Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Croisquessein posted:

Somebody mastered the "stone to flesh" spell

I don't know if theyre creepy but they do have a sort of disturbing quality.

https://www.instagram.com/josemanuelcastroescultor/

A turd, a piercing, and a vagina, nothing creepy about that.

Altared State has a new favorite as of 02:06 on Jun 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is that one of those new pictures they're using in the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark? Because I take umbrage that they changed them.

edit:
I've wanted to geta tattoo of one of them, but I got some other stuff to finish up before I start any other big pieces. Plus I keep going back and forth between these two:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
They went back to the old art, so if you wanted to get then for your collection to spook young people in your life you don’t have to settle with the toned down illustrations

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Good for them! And I already gave my niece and nephew my original copies. My niece loves them, but my nephew doesn't like them at all.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Good for them! And I already gave my niece and nephew my original copies. My niece loves them, but my nephew doesn't like them at all.

I can completely understand both of those viewpoints.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PYF crappy images

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Internet Kraken posted:

I remember seeing a video of that ages ago linked in the political cartoon thread. Its even more surreal with sound.

Okay but what does the pig have to do with that

The four acts are entitled: “Everybody’s Born”, “Everybody Cries”, “Everybody Shits”, and “Everybody Dies”, so I assume the pig is from the third act about consumption.

I’ve only seen clips of various acts. This poo poo legit haunts me.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

veni veni veni posted:

PYF crappy images

I now wish that thread existed

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I'd read it. There's gotta be some places out there haunted by the ghosts of people who were insanely goofy looking in life.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Not Operator posted:

I'd read it. There's gotta be some places out there haunted by the ghosts of people who were insanely goofy looking in life.

I mean, uh...kind of?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Robinson_(Green_Man)

This poor dude suffered an electrical accident as a child, and would only go on walks at night so as to avoid being seen by people. He was also said to be a nice dude who was well-liked by his neighbors. This did not stop a persistent ghost story being circulated about him while he was still alive. He was also struck by cars multiple times during his walks. That's a lot less creepy than it is just sort of depressing, though.

Like, as a kid, I consumed all sorts of stupid paranormal media, and I read about this guy more than once being portrayed as some kind of monster. Turns out the bar for journalistic integrity on ghost stories is real low, who knew

Shady Amish Terror has a new favorite as of 20:05 on Jun 11, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's about ethics in ghost journalism.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/L5s3Odv.mp4

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

No loving thank you

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Nifty; some kind of barnacle. It's weird, I would have thought that barnacles reacted to exposure to air by clamming up and retracting their feeding fans to avoid drying out, but it looks like these little guys barely give a poo poo.

Amusingly it looks like these little fellows in particular probably inspired a Super Ghosts and Goblins enemy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The dagger eh?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Which Pokemon is this?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Iron Crowned posted:

I now wish that thread existed

you can simulate it by turning your monitor off

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Finally, my fanfiction is coming true!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please don’t doxx me

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
“O hai”

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

"i showed u a pic of my tongue pls respond"
- a xenomorph

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

1st Prize Winner, World's Worst Candy Cane Competition, 2018

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

What is that exactly? Looks like a deformed moray eel.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looks like a bad taxidermy eel that someone threw in the water to make it look spooky

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I just can't help but laugh at the little fins

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Killer Hotdogs from Outerspace.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Submarine sandwich

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Reminds me of this fangtooth snake-eel (probably) that washed up after Hurricane Harvey.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think I know that guy. Is his name Jeff? Drives a blue Civic?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

I didn't know they were making a Deadly Premonition 2.

Bikini Quilt
Jul 28, 2013
Most of y'all have probably seen the photo of the little girl who grew up in a concentration camp being asked to draw "home," and it's pretty sad and unsettling on its own:

But today I saw an article that was discussing what made her expression so haunting, and they were talking about how the two sides of her face seem to have completely disconnected expressions, and to prove it they mirrored the left side and the result gave me a more visceral reaction than any picture I can think of.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
And if you mirror the other side, well, I guess they got to put on a few pageants in there.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Bikini Quilt posted:

Most of y'all have probably seen the photo of the little girl who grew up in a concentration camp being asked to draw "home," and it's pretty sad and unsettling on its own:

But today I saw an article that was discussing what made her expression so haunting, and they were talking about how the two sides of her face seem to have completely disconnected expressions, and to prove it they mirrored the left side and the result gave me a more visceral reaction than any picture I can think of.

There is no way to make that not a jump scare. Even if it was displayed it'd be loving startling. Jesus that is a shattering thing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Bikini Quilt posted:

Oh for god's sake.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They turned her into the walls fall out people.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Bikini Quilt posted:

Do you still have a link to that article handy? It sounds like an interesting read.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought I heard somewhere that she was just scribbling on the chalkboard and the whole "draw your home" thing was made up to make an already sad picture "creepier."

edit:
Nope, that's exactly what it is. They asked a group of kids that grew up in concentration camps to draw their home and that's what she did. Guess she was the only kid in the group that drew something that abstract. Poor kid.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 22:18 on Jun 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Bikini Quilt posted:

This is way more frightening than it has any right to be.

I do think part of it is due to that the right side of her face is in shadow, so doubling it makes a face that's mostly shadowed but slightly illuminated from a weird angle, like when someone shines a flashlight under their face to tell campfire stories.