Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't know if this is necessarily a "dumb" marketing move, just a baffling one.

https://twitter.com/TOKYOPOP/status/1450945055557050370?t=oyrJh2jmOuKa2xEZKQYeTA&s=19
Garfield Manga brought to you by Souplantation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Garfield Manga brought to you by Souplantation

Nathen Mazri will hear about this betrayal, dammit!

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Read After Burning posted:

This is hilarious, as most people that frequent a Cracker Barrel (old Southern pawpaws and meemaws) probably think Nightmare Before Christmas is some Satanic poo poo. Lil Nas X twerking on Jack Skellington when?

Also that movie sucks; one of my emo friends in high school made me watch it. :colbert: The only good part was the mayor, he was unsettling.

In my experience, Nightmare Before Christmas fans eventually graduate into being Rocky Horror fans.

Either someone is trying to tie together the only two connections they had, or marketing research discovered a previously unknown overlapping.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's a very well done movie. It's ok to like things.

It's good, but fandoms are all bad.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

fisting by many posted:

A gaping anus would be an improvement on the Sun's usual content.

Quoting for emphasis

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Insert joke about a mismatch between big endian and little endian

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

fisting by many posted:

A gaping anus would be an improvement on the Sun's usual content.

I wasn't paying attention while reading this post yesterday and thought this goon was dissing the actual sun

dicks out for Icarus

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Phlegmish posted:

I wasn't paying attention while reading this post yesterday and thought this goon was dissing the actual sun

dicks out for Icarus

If the sun would just gently caress off, do you know how many problems would be solved? All but one.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

ponzicar posted:

In my experience, Nightmare Before Christmas fans eventually graduate into being Rocky Horror fans.
gently caress I'm old

:cry:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Phlegmish posted:

dicks out for Icarus

Dickarus

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Just getting harassed by a game villain because you decided to take a break.

https://twitter.com/BrendanSinclair/status/1452986713098407945

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
So glad that videogame companies weaponize neurodivergence to turn the calm of a single-player to-do list game into a trauma bonding experience. When playing Far Cry 5 for some mindless fun, I kept thinking gently caress, I wish there was more guilt and self-directed disappointment involved in climbing these radio towers.

Luckily Ubisoft is leading the pack with pay-to-win features in single player games, so I can just hop in and drop $20 to get rid of the stress, it's cheaper than therapy!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Zil posted:

Just getting harassed by a game villain because you decided to take a break.

https://twitter.com/BrendanSinclair/status/1452986713098407945

I stopped playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey because I saw timers on some of the side quests and I panicked. I'd been enjoying myself up to that point. Mind you, I also was in school at the time and had a lot of very real deadlines, so maybe the intrusion of deadlines in my pretendy funtimes was just too uncomfortable at that point in my life and maybe I could try again at some point.

What I'm saying is I know myself well enough to know that if I took a short break from a game, and then I started getting emails or something from the villain, I would probably tie myself up in anxiety and never touch it again.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I showed you my lair please respond

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

ponzicar posted:

As someone who got peer-pressured into watching Rocky Horror as an older teenager, I can say without a doubt that this is one hundred percent false.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's so loving funny that Giancarlo Esposito has been roped into sending unsolicited mail to gamers and I will never buy the horrible game that makes it happen

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

:hmmyes:

CJacobs posted:

It's so loving funny that Giancarlo Esposito has been roped into sending unsolicited mail to gamers and I will never buy the horrible game that makes it happen

You send spam for engagement
I send spam for dick pills and extortion
We are not the same

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Emailing you to keep playing a single payer game seems so desperate. What I really need is MMOs leaving voice mails that my raid timers are refreshed every week.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
loving Animal Crossing, a game that literally takes place in real time, is less judgemental about you not playing for a while than that is.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would be ok with receiving pestering emails from Vaas and they know it and they've been trying to recapture the villain that dies 1/3 of the way through their game for 10 years

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Remember when Vaas killed Christopher Mintz-Plasse and you could find dead Christopher Mintz-Plasse in the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-76SO7b3Cs

Ubisoft have always been really good at marketing pushes that don't make you want to buy the game in the slightest

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Haifisch posted:

loving Animal Crossing, a game that literally takes place in real time, is less judgemental about you not playing for a while than that is.

Oh god I haven't logged in for almost a year, I'm scared to see all the cat and rabbit skeletons buried in wild overgrowth :ohdear:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Captain DIEgiene posted:

Oh god I haven't logged in for almost a year, I'm scared to see all the cat and rabbit skeletons buried in wild overgrowth :ohdear:

The animals will be like 'Oh hey! Wow haven't seen you for a while! How's it going?' and that is all.

You might have weeds though.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I only played the OG animal crossing, but your house would get cockroaches

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea you'll have a bunch of weeds and probably roaches to stomp in your house and everyone will be 'woah it's been (insert time here) since I saw you last, glad to see you again!' Like already said it's somehow a game that involves zero guilt and annoyance over not playing it despite it literally being based on actual earth time and date while these dumbass single player games in magic fantasy times guilt you for spending one weekend not playing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have so many emails in the spam folder on my yahoo account from 2001 about how my neopets are starving and neopia needs saving

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/jaycaspiankang/status/1454080606287974407

https://twitter.com/willystaley/status/1454092873339650055

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

4500 students and two exits. That's a billionaire intentionally tryint to recreate The Station nightclub fire but larger.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've airways been a bit claustrophobic, but after staying inside for a year+ I don't think I could handle a windowless room. I didn't enjoy dealing with college roommates even when they were good friends, but I'd rather do that than live in a tiny death chamber.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

I hope they are secretly planning to stall the project until he dies, then quietly cancel it afterwards. That way they can avoid pissing off their largest donor and maybe even keep the money. Otherwise, his offer of $200 million for a monstrosity that costs five times more is NFT levels of financial stupidity.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Captain DIEgiene posted:

I've airways been a bit claustrophobic, but after staying inside for a year+ I don't think I could handle a windowless room. I didn't enjoy dealing with college roommates even when they were good friends, but I'd rather do that than live in a tiny death chamber.

We had some pretty bad fires in California last August; one of the worst ones was in the mountains nearby. We live in an area with no air conditioning (it normally isn't needed, doesn't get very hot around here) and we couldn't open the windows due to all the smoke in the air.

One night, I got a little too drunk and started freaking out, crying about "We're never going to have fresh air again!" I feel stupid about it in hindsight, but the house was so drat stuffy and I couldn't stick my head out the window. :(

Turns out, breathing is good, dammit!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The billionaire gave them 200 million with the requirement that they use his death plans unaltered. But building the death plans is going to cost 1.5 billion.

UCSB's accountants seem not the brightest.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
What I don't understand: UCSB is a public school; there should be an inspector general--or even the California AG--weighing in on this

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

We had some pretty bad fires in California last August; one of the worst ones was in the mountains nearby. We live in an area with no air conditioning (it normally isn't needed, doesn't get very hot around here) and we couldn't open the windows due to all the smoke in the air.

One night, I got a little too drunk and started freaking out, crying about "We're never going to have fresh air again!" I feel stupid about it in hindsight, but the house was so drat stuffy and I couldn't stick my head out the window. :(

It sucks to have window mounted AC in that situation cause the fricken smoke gets in through any gaps and you can't use it to bring fresh air in cause there is no fresh air outside anyway.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Thanatosian posted:

What I don't understand: UCSB is a public school; there should be an inspector general--or even the California AG--weighing in on this

I'm sorry, they have all been overruled by a man with more than a billion dollars.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz0xULQIaSU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Thanatosian posted:

Maybe he's a Gavin Newsom donor too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Thanatosian posted:

Kamala Harris is a former California AG, just to give you an idea of the caliber of that office.

The guy who replaced her, Xavier Becerra, is now Biden’s HHS secretary.