Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Some of my typos occur because my hands still shake a little bit. I learned to touch type when I was 4 years old. I have difficulty merging these two concepts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Currently, I have to study for a Spanish exam taking place next Tuesday. Because of this exam, I feel less inclined to put forth even the smallest of effort in this post. Effort posting is also innately racist, as it is a concept created by the white society.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

It is tempting to slow down in order to produce the most quality of a product one can make however it is unrealistic as people may want your product now than later. It usually tests your stress management skills along with your planning and problem solving skills. I admit that I don’t like working quickly as it tests the above qualities that I am not particularly good at.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Many of my incorrect words occur at the end of a post or message. I hit enter without thinking. I have been typing for too long to do otherwise.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lets looks more deeply into the racism of the effort post. If a cop saw a white man effort posting, he wouldn't give him a second look. However, if a cop saw a brown man posting, he would beat him for being a terrorist.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Right now I am at my partner's house. The internet here is good most of the time, but will completely drop for about 20 minutes every now and again. It did that yesterday so I hope it will not do that again today.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Usually we were taught to work at narrower deadlines in school with new grade levels pushing our knowledge, calmness, and time management skills against smaller and smaller timelines, along with more challenging tasks. All this was meant not only to adhere to certains demands outside of school or college, but to have one shape up as a worker and adhere to an ordained schedule.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I respect that this website is a haven for those people who can't stand the poo poo-posting that occurs on the rest of the internet. I find it soothing. I always put effort into my actual forum posts.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I believe effort posting is also a concept that benefits the heterosexual male. When you put effort in something, it only proves to improve the agenda of the straight white male monarchy in society. poo poo posting, however, benefits everyone.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sometimes I am at my parents' house. The internet there is patchy at times, but unplugging the router and plugging it back in usually works. Overall I'd say the internet there is better than the internet here.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

imgay posted:

Lets looks more deeply into the racism of the effort post. If a cop saw a white man effort posting, he wouldn't give him a second look. However, if a cop saw a brown man posting, he would beat him for being a terrorist.
imgay, I'm sorry, but this post does not count. You have no apostrophe in the word "let's," and you've written "looks" instead of "look." Because this post does not count, you went six minutes between valid posts, and have been eliminated from the challenge.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

It is tempting to slow down in order to produce the most quality of a product one can make however it is unrealistic as people may want your product now than later.
This is an egregious run-on sentence, or is missing an important comma. This post does not count. But even if it did,

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Usually we were taught to work at narrower deadlines in school with new grade levels pushing our knowledge, calmness, and time management skills against smaller and smaller timelines, along with more challenging tasks. All this was meant not only to adhere to certains demands outside of school or college, but to have one shape up as a worker and adhere to an ordained schedule.
This post is only two sentences long. This post also does not count.

I am sorry to say you have gone over five minutes since your previous valid post, and have been eliminated from the challenge.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

To be honest I think of such a task to be counter-intuitive. As fast as you’re going there always the chance to keep making mistakes, and being pressured to not make mistakes could fulfill making them in the future. It feels like a barrier between what is realistic and what people want, and sometimes I prefer to veer to the former.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I am actually able to spell. I was an English Major in College. I was formally asked to skip high-school entirely and go directly to college, but I declined.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Other times I post from my phone at work. The internet at my workplace is very, very bad. Thankfully I have never had to do a challenge while at my workplace.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Also... Dammit...

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Topic change. Posts still must contain three sentences.

DoggPickle and MMM, discuss the feasibility of fish shoes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

On a whole my internet is not as good as I would like it to be. I remember during the Donny Brook challenge I had some internet troubles that worried me. That said, I won that challenge so clearly it's not so bad it's been disruptive.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Fish shoes are stupid. They will smell bad within an hour. They are also very tragic.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
The fish shoes that were created during this game were not actual shoes. They were foot accessories. They were also entirely impractical.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fish shoes as a whole are completely feasible. Some might say that they are uncomfortable or that they smell. I do not think those things are concerns at all.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Fish that are worn on the TOP of the foot are entirely useless. Their very existence was offensive. I had more respect for the crab hat.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The only thing you should be concerned about with your shoes is how good they look. Fish shoes look amazing. I'm not the only one who thinks that either, a panel of your judges agree.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I love shoes. I have some extremely expensive pairs that were probably a bit of poor decision making. I think the judges valued comedy over practicality.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

When I select a pair of shoes to wear, I exclusive pick what makes me look coolest. I know that other people like to pick shoes that will last a long time or feel comfortable, but that's not me. All these methods of shoe picking are valid of course.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I have many amazing shoes. I have shoes with six-inch heels and boots from Versace. Your fish shoes make me sad.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

One method of shoe picking that isn't valid would be picking shoes based on smell. All shoes smell. This was the biggest complaint about fish shoes and it was also the worst.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

When I select a pair of shoes to wear, I exclusive pick what makes me look coolest.
I'm sorry, MMM, that should be exclusively pick.

MMM, you have been eliminated from this challenge.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast luck I was using an exclusive pick as opposed to an inclusive pick.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
My shoes do not smell. In real life, I actually go barefoot approximately 95% of the time. Dead fish smell bad, and there is no believable explanation for any other answer.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

And with that, DoggPickle

WINS

IMMUNITY!

This was an endurance contest, but we didn't make it over an hour before the errors piled up. DoggPickle, you will be immune from the vote at the next Tribal Council. I'll see you all here on Tuesday night if that works for you.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Fast luck I was using an exclusive pick as opposed to an inclusive pick.
I do not understand this, but if you can somehow prove your sentence is valid we can restart?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imgay

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

I do not understand this, but if you can somehow prove your sentence is valid we can restart?

Like. when I pick shoes I make a pick that is exclusive. I'm saying I exclusive pick instead of making a pick that could include other things.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Good golly. I was literally all stocked up and ready to go for like 10 hours. :laffo:

If it makes you feel any better MMM, this was not particularly valid either " I'm not the only one who thinks that either, a panel of your judges agree." That comma should be either a semicolon with the next word being capitalized, or a completely separate sentence.

What a bizarre way to win final immunity :lol:

The grammar nazi was hiding in the bushes with a first question about Typos.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I definitely didn't care about whether that should have been a comma or a semicolon though, Dogg.

However, even for what MMM is saying now, I think exclusively applies, not exclusive.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DoggPickle posted:

If it makes you feel any better MMM, this was not particularly valid either " I'm not the only one who thinks that either, a panel of your judges agree." That comma should be either a semicolon with the next word being capitalized, or a completely separate sentence.

:shrug: There's only so much you learn by grade 10.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

I definitely didn't care about whether that should have been a comma or a semicolon though, Dogg.

However, even for what MMM is saying now, I think exclusively applies, not exclusive.

alright

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
:munch:
Have all past endurance posting challenges been this nitpicky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Fast Luck posted:

The validity of the way in which he used exclusive is (I agree with you - incorrect) but also slightly up for interpretation. The comma thing is a complete and total grammar mistake in all ways. You cannot write two sentences and stick a comma in the middle.

• Locked thread