Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

b-minus1 posted:

I can’t believe you guys lunched me :(

Gg everyone. Thanks Echo for another entertaining game
Yea I was not pleased with that outcome but a l a s

Town had a lot of correct reads but a hard time consolidating them when it mattered. Luckily in the end it worked out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

MisterJed posted:

That was great, thanks Ecco, and thanks town for not murdering me the other day

Thanks for giving me the crown/necklace! I think I made that most out of both them

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

yuming posted:

Yea I was not pleased with that outcome but a l a s

Town had a lot of correct reads but a hard time consolidating them when it mattered. Luckily in the end it worked out!

The last day or two in this thread had some odd ideas.

Thank you Ecco! This was a lot of fun!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It was a good lesson in not getting sucked into what the setup could be or even what the results actually were when there was often so much of the picture missing. The best reads I had were based on player interactions, but it was easy to wander away getting stuck on some crazy idea.

I wish I would've used the watcher glasses again but I was too chicken: I thought they would kill me.

Thanks Hawke for not killing me btw I'm glad I got to keep playing. And sorry for killing merk !

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Having to protect a VIP who does not share your win condition (or at least have a good overlap with it) is no good IMO. If we had known we could lunch Jed without losing the game we probably would have done so early on, Jed would have been an easier push than, say, binus or most of the other town mislunches. Outside of that, fun, chill game compared to some of the other games that have happened recently so I'm glad we all got through it in (relative) peace.

Getting vigged while I was in the middle of some training is about what I deserved, I think!

Scumchat: https://discord.gg/JGSM3jZ

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Yeah lunching merk was a head scratcher moment especially after he pushed hard for the lxt kill. Thankfully it was early in the game.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

GG yall that was a blast!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Jed seemed to start out a bit evil by using the emerald but overall it seemed like he was playing pro-town so that is tricky for scum.

SNG you were such a cute, new scum! I didn't want to believe you were scum since your play felt so innocent, ha.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

thanks for the game ecco it was a real fun read

finally got to kill someone w a vig in mafia ty mona

I think this is a fitting end to the saga that started so long ago in DBZ 2. :v:

Also:

quote:

----- THE EMERALD OF AGES (kills user)

:madmax:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I was disappointed how genre savvy you all were with the items, many killed you eventually and I wanted more people to die but you all saw through my CUNNING RUSES. :(

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That last day would have been a great opportunity for the Jed! meme

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
GG, sorry b-. Lol.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

currently accepting congratulations on my fantastic town game

quote:

Monathin12/05/2020
god yeah we should've killed pmom earlier
pmom's got this entire game solved p much

sandnavyguy12/05/2020
Yeah pmoms a basically confirmed town with some solid cum cases

quote:

Monathin11/05/2020
though I think we need to kill pmom tonight
getting too close to the truth, imo

appreciate the congrats

quote:

Moatillata05/05/2020
I always thought [Fisk] andnpmom knew each other irl

rebecco05/05/2020
he is not auspol, they are friends irl because of mafia

fact check: we are not friends because of mafia

EccoRaven posted:

I was disappointed how genre savvy you all were with the items, many killed you eventually and I wanted more people to die but you all saw through my CUNNING RUSES. :(
Hey genry-savvy got me killed because I didn't want to use my sword two nights in a row but was only targeted the second night
(unless protection expired on the first night i used it....)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EccoRaven posted:

As soon as I saw the emerald I made sure to run to scumchat and say "this is bad don't mess with it". Gaqqu was 2 years ago but for whatever reason that tidbit of Ecco Game Lore stuck with me.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

yuming posted:

SNG you were such a cute, new scum! I didn't want to believe you were scum since your play felt so innocent, ha.

Thanks! It was fun trying to spin tales, but don’t worry I assure you I’ll be town next time :sun:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

My personal comments on the setup:

- A miller cop is really frustrating to scum, because by the time Somb was revealed to be a cop it was far, far too late for us to do anything about it.

- There was way, way, way too many protection effects in this game for the non-SK setup version. I would actually love to play the SK version one of these days but I agree with slord that if we had known we could just engage FREE FOR ALL mode we would've just cut our losses with Jed and been done with it because he single-handedly hosed up our entire gameplay multiple times.

- Scum doc felt like a booby trap role designed to lull scum into a false sense of security about there not being a doc on town side, especially with the fact that there was no other nightkill roles outside of ourselves. I love your games Ecco but giving the informed minority a booby trap role is poor form!!! Shame!!!!!

- As you'll see in the scumchat myself, Moat and slord all got hit by various levels of RL problems so that contributed heavily to the scum team spiral. Rip.

Overall I actually did have fun overall, I just wish we didn't get rolled so hard once town got going.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I know yall circled back around to Mona in the end, but I'm glad Somber made the "Eh it was D2 who cares?" argument about letting Soda die. I unironically believe that to be true, but I did not think anyone would believe the argument coming from me.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pinterest Mom posted:

fact check: we are not friends because of mafia

malarkey......

quote:

Hey genry-savvy got me killed because I didn't want to use my sword two nights in a row but was only targeted the second night
(unless protection expired on the first night i used it....)

The flavour would have implied heavily on the second night that it didn't work anymore - no more magickal glowy.

Monathin posted:

I love your games Ecco but giving the informed minority a booby trap role is poor form!!! Shame!!!!!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:arghfist:Ecco icing me out of scumchat for my innocuous and humorous comments :arghfist:

Fun game thanks ecco. I blame myself for our loss and now I must fade back into relative obscurity because my non quarantined life is not conducive to mafs

Great game it was fun playing with y'all

Also we should have murdered Jed ourselves because 6 serial killers would have been :krad:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

chaoslord posted:

As soon as I saw the emerald I made sure to run to scumchat and say "this is bad don't mess with it". Gaqqu was 2 years ago but for whatever reason that tidbit of Ecco Game Lore stuck with me.

Your fun Eccogame Trivia: Of the people who are in this game who also played in Gaqqu (myself, slord, Moat, birb, b-, AS) four of those (binus, Moat, slord, myself) were on the SUB TEAM SEVEN minigame, and the only one of those four who wasn't scum this game was the scum in the sub team seven minigame!

Makes you :thunk:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also now I must post this

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moatillata posted:

Also we should have murdered Jed ourselves because 6 serial killers would have been :krad:

:agreed:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Monathin posted:

I think this is a fitting end to the saga that started so long ago in DBZ 2. :v:

i suppose we've both shot me now so why not : )

EccoRaven posted:

up until it mattered anyway whoops lol

chaoslord posted:

I know yall circled back around to Mona in the end, but I'm glad Somber made the "Eh it was D2 who cares?" argument about letting Soda die. I unironically believe that to be true, but I did not think anyone would believe the argument coming from me.

yuming was right!

about alot this game actually

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I would execute binus a thousand times more, I regret nothing. They made no effort to play. It felt like pulling teeth to get anyone to talk really.

Feels like I was more convincing than accurate, I really only called ixt and gamer. Being able to deflect attention from Yuming and Toal was helpful. Probably relied on results too much but we had plenty of room to do so.

This was fun! Thanks Ecco.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Somberbrero posted:

I would execute binus a thousand times more, I regret nothing. They made no effort to play. It felt like pulling teeth to get anyone to talk really.

Lol ok dude. This is such bs

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Atomic Soda posted:

yuming was right!

That's my point. Yuming was right that mona was scum, but I think her hanging on letting you die as a big reason for that is, IMO, wrong. There are very few reasons, as town or scum, I would speak up to prevent someones death on D2 at the cost of revealing my role. Obviously mona's role was scum, but I would be shocked if there is a huge mass of town players that would have played it differently than Mona did. But maybe I'm in the minority on that.

But, I couldn't say that because no one else would have listened, so I'm glad someone did.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Feels like I was more convincing than accurate, I really only called ixt and gamer. Being able to deflect attention from Yuming and Toal was helpful. Probably relied on results too much but we had plenty of room to do so.

This was fun! Thanks Ecco.

Yeah I also agree with this.

b-minus1 posted:

Eeeeh I was getting the same feeling, tbh. Which is why I participated.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
As town I would never make a trap gun and would probably drop very few guns tbqh. The whole perspective behind how Mona used role seemed to be maximum chaos and that was scummy to me. Also to address AS directly about the item knowing she was gonna die if she used it just felt ~evil~ ya know

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

yuming posted:

As town I would never make a trap gun and would probably drop very few guns tbqh. The whole perspective behind how Mona used role seemed to be maximum chaos and that was scummy to me. Also to address AS directly about the item knowing she was gonna die if she used it just felt ~evil~ ya know

Yeah iirc at the time it was delivering town reads of her too while waiting for her to selfvig hahaha

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

yuming posted:

I deliberately avoided bringing up the gun until AS mentioned it! For this very reason!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah iirc at the time it was delivering town reads of her too while waiting for her to selfvig hahaha

hahaha yea you right tho

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
tbh when I made the setup I never expected almost every daykill to target scum, I counted those as assured town deaths in my head. that was probably the most wild part of the game from my mod perspective.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

chaoslord posted:

That's my point. Yuming was right that mona was scum, but I think her hanging on letting you die as a big reason for that is, IMO, wrong. There are very few reasons, as town or scum, I would speak up to prevent someones death on D2 at the cost of revealing my role. Obviously mona's role was scum, but I would be shocked if there is a huge mass of town players that would have played it differently than Mona did. But maybe I'm in the minority on that.

But, I couldn't say that because no one else would have listened, so I'm glad someone did.

nah i mean the posts he made around it were scummy, the ones yuming posted. plus the fact he made a trap gun n1.

agree w you mona would let me die either way...

Monathin posted:

hahaha yea you right tho

ok its back on now!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I also agree with this.

Eeeeh I was getting the same feeling, tbh. Which is why I participated.
Well; alright then. That’s upsetting to know because I just read through my posts and I really don’t know what I would change about how I played. I felt like I was engaged all game, I repeatedly provided my town and scum picks. I was also on most and sng early I tunneled hard on pmom and then gamer, thst was probably my biggest mistake. On the day that I died I wanted to lunch chaoslord based on his scummy posts even though I did believe he was godfather. You guys also killed me after I said I wouldn’t be available to participate. Not sure what else you all wanted from me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

Looking back through your posts I'm not exactly right. You were pretty active at one point and then dropped off hard. Sorry for the mischaracterization, dunno why I was so frustrated with you in particular.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

b-minus1 posted:

Well; alright then. That’s upsetting to know because I just read through my posts and I really don’t know what I would change about how I played. I felt like I was engaged all game, I repeatedly provided my town and scum picks. I was also on most and sng early I tunneled hard on pmom and then gamer, thst was probably my biggest mistake. On the day that I died I wanted to lunch chaoslord based on his scummy posts even though I did believe he was godfather. You guys also killed me after I said I wouldn’t be available to participate. Not sure what else you all wanted from me.
I quoted the post where you said you’d be gone but the momentum didn’t change.

Town gonna be stubborn!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Moatillata posted:

Also now I must post this

Jed!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ecco let me know the emerald was in this game and that the first person to get it was clearly not aware of it's history. I was ready for hilarity to ensue.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

ok its back on now!

AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.