Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Avocado Wolfe posted:

"The reason the oceans are salty is to hold the water onto the Earth. If that didn't happen, the water would levitate right off the Earth and that would be the end of it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Some gems from his Wikipedia page:
Mushrooms
According to Wolfe, he believes that mushrooms have an "advanced intelligence and consciousness". He has stated that mushroom spores can "levitate off the planet" and believes they are trying to "get to the center of the sun". He has stated that mushroom spores originally came from "distant planets" and were "carried by cosmic winds or meteors into the Earth's atmosphere", stating "the preliminary work develops as the mushroom mycelium sets itself up to network and nourish multi-celled carbohydrate-forming organisms". He has also stated that the mushrooms that grow in trees are "medicinal mushrooms".

uh arent tree mushrooms all poison? or does he mean in a rotting log?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Just in case you missed it: David Avocado Wolfe is insane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv4wRtURwZw

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

OH MY GOD that guy was the nudist on Mad Mad House! Had no idea he was that level of insane, too.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

So Earth Mushrooms are baby Orcs from 40k. Gotcha.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

I

Wh

What? I don't know how to even begin to parse that sentence :psyduck:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

10 commandments poo poo.

At least he realizes he is a loving relic that will die out and describes himself as a neanderthal.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Mushrooms 
According to Wolfe, he believes that mushrooms have an "advanced intelligence and consciousness". He has stated that mushroom spores can "levitate off the planet" and believes they are trying to "get to the center of the sun". He has stated that mushroom spores originally came from "distant planets" and were "carried by cosmic winds or meteors into the Earth's atmosphere", stating "the preliminary work develops as the mushroom mycelium sets itself up to network and nourish multi-celled carbohydrate-forming organisms". He has also stated that the mushrooms that grow in trees are "medicinal mushrooms". 

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

At least he realizes he is a loving relic that will die out and describes himself as a neanderthal.
These were my favorite sort of fathers when I was a shithead high school boy. They broadcast loud and clear "daddy issues have turned this guy's daughters into sluts".

Boy howdy though taking a look at his other books sure is a trip. This man is hardcore insecure in his own masculinity.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

His goatee harbors ork embryos.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
With the "petroleum in our children's food" bs they're probably conflating hydrocarbons in the body with industrial hydrocarbons - of course oranges contain them, everything organic does. Fats and Oils are chains of hydrocarbons, as are some amino acids so in some ways proteins can be thrown on that group too. THey're getting CH3(CH2)2COOH (Butyric acid) conflated with CH3CH2OH (Ethanol) and panicking thinking they're all the same thing as C4H8 (Butene) as well.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 11:12 on Dec 6, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I deep fry all my food in Vasoline™.

Fake edit: the mere thought that someone has actually done this is actually making me feel slightly nauseous.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

In reality all the water we drink is just super potent dinosaur piss.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Good ol' viking nationalism.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

1stGear posted:

white-nationalist-not-white-supremacist

This is the ephebophilia of racism.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

BigglesSWE posted:

Good ol' viking nationalism.

I am conflicted about this. It's really racist but also makes fun of racism and anti immigration stuff

(oh God, you got that from 9gag)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Turns out Somalis are the most volkisch

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 13:27 on Dec 6, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

they want to impose it on everyone else...

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
That last paragraph was written by a Christian with zero self-awareness.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Does anyone actually believe in the "war on christmas"?

After all, this conservative fairy tale of "Liberals want to destroy christmas" has been going on for at least a decade or two, which never had existed outside of their own heads and the kind of creepy urban tales that conservatives whisper to each other beneath the christmas tree. Yet, even there is no substance to any of that, they still go on and on and on about it.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
If the War on Christmas means I never have to loving hear Jingle Bell Rock or that loving awful Paul McCartney Christmas song ever again then please sign me up right now

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I'm sure people do but I doubt Ken Ham is one of them. This is his bread and butter, so he has to sell that narrative.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Ibogaine posted:

After all, this conservative fairy tale of "Liberals want to destroy christmas" has been going on for at least a decade or two, which never had existed outside of their own heads and the kind of creepy urban tales that conservatives whisper to each other beneath the christmas tree. Yet, even there is no substance to any of that, they still go on and on and on about it.

Enough people believe all this poo poo for it not to matter if it's true or not (brexit/trump etc).

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

goose willis posted:

If the War on Christmas means I never have to loving hear Jingle Bell Rock or that loving awful Paul McCartney Christmas song ever again then please sign me up right now

Those are bad, but nothing drives me as insane as Run Run Rudolph. I can't even pinpoint why, the second it starts I get slammed with a feeling of nausea and hate.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Jippa posted:

Enough people believe all this poo poo for it not to matter if it's true or not (brexit/trump etc).

You're probably right, but somehow I find it easier to accept that people would believe in some yet unproven future event, such as Jesus returning, Trump making America great again or Brexit leading to a rebirth of the British empire. Just like somebody who makes a bad choice might convince himself that the ultimate outcome will be good (I'll have one more chocolate but tomorrow I will start my diet and look like a movie star afterwards; Nothing bad will happen if I let my toddler play with a loaded handgun, etc.).

But this war on christmas is so entirely mythical and yet you should be able to actually see it happening around you if it was real that it blows my mind. They might as well be convinced that there is a fire breathing dragon living in their front yard, and while there is naturally none, they heard so much hearsay about it that they convinced themselves that, yes, actually they DID see it with their own eyes on several occasions.

Oh, and:

Danaru posted:

Those are bad, but nothing drives me as insane as Run Run Rudolph. I can't even pinpoint why, the second it starts I get slammed with a feeling of nausea and hate.

George Michael's "Last Christmas" is an atrocity. It really makes me angry and nauseous.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wi9kvO2zL2E

If it ain't Bruce on Christmas then I'm not having it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ibogaine posted:

That Joe Walsh guy (the ex-congressman, not the guitarist) is my favorite about it. Especially when he tweeted that Jesus would say Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays. Because Jesus was the type to say "Happy My Birthday."

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

This world sucks. Jesus seemed like a pretty cool dude, regardless of his status as divine or not. So of course people are gonna be lovely in his name.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

BigglesSWE posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wi9kvO2zL2E

If it ain't Bruce on Christmas then I'm not having it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ94M_XHarI

My entire family hates it. I can't get enough of it. The best Christmas song you'll never hear in any American store. :D

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The only thing worse than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjQzJAKxTrE

is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w7jyVHocTk

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

December 25th was the birthday of the Roman God of the Sun.

"Nor is it [the Nativity] included in the feasts recognized by Tertullian (On Baptism, XIX), who, writing in the last years of the second century AD, admonished Christians not to partake in the Saturnalia, or gift-giving at the New Year or midwinter, or "an idol's birthday" when "every pomp of the devil is frequented" (On Idolatry, X)."

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

I forgot about that one. Agreed. It really is as horrible as

https://youtu.be/E8gmARGvPlI

(I know I shouldn't have sommented on it).

Edit: I wonder which song is worse: "Do They Know It's Christmas Time" with Bono wailing

quote:

Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you
And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime

Or "We Are The World" with

quote:

Send them your heart so they'll know that someone cares
And their lives will be stronger and free

Personally, I think "Do They Know" manages to be worse.

Ibogaine has a new favorite as of 15:23 on Dec 6, 2016

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

With the "petroleum in our children's food" bs they're probably conflating hydrocarbons in the body with industrial hydrocarbons - of course oranges contain them, everything organic does. Fats and Oils are chains of hydrocarbons, as are some amino acids so in some ways proteins can be thrown on that group too. THey're getting CH3(CH2)2COOH (Butyric acid) conflated with CH3CH2OH (Ethanol) and panicking thinking they're all the same thing as C4H8 (Butene) as well.

I should have added this before but I decided to watch the video and the culprits that will give you childhood cancer are:
-Pop tarts - corn syrup which causes sugar addiction such leads to childhood diabetes and liver liver
-M&Ms - red, yellow and blue dyes which cause cancers
-Fruit gummy candy - red dye causes cancers
-Cheesies - orange dye - causes cancers and includes methyl benzoate
-Teddy Graham's - contain TBHQ which gives you are rats stomach cancer and exacerbates anxiety and adhd

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
"Santa Baby" is the worst loving Christmas song ever made, most are annoying, but that song is loving gross.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Ibogaine posted:

Never forget my friend never forget.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

goose willis posted:

Agreeing here. Christmas music is the same ugly genre of lovely music, done in the same bad taste by different assholes every year.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Sounds like y'all a bunch of sad sack grinches! You just need some Christmas Cheer in your spines!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Goosed it. posted:

I should have added this before but I decided to watch the video and the culprits that will give you childhood cancer are:
-Pop tarts - corn syrup which causes sugar addiction such leads to childhood diabetes and liver liver
-M&Ms - red, yellow and blue dyes which cause cancers
-Fruit gummy candy - red dye causes cancers
-Cheesies - orange dye - causes cancers and includes methyl benzoate
-Teddy Graham's - contain TBHQ which gives you are rats stomach cancer and exacerbates anxiety and adhd

Corn syrup fear is one of the most ridiculous myths of the modern day that seems really legitimate until you actually open a book.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Goosed it. posted:

What kind of horrible monster demonizes Teddy Grahams??

Elblanco posted:

"Santa Baby" is the worst loving Christmas song ever made, most are annoying, but that song is loving gross.

When I worked retail last December our store's playlist had two versions of this song. One with the exaggerated sexy voice turned to 11 and another one actually sung by a guy, which was pretty funny the first time.

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 17:49 on Dec 6, 2016

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

We can look back at product packaging from the 1900s (where everything had to be technologically advanced and miraculous) or the 1940s (where everything had to be "nourishing" and "wholesome") and laugh, but sooner or later our modern fetish for every single product having to have the word "natural" or "*-free" on it will look just as goofy to the researchers of the future. (if any)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

chitoryu12 posted:

Corn syrup fear is one of the most ridiculous myths of the modern day that seems really legitimate until you actually open a book.

Yeah, it's not any worse than other forms of sugar really at the end of the day. Though I do find myself wondering how corn of all things specifically became the major Big AG lobbyist power out of all the crops available.