Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
edit nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spacebump posted:

Did he really just insult the coach's son when he has two more sons going to UCLA? LOL. At some point Lonzo needs to tell the press to ignore Lavar.

There's also the fact that his uberfraü wife is white and his three sons are all half white. Of course I guess that would explain Lonzo's lack of foot speed.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
LaVar Ball actually practices phrenology and race science

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

LaVar Ball is going to cost his son #1 pick status and a few million dollars up front from going #2 or #3 and it's going to be hilarious.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Was Ball seriously in contention of being #1?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tae posted:

Was Ball seriously in contention of being #1?
Earlier in the college basketball season he was sneaking up pretty hard on Fultz. Most projections I've seen have them going 1-2. I think one place has Josh Jackson #1, but realistically a 6'6" point guard who put up his kind of numbers as a Freshman at UCLA is going to be up there in consideration at the top of the draft.

Fultz really is the #1, but I'm seeing people do the same "OH HIS TEAM DIDN'T GO TO THE NCAA'S SO HE MUST BE A LOOTRE IN A RIOT!!!!" kind of crap they did with Ben Simmons.

I honestly think LaVar could be a legitimate problem for Lonzo, if NBA people get it in their heads that Lonzo will not 100% tune out his dad's "advice" and just focus on being coached by actual, professional, NBA personnel.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

NickRoweFillea posted:

We're all going to die because our president is retarded. Enjoy this slam courtesy of an immigrant

https://instagram.com/p/BSkNJLeBYD4/

those ronald mcdonald looking motherfuckers deserve to get slammed on

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If Lonzo is drafted by a team nowhere near LA, does Lavar mainly try to follow him or does he still play hype man for his other kids.

I thought most people had Markelle Fultz as the number 1 pick?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Spacebump posted:

If Lonzo is drafted by a team nowhere near LA, does Lavar mainly try to follow him or does he still play hype man for his other kids.
Knowing LaVar he'll probably try to offer his services as a "consultant".

Does the man not realize how miserable Lonzo looks when they've done interviews together? This was kind of lost in the shuffle, but in his previous interview before this LaVar declared that his other sons' current high school coach would be "one-and-done" because he didn't listen to LaVar's coaching advice, and also implied the coach had an undiagnosed mental illness along the lines of Bipolar Disorder. It takes quite a bit to disgust me, but seriously it was fantastically pathetic.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Allen "Cool Breeze" Crabbe went 8/10 from 3 tonight ending up with 25 points. The whole comeback was a 10 point run by him in 48 seconds in the 4th. I now forgive him for looking at my girlfriend's butt at a fan event.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Arriving in Minnesota later tonight and seeing my first ever live NBA game Wednesday night, I'm pretty excited guys. I hope Rubio and Westbrook both go off for triple doubles and there are dozens of sweet dunks and Wolves win.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Shear Modulus posted:

lol it always goes back to bad teams giving firsts to philly

To be fair the Lakers traded it to the Suns, and if you're going to send a pick somewhere that there's a high probability of it being spent on the wrong player, other than the Kings you can't do much better.

Like my favorite basketball podcast throws shade on Hinkie's resume because he just picked BPA at the top but I mean that's not a sure thing.

Rick fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 7, 2017

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I didn't see this posted: Former sixers and blazers stats guy Ben Falk started a blog which is probably going to be great.

https://cleaningtheglass.com/

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/4/6/15211534/detroit-pistons-boban-marjanovic-henry-ellenson-michael-gbinije Pistons are in full tank mode, playing their lovely rookies and Boban, praying that New Orleans manages to win out so they can have the 10th rather than the 11th pick

dokmo posted:

I didn't see this posted: Former sixers and blazers stats guy Ben Falk started a blog which is probably going to be great.

He asks a very good question, regardless of the technical merits of the scheme how likely are you to get perfect execution, and how much does the scheme rely on that execution.
Was it last year that the Blazers went from bottom of the league to mediocre just by dropping their bigs back and playing extremely conservative medium effort defense?

There's also a health concern. The sort of stop on a dime awkward changes of direction you need to play really aggressive defense causes the sort of shear stresses that lead to ligaments and tendons tearing. A team playing a scheme like the Bucks' needs its trainers to put its players through all kinds of off balance movements so they have safe movement patterns ingrained even when they have to make extreme lateral twisting moves to recover. That goes especially for bigs with their long levers.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 7, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

This is really good.

It makes sense to me. The Lakers under Byron Scott ran pretty much what the Bucks were running on both end of the floor and the flaws of both those systems was really more readily apparent with the Lakers whose players just didn't buy in to the system and even when they did just didn't have the defensive talent to pull off something that required that level of precision.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Celts played like poo poo again, I"m the sickest I've ever been and I can't stop shivering - but Brooklyn locked up the worst record last night. Cool

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Chairchucker posted:

Arriving in Minnesota later tonight and seeing my first ever live NBA game Wednesday night, I'm pretty excited guys. I hope Rubio and Westbrook both go off for triple doubles and there are dozens of sweet dunks and Wolves win.

Enjoy! O'Donovan's across the street is a great place for a drink before the game, it's a better Irish Pub feel than Kieran's. It's OKC so you might not be able to, but if it does get empty most ushers stop caring about people sneaking down to the lower level in the 2nd Half.

Keep one eye on Wiggins off-ball while Rubio is on the court. Chances are you can see an alley-oop coming and that is really, really cool to sniff out live.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

I'll have to read up on it. Thanks!

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
its fine to be racist against white ppl though because it's true and white kids are scared of everyone

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

its fine to be racist against white ppl though because it's true and white kids are scared of everyone

"Have you ever been hated or discriminated against" -Thomas Welsh

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Cool Buff Man posted:

Celts played like poo poo again, I"m the sickest I've ever been and I can't stop shivering - but Brooklyn locked up the worst record last night. Cool

What do you think the Celts worst first round match up is?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What do you think the Celts worst first round match up is?

Probably Chicago, they have 2 games left against Brooklyn. Milwaukee if they can't get it together

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

For the first time in awhile, I find my self agreeing with Lavar Ball

E: lol =>
https://twitter.com/joshow74/status/850264072834568192

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 7, 2017

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Yup.

If it conveys to the Sixers this year then Orlando gets the Lakers 2019 pick.

If it doesn't convey this year and becomes the 2018 unprotected, then the Magic receive a pair of 2nds (2017 and 2018).

*richard pryor voice* Man that poo poo is harder than Chinese arithmetic!

Henchman of Santa posted:

LaVar Ball actually practices phrenology and race science

lol. "Son you a knothead, and I mean that in a good way!"

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

dokmo posted:

Yeah this is real good, thanks for the link.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Minnesota Timberwolves are now 24-21 in games where they've held a double digit lead at any point.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

LaVar Ball is going to cost his son #1 pick status and a few million dollars up front from going #2 or #3 and it's going to be hilarious.

If a team wants him at #1, he'll be the #1 pick. I'm more curious to see if it affects his endorsements. You sign the guy as a spokesman you're in essence getting his dad too.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Do all teams give out free stuff for the last home game of the season? I'd think so but realized I have no idea. The Mavs are giving out shirts and hats for their last home game on Tuesday. The last free Mavs shirt I got was at Dirk's 30k game, it had no ads on it.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Do all teams give out free stuff for the last home game of the season? I'd think so but realized I have no idea. The Mavs are giving out shirts and hats for their last home game on Tuesday. The last free Mavs shirt I got was at Dirk's 30k game, it had no ads on it.

The Suns usually do, this year they're giving out fanny packs lol

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
That does a pretty good job symbolizing the Suns season.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I imagine the Pistons are, since it's the last game ever at the Palace.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
News: Ben Simmons is apparently 7' now

Views: Monstars team is so close to fruition.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Chairchucker posted:

Have fun, dude. I went to my first game a couple weeks ago and I'd love to hear your impressions. I posted mine earlier in this thread, and one thing I forgot to mention was that the passes were MUCH faster in person than they appear on TV. It really drives home why being an elite or even good passer is so impressive. Keep an eye on it!

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Did Allen Crabbe justify his $18 million last night

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Meyers Leonard continues to be utter trash. With Nurk out Portland would rather spend 32 minutes with the tallest dude on the court being Noah Vonleh than play his garbage rear end.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So with all this Ball-to-the-Lakers talk, does that mean they're done with D'Angelo?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Also the underrated feel good story of the year is Kyle Singler's minutes absolutely plummeting.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

zoux posted:

So with all this Ball-to-the-Lakers talk, does that mean they're done with D'Angelo?

About as much as Fultz-to-the-Celtics means they're done with IT. It's the NBA, you're gonna draft BPA. And they might be able to play D'Angelo off the ball.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

zoux posted:

Most likely he'll move to SG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

And they might be able to play D'Angelo off the ball.

You mean off the Ball?

• Locked thread