Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Koos Group posted:

as I only found the post due to it being reported.
haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Spyderizer posted:

You can actually disincentivize car ownership in the city without outright banning it through having good transport links. Some central city light rail is a great start, link it to a normal rail backbone and you're well on your way. Last piece of the puzzle is to make it cheap.

Cheap, reliable and frequent. And honestly, encouraging public transport use shouldn't involve forcing people to use it, but rather, making it an attractive and practical option.

poo poo like the ferries to the Shore and the bus lines being synchronised is already a thing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

more like barons cyber snitch

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Koos Group posted:

but for doing guilt by association rather than addressing someone's argument directly.

Do you realise Simeon Brown is a sitting member of parliament?

I mean, he doesn't look it, and he totally gets ID'd everywhere he goes, but he is an MP.

I'm not sure what you think lil' Simeon is guilty of. Beyond stealing his dad's suit.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

NZAmoeba posted:

I mean, he doesn't look it, and he totally gets ID'd everywhere he goes, but he is an MP.

I'm not sure what you think lil' Simeon is guilty of. Beyond stealing his dad's suit.

what

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

NZAmoeba posted:

it's 'guilt by association' because biketory said "yeah well your thoughts are shared by this dumb and privileged person" instead of explaining why the thoughts were those of a dumb and privileged person. simeon being a sitting mp and a catalyst for the entire conversation about roads and rails isn't relevant to the crime of associating a poster with a person due to their politics.

it's correct debate technique to instead say "yeah well your thoughts are the dumbest and most privileged" instead of explaining why the thoughts are those of a dumb and privileged person.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Koos Group posted:

If there's demand for it I would be perfectly willing to move the NZ thread to the hangout forum, or make it a demilitarized hangout with looser enforcement of rules here in D&D, like the Canada thread. Bike tory also was not probated for discussing NZ politics, which is obviously encouraged, but for doing guilt by association rather than addressing someone's argument directly. I was not the only one who found this objectionable, as I only found the post due to it being reported.

this thread should continue to be "demilitarised", as should every other non-us regional politics thread.

the refreshed d&d rules are, as ever, aimed at improving the lowest common denominator (american politics posters), and it would be a mistake to mechanically enforce them in the same way in the rest of the forum.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

No more US hegemony in the NZ politics thread!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Yanks out

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Some dude in a YouTube comment section (I know I know) told me I was "discriminating" for calling Americans yanks lol

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Lol classic Yank

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

America isn't even a country.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

cptn_dr posted:

Yanks out

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

This thread right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnGzl-OEyGE

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

cptn_dr posted:

YanksSeppos out

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

klen dool posted:

Some dude in a YouTube comment section (I know I know) told me I was "discriminating" for calling Americans yanks lol

I mean a lot of southerners don't like being called Yankees, Seppo is much more inclusive.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

bike tory posted:

Apparently you're not meant to help posters to improve their opinions by pointing out which lovely politicians they're currently aligned with.

So I won't compare people to Simeon Brown anymore. I'm sure BARONS simply forgot that affordable housing needs good public transport links. Hopefully just a rare misstep for him.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

18 hrs seems a bit over the top for this

this is new zealand, we are chill

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

exmachina posted:

I mean a lot of southerners don't like being called Yankees, Seppo is much more inclusive.

Well that's the thing, I didn't call anyone a Yankee.

Also seppo - short for septic tank? Is that rhyming slang? https://www.dictionary.com/browse/seppo

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Hello I am here to tell you why your bad opinion is identical to this other persons bad opinion

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

C'mon Seppo? we're not fuckn Aussies.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

bike tory posted:

Apparently you're not meant to help posters to improve their opinions by pointing out which lovely politicians they're currently aligned with.

So I won't compare people to Simeon Brown anymore. I'm sure BARONS simply forgot that affordable housing needs good public transport links. Hopefully just a rare misstep for him.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Haha get rekt

Also free bike tory

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
bike tory doesn't deserve this

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Beartaco posted:

No he did not.

#freebiketory

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Free Bike Tory Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbayah

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Beartaco posted:

Best poster in the thread gets probed over some bullshit while the worst gets to keep screaming “loving libs” at everyone, cool cool

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~
Free Bike Tory!
Down with Browns Cyber Simeon!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah! I want a free bike, tory!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Sure is a lot of debate and discussion in this, a D&D thrpahahahahaha

Who am I kidding. At least it ain't C-SPAM.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
Alright, he's freed.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hooray for mob rule!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

The system works.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

You goons have made my day, thank you :shobon:

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Koos Group posted:

Alright, he's freed.

A rare misstep

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Licarn posted:

A rare misstep

loled

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Licarn posted:

A rare misstep

holy poo poo

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Well done thread, you did it. Literally more productive then the Labour party.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Xik posted:

Well done thread, you did it. Literally more productive then the Labour party entirety of parliament.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

I didn't do poo poo but I'll also claim credit, making me a high ranking Labour MP I guess.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Here's a hell of a headline. At least Stuff didn't put it in the Lifestyle section alongside recipes for afghan biscuits like they usually do with Bellis' reporting in Afghanistan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Probably the first MIQ story I agree with, although they should have said "Afghanistan" rather than the Taliban since they only used Taliban to imply that even the Taliban is LESS uncaring than our MIQ system sheesh