Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Walked into a local shop tonight and they had St Lamvinus sitting on the shelf. Expensive, but it's St Lam. On a shelf. How could I resist?

Fuckin Philly! Nice find dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

It's page 666, time for some spoooooooooooky beer :eek:

:drac:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I just... what... :psyboom:

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Super Hassler! Where is that adorable jack-o-lantern glass from? I must have it!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Austin folks: there are still bottles of Cerveza de Tempranillo and Montmorency vs. Balaton at Jester King. If it makes it past Friday night, I might end up taking a cannonball run down there on Saturday.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

air- posted:

Austin folks: there are still bottles of Cerveza de Tempranillo and Montmorency vs. Balaton at Jester King. If it makes it past Friday night, I might end up taking a cannonball run down there on Saturday.

SCORE. My girlfriend is in the area...

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

For 666 chat I submit for the approval of the Midnight Society beer thread a bunch of labels from Spring House...

They also make a draft only beer called Countess Bathory.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Haven't had this beer, but in the spirit (see what I did there?) of 666 chat:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Tired Hands "Silent Six"

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 27, 2014

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Surprised no one has posted anything by these guys...

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

They say it's 9.666% in the taproom.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
666? Just gonna drop this off right here...

http://localoptionbier.com/

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?

confonnit posted:

Hitting up Asheville this weekend and will definitely be going by Wicked Weed and maybe Green Man. Any recommendations on growlers for either brewery?

French Toast Stout's been getting a lot of love from Wicked Weed. They might also have some bottles left from the Black Angel release last weekend.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

Arghh I shoulda saved this for page 668

Jerome Louis fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 27, 2014

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
TRVE Brewing?

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

funkybottoms posted:

TRVE Brewing?

What about their not-related but also metal sorta-neighbors Black Sky Brewing?

Yes, that is two metal-themed breweries within like two miles of each other. Also TRVE is expanding to a second, larger location called The Acid Shack or something ridiculous like that. Second location will focus on sours and barrel aging :getin:

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

funkybottoms posted:

TRVE Brewing?

If they were really metal they would have called it CVLT Brewing.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Retemnav posted:

French Toast Stout's been getting a lot of love from Wicked Weed. They might also have some bottles left from the Black Angel release last weekend.

I was at Wicked Weed yesterday and the day before and had a blast.

They had a good amount of Black Angel bottles left over for purchase, but French Toast Stout was kicked by the time I got there.

My favorites that I tried, though they aren't available in growlers, are the 1st Anniversary Barleywine and Oblivion. Great stuff.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

danbanana posted:

CVLT is the name of their reserve society IIRC

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

spookychat:

Eejit stole the first one I was gonna link :argh: Also as a long time Misfits fan, how did I never notice that Ghost Face Killah's logo is the Crimson Ghost?

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 27, 2014

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

danbanana posted:

imo "Tr00 kvlt brew-tality"

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Cbear posted:

Super Hassler! Where is that adorable jack-o-lantern glass from? I must have it!

I got no idea, it was off a google image search that I can no longer seem to replicate.

How about this for a real fright: Creme Brulee Stout is back in stores! :gonk: I opted for a couple of beers from a new pale series Laurelwood is doing instead, hope they're good.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
Headed up to Jack's Abby for some Cascadian Shwarzbier and Hoponius Union :swoon:

I want to try their Baby Maker wine lager and sour Braun too. Anyone have these?

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

SUPER HASSLER posted:

I got no idea, it was off a google image search that I can no longer seem to replicate.

This might be the original? http://www.flickr.com/photos/nwbeerguide/5087954773/

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

TenaciousTomato posted:

Headed up to Jack's Abby for some Cascadian Shwarzbier and Hoponius Union :swoon:

I want to try their Baby Maker wine lager and sour Braun too. Anyone have these?

Baby Maker is whatever- i've got a second bottle i'll sit on for a lone time or send as an extra at some point. i've not had the Braun, but i've heard it's disgusting from a few different people who ended up pouring their bottles out. get some BA Framinghammer if possible, poo poo is delicious.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

funkybottoms posted:

Baby Maker is whatever- i've got a second bottle i'll sit on for a lone time or send as an extra at some point. i've not had the Braun, but i've heard it's disgusting from a few different people who ended up pouring their bottles out. get some BA Framinghammer if possible, poo poo is delicious.

oh yes I am well versed in BA framinghammer. maybe i'll get one of the coffee/vanilla variants then. thanks

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Echoing the Babymaker (good, not great) and Framinghammer (coffee>vanilla>BA>regular) comments.

Valencia
Feb 1, 2005

Cyril, go lock up the product before Cokie Monster here gobbles it all up.

:catdrugs:
Oooh, can NC get in on spookychat? I can't think of many beers that qualify, but Aviator has these two that are pretty great:

Finishing my second plate at the Saucer tonight. Man, how time flies.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

One of my faves, but I'm biased because I love the band and enjoyed the beer.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
666?

Three Floyds flagship beer, Alpha King. Weighing in at 6.66% abv, I feel this is quote appropriate to post here :)

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy

umop apisdn posted:

I'm heading down to St. Louis this weekend for a wedding, and I have Friday and Sunday free to do some beer related stuff. Other than Perennial and Schlafly, and our scheduled tour of the Budweiser plant, any places worth hitting up while I'm in town?

Just saw this.

Perennial - note, Perennial is way the gently caress out in the middle of nowhere and hard to find. Also, not the best neighborhood, so def use GPS
Four Hands - As far as I'm concerned they're the best local in St. Louis
Urban Chestnut - there's a new location on Manchester in the Grove, it's insane, I'd go there instead of the original on Wash Ave.. They're expanding their production to be twice that of Schlafly

If you're interested in bottle shops, I'd go to Randall's at Jefferson/I-44 or The Wine and Cheese Place in Clayton, depending on what part of the city you're in. Note, Randall's does not have cold beer, so if you want cold beer and are close to downtown, there's a new grocery store, Fields Foods, that has a bar in the store with local beers on tap AND an excellent beer selection. Wine and Cheese Place has a small cold beer selection.

Someone else suggested Bridge, which is okay, but I much prefer Range. Same owner, but Range has much better food and the beer selection is basically the same. They're like 3 blocks from each other. There's also a few International Tap House locations around town that have great selections on tap, plus a Flying Saucer downtown by the stadium.

Not a brewery in St. Louis (they're about an hour out of town), but Second Shift has really awesome beers and they'll be in any of the bottle shops I mentioned. If you like IPAs, Ratsalad is an awesome DIPA. The owner, Steve, is an awesome guy, buy his beer!

Oh, and not beer related, but if you want a cocktail: Taste or Planter's House.

That, plus a wedding, should keep you pretty sauced for the weekend.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Drinking the very last BIF2 beer I got from Kudosx and it's Rivertown Lambic. Talk about delicious. The port wine barrel character is so apparent and the overall dry and vinous character makes for an excellent birthday drink. Thanks a bunch man, glad I get to hoard most of this for myself. The entire BIF2 box was super enjoyable.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Spooky beers? Licensed beers?

I've had their donuts. They're fantastic. Only tried one of the licensed beers, though. It was alright.

Capt. Awesome
Jun 17, 2005
¡orale vato!
You guys can't forget this one!

6.66% ABV! :devil:

Seriously though, it's delicious and one of my favorite seasonal beers.

umop apisdn
May 22, 2003
upside down

Nione posted:

A bunch of awesome stuff

Thanks for the info, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for all the travel advice recently, everyone.

We need to get that wiki back up.

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy

umop apisdn posted:

Thanks for the info, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for all the travel advice recently, everyone.

We need to get that wiki back up.

Just realized I forgot Civil Life, another cool little brewery in South City with excellent beer. Worth a stop if you've got time, but not as great as the first three I mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Only 6.66 percenter I've had. Nice though.

Edit: Problems attaching at work. It was this:

http://www.abbeydalebrewery.co.uk/uploads/beers/pump-clips/260x323/black_mass.png