Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The forum would have blown through several years worth of 6 hour probations creating a dangerous probation shortage on the rest of the forums if that had happened. We're ill equipped for such a cataclysmic amount of chain probations all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

bradzilla posted:

Ah yes, all those other gbs rejects that found success in fyad, such as

Skullmund was just an offsite FYAD.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Who What Now posted:

I enjoy people publicly demonstrating that they don't get FYAD.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Aren't you one of them? FYAD hates your guts.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Inaccurate

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Who What Now posted:

It was quite literally an offsite GBS

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

How could FYAD hate FAU? He spent so much time banning people for criticizing them, closing threads they didn't like all over the forums, and resurrecting their permabanned posters like Black Baby Goku!

Surely years of catering to that posting minority paid off.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The way to get FYAD is to spend way too much time on SA for years because it's just a whole bunch of layers of self-referential FYAD and forums context on top of each other.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rectal Death Adept posted:

How could FYAD hate FAU? He spent so much time banning people for criticizing them, closing threads they didn't like all over the forums, and resurrecting their permabanned posters like Black Baby Goku!

Surely years of catering to that posting minority paid off.
Lmfao okay guy who keeps registering new accounts because people keep figuring out he's a super unpleasant crazy racist dude.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
[Citation Needed]

Thinking you were a poo poo admin who powertripped all over the forums because you have no life out of them doesn't make me a "crazy racist dude."

Anyone can go to QCS and see all the threads where you just straight Month+Banned people for criticizing the weird FYAD circlejerks you were taking part in or look at the graveyard of megathreads you sent to the gas chamber because you are desperate for their approval.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rectal Death Adept posted:

[Citation Needed]

Thinking you were a poo poo admin who powertripped all over the forums because you have no life out of them doesn't make me a "crazy racist dude."

Anyone can go to QCS and see all the threads where you just straight Month+Banned people for criticizing the weird FYAD circlejerks you were taking part in or look at the graveyard of megathreads you sent to the gas chamber because you are desperate for their approval.
I'd point to your post history, but...

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

bare bottom pancakes posted:

It was quite literally an offsite GBS

this, it had nothing to do with fyad

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

omg no one cares

e: about the little slapfight, not which SA forum was represented in the offsite

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Snow Cone Capone posted:

omg no one cares

e: about the little slapfight, not which SA forum was represented in the offsite

idk, weirdos with a grudge are usually pretty funny

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Sorry for going back to offsite chat, but it's 5:30 am and I cannot stop laughing at the thought of disgruntled goons moving out and squatting like gutter punks in a decaying forums site about trout fishing. It's just so loving absurd.

I've said before, and no doubt will again, but man I wish I was getting my masters in psychology now instead of 20 years ago because I would have a field day writing some sort of academic, analytical theses about the internet. poo poo's utterly fascinating to me.

:justpub:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
A pretty good meltdown just happened in the legal advice thread. Some grown-rear end adult RA or TA fondled ("wrestled") a student to the point of injury, and came looking for help because she has reported his behavior to the university. He did not like the advice he received, so we got this

A_Account posted:

Hey yeah thanks for you input dickhead. I came to this thread for legal advice and locked the GBS thread. Keep your opinions to yourself until you know the full story. Absolute oval office.

followed by a page of lawyers putting so many balls in that guys face he looked like a junior-high nerd on dodgeball day.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

A pretty good meltdown just happened in the legal advice thread. Some grown-rear end adult RA or TA fondled ("wrestled") a student to the point of injury, and came looking for help because she has reported his behavior to the university. He did not like the advice he received, so we got this

followed by a page of lawyers putting so many balls in that guys face he looked like a junior-high nerd on dodgeball day.

It's now become an official thread meme, seems like:

FrozenVent posted:

It’s only fraud if you wrestle your boss under false pretences.

:discourse:

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Who What Now posted:

You’ve been here since 2006 and still don’t understand this website at all lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Stay mad.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

A pretty good meltdown just happened in the legal advice thread.
I like how they provide just the sketchiest outline of events as if we wouldn't immediately come to the worst possible conclusions from that.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

The best line from that thread was:

Phil Moscowitz posted:

We was just wrassling your honor

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Lol, congratulations to that guy on becoming our newest accidental legend.

Scarodactyl posted:

I like how they provide just the sketchiest outline of events as if we wouldn't immediately come to the worst possible conclusions from that.

The whole thing was very, "I'm selectively telling bits in the best possible light for myself, tell me I'm right and I'm going to be fine." The legal advice thread was the wrong place to float that.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

lmfao

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

never actually clicked on beecock before and I was expecting something much worse. it's just a couple bees on a flaccid cock

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
My favourite SA saga is people that continue to hold grudges against FAU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I literally assumed "beecocking" was a gun term. It's actually a penis with bees on it.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

My favourite SA saga is people that continue to hold grudges against FAU

It's great. Just people screeching at FAU about random poo poo that isn't even close to what happened most of the time while FAU is just like "haha yeah ok buddy". It's like when people who got a sixer from Lowtax 10 years ago have to come out of the woodwork every time he posts on a smaller scale.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I don't understand this site

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

It's fine if you're willing to move on every 3 months or so

also there was a mod and I was it, but because I was trying to preserve a space for people to :justpost: and because banning people addicted to message board posting is hard on a free forum ( like I kicked yobgoblin off but he must have made like 20 accounts) it was eventually swamped by poo poo. I managed to keep a lid on it for a while and then I got sick and RIP skullmund.

Also the idea that we were Nazis came from ZDR who just loving hated us because he thought the basement thread was some pro trump poo poo without reading it. He apologized to me later on. Skullmund banned any politics discussion on main until I got sick and couldn't keep up with sweeping it into the trash

Hope you're doing better now, SIB. You're good people.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All forums should be paid tbh. Its like the only way to keep out the Nazis en masse.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Paid, but also run by funny people who aren't afraid to ban people whenever it's funny to do so. Nazis hate that. As long as the mods themselves are not bullies it should get results.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Someone needs to make a Stormfront paid forum for Nazis and then after a year just drop all the names and addresses linked to payment methods out in the open internet.

Er, i mean "poo poo we were hacked and our foolproof OpSec consisting of: Admin/Password was no match.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FuturePastNow posted:

You and me buddy, you and me.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

FuturePastNow posted:

There's nothing that goons hate more than themselves.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ExplodingSims posted:

There's nothing that goons hate more than themselves.

There is an idea of a "goon", some kind of abstraction, but there is no real goon, only an entity, something illusory. Although one can hide their cold screen, and you can read their posts and even sense their and your lifestyles are probably comparable, they are simply not there.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

There is an idea of a "goon", some kind of abstraction, but there is no real goon, only an entity, something illusory. Although one can hide their cold screen, and you can read their posts and even sense their and your lifestyles are probably comparable, they are simply not there.

I’ve met a few goons IRL and none of them are nearly as weird face to face as their posting is. Even PHIZ KALIFA is like, a normal dude when you’re sitting down with some beers.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’ve met a few goons IRL and none of them are nearly as weird face to face as their posting is. Even PHIZ KALIFA is like, a normal dude when you’re sitting down with some beers.

Yeah, that's been my experience as well.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I promise I'm as quiet and untalkative offline as I am online.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FilthyImp posted:

Someone needs to make a Stormfront paid forum for Nazis and then after a year just drop all the names and addresses linked to payment methods out in the open internet.

Er, i mean "poo poo we were hacked and our foolproof OpSec consisting of: Admin/Password was no match.

Some antifa folks did a similar thing where they set up a website that you could enter your name into to see if you had been associated with anything far right, which got a lot of idiots to self-admit and provide evidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Dabir posted:

never actually clicked on beecock before and I was expecting something much worse. it's just a couple bees on a flaccid cock

The norm is five bees? This is very disturbing :ohdear: