Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

TeaJay posted:

The obvious answer would of course be for Arino to challenge Symphony of the Night. He would get a bad ending and have second part trying to clear the rest.

Just imagine the look on his face when the castle flips over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PlanetFlavor posted:

Unreasonable specifications of transcendental difficulty.

Arino challenges Dragon's Lair on Famicom next. Screenshots show him getting to level 3 at least which is impressive. Epic episode incoming.

Dammit. I don't have that yet since it's a but of a rare and expensive game and being on GCCX always makes prices spike. Arino should play something cheap or that I already have a copy of.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
A couple random GCCX questions I figured you guys would know the answer to:

1: What's the "Megaman 2 Live" episode? (listed as SP-11 on the SA-GCCX site). I've heard about other live shows but not that one.

2: Just out of curiosity: why has the Yuji Horii interview never ended up subbed? To be clear, I'm not bothering people in the thread to sub it, just curious because it stuck out like a sore thumb in the first ~130 episodes. Does it just have a ton more talking than normal challenge episodes?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

wocobob posted:

A couple random GCCX questions I figured you guys would know the answer to:

1: What's the "Megaman 2 Live" episode? (listed as SP-11 on the SA-GCCX site). I've heard about other live shows but not that one.

2: Just out of curiosity: why has the Yuji Horii interview never ended up subbed? To be clear, I'm not bothering people in the thread to sub it, just curious because it stuck out like a sore thumb in the first ~130 episodes. Does it just have a ton more talking than normal challenge episodes?

For the interview, there was a double whammy of not much interest and the only source file being abysmal. The sources we had for that season in general were pretty awful, but that was the bottom.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

For the interview, there was a double whammy of not much interest and the only source file being abysmal. The sources we had for that season in general were pretty awful, but that was the bottom.

Arino innocently eating ice cream by the window when the producer hands him a briefcase containing a complete set of the Famicom Family Stadium series.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
So many new replies and i was hoping that a new episode was out... *sigh*

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

My girlfriend fell in love with this otter (?) pencilcase as soon as we saw it. Does anyone know the brand/make so I can try to find it or is it just "generic UFO catcher loot"? It's from Rondo of Blood part 1.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Found it on this site:
https://shop.arumado.co.jp/products/detail/660

NEWカワウソペンケース "New Kawauso Pen Case," manufactured by Arumado. ("Kawauso" just means "river otter")

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Thank you! Doesn't seem like they ship to Europa and I was unable to find them anywhere else but their own website but I will bookmark this for the next time I fly to Japan.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Katana Gomai posted:

Thank you! Doesn't seem like they ship to Europa and I was unable to find them anywhere else but their own website but I will bookmark this for the next time I fly to Japan.

You can use a forwarding service. Years ago I looked into it and found a couple of them, so I imagine they are still around.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I can recommend Tenso. They just resumed air shipments, too.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I know you can forward packages from Japan but it's probably not worth the shipping cost (she doesn't love it that much...) Still, thanks for the recommendations!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

In minor GCCX news, I was just commissioned by them again to draw stuff for merch (not sure when it'll be released, but the subject matter sparks joy) so I've been catching up on eps because I'm very behind. I REALLY wish I had the free time to help with the translation efforts still! But I gotta admit, it's also kinda freeing to watch and not have to worry about how to translate certain things, or understand every mumbled word.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Awesome!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

zari-gani posted:

In minor GCCX news, I was just commissioned by them again to draw stuff for merch (not sure when it'll be released, but the subject matter sparks joy) so I've been catching up on eps because I'm very behind. I REALLY wish I had the free time to help with the translation efforts still! But I gotta admit, it's also kinda freeing to watch and not have to worry about how to translate certain things, or understand every mumbled word.

Are you perhaps the artist behind the fan art posters they've had on the show? (Specifically, the "GCCX in USA" one with Abe & Kachou on the sport bike?) I'd love to pick up a print of that, or any fan art if at all possible!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Yes, but sorry, there are no prints of them. (check your PM though 👀)

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 28, 2021

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

zari-gani posted:

Yes, but sorry, there are no prints of them. (check your PM though 👀)

Ahh, oh well! It's an awesome piece, and I hope you have fun with the current commissions!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/82znYfV.jpg

Hardest I've laughed in a long time.

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

Translation: Phosphorescent Skeleton
Proofreading: Kuishinbou
Subtitles: SpecsPL, Clov
Special Thanks: Bean

As well, special thanks to the team at SA-GCCX, whose translation we used for the opening of the “2P Without Honor and Humanity” segment. Finally, thank you to SpecsPL, who timed and typeset the vast majority of this episode.

You people have stood in my way long enough! I’m going to photography college.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Excellent news, link is here: https://nyaa.si/view/1391978

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

:pusheen:

Have had my fingers crossed for this one. Thank you.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thanks for the new release! The game was, uh, interesting.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pastry of the Year posted:

:pusheen:

Have had my fingers crossed for this one. Thank you.

Same! I thought I remembered seeing this episode streamed exactly once, and was starting to wonder if it was just some fever dream I had about an auto-scrolling paparazzi/pervert game with a Michael Jackson Thriller cameo.

enojy fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 30, 2021

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I remember seeing a review of a PS2 version of this called Polaroid Pete in a games magazine when I was a kid but apparently it never actually came out

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Help Im Alive posted:

I remember seeing a review of a PS2 version of this called Polaroid Pete in a games magazine when I was a kid but apparently it never actually came out

Huh, that's an interesting name for a cafe.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Torrent site down for anyone else?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Mister Chief posted:

Torrent site down for anyone else?

It's working for me, but the magnet link should work even if you can't get to the site directly: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:533d02aac80eda1113d518d19916c4633aa9e48e

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

It's working for me, but the magnet link should work even if you can't get to the site directly: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:533d02aac80eda1113d518d19916c4633aa9e48e

Thanks!

And thanks to everyone for new episode as well!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the new episode everyone. Always appreciated.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What was the swear word?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
looking at an LP on youtube....

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

looking at an LP on youtube....

lol

According to Kakaricho, Arino likes that word.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

there's also this a little later in the level

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

lol, welp that's what i get for stopping at like two examples

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Thanks for the new episode! Does anyone have the link to the shows Instagram page? I know this episode already aired quite a while back, but it would be nice to follow.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

joek0 posted:

Thanks for the new episode! Does anyone have the link to the shows Instagram page? I know this episode already aired quite a while back, but it would be nice to follow.

https://www.instagram.com/gccx_official/

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Help Im Alive posted:

C'mon, Irem, you're missing the middle element of this sequence

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Didn't expect to see a scalping in the game either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Yeah, there's a lot of images in that game that are... uh interesting from an American perspective. But you know, different cultures and times.