Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Speaking of Ike he's still use able yeah? After ages of trying I finally landed him with a +Atk -hp iv which I won't bitch about! Figure he's a good fit for Fury and maybe quick riposte or maybe his native sword breaker.

It's just really hard to justify benching Xander for any other red unit, dude just does it all and does it really well. But dang it I'm hell bent on using Ike after all the effort I put in trying to get him since he appeared.

Also I think the IV system is on the glitch because of the past 4 five star units I've pulled, every single one of them has been +Atk - RES or hp. I'm terrified of the day the gacha gods swing the pendulum back around the other way and it's nothing but -spd for months
With +Att I would probably do Heavy Blade and Quick Riposte (and aether). I have Threaten Att as my C skill but I know some people don't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Oh cool thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't too sure about heavy blade but looking at it now 54 Atk should be enough to trigger it in most cases I would imagine. I think I'm going to go the distance and 5 star a subaki to give him QR 3 since I've got a few extra feathers laying around anyway. Thanks for the input I really appreciate it!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Andrast posted:

It's alright but melee inftantry are generally not that that great so it's of limited use. Especially when units like Cordelia can use flier buffs, which are just better.

Way better than it was before now that arena assault is a thing though.

Yeah, the flier buff is really limited though because it's on hinoka and she's so rare.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Yeah, the flier buff is really limited though because it's on hinoka and she's so rare.

True. Getting a Hinoka is really crucial for getting a good flier emblem team going.

If Delthea could buff blade tome users she would be absolutely amazing.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
gently caress IVs:
Ike +HP/-Atk
Julia +def/-spd

Are those at all salvagable? Can/should I inherit Ike's sword to someone? I suppose Julia might be able to deal with Reins if I slap TA on her.. Or at least wait and see what the AA seals are for.

Also of note:
Tharja +Atk/-spd
Marth +Atk/-spd

Not quite sure what to do with those either, having lost their forte.. They sure know how to ruin the joy of good finds.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

valuum posted:

gently caress IVs:
Ike +HP/-Atk
Julia +def/-spd

Are those at all salvagable? Can/should I inherit Ike's sword to someone? I suppose Julia might be able to deal with Reins if I slap TA on her.. Or at least wait and see what the AA seals are for.

Also of note:
Tharja +Atk/-spd
Marth +Atk/-spd

Not quite sure what to do with those either, having lost their forte.. They sure know how to ruin the joy of good finds.

Julia being -SPD doesn't affect her ability to deal with Rein.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Speaking of Ike he's still use able yeah? After ages of trying I finally landed him with a +Atk -hp iv which I won't bitch about! Figure he's a good fit for Fury and maybe quick riposte or maybe his native sword breaker.

It's just really hard to justify benching Xander for any other red unit, dude just does it all and does it really well. But dang it I'm hell bent on using Ike after all the effort I put in trying to get him since he appeared.

Also I think the IV system is on the glitch because of the past 4 five star units I've pulled, every single one of them has been +Atk - RES or hp. I'm terrified of the day the gacha gods swing the pendulum back around the other way and it's nothing but -spd for months

I'm somewhat in the same boat with Julia, I'm trying to think of a good build but but the -Spd for her has been a odd hang up for me. It's strange that even with neutral speed, 26 is nothing to write home about. Anyways the build I'm shooting for:

A Skill: Resistance/Fury 2
B Skill: G Tomebreaker/Quick Riposte
C Skill: Panic Ploy
Special: Dragon Fang/Dragon Aura
Assist: Drawback

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Skimming the Tempest Reward structure, I'm glad to see we keep getting rewards frequently instead of only getting 3 orbs once every 10k by the end because I honestly think that was part of why I burned out. I like that they're making small but good changes

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I stuck my +spd gray in on my horse emblem team to farm hard (rank #100 :toot:) and he actually does damage at level 1 to level 35 mobs??

Kinda get the feeling Grey might not be trash

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Ahahahaha. Grey gets 24 sp per kill in the trial. This is hilarious

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I can't tell if Lunatic is much easier or having a Sonya with +4 stats is making everything super easier

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I just find it hilarious that my Healcina can't heal Celica all the way for Ragnorak activation because Celica has that 10 bonus HP.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Donny Donny Florina

Florina, I want you to be shot

Just give me SCorrin please game

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I'm running Delthea, Sonya and Celica and they get to the final lunatic map no problem. None of them have any SI either.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
if I remove Olivia's weapon, would she actually work as a dancebot in defence teams?

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

if I remove Olivia's weapon, would she actually work as a dancebot in defence teams?
My experience when running autobattle is yes, as long as there isn't a healer on my team. She seems to prefer to dance a healer, even if the healer also has no weapon. It might be my team order, but I haven't played with it a lot.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Finally 5*ed my Xander. What should i give him? Off the top of my head, i can give him bonfire, ward cavalry, triangle adept.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Finally 5*ed my Xander. What should i give him? Off the top of my head, i can give him bonfire, ward cavalry, triangle adept.

Bonfire and quick riposte

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Bonfire/Fury/Quick Riposte. Whatever movement skills you have (Swap or reposition should be good) and if on a calvary team hone/fortify is good based on which your team needs more. Ward is fine I guess? I like having someone else use ward on xander in addition to Fortify so nothing can touch him.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Don't have a cavalry team yet (at all, though i guess i could work on cecilia a lot, i have an extra nino for the tome... and a camus. Extra gunters and jagens... and an elise), but might build one eventually.

Ty~

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?
If I'm trying to build a blade tome Cecelia for my cavalry team, should I be using my +Atk/-Spd Cecelia, or one with neutral IVs?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
lucina has been confirmed as the most worthless waifu, if you're a sword who can't one-shot a glass cannon green mage without tomebreaker then you are traaaaaaaaash

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm a rebel and using my non bonus runs to level up berkut.

He levels up faaast. What do I give him for horse emblem, since camus ain't coming back for months.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

lucina has been confirmed as the most worthless waifu, if you're a sword who can't one-shot a glass cannon green mage without tomebreaker then you are traaaaaaaaash

Lucina has 34 base attack which is pretty high as fast sword lords go. Ryoma has the same attack and Ike has 35.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

I can't one shot Sonya with my atk honed Xander without his special, Tempest trial is ludicrous with the inflating stats.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If lucina can't beat sonya, it's not because of lucina. She's literally one of best at both speed and power. Maybe hana is better in a minmax way.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
my concern is more with how, thanks to vantage, if you don't get the first hit on her, you're pretty much screwed unless your team is very melee heavy

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

my concern is more with how, thanks to vantage, if you don't get the first hit on her, you're pretty much screwed unless your team is very melee heavy

Ranged unit gets the first hit, melee unit kills her. Or just tank her attack with a high res unit. Or use a dancer. Or just ORKO her with a brave user. Or weaken her with your first team and finish her off with your second (the point loss for losing a team is minimal).

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

Ranged unit gets the first hit, melee unit kills her. Or just tank her attack with a high res unit. Or use a dancer. Or just ORKO her with a brave user. Or weaken her with your first team and finish her off with your second (the point loss for losing a team is minimal).

this is all true but my rolls are all hosed up so i don't actually have a really viable b-team, especially on a map like this final tempest one. i have a rein and a nino, but the price i've paid for it is that my b-listers are all notoriously bad casters: robin and boey, and a stock linde i've had for a pretty good while but who i haven't gotten good si rolls for yet :v: so if i don't eliminate most of the enemies on the final map, there's a good chance that my second team, or third team, or fourth or fifth team, won't be able to finish it.

all of my melee characters aren't really built aside from being lv40. i also have a fae who's pretty mostly complete re: si, but she's on my waiting list to get 20k feathers for lb+

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 11, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

this is all true but my rolls are all hosed up so i don't actually have a really viable b-team, especially on a map like this final tempest one. i have a rein and a nino, but the price i've paid for it is that my b-listers are all notoriously bad casters: robin and boey, and a stock linde i've had for a pretty good while but who i haven't gotten good si rolls for yet :v: so if i don't eliminate most of the enemies on the final map, there's a good chance that my second team, or third team, or fourth or fifth team, won't be able to finish it.

all of my melee characters aren't really built aside from being lv40. i also have a fae who's pretty good, but she's on my waiting list to get 20k feathers for lb+

You could have multiple viable teams just from units that have been free at this point. It's just a meter of building them up.

Like, I don't have the numbers available but Alfonse with a Brave sword (not +) would probably murder Sonya

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
that's true, i'm a little lazy though i have to admit. and also kind of indulgent so i'm like "oh i don't wanna use units who aren't 5*"

oh man though if i rolled a hector to feed to a dancer she'd have distant count and i'd be king of poo poo mountain rn :v:

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 11, 2017

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

The Reinhardt/BCordelia/Celica/Azura team I'm using makes me feel like I'm playing on very easy after playing on normal for the last two Tempest Trials. Everything dies in round of combat, even with all these inflated stats.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
TT-boosted Delthea is a vengeful god made flesh, here to exact judgement upon this sinful world

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 11, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

If you want to use Lucina in stat inflated PvE content, give her darting blow

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

If you want to use Lucina in stat inflated PvE content, give her darting blow

I agree. I gave my +SPD Lucina Darting blow ages age and it has been really good on her.

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

I basically give darting blow to everyone if I'm not 100% certain what to put in the A slot, and I've yet to regret it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

cheetah7071 posted:

TT-boosted Delthea is a vengeful good made flesh, here to exact judgement upon this sinful world

no delthea, I'm not giving you this because I think you're cute.

its because I'm scared

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Actias posted:

I basically give darting blow to everyone if I'm not 100% certain what to put in the A slot, and I've yet to regret it.

same but w fury

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Actias posted:

Me too. It's the most plentiful and useful of the A skills I get. Fury is nice for Arena but sucks for Tempest/Chain Chronicles. Deathblow and L&D are super rare (for my pulls at least).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I seem destined on every limited time banner to always get the unit I specifically don't want.

On the spring banner I wanted Camilla and got Chrom. On the bride banner I wanted Cordelia and got Lyn, on Ylissean summer I wanted F Robin and got Tiki and on Nohr Summer I wanted F Corrin and got Elise.

I'm never pulling orbs that are off colour but the banner always seems to pop when I don't have any of the orbs I want in the pool.

Like I can't complain too much, I'm getting 5* units, but it's like the game is playing a really weird joke on me.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 11, 2017