Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh hey when did SBF changed their twitch layout? Kinda glad they took out the twitch comments, I always thought they were garbage.

Woolie is streaming Heavy Rain with the whole crew with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Matt and pats frenchchild voices are so good

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm calling the Legendary Dogs God Dogs from now on.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie might be redeemable as a human being by taking out the twitch comments.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shindragon posted:

Oh hey when did SBF changed their twitch layout? Kinda glad they took out the twitch comments, I always thought they were garbage.

Woolie is streaming Heavy Rain with the whole crew with him.

I think it was on the cast when they were like "twitch comments are loving stupid, why even bother with them at all" "don't we have twitch comments embedded on our stream videos themselves" "...yeah"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That sucks, I like watching people react as poo poo happens on stream. Maybe not for live broadcasts but it makes sense for archives especially when streamers start talking to chat.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

HGH posted:

That sucks, I like watching people react as poo poo happens on stream. Maybe not for live broadcasts but it makes sense for archives especially when streamers start talking to chat.

Once you get about a certain threshold of viewers there's simply too many people and too much chat for it to make sense to display.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

HGH posted:

IIRC, twitch added the ability to watch archived twitch chat.

But it's also garbage 99% of the time

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The only good things to ever come out of Twitch chat were WVGCW's shadow chat and OHOHOHOHOHOHO spam every time Karin hits her super in SFV.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Neo_Crimson posted:

From all accounts it's supposed to be that Gunbuster Zygarde, but it looks like they're skipping Z entirely so who knows if we'll ever see that in-game.

Someone high up did say that we'd see XY's "conclusion" or something presented in an interesting way, so most likely whatever storyline Zygarde had to him will be a part of S&M, as for why not make Z, on top of wanting to celebrate 20 years there's the fact that third versions always did around 6 million sales, less than half of what remakes do and new gen games usually are in the late teens of sales, B2W2 was a cool experiment to have a more successful 'third version' but still only did around 8 million, so it looks like they'll just scrap that altogether which is a very, very positive thing.

I'll have to check on Woolie's sadness trilogy stream later but i'm glad they're finally doing it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dias posted:

The only good things to ever come out of Twitch chat were WVGCW's shadow chat and OHOHOHOHOHOHO spam every time Karin hits her super in SFV.

Yeah VGCW, Evo and Salty Bet (when it used to be good )is when I only leave the chat on.

Otherwise it's off.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

gently caress Pokemon for scrapping stuff because it "only" does 8 million when most major budget video games can barely do that

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Tae posted:

gently caress Pokemon for scrapping stuff because it "only" does 8 million when most major budget video games can barely do that

I really doubt that they're just throwing it out wholesale dude. Frankly I would be perfectly happy if Pocket Monsters was entirely confined to two versions at a time from now on.

(For those curious)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

Right? I guess it's a disappointment when you do 18mi, but fuckin' hell.

God, I forgot about the voice acting in Heavy Rain.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Tae posted:

I"m a little confused. What's the context of this?

Also god the HR voice acting is so bad haha.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Once you get about a certain threshold of viewers there's simply too many people and too much chat for it to make sense to display.
Yeah, I guess I didn't realize the guys were popular enough for "incomprehensible memeflow chat" and not "talk to your stream regulars" chat.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Shindragon posted:

I"m a little confused. What's the context of this?

Also god the HR voice acting is so bad haha.

Remember how Pokemon would release two versions and then two or three years later they'd make another version that's the exact same but with a few tweaks and maybe some new area for challenging battles and charge you a full 40 bucks for them? It seems those might be gone since they always sell way less than half of what the regular versions do.

I'm all in for the idea of "gently caress company for cancelling stuff due to not going past 10 million!" but with Pokemon i'm cool with no more 10 dollar expansion packs being packaged as their own 40 dollar game.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ah. Yeah same. Thanks for explaining.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Pat is going to need to visit a burn ward once he sees his girlfriend's latest tweets.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I really doubt that they're just throwing it out wholesale dude. Frankly I would be perfectly happy if Pocket Monsters was entirely confined to two versions at a time from now on.

(For those curious)

What's up with Ash-Greninja? Is this another sub-set of mega evolution?

I'm kind of surprised Hitmontop isn't in Pokken as the Eddie of the roster.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

DrSnakeLaser posted:

I'm kind of surprised Hitmontop isn't in Pokken as the Eddie of the roster.

It's still up in the air AFAIK but I would assume it's either a special version of Mega Evolution or they're giving Mega Evolutions names now.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DrSnakeLaser posted:

No one knows. IT's just something that's kind of happening in the anime, no idea if it'll be anything in the games ever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I can't believe the store robber has King Crimson in this version of Heavy Rain.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kimmalah posted:

Pat is going to need to visit a burn ward once he sees his girlfriend's latest tweets.

I mean, that's every day in Pat's life because all of her Twitter existence is devoted to wrecking Pat 24/7.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Someone high up did say that we'd see XY's "conclusion" or something presented in an interesting way, so most likely whatever storyline Zygarde had to him will be a part of S&M, as for why not make Z, on top of wanting to celebrate 20 years there's the fact that third versions always did around 6 million sales, less than half of what remakes do and new gen games usually are in the late teens of sales, B2W2 was a cool experiment to have a more successful 'third version' but still only did around 8 million, so it looks like they'll just scrap that altogether which is a very, very positive thing.

I honestly doubt the lower sales are a reason for skipping Z. It might 'only' be 6 million sales, but when it comes to third versions, most of the game is already done. Those 6 million sales are more or less free money for Game Freak/Nintendo/The Pokemon Company.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I can't believe the store robber has King Crimson in this version of Heavy Rain.

So glad I turned the stream back on in time to see Scotoro Scholby fight King Crimson.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 16, 2016

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Ruggington posted:

fighting games that simultaneously try to build an entirely new fighting engine and design a massive cast of characters from scratch are bad

It worked for Skullgirls.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Megalixir posted:

Skullgirls had fewer characters than Pokken did.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Megalixir posted:

Skullgirls only launched with 10 characters.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

hoobajoo posted:

Tekken has a big roster because it's gone through something like nine iterations. And Pikachu is the best and most perfect pokemon design, so of course they have two.

As to the Gen Wars, I think gen 1 has the least "mediocre" designs, a lot of them are either great or terrible. Nostalgia makes you forget about the bad ones, so all you remember are a bunch of Charizards and Eevee evolutions, and not dumpster fires like Dugtrio, Ekans, and Mr. Mime.

What I'm saying is they've the experience to make a huge roster without screwing the pooch. Pokken bombed hard, due to weird demographics being that Pokémon players aren't in arcades and fighting game players are too busy playing real fighting games, but if it had more variety I think it would've been more popular as a result.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
The balloon. Gotta get the balloon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

So glad I turned the stream back on in time to see Scotoro Scholby fight King Crimson.

The balloon! Gotta get the balloon.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Megalixir posted:

What I'm saying is they've the experience to make a huge roster without screwing the pooch. Pokken bombed hard, due to weird demographics being that Pokémon players aren't in arcades and fighting game players are too busy playing real fighting games, but if it had more variety I think it would've been more popular as a result.

Pokken bombed? Where did you get that?

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 16, 2016

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

Still the best Heavy Rain video on the internet.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I was about to ask him that. Pokkén sold better than SFV on its release week, and it's on a comatose console. Hell, apparently it increased Wii U sales by 151%

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The arcade version kind of flopped but the Wii U version was responsible for a 150% increase in Wii U sales in Japan upon it's release. It had a really solid launch in the UK too, apparently.

No clue how it did in North America, but I can only assume it did pretty well here too. I would hardly call it a flop.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dexie posted:

The arcade version kind of flopped

Apparently that was more about how long you could make a token last than anything else.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

R1, no hesitation

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

lets hang out posted:

R1, no hesitation

"... That was a mistake."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011