Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Pompeii is a good cat with a good name who had a good life. Rest in peace, kitty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Pomps :(

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

sleep easy Pompeii

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Gunshow Poophole posted:

we put Pompeii to sleep today. his kidney disease advanced rapidly and he was not eating at all and just hitting the body chemistry downward spiral. We tempted him with every special treat, deli turkey and canned tuna, Parmesan cheese and (weird) curry, but he just didn't have any appetite. The vet gave him an appetite stimulant Thursday morning, it didn't help much.

Today he woke up and was so weak he collapsed on the way to my wife's bedside from the other room. We watched him curled up in the closet as we agonized over whether the e-vet was just gonna scare him to death, make him more miserable, or whether he'd even survive the car trip down there. It took a bit and I'm shamed that it did so, I don't know why I hesitated but I really did not want him to be any more frightened? I dunno. However thank whatever god that we screwed up our courage and packed him up and made the drive to the next bridge over.

Vet said his enzyme values broke her scale they were so toxic, and that his anemia had progressed to the point where he wasn't manufacturing new red blood cells, and the choice was pretty clear.

They were kind enough to waive the covid protocols so we could be in the exam room, and he spent his last breath nose to nose with my wife as he peacefully drifted off. Again, I'm so unbelievably glad we took him in, the relief in the moment was thick and palpable because he was suffering and so, so emaciated.

It's like we didn't come home, but we came back to the house we live in. It's noticeably emptier, and he's not outside on the landing, waiting for the bedside lights to turn off to come and demand treats at the least convenient time.

This sucks, 2020 sucks, be good to your animal and your human friends. thank you to the actual 219ers who have welcomed us here, the best thread on the internet, a home for us for eight years.

rip Pompeii, 2007-2020.

I am so very sorry. Such a handsome lad and so loved!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Gunshow Poophole posted:

rip Pompeii, 2007-2020.

very sad story, you did the right thing.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pompeii was blessed to have such a good family

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:smith:

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

i LOVED Pompeii and I'm really upset :cry:

Rest well, Mr. Cuteypants

edit: here's a picture I have saved of him. he looked grumpy but regal and soft

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 6, 2020

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Hennimore has legs working again after the double FHO surgery. here he is studiously ignoring me while I marvel that he can squat again.

censored for decency :catstare:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Hennimore has legs working again after the double FHO surgery. here he is studiously ignoring me while I marvel that he can squat again.

censored for decency :catstare:
That's awesome! Now he can jump up on stuff to knock other stuff down.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Goodbye, good kitty Pomps.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

xcheopis posted:

That's awesome! Now he can jump up on stuff to knock other stuff down.

he isn’t jumping much yet. to get on the sofa he’ll just jumo enough to flop his front paws up on the seat, and then meow for help while he slowly hulks his butt off the ground onto the sofa using his only front legs (and claws).

he’s walking around fine though and will probably be jumping up onto sofas and beds again in a week or two.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hey, sorry to hear about pompeii. he was a good cat, and you did the right thing. i know the feeling of returning to where you live and it not feeling like home anymore. you gave him the best life he could have, and that's the important thing

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

RIP Pompeii

all cattes go to heaven

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

it’s hot

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

he isn’t jumping much yet. to get on the sofa he’ll just jumo enough to flop his front paws up on the seat, and then meow for help while he slowly hulks his butt off the ground onto the sofa using his only front legs (and claws).

he’s walking around fine though and will probably be jumping up onto sofas and beds again in a week or two.

Would love video of that. :3:

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Shaved the angry lady and gave her a bath. She was not impressed. Please send me letters and books to read while I serve the next thousand years in jail.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Fashionably Great posted:

Shaved the angry lady and gave her a bath. She was not impressed. Please send me letters and books to read while I serve the next thousand years in jail.
I'll get you a subscription.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

thank you for sharing Pompeii with us. he's an excellent cat.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Glitch looks so soft, so kind, so warm.

Widget looks like she's plotting your downfall. Watch your back.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

well this has never happened before

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
rip pompeii, a good cat

thank you for sharing him with us

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

'its so hot bro'

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

might hunter Seville spent the morning collecting his kills on my bed

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

waking up with marcy

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Same, graeme dave.

Same.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Oh hey I forgot to post this

Trast's kitties:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
get up and feed me

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/NCZoo/status/1301542275877609472?s=19

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

this photoshop camera app has a Dave mode

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 7, 2020

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The heat has clearly addled their wits.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
weasel is 17

totally not spoiled at all

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
happy birthday weasel!!!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
have a Nargle Cat

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Pragmatica posted:

weasel is 17

what a good birthday kitty

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

gently caress SNEEP posted:

waking up with marcy

What a lovely creature to wake up to!

Pensive.

That nose is in need of a boop.

get up and feed me

Cat thoughts

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Pragmatica posted:

weasel is 17

Happy birthday, Weasel!
My Tanuki will be 17 very soon and for his birthday will be receiving a surprise all-expense-paid visit to the vet! Whoo!
He's gonna love it. Yes.

Jonny 290 posted:

have a Nargle Cat

Wanna cuddle this girl and pet her ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/bonebonebot/status/1302743380691169283