Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ah, it's that time you guys copy retarded comments from elsewhere. Never found that much amusing, but to each its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
C'mon that was clearly a joke guys.

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
I wonder if Annie is starting to get the same deification treatment by the forest-dwellers that Kat gets from the robots. It'd be interesting if the two of them ended up being sort of opposing gods in the court/forest conflict.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I can't imagine Annie and Kat being enemies. I could imagine them opposing the existing leadership of the Forest and Court if a direct conflict between them looms.

Though obviously anything like that would have to be very late in the story.

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
Loving the little running butt's interpretation of Annie in the illustration, especially the little question mark in the ear!

And he seems to think her hands are webbed for some reason.

e: Also, it looks like she has gills down her sides in the upper illustration, like pinky does; probably some self-projection in his(?) memory.

One Legged Cat fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 24, 2014

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004
Unfortunately no nice oil paintings of Coyote this year at MCM, but yay hetty.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cultureulterior posted:

Unfortunately no nice oil paintings of Coyote this year at MCM, but yay hetty.

Tom needs to bring back the best character in this comic already. :argh:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

RIP evil ghost prawn. In death you were delicious.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Regy Rusty posted:

The octopus from chapter 42?

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Macaluso posted:

The octopus from chapter 42?

I really can't imagine they'd be talking about anyone else. Time for a beach episode!

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
Clearly they were talking about Dr. Randy Disaster. Been way too long since we've seen the Spacemonauts in action.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Surely it'd be the character who brought us the best page in the comic?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

I also miss Mort. :(

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I thought that pixie girl looked worried in her first page. I wonder what's on her mind.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh no, did something happen to Boxbot? :ohdear:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dodgeball posted:

Oh no, did something happen to Boxbot? :ohdear:
We're talking about the best character here, not the WORST one.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Regy Rusty posted:

It's true, Reynardine's been off-screen for too long. :argh:

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

JT Jag posted:

We're talking about the best character here, not the WORST one.
You take that BACK

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

LegoMan posted:

You take that BACK
Hey, I'm sorry, but Boxbot is the worst, it's canon. Now Robox on the other hand, that's a 'bot you can depend on.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
That fairy is kinda fat. Maybe that's why she's upset.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Funny how the truth gets exaggerated by rumour. "Taught about all the animals by Ysengrin" - helped him kick the arses of some badly behaved underlings in Fun City. With fire. "Met all the animals and heard their life stories" - That'll be when Annie took Smitty into the forest. "Lived with the Anwyn for a hundred years and was courted by their handsome prince" - Stayed there one summer and had a crush on a guy until she met his girlfriend.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Still not sure about that whole "ears" thing.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Wyld Karde posted:

Funny how the truth gets exaggerated by rumour. "Taught about all the animals by Ysengrin" - helped him kick the arses of some badly behaved underlings in Fun City. With fire. "Met all the animals and heard their life stories" - That'll be when Annie took Smitty into the forest. "Lived with the Anwyn for a hundred years and was courted by their handsome prince" - Stayed there one summer and had a crush on a guy until she met his girlfriend.

It's the dick-frog hype machine in action.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

This is the best revisionist history ever. Also, I'm liking the art direction. I wonder where the dickfrog learned all this, and who is spreading the tales? Smitty seemed to be the guy solving everybody's problems when he stopped by last, so you'd think he'd have his own exaggerated list of achievements.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I thought this bit about training for war and a prince was about Jeanne. :tinfoil:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Chronojam posted:

This is the best revisionist history ever. Also, I'm liking the art direction. I wonder where the dickfrog learned all this, and who is spreading the tales? Smitty seemed to be the guy solving everybody's problems when he stopped by last, so you'd think he'd have his own exaggerated list of achievements.

If anyone knows the power of a good story, it's Coyote.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
If lots of people believe it, will it become true?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Reformed Pissboy posted:

If anyone knows the power of a good story, it's Coyote.

That sure is one hell of a shield she's got, yes.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I don't even care about the storytelling this time, these myth pages are so pretty. :allears:

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

bathroomrage posted:

I don't even care about the storytelling this time, these myth pages are so pretty. :allears:

I bet Mort would like them... :smith:

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Dodgeball posted:

I bet Mort would like them... :smith:

Man, what's with all the mopiness about Mort? His death was fairly peaceful and content by fictional standards. Compare that to, say, Eightfold from Paranatural, whose departure felt way more depressing to me, even with the latter's relative lack of screen time.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

youcallthatatwist posted:

Man, what's with all the mopiness about Mort? His death was fairly peaceful and content by fictional standards. Compare that to, say, Eightfold from Paranatural, whose departure felt way more depressing to me, even with the latter's relative lack of screen time.

Eightfold isn't even dead though. She just fell into the abyss that Max is falling into now. Contrasting to that, Mort has been dead for decades.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

youcallthatatwist posted:

Mort's been my favorite character since the chapter introducing him. I have a soft spot for comic-relief characters, and Tom was kind enough to flesh him out (even though he's a ghost, haha.) His lame jokes endeared him to me, as did the notion that all of his friends got older and moved on while he couldn't. Mort was stuck for the longest time, but made the best of a bad situation, made a few friends and eventually chose to move on. I'm glad knowing that my favorite character got what is probably the nicest death we'll see in the entire story.

All that said, I can understand people not being sad that a ghost died.

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 29, 2014

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There's no reason to put speculation in spoiler tags.

the numa numa song
Oct 3, 2006

Even though
I'm better than you
I am not

Lurdiak posted:

There's no reason to put speculation in spoiler tags.

But it's no speculation that Mort is dead. Not just ghost-dead but totally nonexistent.

e: except now I see that exact statement posted above unspoilered. I dunno

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

All that happened was that Mort finished dying.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Discombobulator posted:

But it's no speculation that Mort is dead. Not just ghost-dead but totally nonexistent.

e: except now I see that exact statement posted above unspoilered. I dunno

And he's not totally nonexistent, he's become part of the ether. Whatever that means.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

And he's not totally nonexistent, he's become part of the ether. Whatever that means.

It means the world will continue to spin.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Edward_Tohr posted:

It means the world will continue to spin.

Whatever that means.

Also, apparently counting in base ten is fancy numbers. Who knew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Wyld Karde posted:

Whatever that means.

Also, apparently counting in base ten is fancy numbers. Who knew?

Where does she fit all those fingers!?!?!?!?!?!