Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Looks like John is feeling better :3:

Also jesus christ Vriska I don't even know where to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Vriska is totally going to ghost-die before John sees her again.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I just love John's expression in that last panel. The content of the latest pages is interesting too.

Are they going to need to draw English to specific places to fully plot out the map? Or is the map a giant red herring?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

quote:

TAVROS: hER ANCESTRAL AWAKENING HAS TO DO WITH UNDERSTANDING HER DESTINY, tO TELL LONG STORIES TO PEOPLE, aND MAKE THEM LISTEN TO ALL THE WORDS IRREGARDLESS OF THEIR INTEREST, bY ANY MEANS NECESSARY,

Vriska and Aranea h8ters, :getin:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Edit: ^^ Yeah, that bit right there.

Also I just noticed Tavros said "irregardless," as if the socks and sandals weren't bad enough.

King of Solomon posted:

Are they going to need to draw English to specific places to fully plot out the map? Or is the map a giant red herring?

He's got red herrings swimming through his blood.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

AND THEN VRISKA DIED The end.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Vriska's going to get all the Beta Trolls double-killed, which will cement her as the greatest character (besides Karkat).

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Has promising to meet again worked as planned for anyone in this story so far?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
"sEE, tHIS TO ME, mAYBE SPEAKS TO THE DANGER, oF HAVING SELF ESTEEM THAT IS UNREASONABLY HIGH," is an incredibly funny phrase and I can't exactly explain why.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Poor John, he's had so little human contact all these years that listening to plot exposition was genuinely enjoyable to him. But then again, he didn't seem to have any complaints when Vriska talked his ear off earlier in his adventure, either helping him or going on at length about herself.

Considering how cagey even his own friends have been with him during the game, he probably really appreciates being in on the loop now, too.

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Also I just noticed Tavros said "irregardless," as if the socks and sandals weren't bad enough.

He's said it before, as well. I think someone even called him on it at one point.

Edit: ^^^ Tavros's phrase mangling is pretty funny. Also funnier in that case as while true, he's still probably not the first person who should comment on other people dying due to hubris.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Wow. That is the craziest, most incredibly dangerous plan ever.

I love it.

Vriska owns.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
"We must shatter reality in order to, you know, I guess save it but mostly to get some sweet loot"

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
She might say she's not 8r8king anything if she's 8r8king Nothing.

vvvvvvvvvvvv That too, which is why he retained the ring.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 21, 2012

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Midnight Raider posted:

Poor John, he's had so little human contact all these years that listening to plot exposition was genuinely enjoyable to him. But then again, he didn't seem to have any complaints when Vriska talked his ear off earlier in his adventure, either helping him or going on at length about herself.

I dunno, I kinda got the impression that he was just bullshitting to flatter Vriska.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Vriska's plan is foolproof and anyone who says otherwise is just jealous of how awesome she is, obviously.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

It's so rare that you see any of these kids smiling that my heart kind of melted at that last panel. :3: Oh god I'm becoming one of those people.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Now Vriska's deal is tempting fate. Tempting fate is her business. She's a fate temptress that's what she does. It's her thing. Now this

quote:

VRISKA: Plus, needless to say, lady luck will ALWAYS 8e on our side! ::::)

is a challenge to a duel.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
On one hand, it's nice to see that you can't keep a bad troll down. On the other, jesus christ this is the worst plan.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Troll blood colours = pretty much every hue there is. There are even fewer hidden readings here than in Dave's cup of coffee.

There are only 13 colors of troll blood, including Karkat's mutant blood. I don't think it means anything, I was just pointing out that those were reused colors.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I really like the phrase "brain peace".

...and John is completely going to wake up and still have that ring.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
It took me a sec to parse exactly what Vriska meant by "88".

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tavros, you're getting kind of Gollum-y there near the end.

Just. You know. Thought you might want to know. To step it down a little. :stare:

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Vriska is totally going to ghost-die before John sees her again.

Nope nope not gonna happen nope.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Seoinin posted:

On one hand, it's nice to see that you can't keep a bad troll down. On the other, jesus christ this is the worst plan.

She really hasn't learned anything, has she?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

voting third party posted:

She really hasn't learned anything, has she?
Well she's less of a cackling fuckhead at least. And I guess there's an appeal to the idea of the two of them pulling a Road Runner MEEP MEEP pblbplbplbb in Lord English's face before hauling rear end out of there.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Seoinin posted:

Well she's less of a cackling fuckhead at least.

She hasn't had much to be a cackling fuckhead about though. Right now is the PLAN stage, not the GLOAT stage.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

jonjonaug posted:

She hasn't had much to be a cackling fuckhead about though. Right now is the PLAN stage, not the GLOAT stage.

Well, considering Vriska used to have that in reverse order, it's an improvement.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

jonjonaug posted:

The Vriskawatch needs a meter to go with it, that bounces wildly between "PLAN" and "GLOAT".

Edit: Or maybe just bury the needle on "GLOAT".

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cabbit posted:

The Vriskawatch needs a meter to go with it, that bounces wildly between "PLAN" and "GLOAT".

Edit: Or maybe just bury the needle on "GLOAT".
"PLAN", "GLOAT", and "welp".

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

jonjonaug posted:

Nope nope not gonna happen nope.

Vriska gona double die and in a terminal case of the bullshits she is going to bust out the double death afterlife with all the other twice dead ghosts.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So which beloved character is Vriska going to get permadoublekilled while Hussie laughs?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

So which beloved character is Vriska going to get permadoublekilled while Hussie laughs?

All the A1 trolls, except Meenah.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Noooo not Porrim. :ohdear:

Has anyone said that the ring that john has right now is the Ring from a session without any prototypings? I can't remember if the Queens in the alpha kid's session have rings without any orbs on them or not.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Yes, the B2 session's rings are orbless like this one. We saw DD borrow the Black Queen's ring from the Condesce; the White Queen still has hers.

Maybe it's from the cherub session somehow. Or maybe it's just some ring. Who knows.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It could easily be either B2 ring from further in the timeline, but it seems odd that that would be the case if it doesn't work for non-carapaces.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Yeah, didn't mean to imply that it couldn't. It's not entirely clear if there's any point to this ring beyond setting up the current scene, but if it is a queen's ring from a void session... well, there's at least one currently ringless carapace who's likely to meet up with John again. We'll see.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Technique posted:

Wow. That is the craziest, most incredibly dangerous plan ever.

I can't wait to see what happens when it collides with Meenah's craziest, most incredibly dangerous plan ever.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Jyrraeth posted:

I can't remember if the Queens in the alpha kid's session have rings without any orbs on them or not.

Yup, no orbs. However, it's more likely this ring. There's been no confirmation either way.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

heythisguyhere posted:

I can't wait to see what happens when it collides with Meenah's craziest, most incredibly dangerous plan ever.

Thiefquest 2012: Where we're going we won't need corporeal forms. Soundtrack by some dude just jamming away on a flying-v for like five hours straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

I really hope Meenah breaks out her Thief of Life powers and pulls a self-rez at some point. She's way too awesome to go down with the shitship that is the A1 session.