Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jota posted:

Rick would gently caress Lavar Ball up like he was playing a classroom full of retarded kids

Rick would tattoo Spalding on his forehead. Lavar Ball is a terrible basketball player; have we all forgotten that video from a month ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/mccauley318/status/849981704886337536

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/850444416645038082

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

that kid is going to piss off so many opponents as he grows up

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/850460360326991872

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

This is a really good article on Khris Middleton, hopefully the Bucks can finally have Giannis, Jabari, and Middleton playing together next year

https://theringer.com/nba-milwaukee-bucks-khris-middleton-secretly-great-23e6de47dc96

How bad was jabaris injury? Is he expect back by the start of the season or nah?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Kibner posted:

Monty Williams is a good dude. His late wife, Ingrid, is amazing.

*was

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

boxcarhobo posted:

How bad was jabaris injury? Is he expect back by the start of the season or nah?

Ahahah.

It was bad. Real bad. Don't expect him to be back till late next year.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Whoops well gently caress all referees

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Nope, I stick with "is" because her positive influence continues to be felt.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Posting on the Page of the Beast

Pretend I posted a picture of Grayson Allen even though he'll never play in the NBA

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Crazy Ted posted:

Pretend I posted a picture of Grayson Allen even though he'll never play in the NBA

Too bad, he'd be the one person I think everyone would applaud Draymond for meat-checking.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Crazy Ted posted:

666 hail statistical analysis

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

attackmole posted:

Ahahah.

It was bad. Real bad. Don't expect him to be back till late next year.

:(

Same knee too, drat. I like Jabari, I still have high hopes for him but... drat.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

The only people who think Russell--who just has had a really good sophomore season--should play out of position at SG for Ball are hardcore Russell haters and people who think Lavar Ball has a great basketball mind. Either way not people I'd want to trust but unfortunately Magic Johnson probably is one of them.

And even if you believe that Russell can't run an offense (even though the numbers and watching the team regularly suggest otherwise), then you draft Dennis Smith, not a guy who has shown no ability to run a half court offense and whose entire game revolves around fast breaking in a league where 28 teams are really good at stopping breaks (and the Lakers are one of the teams that can't).

Russell looks really good when they're playing with some pace and the offense is flowing. When guys are standing around and he has to do it all himself, he's a different player. He has a lot of potential that just hasn't shown because of roster construction.

If I was the Lakers' GM and won the lottery, I'd trade Russell and take Fultz. Before I said Fultz was like Russell but better at everything, but that's not quite right. You can tell they're both really influenced by James Harden, while Russell is small and just an ok athlete, Fultz is quick, fast, and bouncy, he moves kind of like a stretched out Brandon Jennings with more hoppiness who's learned to mimic James Harden. He's really good at using his combination of quickness and handle to get easy angles to the basket where Russell would have to pass out of because he's not fast/hoppy enough and doesn't have quite the handle.

He looks really good, there's a difference between racing around inferior college competition and making it look like it's just a walkthrough before a game, and Fultz really made it look that easy.

Ball scares me. He has trouble getting past run of the mill college pgs on the perimeter if he doesn't have a full head of steam or doesn't push off. He resorts to hop--fadeaways when other guys would take a normal jumper off the dribble, and at the sight of any opposition around the rim he just stops halfway between the basket and the ft line and either throws up a floater or passes out. He's a willing passer and his teammates enjoy playing with him, that's very good, I like passing, but if he can be smothered on the perimeter, how effective will his passing be..

He makes threes in transition that are uncontested because college teams don't play like that, that's not the case in the NBA. He also gets open by just taking shots from the NBA line, which the defenders seem to not expect. It's possible that he'll make those shots in the NBA and that will open up passing lanes. But there are so many times a 6'6 guy gets stopped dead by the 6'2 pg of lovely teams like Pacific and Long Beach in the half court. Me, Dejan Bimble, Small as a Thimble, will let someone else draft him.

Dennis Smith really is similar to Steve Francis, not quite as explosive, but teams played so far off of him, in fear of his drives, that he got to shoot practice jump shots in games, and he has the lift to hit midrange jumpers over much bigger players. He ignores teammates in a Reggie Jackson-ish way. Don't know if that's the teammates or him being a selfish player, but he doesn't even glance toward them. I think he has a better chance of being an all star caliber player than Ball. I feel like you can build team chemistry and coach a player like him into sharing the ball, but fixing Lonzo Ball's deficiencies will require Lonzo learning how to play half court basketball, one seems easier than the other.

I think Edmond Sumner could be an NBA starter in 4 or 5 years, he just has to learn to shoot and finish

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 8, 2017

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Kibner posted:

Monty Williams is a good dude. His late wife, Ingrid, is amazing.

Quite an article. I wished he'd stayed with the Thunder at the time, but couldn't blame him an iota for wanting to leave.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Yeah Kibner, thanks for sharing. I had forgotten what an amazing eulogy he gave.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Not that he needs it but good luck to RW tonight

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

So this dunk is incredibly sick, but is it just accepted that a 360 degree dunk counts if you turn 180 before jumping?

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
Coach Budenholzer, your team seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so successful?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

Yeah Kibner, thanks for sharing. I had forgotten what an amazing eulogy he gave.

I try to post anything interesting about him because he is one of the only people who I've never met yet means something special to me.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Satan page

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

warcrimes posted:

Not that he needs it but good luck to RW tonight

You hexed him

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

Something tells me they won't say "Houston won't make the playoffs" after this season. The Spurs being too old/done was said for almost a decade. I have distinct memories of it being said in 08-09.

In this scenario I want to be sitting courtside wearing a Rick jersey heckling LaVar.

I really appreciate this and would definitely point at you after my signature Van Exel floater that I sometimes float over the backboard completely.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Russell looks really good when they're playing with some pace and the offense is flowing. When guys are standing around and he has to do it all himself, he's a different player. He has a lot of potential that just hasn't shown because of roster construction.

If I was the Lakers' GM and won the lottery, I'd trade Russell and take Fultz. Before I said Fultz was like Russell but better at everything, but that's not quite right. You can tell they're both really influenced by James Harden, while Russell is small and just an ok athlete, Fultz is quick, fast, and bouncy, he moves kind of like a stretched out Brandon Jennings with more hoppiness who's learned to mimic James Harden. He's really good at using his combination of quickness and handle to get easy angles to the basket where Russell would have to pass out of because he's not fast/hoppy enough and doesn't have quite the handle.

He looks really good, there's a difference between racing around inferior college competition and making it look like it's just a walkthrough before a game, and Fultz really made it look that easy.

Ball scares me. He has trouble getting past run of the mill college pgs on the perimeter if he doesn't have a full head of steam or doesn't push off. He resorts to hop--fadeaways when other guys would take a normal jumper off the dribble, and at the sight of any opposition around the rim he just stops halfway between the basket and the ft line and either throws up a floater or passes out. He's a willing passer and his teammates enjoy playing with him, that's very good, I like passing, but if he can be smothered on the perimeter, how effective will his passing be..

He makes threes in transition that are uncontested because college teams don't play like that, that's not the case in the NBA. He also gets open by just taking shots from the NBA line, which the defenders seem to not expect. It's possible that he'll make those shots in the NBA and that will open up passing lanes. But there are so many times a 6'6 guy gets stopped dead by the 6'2 pg of lovely teams like Pacific and Long Beach in the half court. Me, Dejan Bimble, Small as a Thimble, will let someone else draft him.

Dennis Smith really is similar to Steve Francis, not quite as explosive, but teams played so far off of him, in fear of his drives, that he got to shoot practice jump shots in games, and he has the lift to hit midrange jumpers over much bigger players. He ignores teammates in a Reggie Jackson-ish way. Don't know if that's the teammates or him being a selfish player, but he doesn't even glance toward them. I think he has a better chance of being an all star caliber player than Ball. I feel like you can build team chemistry and coach a player like him into sharing the ball, but fixing Lonzo Ball's deficiencies will require Lonzo learning how to play half court basketball, one seems easier than the other.

I think Edmond Sumner could be an NBA starter in 4 or 5 years, he just has to learn to shoot and finish

I mostly agree with this, although I actually think Fultz and Russell have more potential compatibility than Russell and Ball so I wouldn't make any moves at least right away.

Also I also love Sumner.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Boban

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Using this page to invest my boy Bryn with satanic magical potential on his proudest night and with this definitely significant stat
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154418212011981&id=25781101980
21 11 666

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Hail satin

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Mavs Highlight of the week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs6DvQ9VQJU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Spoelstra is really an amazing coach. This Heat team is full of garbage players and passed over under achievers. Yet he gets them to play real good defence and consistently work for optimal shots. The fact that he gets such a confused bonehead like Whiteside to play this well is insane.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So, I haven't considered - until tonight - the fact that a team that occasionally starts Joe Ingles is going to make the NBA Playoffs.

I don't like it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

The Minnesota Timberwolves are now 24-2122 in games where they've held a double digit lead at any point.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

While we're on the subject of Minnesota: would it surprise you that they have #1 and #2 on the Minutes Played charts this year? And they're both ahead by about 100?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BWV posted:

Spoelstra is really an amazing coach. This Heat team is full of garbage players and passed over under achievers. Yet he gets them to play real good defence and consistently work for optimal shots. The fact that he gets such a confused bonehead like Whiteside to play this well is insane.

this reminds me of fred hoiberg who splices clips of meatballs into gamefilm before he spins the Wheel of Point Guard Minutes

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Shear Modulus posted:

the Spurs be Too Old even after Manu and Parker retire and LaMarcus becomes their oldest player at like 33
Tim Duncan will be 43 and retired for 3 years by then. The Spurs will be way too old.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 8, 2017

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Kings/Lakers tank off had the perfect tank ending

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry guys I had to skip swipe right night, mom had complications from getting platelets. She's cool, I just had to skip the game.

I have failed as a something awful journalist

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Sorry guys I had to skip swipe right night, mom had complications from getting platelets. She's cool, I just had to skip the game.

I have failed as a something awful journalist

Glad she's okay! I feel like there has to be some other ATL SA person who should've gone in your stead, they're the failure.

WhyteRyce posted:

The Kings/Lakers tank off had the perfect tank ending

The Lakers are hilariously bad at at tanking and really just are in this position because they're pretty bad in general. The remaining games:

Timber-wolves (1-2)
Pelicans (1-2)
Warriors (1-2)

One would think the Lakers couldn't beat all three of those teams, especially with one of them being the Warriors, but the end of the season is a weird time.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

BWV posted:

I mean Spo made Dion Waiters going down into a playoff hope killing situation. It's amazing.

Heat probably wont make the playoffs now but the fact I was watching so many games this year made me hapoy with this team. But don't fall in love with the stripper.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Pistons probably blew their shot at Ntilikina or Jonathan Isaac by winning tonight

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

I mean Spo made Dion Waiters going down into a playoff hope killing situation. It's amazing.

Dions always been a star it just took you guys this long to notice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Crazy Ted posted:

While we're on the subject of Minnesota: would it surprise you that they have #1 and #2 on the Minutes Played charts this year? And they're both ahead by about 100?

Wiggins is absolutely the kind of guy who should be on top of the minutes played board for a team that was scratching for a playoff spot. I have no problem with that.

KAT is getting too many minutes.

• Locked thread