably gonna be either a very budget and probably not very good neutralcraft sword or neutralcraft dragon, but you really need breath of the salamander for neutralcraft dragon so if you didn't draw them yet than play around with neutralcraft sword. Don't spend vials for it though, focus on the non legendaries in sword aggro first

Depending on your haven gold cards you might also be able to make a budget control haven deck

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 30, 2017

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

with this latest update the mobile icon was changed from the tough & hot dragon boy to the meek waif elfgirl. who do i write to complain about this

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Awesome change. Rowen looked beefy but he was an anxious wuss

Plus Forestcraft is the best craft and will always be tier 1, the devs will ensure that

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

obviously it should be Urius so we can still have a beef cake on it but who also has a good deck

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Wangsbig posted:

with this latest update the mobile icon was changed from the tough & hot dragon boy to the meek waif elfgirl. who do i write to complain about this

There's a hell of a lot of marketing data about how "fantasy male hero" has the widest demographic reach in western markets, but Cygames is notable as a company that Gives No Shits (see:full granblue translation despite no international distribution) and they probably realized they could attract a core demographic faster w/ LIL ANIME GIRL instead.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Arisa's also more or less the MC of the story mode

Putting her as the icon is pretty fair and representative of the game in general, she's pretty well liked

But I do get concerned a bit that an outsized portion of people who filled out the survey said that they're anime fanatics who will quit the game if they censor charlotte's pantsu

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

hell, guess I'm in the minority here but I like a beefy dragon boy on the home screen of my samsung galaxy s3. a thick meat man, like myself. just looking into his steely gaze gets me PUMPED UP and ready to play a card game against japanese children

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Robert McDragon is kind of a boring person though. Well, most of them are.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

He can't even say hello properly. He is a bad head for your deck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The token maid added for RoB, swordwhip maid, was pretty off-flavor tbh (though the art is very shadowversey). Not up to the standard of Gunner maid seria.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

they really need to step it up with the maids, how am I ever going to play an all-maid sword deck at this rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Next sword legendary will be a maid, calling it now

• Locked thread