Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Hogama posted:

Go to Create Abilities, sort by Rarity (Desc.), and hold down on a skill you don't have the materials for. They're all in there even if you can't afford their ruby cost yet.

Oh cool thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Avalerion posted:

Took me about 6 months for 3* magicites, a couple more months for 4*. The current top (5* and neo torments) even some vets aren’t clearing yet.
Honestly, most vets aren't clearing d???s, or are only clearing a few and not getting anywhere near sub-30ing. They are a kind of egregious difficulty level that's more of a long term goal.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i was thinking more "insult" than "long term goal" but sure

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Attestant posted:

I'd say maybe 2-4 months to be knocking at the doors of endgame content, if playing optimally and being reasonably lucky with pulls. Considerably more to reach the current highest levels of content, since that stuff is extremely tough even for vets

I'm just over 3 months now, and I'm halfway through 3 star magicites, can do a bit of the crystal tower, and am scratching at the door of d240 torments where I have a strongish team.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i've got 32 festival tickets left to use and this is starting to feel like a bit, just a lil bit, of a tedious, repetitive and pointless chore

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Prav posted:

i've got 32 festival tickets left to use and this is starting to feel like a bit, just a lil bit, of a tedious, repetitive and pointless chore

A good reason to use the tickets over the course of the festival, instead of saving them up for a marathon autobattle session. That would be seriously dull, it's true.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

why can't you just press one button to trade the ticket for the mats, ugh. gently caress any game with so much grinding it needs an autobattle function

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Funso Banjo posted:

If you're a brand new player, what's the time expectancy to be playing end(ish) game stuff? Is it a year or two to build up and power up your dudes, or is it more like a month or two?

Took me about 7 months to finish clearing all 3* magicites, I've cleared a few 4* magicites at this point (9 months) and some of the new torments (not D???). I'd say ~6-9 months to be knocking at end game depending on your luck, true end game (5* magicites and D??? torments) are 12+

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Qwertycoatl posted:

I've been playing for a couple of months, and just finished all the Nightmares this weekend. The fest helped a lot with throwing relics and orbs at me.

Magicites splatter me into the ground incredibly quickly though.

Correction: It took a fair few attempts, but Liquid Flame is now mine :dance:

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

I used Bartz OSB to break savage mode no problem and I have no problems healing either. I just can't do enough damage before my hones run out. Should I start using more BSBs?

This is basically exactly the problem I mentioned a couple posts above your first one. My solution was to drop Tyro for another DPS and even then I'm barely clearing.

Bruceski posted:

After burning out on yet another game after less than a week (Dragalia Lost), I think I know why FFRK's easy to stick with. There's no grind. Sure you can keep fighting the same magicites over and over looking for a drop, and churning through all the realm dungeons can be a bit of a slog, but in general things are built to be cleared once. So many games have events where they want to keep you coming back all week, so there's various tiers of battles that give a trickle of bafmodads, and then you redeem those for the loot you actually want. FFRK, even the music hall events that do that tune it so that if you clear everything once you can buy the lot. Even the things that could be a grind, like leveling up new characters or honing abilities, they've added power-up dungeons to make that significantly easier. So it becomes a bit of a chore, but not something you need to constantly slog through.

FFRK is a game that I find it easy to not play, pretty much. I can tune in, knock off a few levels before bed, and they stay done. If I want to do more, tackle one of my current obstacles/goals, I can, but I don't have to worry about 12 daily resetting stages or people dropping team-up groups because I use THIS 4-star water attacker instead of THAT 4-star water attacker. I never feel like I NEED to log in to deal with timers or stamina refill (aside from when I was burning through all those retro dungeons).

This, all day. I tried out the SMT game when it first came out, and I was really enjoying the core gameplay, but there was just so much extraneous poo poo to do, I couldn't keep up. Demon XP, Character XP, Brands, Signals, Constantly Changing Daily Missions, Daily PvP Missions, Collection Events, 3 Different Energy Meters, and that's just the stuff I remember. It's so grindy that there's an option to repeat a mission on fast-forwarded auto-battle until you run out of stamina.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Phew.

Aphmau USB is so god drat good.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Ah crap I forgot I have Meliadoul USB and Tifa USB1 with Radiant Shield.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Elephant Ambush posted:

I used Bartz OSB to break savage mode no problem
Going back to one of your earlier posts about Quetz and I saw this. Using Stone Press to break savage mode instead of OSBs saves meter for USBs and such. Meliadoul can use Heavy so that + USB could help a lot

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I've been playing just over 3 months and I only have Siren to go on magicites. I've not done any D??? torments yet though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

iPodschun posted:

Going back to one of your earlier posts about Quetz and I saw this. Using Stone Press to break savage mode instead of OSBs saves meter for USBs and such. Meliadoul can use Heavy so that + USB could help a lot

Oh rad thanks I'll try that.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Latest JP Report:

(October 12) FFVI

- Event focused on Shadow, also features Kefka, Cyan, Setzer & Relm

(October 16) Daily Dungeon Renewal
- Higher drop rates in EX & EX+ dungeons
- EX+ Orb Meadows that can drop Crystals
- EX/EX+ Orb Meadows, boosted EXP & boosted Gil dungeons will be available daily
- Full Open every Sunday

(October 19) FFX

- Event focused on Jecht, also features Yuna, Rikku, Seymour & Paine

(October 19) Mirage Dungeon

- New type of boss dungeon
- Nightmarish records are being replicated from Dr Mog's research
- Boss for this dungeon is Iron Giant (X)
- 3 difficulties: Ultimate, Apocalypse, Infernal
- Rewards are provided according to Grades, they include 4* & 5* Motes

(October 24) Crystal Tower
- Bosses are Gizamaluke (IX), Elder Dragon & Trent (XII), Shinryu Celestia (T0) & powered up Halicarnassus (V)

(October 25) Infernal+ Multiplayer

- Boss is Paladin Cecil & Golbez (IV)

(October 26) FFT-0

- Introducing Eight & Cater, also features Rem

(October 30) 5* Dark Magicite Dungeon

- Physical ineffective boss is Ark (IX)
- Magic ineffective boss is Deathgaze (VI)

(October 31) FFT
- End of Month event focused on FFT heroes
- Featuring Ramza, Orlandeau, Agrias, Ovelia, Gaffgarion & Marche

(November 2) FFV
- Event focused on Gilgamesh, also features Exdeath, Dorgann & Kelger

(November 2) Equipment Log
- This allows players to view a list of all the relics they have in the game, including the ones obtained prior to this update

(November 9) New Torment Abilities
- 6* Black Magic, Chain Blizzaja: 5 single-target Ice magic attacks (Black, NE/Ice)
- 6* Summoning, Lunar Dragon: 4 AOE Holy summon magic attacks (Summoning, White/Holy)

Record Dungeon Act 2
- Debuting in early November
- This chapter will feature FFRK original bosses
- Record Dungeon updates will be changed from monthly to every 1.5 months
- This is to ensure higher quality contents from this chapter onwards
- Record Dungeon rewards will also be revamped with the next update, more details in the next FFRK report
- Players who have already cleared existing stages will automatically receive the extra rewards in their Present Box

Hogama fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Oct 9, 2018

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Hogama posted:

- Record Dungeon rewards will also be revamped with the next update, more details in the next FFRK report
- Players who have already cleared existing stages will automatically receive the extra rewards in their Present Box

Hot diggity, no need to do the whole needless loot optimization like last time.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hogama posted:

(October 16) Daily Dungeon Renewal
- Higher drop rates in EX & EX+ dungeons
- EX+ Orb Meadows that can drop Crystals
- EX/EX+ Orb Meadows, boosted EXP & boosted Gil dungeons will be available daily
- Full Open every Sunday

This is extremely cool and good.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

Hogama posted:

(November 9) New Torment Abilities
- 6* Black Magic, Chain Blizzaja: 5 single-target Ice magic attacks (Black, NE/Ice)
- 6* Summoning, Lunar Dragon: 4 AOE Holy summon magic attacks (Summoning, White/Holy)

Only 2? Are these just fillers, "Oops we forgot about ice magic." "Oops, we forgot Hope was a character." Still, tentatively excited that I could actually use my BSB+ complete Hope in a real battle finally.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

quote:

- Featuring Ramza, Orlandeau, Agrias, Ovelia, Gaffgarion & Marche

Orlandu is getting something insane here I bet. :black101:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Wanna share my transcendent Yiazmat kill since I took the more rare full party path.

Full party because I live for the challenge. Well, actually because I didn’t have any of the ”free” solo combos and didn’t want to hella hone two Dire Heals for Raines or dive people just for gil.

A wild Minfilia, Relm and the water people.

Minfilia bsb
Edge bsb/usb
Yuffie bsb1/bsb2/gsb/lmr
Tidus csb/bsb1/bsb2
Relm bsb/usb

Coasted with chain and bsb commands until the final phase where I used the enwater bursts and started to spam abilities.

Minfilia was overwriting his single stat buffs with bsb commands. In retrospect some other higher MND bsb users would’ve been better but I saw Minfilia first and at least that relic got a single use now.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

eelmonger posted:

Only 2? Are these just fillers, "Oops we forgot about ice magic." "Oops, we forgot Hope was a character." Still, tentatively excited that I could actually use my BSB+ complete Hope in a real battle finally.

Honestly when Hope was a complete no show in the XIII event that reissued his dress record, I assumed MAG-based Holy was going the way of Poison and just fading away. Sort of surprised to see Lunar Dragon at all.

I'm hoping it won't be just Hope using it. Maybe we'll eventually see Rydia complete her elemental circuit and get a Holy USB to go with her Earth and Water ones. Or we'll see offensive Yuna again, since she had that one Holy/Wind USB.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

ok, i killed putrid malice. 40 seconds, not at all sure i can do sub-30 so let's just call it at that.

hey maybe i can do 50% damage on ??? for a few extra rubies, let's check his stats real quick.

quote:

double hp. 3x as high defenses. get hosed

oh. i see.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Prav posted:

ok, i killed putrid malice. 40 seconds, not at all sure i can do sub-30 so let's just call it at that.

hey maybe i can do 50% damage on ??? for a few extra rubies, let's check his stats real quick.

oh. i see.

Also if you can’t field a full synergy team you get turbofucked, I think D??? torment bosses like flat out take half damage, lose elemental weaknesses, and become break immune with 1 non realm character. I’m like three relics and a dive or two from a perfect FFT torment team and I’m not sure I’m even going to bother till I’ve farmed up stuff from Siren for a full deck there.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Hogama posted:

Latest JP Report:

(October 12) FFVI

- Event focused on Shadow, also features Kefka, Cyan, Setzer & Relm

WAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH FINALLY

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Hogama posted:

(November 2) FFV
- Event focused on Gilgamesh, also features Exdeath, Dorgann & Kelger

I feel like you all are missing the most important bit here.

Edit:
I'm also torn on my Dream Relic Draw choices. For USB I'm looking at Godwall and OK's mUSB. For BSBs I'm looking at Bartz's wind BSB(for a complete Bartz) and Zack's BSB to give him something to do when I use him for wind chains. Are there any other stand outs I should be considering?

Geocities Homepage King fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Oct 9, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

For the purposes of taking down taimat, which is the better option for Squall: BSB2 or USB2?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

They are very close in performance. Go with bsb2 if you don’t mind being at the mercy of rng for dual casts, usb2 if you have a high honed snowspell strike and none else wants it.

If you run entrust & have some instant cast you could even try juggling both.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I'm also torn on my Dream Relic Draw choices. For USB I'm looking at Godwall and OK's mUSB. For BSBs I'm looking at Bartz's wind BSB(for a complete Bartz) and Zack's BSB to give him something to do when I use him for wind chains. Are there any other stand outs I should be considering?

What's your wind team look like? It sounds like you have Bartz's USBs and AOSB so grabbing an imperil to further boost his damage output is about as good as a BSB is going to do for you, but putting it on your chain holder is an awkward set up. That's a lot of extra time spent setting up Zak with extra SB bars when you're probably already stretched thin getting Bartz up and running.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Crazy Larry posted:

What's your wind team look like? It sounds like you have Bartz's USBs and AOSB so grabbing an imperil to further boost his damage output is about as good as a BSB is going to do for you, but putting it on your chain holder is an awkward set up. That's a lot of extra time spent setting up Zak with extra SB bars when you're probably already stretched thin getting Bartz up and running.

I've got Zack's chain and also Cloud USB1 and BSB2 so I lean pretty heavily on that combination usually.

Edit: I just realized there is a 4 hit 5* wind spellblade. I even had it honed but forgot it existed. :downs:

Geocities Homepage King fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 9, 2018

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Servaetes posted:

WAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH FINALLY

It got over-Shadow-ed by the whole Awakening SBs being extra broken, but Shadow did get a new USB (The Yuffie USB2 to Edge USB upgrade equivalent for dark) and LMR2 (chance to self blink off ninja) in the most recent fest.

If he's actually gonna be the main feature in an event as well, an Arcane and Glint at the are pretty likely. An Awakening seems less likely, but still very possible.

I'm just hoping for SBs with cute Interceptor animations.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 9, 2018

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Prav posted:

yeah i haven't actually played the game in about a week besides firing it up to get the login bonuses and such and i've probably got this many sitting in my pocket at this point and absolutely no desire to spend them.

i think i'll wait until the weekend before the festival is scheduled to end and just blow them all off on a sunday afternoon when i'm doing laundry or something

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Avalerion posted:

They are very close in performance. Go with bsb2 if you don�t mind being at the mercy of rng for dual casts, usb2 if you have a high honed snowspell strike and none else wants it.

If you run entrust & have some instant cast you could even try juggling both.

Juggling both was the correct answer

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Beat isgebind last night in ~46s, not bad for my first run, I think I can get that down to 35s or so when I'm not half asleep and now that I know the fight better.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Look at my new spoony bard

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Free draw took pity on me for being sick as gently caress

:stwoon:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Adel posted:

Free draw took pity on me for being sick as gently caress

:stwoon:

Sup recent Terra buddy. I got mine on the Ultra Lucky, but it wouldn't have been as good as it is without a Vincent chain I got on a free pull like this one.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

I got a 5* on mine... except it was the V samurai armor which is a 5* nothing.... I guess yay free rosetta stone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Free daily. This is kinda weird USB. Triple stack p.blink on a Monk? I guess.

https://imgur.com/a/gMLZjD7