Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I was in the camp of "eh, she doesn't look bad" until I saw the wet spot. something undesirable is going on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Stoatbringer posted:

Have you met Jesus, m'lady?

Thank you for posting these on page 666. Hail Satan.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

IamnotJoe posted:

Should there be this much overlap between little girls and neckbeards?

drat that was big.

sorry for late

but the best part of this is she's tipping it. Almost like these companies are self-aware

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Just some wholesome fursuit action.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
The one on the far right weirds me out the most. Some of the others have big cartoon eyes and look like dumb mascot suits, but that one tries a little too hard to be more realistic.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
It makes one wonder if there is a division in the furry community between people who try to get their suits as realistic as possible and people who are into the doofy cartoon faces.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
http://realfursuits.tumblr.com/

karl fungus has a new favorite as of 02:03 on May 6, 2014

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

This guy looks like he's about 4 inches tall and he's posing on a couch in a single wide trailer.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
Is the one on the far left supposed to be a giant realistic beaver? Because for some reason that's amusing me far more than the horrifying cartoon dogs on the right.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
:stare:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

pospysyl posted:

Just some wholesome fursuit action.

Someone's fursona is an anthro version of Amaterasu from Okami?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Is the one on the far left supposed to be a giant realistic beaver? Because for some reason that's amusing me far more than the horrifying cartoon dogs on the right.

I honestly didn't notice the stealth beaver until you pointed it out.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

IamnotJoe posted:

Should there be this much overlap between little girls and neckbeards?

drat that was big.

Waiting for Fedora the Explorer

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Someone's fursona is an anthro version of Amaterasu from Okami?

I'm pretty sure it's just an Afghan hound.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Paladinus posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just an Afghan hound.

Two from left.

Jane Goodall
Sep 29, 2007

Local musician. Quintessential medium fish in a very small pond, complete with large ego and total lack of self-awareness.

Wrote multiple "scathing", unintentionally hilarious letters to the editor of a local music rag calling out other musicians in the area by name for their lack of artistic integrity while raging that he doesn't get the respect he deserves around town despite having been nominated for a Grammy at some point. The story goes that the editor initially didn't publish any of the letters because of how ridiculous they were, but finally relented. So, the guy became a bit of a laughing stock around town for a while, dismantling his band in the resulting fallout and disappearing for a little while. He then reemerged with this video. Opinions vary, but I can't say I care for his music much...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0bVz00t_IM

This fellow here is very, very serious about his craft.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Papyrus: truly the professional's choice of font.

I'm reminded of a friend/family member who's a musician. He's actually talented, but has similar problems with failing to see the correlation between popularity and making money. At least he keeps his negative outlook on musicians who are successful (and their solicited advice to his band) limited to his immediate circle of friends.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Russia?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Jane Goodall posted:

I want to know so much more.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

Jane Goodall posted:

Oh my god. That video was amazing. I can't stop laughing, what the gently caress is this

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

A rug on the wall is always Russia.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

karl fungus posted:

Oh my god. That video was amazing. I can't stop laughing, what the gently caress is this

His face as he plays the more intense stuff starts to do this weird contortion to where he looks like Beaker from the Muppets.

Jane Goodall
Sep 29, 2007

N. Senada posted:

I want to know so much more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9F5A_FP2IE

I can't find a good video of it, but one of his preferred performance outfits for a while was wearing just a sock while wildly playing his marimba.

He once referred to himself in so many words as the Micheal Jordan of music.

miserable lil onion
Oct 15, 2008

Jane Goodall posted:

Local musician. Quintessential medium fish in a very small pond, complete with large ego and total lack of self-awareness.

Wrote multiple "scathing", unintentionally hilarious letters to the editor of a local music rag calling out other musicians in the area by name for their lack of artistic integrity while raging that he doesn't get the respect he deserves around town despite having been nominated for a Grammy at some point. The story goes that the editor initially didn't publish any of the letters because of how ridiculous they were, but finally relented. So, the guy became a bit of a laughing stock around town for a while, dismantling his band in the resulting fallout and disappearing for a little while. He then reemerged with this video. Opinions vary, but I can't say I care for his music much...

Jesus Christ, this is amazing. The part where he does little spinning jumps? :mmmhmm:

And the end when he's backing up with his hands all majestically in the air, and trips.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Jane Goodall posted:

How do you manage to play so many percussion instruments and still have no rhythm?

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

nutranurse posted:

How do you manage to play so many percussion instruments and still have no rhythm?

oh my God... what's happened to Kenneth, The NBC Page?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jane Goodall posted:

This is like a love letter to being skilled without having any talent.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Jane Goodall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9F5A_FP2IE

I can't find a good video of it, but one of his preferred performance outfits for a while was wearing just a sock while wildly playing his marimba.

He once referred to himself in so many words as the Micheal Jordan of music.

he set it so you could view him sweat over some xylophones in 1080p, surely the michael jordan of our time.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

nutranurse posted:

Also how terrible is the local music scene for this guy to be consider a big deal?

e:Also something something about cultural appropriation. I mean, I know he's not appropriating anything, but the whole set-up and make up and dress makes it look like he's trying to appropriate something, but just fails to grasp any kind of coherent ascetic.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE has a new favorite as of 04:19 on May 6, 2014

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Go away, nice guy.

Also, am I to infer from the pictures in the middle that she's dead? :ohdear:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

nutranurse posted:

He was nowhere near the beat at any point what the gently caress. And all the comments on the video are glowing praise.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

nutranurse posted:

Also how terrible is the local music scene for this guy to be consider a big deal?

e:Also something something about cultural appropriation. I mean, I know he's not appropriating anything, but the whole set-up and make up and dress makes it look like he's trying to appropriate something, but just fails to grasp any kind of coherent ascetic.

He has become an aesthetic unto himself.

Cunty McKooze
Jun 16, 2009
HAHAHAH he was on beat literally 0% of the time. I went to the comments section because I expected reactions like mine and it was full of people acting like he was this rare talent. I need more of him.

Also I like how, in both videos, he throws his arms up in triumph and trips. Trips, both times. And the weird spins he was doing in the first video, the last one he falls into the xylophones or whatever that was.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
My favorite part is that speed is clearly key to being super good at music.

Jane Goodall
Sep 29, 2007

nutranurse posted:

To be honest, it's fairly diverse for how small the area is and has it's own rotating cast of genuinely skilled musicians. This guy managed some national success in the world music/instrumental pop vein, which completely went to his head, but he's not really representative of the scene as a whole. I think he's mainly a big deal in his own mind only at this point. Hence the letters, which I wish I could find copies of.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Jane Goodall posted:

I am a veteran and I approve of this video.

The intro reminds me of some Command and Conquer Windows 95 poo poo then I get a local theater production of Blue Man Group's Apocalypse Now.

This thing is loving beautiful.

EDIT: I love when people put "Dedicated to the US Military" type stuff at the beginning. I bet they think if they put that then any artistic criticisms can be ignored because it's for the troops.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
The guy definitely deserves way more attention, though perhaps not for the reasons he might have wanted.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
I think if he was really serious there would be more cartoon ricochet noises.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

uwaeve posted:

I think if he was really serious there would be more cartoon ricochet noises.

Flylo does it and that guy's loving successful as hell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalseShockWorker
Jan 28, 2009
His music sounds like the soundtrack of a bad Donkey Kong Country knockoff, or a really cheap documentary about Africa.

• Locked thread