Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Awesome release geese! Kind of rare that a game I've never heard of becomes my favourite part of the episode, but that was actually really fun to follow along with!

I loved it when Arino solved the big complex final level completely on accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
posting on a cool page

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
*makes cross sign*

Not today, Satan!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Will commemorate posting in the Devil's page by rewatching all the Makaimura episodes back to back.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sources claim that only by making deals with Satan, can Arino beat a videogame occasionally.

Iambic Pentameter
Sep 21, 2017

Bazaru de Gozaru's a really fun puzzle game, nice to see it getting some love

Game Freak's non-Pokémon titles are honestly so good

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The main man turns 49 today (February 25th), send him some wishes here.

@arimorokoshi415

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I've been interested in this show for years, but only recently had the hard drive and internet to actually acquire and watch it. Loved the English translation of the first game, too!

I was originally going to ask if there was any torrents available to save the effort of manually downloading a bunch of big files but I see from the last page that there is, and the OP was last updated in 2014, seven entire fuckin' years ago, causing me to age visibly in the reflection on my screen. Are there any, like, batch torrents, or do I still have to find 250 separate files? It's better than downloading them directly, but only somewhat!

John Lee fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 26, 2021

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

John Lee posted:

I've been interested in this show for years, but only recently had the hard drive and internet to actually acquire and watch it. Loved the English translation of the first game, too!

There should definitely be a batch available on a location that was mentioned.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Then I'll look harder, although I don't know how that's possible when I already searched two whole times over like ninety seconds!

edit: found it easily, dunno why I didn't see it before - either there was some kind of fuckery, or more likely I was just being a big dumb idiot!

John Lee fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 26, 2021

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Game Center KBX airs on the 28th of March, starring Kibe Kacho. No word on what'll be played.

https://twitter.com/gccx_official/status/1366176360436129792

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Something Sega. I will say Nights Into Dreams.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Maybe he is playing PHANTASY STAR ONLINE since the new one is releasing now?

Anyway, DEAR GEESE TEAM, will you look into "Game Center KBX"? :-)
(Sorry for being greedy...)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Kins posted:

Game Center KBX airs on the 28th of March, starring Kibe Kacho. No word on what'll be played.

https://twitter.com/gccx_official/status/1366176360436129792

I am excited

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

WesY2K posted:

Maybe he is playing PHANTASY STAR ONLINE since the new one is releasing now?

Anyway, DEAR GEESE TEAM, will you look into "Game Center KBX"? :-)
(Sorry for being greedy...)

New Genesis won't be out for a few months. It hasn't had its second CBT yet.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

New Genesis won't be out for a few months. It hasn't had its second CBT yet.

True but they also played Pokemon Snap metioning that the new one will come out this year and the episode aired 2020/10/08.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
Looked at a page listing translated GCCX episodes today, and I was struck by how out of the ~300 main episodes produced, more than 200 of them have been fan translated, including almost all of the first 200. That’s not even including the various specials, which there are a ton of.

Overall, it has to come to something like 250+ hours of GCCX, all carefully fan-subbed over the years for our enjoyment. Honestly kind of jaw dropping when I think about it that way.

Thanks so much to SA-GCCX, Goose Canyon, and everyone else for all the hard work! ❤️❤️ I’ve been recovering from an RSI recently and working my way through the episodes has been a wonderful way to let my arms rest.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
The Firemen on SFC will be the last game of Season 24. The season where Arino is /techinically/ undefeated (OGAWA!!!!!!!!!!!). I can't tell from watching the raws, but is the show acknowledging this in any way? Or did the Muscle Bomber "loss" take the wind out of the sails? Seems like it should be a pretty big deal. He's had really great win/loss records in the past few seasons admittedly.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Are there any news what Game Center KBX is about?

The site automatically translated for me to "A spin-off program in which all the staff are groping is here!" which sounds pretty naughty... are we finally having a real GAMECENTER SEX this time? xD

https://otn.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/921200056.html

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

WesY2K posted:

Are there any news what Game Center KBX is about?

The site automatically translated for me to "A spin-off program in which all the staff are groping is here!" which sounds pretty naughty... are we finally having a real GAMECENTER SEX this time? xD

https://otn.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/921200056.html
The theme of the special is apparently 10 things Kibe wanted to do.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Hey folks, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I was trying to fill out my GCCX collection and ran into the fact that there's inconsistent gaps in which episodes are translated. I'm not trying to complain or anything, nor am I looking to beg for :filez: . I was simply curious as to any reasoning behind the manner of release?

Or do I simply need to go back to my Japanese lessons? :v:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Translators tend to go for episodes they find the most interesting / or are generally considered good episodes. On the original SA run there were gaps because the last episodes to fill those gaps were boring / required a lot of work / were about subjects no one knew much about.

I can get behind that 100% because I've thought about what I would translate if I knew japanese and I would invariably go for all travel episodes or ones that have funny staff interaction (GCCX cruise ship episode go!)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I recently isolated the Tamage segments from most of the translated episodes, barring some non-SAGCCX episodes that didn't have hard subs and I didn't want to futz around with re-syncing the subs. It was just a personal side project that I mainly wanted to do because I love the arcade trips. I wanted to be able to put them on shuffle as background noise or whatever.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

I recently isolated the Tamage segments from most of the translated episodes, barring some non-SAGCCX episodes that didn't have hard subs and I didn't want to futz around with re-syncing the subs. It was just a personal side project that I mainly wanted to do because I love the arcade trips. I wanted to be able to put them on shuffle as background noise or whatever.

I've actually been considering taking that same project on so I'd be really interested in acquiring that compilation if you can put it up for share somewhere.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I could do that, but I don't know how okay any of the translators would be with it. Also the segments aren't entirely in order because I made a mistake early on and skipped an episode, and they're all just labeled "Tamage".

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

TeaJay posted:

Translators tend to go for episodes they find the most interesting / or are generally considered good episodes. On the original SA run there were gaps because the last episodes to fill those gaps were boring / required a lot of work / were about subjects no one knew much about.

I can get behind that 100% because I've thought about what I would translate if I knew japanese and I would invariably go for all travel episodes or ones that have funny staff interaction (GCCX cruise ship episode go!)

Ah, I suppose this makes sense. I always tend to find something fun in the show so I like to just binge them (especially if there's ongoing segments, also tamage natch), but I guess until then I will just have to be patient.

That said, I did notice some I obtained are missing now, so I am a little curious where they might have gone?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

enojy fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 1, 2021

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
that KIBEX ep was a lil weird tbh

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Yeah? So, what happened? Where can we see it?

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

Yoiko's 35 Years with Super Mario - Super Mario 64 Top Memories [GooseCanyon]

Translation: Bean

Proofreading: Bean

Subtitles: Bean

Special Thanks: Pinky

Arino fires up Windows 98 for his hardest challenge yet! Can he help Mario and the gang defeat Mavis Beacon?

In the newest bonus segment, "Hello Playdia", Kibe has locked Arino in a room and won't let him out until he completes the system's library. How will he fare against the likes of Gamera: The Time Adventure?

This time on 1996 Apple-Bandai Pippin, a closer look at Mr. Potato Head Saves Veggie Valley, Gadget: Invention, Travel, and Adventure, and Histoire(s) d'Urologie!
https://nyaa.si/view/1365910

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Okay, I hate you only because I really wish this was real.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
What is real are these beautiful workout clothes Arino and Hamaguchi are wearing while measuring their physical prowess in their current stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3c-oKky-9c

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dang, my washing machine did that to me too one time. I quickly learned to wash separately by color.

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

Game Center CX 205 - Mole Mania [GooseCanyon]

Translation: Phosphorescent Skeleton
Proofreading: Kuishinbou
Subtitles: Clov
Special Thanks: Bean

As well, special thanks to the team at SA-GCCX, whose translation we used for the opening of the “DJ Monster” segment.

Dig up, stupid!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

GooseCanyon posted:

Game Center CX 205 - Mole Mania [GooseCanyon]

Translation: Phosphorescent Skeleton
Proofreading: Kuishinbou
Subtitles: Clov
Special Thanks: Bean

As well, special thanks to the team at SA-GCCX, whose translation we used for the opening of the “DJ Monster” segment.

Dig up, stupid!

Thanks geese! I will add the link: https://nyaa.si/view/1366263

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Thanks geese! I will add the link: https://nyaa.si/view/1366263

https://youtu.be/GSE-qKSkPKw

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Nice! And thank you.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Whoo, thanks for the new release! (And the April fool's joke, though this time I remembered what happened last year)

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Holey moley, what a brutal gameboy game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT
Thank you kind geese for this new translated episode. Also page 666 spooky.