Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I’ve completed TNG and TOS. I’m now in the last few episodes of S3 of DS9. I’m powering through at an alarming rate. Should I watch through the TOS films or move to Voyager next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Windows 98 posted:

I’ve completed TNG and TOS. I’m now in the last few episodes of S3 of DS9. I’m powering through at an alarming rate. Should I watch through the TOS films or move to Voyager next?

I’m finally watching voyager. On second season. It’s alright imo. I moved to a new apartment and am too cheap to get channels so am watching a lot of crap on Netflix/prime, etc. it’s new to me damnit!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Kuato posted:

I’m finally watching voyager. On second season. It’s alright imo. I moved to a new apartment and am too cheap to get channels so am watching a lot of crap on Netflix/prime, etc. it’s new to me damnit!

Do you have Plex? I can help you out my man

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Kuato posted:

this is how i spent my first Voyager watch also i just got an antenna and the channel H&I has a star trek marathon every night with each show (tas on Sundays) so i never got cable

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
That Worf thing came from a FB page called "Star Worfs" and it's like an intersection of the "wow such" dog, DaShareZone and Star Trek and it's got a pretty good batting average imo.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

I guess you kind of tune them out after awhile but It's weird how many background extras take care of running the ship while all of the main characters deal with the plot.

Ensign Smith and Lieutenant Phillips are back there just ignoring this most recent dramatic revelation because they have to finish purging the EPS manifolds before Geordi shows up sperging out about Leah Brahms' newest symposium.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Jadzia is a fine Dax and while a lovely character, is the least annoying of the dozen daxes to come

You’ll never survive the Tosk Dax episode, Windows 98

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

She almost left to live with that guy from the dimension hopping planet.

Almost :smith:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like Verad Dax, let's bring him back

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Some version of Dax is alive during discovery, right? I wonder if they'll try to shoehorn her in somehow.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Facebook Aunt posted:

Some version of Dax is alive during discovery, right? I wonder if they'll try to shoehorn her in somehow.

Nah Trek has totally erased the memory of DS9 from producer's canon. Did you know discovery has the first black protagonist? Did you know Discovery is the first time trek has gone fully for serialized storytelling after Enterprise broke new ground experimenting with it?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

Trill are now eight foot tall rubber monsters with a hideous, distended belly containing the endlessly writhing symbiote instead of being a pretty lady with spots.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Clark Nova posted:

Trill are now eight foot tall rubber monsters with a hideous, distended belly containing the endlessly writhing symbiote instead of being a pretty lady with spots.

Curzon's on a bender!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

shovelbum posted:

Curzon's on a bender!

They said 8 feet and hideous so it’s two Ezris stacked on top of each other

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Dax is the most lazily written character in the world. Why bother playing out a backstory or fleshing out the things that make a person interesting when you can just inject a relationship parasite into some lady so she and the captain can go hurr hurr hurr right OLD MAN?!?!? every goddamned episode?

And Jadzia was always so smug about everything too, like she was just humoring all these lesser people around him/her/it. Remember when the badass old Klingons went to go hunt the albino and they took lovely Jadzia rather than give Worf even a second of the spotlight where he isn't an idiot or getting thrown across the bridge? Good times.

Wrath of the Bitch King fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 26, 2018

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I want a series about Curzon and it's a loving crime that poo poo ain't happened.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The Albino episode was before Worf came in during 'Way of the Warrior'.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I want a series about Curzon and it's a loving crime that poo poo ain't happened.

I'd watch that but I'd rather watch an alternate DS9 where they let him and Odo stay in the same body and he went on adventures

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'd watch that but I'd rather watch an alternate DS9 where they let him and Odo stay in the same body and he went on adventures

That would be the best buddy comedy of all time.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Kuato posted:

I just watched it all this past several months. And I lol’d at the finale montage showing past moments with their characters since they omit all of Jadzia and Worfs moments. It’s like she never existed.

I thought she was kind of lame too.

To be fair, there were legal things preventing any of Terry Farrell's scenes to be used in that

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

Oh hey a GBS thread that I can post how much I dislike Dax in. Nice.

I'd gently caress Ezri so hard we'd both be crippled for life. I'd hit that like the fist of an angry god. My dick would be in that so much I'd make Riker look like Wesley jerking it to a picture of Troi's titties. I'd gently caress that so hard her vagina would spontaneously generate it's own Prophets.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
On paper Jadzia Dax is an interesting character. Unfortunately they just sort of used her as a plot filling device. She can know anything useful they need someone to know and just say "Curzon knew it".

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I still lol at worf finally getting a wife and then she dies though. Dude never catches a break.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Kitchner posted:

Dude never catches a break.

good

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Kitchner posted:

I still lol at worf finally getting a wife and then she dies though. Dude never catches a break.

He caught a barrel with his back, that was a pretty big break.

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene

popewiles posted:

He caught a barrel with his back, that was a pretty big break.

Hahaha he tried to make his little kid kill him. Dad of the Year

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

and alexander refused because he is a disappointment and no real klingon, little bitch

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
those worf meme things are awesome :allears:

so i just watched the Equinox two parter and fucker of mothers, dude, the bij i experienced is beyond description

when janeway tells tuvok "chakotays been relieved of duty and confined to quarters, you wanna join him??!" it owned so hard, she's just torturing black dudes and attacking/tractoring innocent bystander ships and confining everyone who questions her to quarters and im still not sure at the end of the episode if we're meant to agree with her or if we're supposed to feel like "whoa i think Kathryn went too far!!!"

i was reading the trek tviv thread (i take my bij experiencing very seriously) and there's this dude who has a serious hate-chubbs for ds9 because of those two episodes where sisko isn't the perfect example of federation values, he's like "this show completely shits all over everything trek is supposed to stand for and it makes literal nazis like dukat seem complicated and possibly sympathetic and therefore it's responsible for killing trek and turning it into grimdark 'make the tough decisions' 9/11 oorah bullshit!" and obv he's a nincompooper but ppl say this a lot about ds9, about sisko's pale moonlight escapades, and that time he javerted all over eddingtons face by rendering a planet uninhabitable to crybabies, and people act like this is ALL ds9 is. but after finishing ENT and getting thru a chunk of voyager, it's obvious that ds9 is waaay more like tng in terms of upholding the values of the federation. there was like one time where sisko had to do something uncool and he obviously agonized over it, the javert thing gets blown out of proportion and the details are always either ignored or forgotten, and section 31 is unequivocally shown to be villains who do NOT need to exist and are totes full of poo poo.

ds9 might hold a mirror up to picard's mushy federation gay space luxury communism creamdream and ask "can we really live up to this?" but the answer is a resounding YES and it's lame and stupid for ppl to suggest otherwise. Janeway talks a big game about her oath to Starfleet and all that but she treats the prime directive like Edmund Kemper treated the heads of college girls, and archer is basically the character George w bush made for Star trek Online I mean jfc

stop talking poo poo about my ds9 and my sisko, idiots

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Windows 98 posted:

Jadzia. Every other host is way cooler than her, and we never really get to meet them :(

I’m still on S3 of DS9 though so who knows maybe she gets less lovely. The TVIV Trek thread says not really.
She's so worthless that they immediately bring Dax back, giving Jadzia's death only the weight of however long it takes you to start watching season 7 and the two or three episodes it takes for Worf and Sisko to stop mentioning her.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

rndmnmbr posted:

I'd gently caress Ezri so hard we'd both be crippled for life. I'd hit that like the fist of an angry god. My dick would be in that so much I'd make Riker look like Wesley jerking it to a picture of Troi's titties. I'd gently caress that so hard her vagina would spontaneously generate it's own Prophets.

well I would hit it so hard she would de-evolve into a spider or maybe a lemur

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Gatekeeper posted:

"this show completely shits all over everything trek is supposed to stand for and it makes literal nazis like dukat seem complicated and possibly sympathetic

Dukat does not seem nor could he be considered possible in regards to either of these things.

He absolutely is the embodiment of sympathy and portrays a man doing his best to grapple with an impossibly complex problem, that being trying to discover the roots of Bajoran stupidity, so he may cure them using his life's blood if necessary.

Tell that TVIV freak to get in here so he can be told to gently caress off out of here.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kitchner posted:

On paper Jadzia Dax is an interesting character. Unfortunately they just sort of used her as a plot filling device. She can know anything useful they need someone to know and just say "Curzon knew it".

she's the ds9 equivalent of troi. oh you sense anger from the alien shooting us huh yeah thanks diana

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Nothing quite gets me to warp 9 like that super fine horta rear end

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

mods change my name posted:

Nothing quite gets me to warp 9 like that super fine horta rear end

NO
gently caress
I

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I too would have the secks with ezri FYI

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Kuato posted:

I too would have the secks with ezri FYI

I'd honestly rather gently caress the half-formed clone of Ibudan when it was a skinless blob suspended in brine in Bashir's lab.

Yes I am a fat gross nerd, but my point stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Gatekeeper posted:

and archer is basically the character George w bush made for Star trek Online I mean jfc

This loving cracked me up.