Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

pathetic loving loser, this is so embarrassing, wish he had gone under with the boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Can y'all really not see it's a parody? It's very well done and obviously a joke

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Holy poo poo lol do y'all think mark twain is a dumb rear end in a top hat

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

pathetic loving loser, this is so embarrassing, wish he had gone under with the boat

He's a comedian.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

i say swears online posted:

Holy poo poo lol do y'all think mark twain is a dumb rear end in a top hat

well i mean he used the n-word so.......

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Mark Twain was a dumb rear end in a top hat but hes open about it as far as I can tell

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

itt the only time you'll see me praise a Connecticut Yankee

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 38 minutes!

itt the only time you'll see me praise a Connecticut Yankee

I think it gets a bad rap. Mark Twain wrote a story from the bad guy's viewpoint before it was cool.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's too plausible in this stupid impossible hellworld we live in.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
SS Magaritaville :vince:

Ending on a COVID coughing spree too, brilliant

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this thread starts with some info on a tweaker from the houston exurbs who is probably on his way to get arrested for some gun and/or terrorism charge, and leads to a boogaloo "rally" in allen, which is what i'm actually posting about. the pictures are, uhh.... well the energy reminds me of the shameful period when goons would go protest scientology centers while wearing v for vendetta masks

https://twitter.com/TwilightZoneAFA/status/1302475492499451909

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
and what street is that? it looks like "do you guys wanna come over? my parents said it was cool."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1302274634176495618

https://mobile.twitter.com/benwikler/status/1302414908051599368

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/RenoCow/status/1302370718831632386

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

e: I assume the person who made this made the water extra blue because BLUE WAVE

Large bodies of water are Antifa and will soon find themselves black bagged by the DHS. *shakes fist*

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
LA Reservoir in ANTIFA gear:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

So the real stars are just celebrities who agree with me

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I've actually been involved in the leadership of every antifa action in Texas since I came to the Bronx and lemme tell you

We torpedoed every loving one of those boats

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/tplohetski/status/1302663698574716928

The perfect op...

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The larger boats sinking the smaller boats is such a perfect analogy for GOP economics, it's a beautiful thing to see

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ReformAustin/status/1302671944551206912

Just a phenomenal job by literally the largest campus by population in the whole USA. Can't wait until they close the campus and send students back to all four corners of East Texas and the Dallas suburbs.

Also look at that trend reversal, my god what did they think was going to happen

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

smoobles posted:

The larger boats sinking the smaller boats is such a perfect analogy for GOP economics, it's a beautiful thing to see

I'm sure that there are rules and guidelines you could follow to have all those boats moving around safely.

I'm also sure that even if anyone involved in the thing knew about the danger and what to do, there's no way anybody would ever listen to them, because they're not signed up to the party to use their own personal judgement and actions to avoid disaster god drat it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

A lol from my town

Oh my god

Shifty Pony posted:

There's now video from one of the boats that sunk on Lake Travis in Austin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrqNY9ZXbjg

It goes from "Woooo Trump!" to "Oh poo poo!" in a matter of seconds. Political schadenfreude aside it is a very good reminder of why you should wear your drat life vest instead of keeping them under the seats or similar.

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 7, 2020

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/ReformAustin/status/1302671944551206912

Just a phenomenal job by literally the largest campus by population in the whole USA. Can't wait until they close the campus and send students back to all four corners of East Texas and the Dallas suburbs.

Also look at that trend reversal, my god what did they think was going to happen

i live in a college town and work in the food industry and would like to publicly say that everything loving sucks on every conceivable level right now

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Sampatrick posted:

i live in a college town and work in the food industry and would like to publicly say that everything loving sucks on every conceivable level right now

I'm a high school teacher. We go back in person on Wednesday. I'm right there with you, in-danger-buddy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

My hotel is getting vacation crowds instead of my usual construction workers and I hate it

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

My hotel is getting vacation crowds instead of my usual construction workers and I hate it

I took a trip this labor day to visit my sister in Dallas. My son got an ear infection and developed a fever right after we got there and we had to come home. The gods were angered at my hubris. Hopefully they will punish your vacation travelers just the same

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Well thats what you get for visiting dallas. It's too good for you :colbert:

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
We decided to visit the in-laws in Rockport for the weekend because our apartment was killing our souls (we've mostly been in a small pod that's mostly just the parents and a brother unmasked, then about seven friends at a distance outside, but the folks' pod is probably bigger). It's hard to figure out what you can do in this area that isn't a crowded shitshow this time of year, but just being in a bigger space with a yard and a grill is a relief. I could see us doing this every other month as a reset from our Austin apartment.

Rockport had a Trump boat parade too this weekend, but I guess Antifa missed that one because nothing sank.

No way our numbers aren't going to spike. We walked the pier by the beach here with masks on, and the beach was packed today. At least almost everyone in the Walmart was masked, which is better than I expected.

Mistaken Frisbee fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 7, 2020

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

I took a trip this labor day to visit my sister in Dallas. My son got an ear infection and developed a fever right after we got there and we had to come home. The gods were angered at my hubris. Hopefully they will punish your vacation travelers just the same

Hey, you earned some experience points in the i45 evacuation skill

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

Went to visit a friend in Deep Ellum before he moves away. We went to a completely empty Pho place but on the way I was shocked by the massive crowded lines waiting to get into the bars/clubs.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
My cousin in-law from Lubbock's wedding was scheduled for tomorrow. Invite list was 50ish people, with at least 15 of them over the age of 70. We had already told the family that we would not be attending because (beyond being stupid) the most anyone would tell us about the venue/plan was "a lot of it will be outside", and if I get Covid, my entire restaurant has to shut down for 2 weeks, completely loving over 20+ people.

We found out Friday that the wedding was mysteriously delayed by exactly one month. Found out yesterday that it's because... The. loving. Groom. Got. loving. Covid. Half the family are standard panhandle Christian conservatives ashamed by Trump, many of whom have straight up said they're voting Biden. The other half are loudly Trump supporters. Nobody has thought that the groom getting Covid less than a week before the wedding was a sign to maybe not have a wedding in the middle of a pandemic.

Bonus: The venue's completely untouched since Covid website says that it can "accommodate up to 300 guests", and a recent social media post claims "With the 50% occupancy restriction, we can accommodate events of up to 250 guests". Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

Active Quasar
Feb 22, 2011

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I'm a high school teacher. We go back in person on Wednesday. I'm right there with you, in-danger-buddy.

drat I know it's worth not much but all of you teachers have my utmost sympathies. It's a goddamn crime to be sending you into that level of danger. Really hope you stay well, fellow goon.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

anyone going to the UT game saturday???

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this guy is running for donna howard's seat. he made a facebook post about if elected he'll force the austin city council to be a volunteer, unpaid position. someone asked if that only lets rich people become politicians:

the ability of republicans in 2020 to alienate the small business tyrant and chamber of commerce types is baffling to me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/scottbraddock/status/1303372309810606081

Where will we get our liver and onions now

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress i like luby's!!!

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

zoux posted:

Where will we get our liver and onions now

It just means Piccadilly will come back now that Texas is no longer Luby's town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Rona’s gone too far this time