Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Ahh, now you're one of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Ingleside is trashy enough that he could probably find a beat up piece of poo poo that runs for 800 dollars. He's deluding himself if he wants something that wouldn't qualify as a "junker" though.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

That is crap.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Yep, I wouldn't touch that except to part it out. Head is off, cylinder(s?) exposed, probably stored under that blue tarp which traps moisture. Everett gets fantastically salty air, too.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Bro, whitewalls.

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago
What do you think, fellas? Only a little fire damage!

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/mcd/3738946751.html

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It's almost a dollar per mile! What a steal!

What's the ad for the green one in the back? "From road rash to track bike!"

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011
Jesus. $500 for that Ninja, no more.

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/mcy/3775568669.html

I would think it would be easy to find a replacement motor for this guy since Suzuki has been making the same motor for 25 years, yes? Love the 90's gs. There was also a CX500 turbo posted yesterday for $2000 but it's gone already, lol.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Meant to post this here instead of the photo thread - oops!

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-street-cruisers-choppers-1982-Honda-CBX-streetfighter-W0QQAdIdZ477682899

quote:

This CBX has been converted into a streetfighter/chopper. The front is a CBR900rr including the forks wheel and brakes.Also the rear is CBR900rr with the swingarm , Quite a lot of effort and money has been put into this project, The big six engine dominates the bike and was fettled by an expert, The carbs were sent to TIMs in Georgia to be calibrated a renound expert with CBXs. This is one of a kind motorcycle, and its loud.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
Gen2 2009 VMAX with a whole 152 miles on it, listed for $14,000

Honestly I think a 2009 that hasn't even had it's engine broke in 4 years later is more of a deterrent than anything else... still here it is.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=28487

Here's the pic so you don't need to register.

I don't know why somebody decided they need a $20k bike and then let it rot. Dropping that kind of coin on that kind of bike I would have that mileage on there the very first day. He even had it in for recall work and put a small bag on it. I bet all 152 miles were back and forth from the dealership lol

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/3781318557.html

quote:

One owner; in great shape for its age. 4200 miles on the original engine. Stored in my aunt's garage since 1980. I loved it and had grand intentions, but my mechanical abilities are the epitomy of dismal. I was "cleaning" the carboratur and I can't get it back together. My wife says, "Enough!"

:hankhill: Good Lord!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
That looks pretty awesome, if you could stand owning an automatic bike.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Here's one for shimrod
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CBR1000RR-07-ROAD-TRACK-MOTORBIKE-151-45HP-71-65-TORQUE-/251269805184?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=i

quote:

HONDA CBR1000RR 07 ROAD/RACE SETUP 151.45HP @ 71.65 TORQUE
07 CBR1000 ROAD/ TRACK BIKE (NEVER RACED) REGO 09/13 43882KM
DYNO AT FULL BORE MOTORCYCLES HERVEY BAY ON 02/13
RK RACING CHAIN 530 X- RING/ EBC EXTREME DOUBLE H SINTERED BRAKE PADS (FRONT ONLY)
VORTEX FRONT & REAR SPROCKETS GEARING-15-42 / REAR WAVE ROTOR.
FRONT & REAR RACE STAND/ 300KM ON DUNLOP Q2 TYRES 190/55/R17 120/70/17
AKRAPOVIC FULL RACE EXHAUST TITANIUM WITH CARBON FIBRE HEX CAN.
DUNOJET PC 5 / DYNOJET EXPANSION MODULE / DYNOJET QUICKSHIFTER.
STOMPGRIP TANK PADS/ BMC RACE AIR FILTERS/ K&N AIR FILTER.
GOODRIDGE BRAIDED FRONT BRAKE LINES/ CRG – PAZZO RACING LEVERS.
SMOKE @ CLEAR DOUBLE BUBBLE FRONT SCREEN/ FLAPPER MODIFICATION.
4X PAIR RACING TYRES (USED)
ARAI VECTOR HELMENT & TEKNIC 2 PEICE LEATHER SUIT USA 46 EURO 56
ITALY GAERNE BOOTS USA11 EU 46
TEKNIC GLOVES
VENTURA REAR RACK BAG

BIKE IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND HAD NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS APART FROM A SATO REPLACEMENT
REASON FOR SELLING. MOVING OVERSEAS TO THE USA.
DONT ASK...... BAD rear end "BITCH" STAYS WITH ME......

Uh yeah.. you can keep skeletor.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

loving Bundaberg, seriously.

On a serious note, I don't really want a worked 1000, looking for 600s (hence the 675 interest).

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011
That's a joke, and that's a guy in a bikini, right? RIGHT? Please someone say yes.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Gweenz posted:

That's a joke, and that's a guy in a bikini, right? RIGHT? Please someone say yes.

Of course it is.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
It's Iggy Pop you heathens

xd
Sep 28, 2001

glorifying my tragic destiny..
"sweet as bro"

:confused:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I CAN'T STOP LOOKING INTO HIS EYES

That dude is WAY too thin.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

loving dude looks like Wild Bill from Silence of the Lambs.

Would you gently caress me? I would gently caress me.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

slidebite posted:

loving dude looks like Wild Bill from Silence of the Lambs.

Would you gently caress me? I would gently caress me.

Damnit! now I have the penis tuck dance stuck in my head. Excuse me, I'm going to bleach my eyes now.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm sending that ad to everybody I know. It is glorious.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Poniesatemybagel seems to be selling his VFR in pieces?
http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/classifieds/item/1793-2002-vfr-wabs-full-part-out/

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Yeah, there's an ad up here too: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3119867&pagenumber=39#post414400984

Cam chain tensioner went out. Can't afford to fix it, so I'm parting it out. You need something?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

Yeah, there's an ad up here too: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3119867&pagenumber=39#post414400984

Cam chain tensioner went out. Can't afford to fix it, so I'm parting it out. You need something?

I pm'd you about parts to do a 6th gen tail swap.
that is... If I don't just buy this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-VFR800-Interceptor-98-01-Repsol-Green-Fairing-ZN218-/170890285565

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I pm'd you about parts to do a 6th gen tail swap.
that is... If I don't just buy this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-VFR800-Interceptor-98-01-Repsol-Green-Fairing-ZN218-/170890285565

I pmed you, I sold it. :/

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I don't often see faired 1st Gens:

1999 Suzuki SV650 - $1950 (Portland) posted:

1999 Suzuki SV 650, 17k miles, 650cc, Viper exhaust, runs well, good condition

Click the quote for link.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I normally like the look of naked bikes better than faired ones, but here we have a bike designed to be naked that looks better with the fairing. Huh.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
That's just like, your opinion, man. I think that looks terrible in the 90's bulbous Katana way. I'd much rather have them without a fairing. Even the newer style doesn't look good with fairings IMO.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I had to be told it was an SV, looks like a Katanananana to me.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I does remind me very much of a Katana. My preference is naked 1st gen, quarter fairing with belly pan second. The thing about the one I posted, to me, isn't that it looks better, it's just different than what I'm used to seeing.

xd
Sep 28, 2001

Not really a fan of gen 1's (frame looks bad to me), but with fairing looks much better. Katanas look far worse than that. Also, if you ever wondered where the Hayabusa's styling came from, look at the late model Katanas.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

I'm inclined to believe you

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

JP Money posted:

That's just like, your opinion, man. I think that looks terrible in the 90's bulbous Katana way. I'd much rather have them without a fairing. Even the newer style doesn't look good with fairings IMO.

I KNOW you didn't just dis the look of bulbous, rounded 90's bodywork. :nyd:

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I'm probably going to get mobbed for this, but the more I look at those Brittens then more I hate how they look. I think it's the front guard and the one under the engine, they just look stupid.

I do love the blue fairing parts though, that looks kick rear end.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Shimrod posted:

I'm probably going to get mobbed for this, but the more I look at those Brittens then more I hate how they look. I think it's the front guard and the one under the engine, they just look stupid.

I do love the blue fairing parts though, that looks kick rear end.

I'm with you. If the front fender was split like on current bikes it'd look a lot nicer. Same with that ugly lower fairing that looks like someone wearing dad jeans that are pulled up too high on their waist. I'll allow the ugly colored exhaust due to badass turns that somehow don't rob power.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
The lower makes sense when you see a rider on it. They flow air around the body of the rider in the raddest way.

xd
Sep 28, 2001

JP Money posted:

I'm inclined to believe you

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Got 2 of these in the shop right now. A black and a yellow one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011
http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/mcy/3793065532.html

Haven't called this guy yet, but why would a belt and sprocket be replaced on a bike with 2400 miles?