Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Ima computer vagineer, ama.

e: awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Sabreseven posted:

Not that I give half a poo poo, but Computer engineer? That sounds suspiciously like one of those made up job titles, akin to Subway Sandwiches "Flavour technicians" or "Sandwich engineer" or "Pastry architect".

like President of Spaceships or whatever the gently caress ben lesnick is

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

orcinus posted:

lol.

So, from my slightly hazy look at 2.6, it appears what they've done is addressed the concerns their charman had with the poo poo chat box thing in game, and made a website like the one they already have, and put it 'in game' like EvE has, but also put a poo poo chat box thing in it?

Only it's like facebook massager, only even shitier, and filled with ship sales.

Also, they forgot star marine again, or its already in it, it's part of 2.0 probably. I bet Crobbers gets really irritated when the people who pay for his splendour ask him where it is.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Tokamak posted:

seven ate nine

Then it all got Lesnick'd

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I want the next livestream to be Crobberts strangling Disco. Like fade in, he's strangling him ala Homer and Bart Simpson, and it continues like that with no talking. Then when Disco is dead, Chris faces the camera, heaving through his teeth and sweating, and just stares into the camera at the audience for the rest of the allotted time. Then fade out.

I have nothing against Disco, I just want to see the cultists find a way to make it positive.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I want the next livestream to be Crobberts strangling Disco. Like fade in, he's strangling him ala Homer and Bart Simpson, and it continues like that with no talking. Then when Disco is dead, Chris faces the camera, heaving through his teeth and sweating, and just stares into the camera at the audience for the rest of the allotted time. Then fade out.

I have nothing against Disco, I just want to see the cultists find a way to make it positive.

Well, it would make a welcome change from seeing Ben facing the camera, heaving through his teeth, sweating.

:D

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I guess some people are playing star marine right now??

I don't know anymore

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
like 2 people I know are saying "only flight changes" and the others are going "oh we are pew pew pewin right now its boring as gently caress and crashing all the time"

I'm gettin trolled or somethin

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and please tell me its true you have to launch star marine inside of spectrum lol

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Sabreseven posted:

Posting from the past, a bit. (Caution: Drunk post, been to a stag do)

Not that I give half a poo poo, but Computer engineer? That sounds suspiciously like one of those made up job titles, akin to Subway Sandwiches "Flavour technicians" or "Sandwich engineer" or "Pastry architect".

It's a bit like calling a Gynecologist a "Vagina miner" when they stumble upon a gold dental filling. I'm going off the subject a bit, but my point is that "Computer engineer" as a job title/description sounds like they wanted to state their vast pretend knowledge of electronic hardware to gain authority and awe (maybe even a pokey bum wank) amongst the less electronically savvy without actally having a clue what they were talking about.

I imagine their actual occupation resides somewhere between "PC world checkout staff" and "Unemployed". :shrug:

Computer engineers exist (they're a licensed profession in Canada), but using that credential to give his opinion about programming is probably laughable since like Melkor said, they deal with computer hardware primarily.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

like 2 people I know are saying "only flight changes" and the others are going "oh we are pew pew pewin right now its boring as gently caress and crashing all the time"

Guess it all depends on what you call "playing Star Marine".

Please don't go into hiding MoMA, we don't hold anything against you. We know, it's pretty drat hard to shill effectively when CIG gives you so little to work with, and us so much.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

TheAgent posted:

and please tell me its true you have to launch star marine inside of spectrum lol

is spectrum CiG's answer to steam or origin?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jason Sextro posted:

Computer engineers exist (they're a licensed profession in Canada), but using that credential to give his opinion about programming is probably laughable since like Melkor said, they deal with computer hardware primarily.

As soon as somebody says "infinite scalability" or something like that you can safely ignore them anyways.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
MoMA is too busy owning people in Star Marine while drinking Salon Blanc de Blancs Le Mesnil-sur-Oger to pay attention to this thread.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

orcinus posted:

Wtf is going on here. this picture is breaking my brain enough that I am coming out of lurking just to puzzle over it, what demon made this

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The dread demon Fot-osh Oppe.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Is it happy? Is it aware of what it has become?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Guys ive been gone for a while is the avocado out with SM yet or did a magical blocker show up at the last moment that they have no idea how to fix but you bet they are close to solving show up.

I don't understand avocado development but I just listened to the Song of the Grass-Mud Horse and am left wondering, I know you just wanted to protect your grasslands, but did you really have disappear the river crabs from the Ma Le Desert forever?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

if you're wondering what thoatse is on about, it's a chinese meme that cao ni ma's name references

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Duckaerobics posted:

If there is really no Star Marine in 2.6 I don't know if I will be able to stop loling after how smug Moma was.

TheAgent posted:

lol at this whole fuckin project

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Computer Engineer

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_engineering

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen : "People are always saying i'm on the artistic spectrum" - Chris Roberts.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

TheAgent posted:

aren't there two evocatti groups? Test flight or some poo poo being the first ones to experience the true hell of this patch?

Disclaimer I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

SHOW US THE COOKIES

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

LOL there's a guy on a facebook group for my university who's selling personal belongings to avoid bankruptcy. One of the items he's selling is "Gaming PC built to play Star Citizen".

I wonder why he's nearing bankruptcy. He's also selling 40 "massage rods" bought from an eortic web store, each with 20 vibration settings.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

A Spider Covets posted:

Wtf is going on here. this picture is breaking my brain enough that I am coming out of lurking just to puzzle over it, what demon made this
Kalionscope

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
extra credits has some good vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXIR2dlktc

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Randarkman posted:

LOL there's a guy on a facebook group for my university who's selling personal belongings to avoid bankruptcy. One of the items he's selling is "Gaming PC built to play Star Citizen".

I wonder why he's nearing bankruptcy. He's also selling 40 "massage rods" bought from an eortic web store, each with 20 vibration settings.

Can you prove the massage rods were his? Do you have receipts? Maybe his roommates all got them and brought them to the dorm.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Sabreseven posted:

Not that I give half a poo poo, but Computer engineer?
Computer engineering is about halfway between electrical engineering and computer science in a lot of ways.

CS is mostly programming and algorithms, depending on how you specialize.
EE is about electrical circuits, and you can get into power electronics, analog circuits, even materials.

CompE is more like transistor layouts and assembly language. I started out in CS and decided I hated it, swapped to CE and found it much better for me. Eventually in grad school they lump EE and CE together and just call it "Electrical and Computer Engineering" which they stamp on your degree as well.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Propagandist posted:

Computer engineering is about halfway between electrical engineering and computer science in a lot of ways.

CS is mostly programming and algorithms, depending on how you specialize.
EE is about electrical circuits, and you can get into power electronics, analog circuits, even materials.

CompE is more like transistor layouts and assembly language. I started out in CS and decided I hated it, swapped to CE and found it much better for me. Eventually in grad school they lump EE and CE together and just call it "Electrical and Computer Engineering" which they stamp on your degree as well.

what country is this?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Yo TheAgent, what's goin on man, I feel dirty pulling this stuff from the starcitizen_leaks thread and not getting this from you, but hey, here we go:

quote:

• How is Star Marine?

Simple as gently caress, but reasonably fun. Although you really need to watch your radar to not get instantly shot in the back. Damage seems a bit random, crit% might need turning down. I really like the "muted" sound effects when in zero g. Haven't tried the second map yet.

• How are the new ships if they are testable?

They did that thing where they didn't unlock all ships (they really wants us only doing star marine right now) and I don't own any of the new ones.

• Did they improve ANY netcode so you can squeeze a few more frames out of the PU?

Haven't played much of the PU yet

• Star Marine frames?

forgot to turn fraps on, but framerate didn't seem too bad, I was probably getting 40 something just eyeballing it

• Leak them patch notes!

they really don't say anything interesting, basically it's "Go play Star Marine, because we're still working on the flight mechanics, and don't loving spawn a Caterpillar or we're kicking you out of testing!"

• Other random poo poo: The Helmet outline is much less annoying now. Graphics and textures much prettier now. UI elements are much improved. Except the "use" icon. They actually made that even more annoying. Afterburner is gone, Boost is gone, cruise is gone, there is only the boosburnerusie gestalt now. Still have no idea how you upshift into the mode where it doesn't burn boost fuel, or is there is one yet. Flight is much better than it was in the first pass of the flight changes, but I still wish the SCM's speed were higher. Ship Gun velocities (at least the one's I had) seem much better. The pips of the Gladius' default loadout are actually close enough to be sort of usable now. MXS lasers are red now. Either the vanduul drones had their armor beefed up or gun damage is stupid low now.
Also, datamining the launcher (or however they do it) confirms level packs from Star Marine have been sent out.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Yeah, computer engineer is a valid thing. I have it in my diploma too.

Move the gently caress on.

*I doubt that reddit person is a computer engineer though, or they are but that doesn't help the fact they are talking nonsense.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

mike12345 posted:

what country is this?

The United States of America.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Samizdata posted:

Currently arguing with another Twit on Twitter, that Real Gremlich chappie. Idiot wants me to prove I am not Derek. As I am only one of his toxic alts (THAT'S A JOKE FOR YOU CITIZEN TYPES, BTW!), I posted the following.

Seriously, Derek, EIGHT years? That IS the long con!

EDIT: Oh, yeah, the TwiAge page.

Bet I have been on there longer than that Twit has.

:stare:

On a different note:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

orcinus posted:

How is it that Chris doesn't already have this?

http://www.fallenfurniture.com/product/737-cowling-chair/

That's not Restoration Hardware. If it's not Restoration Hardware it's rubbish. Duh.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

nawledgelambo posted:

Yo TheAgent, what's goin on man, I feel dirty pulling this stuff from the starcitizen_leaks thread and not getting this from you, but hey, here we go:

Also, datamining the launcher (or however they do it) confirms level packs from Star Marine have been sent out.

crit percentage? random damage? lmao

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Samizdata posted:

Currently arguing with another Twit on Twitter, that Real Gremlich chappie. Idiot wants me to prove I am not Derek. As I am only one of his toxic alts (THAT'S A JOKE FOR YOU CITIZEN TYPES, BTW!), I posted the following.

Seriously, Derek, EIGHT years? That IS the long con!

EDIT: Oh, yeah, the TwiAge page.

Bet I have been on there longer than that Twit has.

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/801172489594437632
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/802239146882265088
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/802878555612803072
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/802896588557484032
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/802951915030151168
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/803184801775833088
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/803336359444381696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Mirificus posted:

:stare:

On a different note:

While most backers are subconsciously fighting the urge to grow up, this guy is having a public fist fight with it.

"Things were much more fun 10-15 years ago. This is my last chance to force myself to feel like I did 10-15 years ago."

• Locked thread