Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

jivjov posted:

Hey friends; me and some friends are currently marathoning a bunch of Kirby games to raise money for The Epilepsy Foundation. Tune in at moblinsformatt.org or twitch.tv/moblinsformatt

Would love to see some goon presence tune in...and hey, you could enter our raffle for a Galaxy New 3DSXL and the two 3DS Kirby titles.

I forgot to mention; we're doing a thing where one of us is going to get pelted with tomatoes. You can come make sure it's me if you want!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Spellman posted:

They just need Netflix the poo poo out of old games once and for all

All I can say is there's a reason why noted forums poster and crime-commiter KingSlime doesn't pirate music or movies, and hasn't for over a decade.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/2/15730702/nintendo-switch-virtual-console

classic game collection and virtual console are two different things apparently and still no word on any VC. :|

i bet the CGC is going to be the 30 games from the nes classic complete with the UI and poo poo, just with added online.

Holy poo poo that's loving stupid. Well done Nintendo!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hail Devil World.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is there a way to disable friends from seeing this?

The little ? icon above the Play Activity area says you can modify who sees your play activity or clear it entirely in the User Settings page. I can't confirm myself how much you can change it cause I have no switch friends yet. :smith:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ventana posted:

The little ? icon above the Play Activity area says you can modify who sees your play activity or clear it entirely. I can't confirm myself how much you can change it cause I have no switch friends yet. :smith:

Post your friend code, friend.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Whoever it was, you lied to me: Arms is good :colbert:

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

s.i.r.e. posted:

Post your friend code, friend.

Is there a FC friend thread here for switch?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ventana posted:

Is there a FC friend thread here for switch?

It's in the OP at the bottom.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
bring Demon's Crest to the VC you fuckers

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Lobstertainment posted:

Whoever it was, you lied to me: Arms is good :colbert:

Same

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Hail Satan. ARMS is a bad game.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Arms is great. Looks like Satan loses again

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I think separating VC from "Classic Game Collection" is a good idea, but I interpret it to mean the availability of really popular stuff isn't necessarily going to be affected by needing to drip feed games on the CGC service. I would assume we'll see primarily multiplayer focused or less famous games on CGC and the marquee titles will be available first on VC and may come to CGC later.

I mean whatever happens, we can probably safely assume we won't get a huge library of popular VC games available very quickly on the CGC. That model usually goes hand in hand with drip feeding and a high degree of variability in desirability.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Zelder posted:

I wish I could agree friend! Sadly it is not though.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I wish I could agree friend! Sadly it is not though.

Arms is destroying friendships and tearing this thread apart! Curse those damnable ARMS!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Nickoten posted:

I think separating VC from "Classic Game Collection" is a good idea, but I interpret it to mean the availability of really popular stuff isn't necessarily going to be affected by needing to drip feed games on the CGC service. I would assume we'll see primarily multiplayer focused or less famous games on CGC and the marquee titles will be available first on VC and may come to CGC later.

I mean whatever happens, we can probably safely assume we won't get a huge library of popular VC games available very quickly on the CGC. That model usually goes hand in hand with drip feeding and a high degree of variability in desirability.

Maybe they will start releasing VC games soon. Then next year when the CGC whatever starts up, the VC games will slowly turn into the free games available with the subscription. So you could buy the VC games you really want right now, and then later on you can get access to and try other games. That would satiate the people who want VC games right now but maybe they don't want to pay for online. And then people who just want the subscription can get it later. The only other thing I can think of for CGC and VC being separate is that hot ticket games like SMW and ALttP would be VC games you have to buy and then lesser games will show up on the CGC. Or maybe VC is just SNES/N64 and newer and CGC is just old gameboy and NES games.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
How can this thread hope to heal? You can't hug if you don't have ARMS.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

cats and dogs hug and they only have legs

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Cojawfee posted:

Maybe they will start releasing VC games soon. Then next year when the CGC whatever starts up, the VC games will slowly turn into the free games available with the subscription. So you could buy the VC games you really want right now, and then later on you can get access to and try other games. That would satiate the people who want VC games right now but maybe they don't want to pay for online. And then people who just want the subscription can get it later. The only other thing I can think of for CGC and VC being separate is that hot ticket games like SMW and ALttP would be VC games you have to buy and then lesser games will show up on the CGC. Or maybe VC is just SNES/N64 and newer and CGC is just old gameboy and NES games.

Yeah this is what I'm guessing will happen, too. I don't mind it if the emulation is good and the prices are better than they were on the Wii.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zelder posted:

Arms is destroying friendships and tearing this thread apart! Curse those damnable ARMS!

You can't hug your children with ARMS arms

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Dr Cheeto posted:

Well, you really shouldn't hug anyone you like with ARMS. Because ARMS is bad, you see.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
So far, the only thing I've thought was completely and utterly awful about the Switch is their stupid idea to put voice chat on a smartphone app as opposed to on the console itself. I really just can't fathom how everyone involved in that decision actually thought it was a good idea. It might even be the worst idea in Nintendo history - and there's been a LOT of bad ideas even tho I love Ninty.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think CGC is fine since it sounds like it takes all the games not worth buying by themselves, like Ice Climbers and Wrecking Crew, and pretty much throws them in for free with the online service that people would probably buy anyway. Having SMB3 included in that is a freaking steal.

And hell, for all we know VC might still end up being a separate subscription service.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

InFlames235 posted:

So far, the only thing I've thought was completely and utterly awful about the Switch is their stupid idea to put voice chat on a smartphone app as opposed to on the console itself. I really just can't fathom how everyone involved in that decision actually thought it was a good idea. It might even be the worst idea in Nintendo history - and there's been a LOT of bad ideas even tho I love Ninty.

a) Japan has a thing about smartphones, as far as I can tell (would love to be corrected/elaborated tho).
b) It encourages using mobile passthrough when out of the house?

It makes me think the entire thing is a consideration for the Japanese market only as they're all more likely to use features that require near-social interaction like StreetPass. But yeah it's real dumb.

Zelder posted:

:yeah:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm insanely ready for multiplayer super MARIO WORLD on my Switch.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ARMS is fine but I'm not crazy about fighting games so its a pass for me

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ARMS is OK but I just bought Tekken 7 and tbh I think I'm more willing to double dip and buy it again on PS4 than buy ARMS. Good attempt Nintendo!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

eonwe posted:

ARMS is fine but I'm not crazy about fighting games so its a pass for me

Wow can you please keep the hate to yourself

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

SNES games not included sorry.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I enjoy reading books and never play any video games so good try idiot game developers.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Oh poo poo. Totally forgot arms is live this weekend again! I can't wait to not play it because it's poo poo and sucks.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Getting my rear end kicked online at Balloon Fight by Japanese people on my Nintendo tablet is going to be a very strange experience

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hello page 666, my Switch is possessed by evil spirits.

"The software was closed because an error occurred."

Is this common? Wouldn't re-start Zelda until I physically rebooted the unit.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Martytoof posted:

Hello page 666, my Switch is possessed by evil spirits.

"The software was closed because an error occurred."

Is this common? Wouldn't re-start Zelda until I physically rebooted the unit.

PEBSAC

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Dude the multiplayer in SMW was just "take turns"

Of all the games to get multiplayer support, that one makes the least sense. It'd basically just be a spectator mode.

If you think they're going to re-design SMW for Switch keep loving dreaming.

That said we'll get a New Super Mario World 3D Switch Land soon enough.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

How so

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Arms is real bad especially after playing two real fighting games

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

No... NO super MARIO WORLD? and people are GLOATING over this? god, disgusting

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I just... wanna PLAY super MARIO WORLD! On my Nintendo Switch

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

KOTAKU???? POLYGON???? GAMESTOP???? GIANT "BOMB"?
??

can someone just CONFIRM or d/e/n/y that super MARIO WORLD is coming to nintendo's new Switch? gaming console

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This thread is the worst. Just go play SMw on some other better system like the SNES

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread