Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Excelzior posted:

bahahaha

I can hear the muffled song

https://soundcloud.com/grey-6093051...=social_sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

:perfect:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:five:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'm wondering the personalities of the people in the sub, do you think there's somebody in there trying to like Mumble a song to themselves to cope all other person just freaks out as the captain's trying to put the batteries in the controller and out of the controller and back and forth either they're on the loving ocean floor

Or do you think it went full instant Lord of the flies and the captain just killed everyone inside of the vessel to give himself food and oxygen because he went one too many on the alpha male books

I posted earlier what happened

The father of the 19 year old beat the captain/owner almost to death for probably killing his son with hubris while the other men screamed about oxygen usage.

Then they debated about finishing him off for a while, [again to save oxygen] I'm not sure what happened after that

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Spinz posted:

I posted earlier what happened

The father of the 19 year old beat the captain/owner almost to death for probably killing his son with hubris while the other men screamed about oxygen usage.

Then they debated about finishing him off for a while, I'm not sure what happened after that

What if the killed started while someone was in the poop curtain

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I wanna dock with the grovermerisble

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The bucket spilling was unfortunate

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
From experience, when I drop a small screw on the shop floor and can't find it, I use Adam Savage's "rescue party" trick sometimes with success: Drop another screw from the same starting place and watch where it goes.

In the same spirit, it seems prudent, nay - crucial! - that we stuff another death capsule full of billionaires and their vermin offspring and drop it in the ocean in roughly the same place. Then we send a third one down to see if they get lost in the same place,

:captainpop:

frumpykvetchbot fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jun 22, 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Then the person making GBS threads would have a fun murder mystery to solve before the inevitable.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

lol

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

We should wager on what condition the kill-mersible will be found.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TitanicSub/status/1671729726803648516

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

frumpykvetchbot posted:

From experience, when I drop a small screw on the shop floor and can't find it, I use Adam Savage's "rescue party" trick sometimes with success: Drop another screw from the same starting place and watch where it goes.

In the same spirit, it seems prudent, nay - crucial! - that we stuff another death capsule full of billionaires and their vermin offspring and drop it in the ocean in roughly the same place. Then we send a third one down to see if they get lost in the same place,

A second submersible has hit the titanic.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
I keep seeing posts saying that the computer(s) on the submersible used Windows Vista, but I can't find anything confirming that... just articles about the Logitech controller that DATES FROM Windows Vista....

Are there any articles with info about the OS?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

7hrs.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Cable Guy posted:

I keep seeing posts saying that the computer(s) on the submersible used Windows Vista, but I can't find anything confirming that... just articles about the Logitech controller that DATES FROM Windows Vista....

Are there any articles with info about the OS?

Someone saw it in a spanish video earlier in the thread
E: Doesn't look like vista but it's hard to tell in the split second.

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

Here's a video from a Spanish influencer that went on a trip last year. They have an issue on descent and the pilot drops one of the sandbag ballasts with the bluetooth controller.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAncVNaw5N0&t=447s

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

There's no way a Logitech controller is gonna survive 400 atmos, but that rock solid mid-2000's computer speaker setup they had crammed under the floorboards might make it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Not great not terrible

I don't see Joe Biden doing a thing about this though which is concerning.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Does Florida stand your ground law cover depths of 4000 meters?

Asking for a friend who happens to be the Titanic IIs captain

Well it's unfortunate that gabe Newell's submarine was too busy hiding the documents that prove ha)_ life IIIs existence

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

when they recover the sub in many years they will cut it open and find a smaller sub inside.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Quick, give me a Sharpie before the oxygen runs out!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Shoulda been "don't trust his depth calcs" on Charlie's hand

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Grey Cat posted:

Someone saw it in a spanish video earlier in the thread
E: Doesn't look like vista but it's hard to tell in the split second.

doesn't look like vista, the square taskbar icons means it's at least windows 7. probably not windows 10, doesn't look flat enough to me.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

First the Nord Stream pipeline and now this. Joe's on a roll.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Bad Purchase posted:

doesn't look like vista, the square taskbar icons means it's at least windows 7. probably not windows 10, doesn't look flat enough to me.

Yeah I thought so too, maybe on a different piece of equipment but I have no source on that. I just knew <X> windows.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Not great not terrible

he's sent out a bunch of coast guard nerds who need the training and a bunch of usn nerds who need the training and testing to loot seabed stuff

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Not great not terrible

Subghazi ain't going away

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

thank you for this, giant talking cat

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So the fervor will die down and then it will become another billionaire's mission to retrieve the gooey submersible.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Google Jeb Bush posted:

he's sent out a bunch of coast guard nerds who need the training and a bunch of usn nerds who need the training and testing to loot seabed stuff
They're going to find this thing draped with the remains of a mylar recon balloon with "Made in China" stamped on the side aren't they......

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

ChickenHeart posted:

thank you for this, giant talking cat

Any time army-guy-man, I just like providing sensible chuckles.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i wonder if my heart will go on can be mixed in

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

drat, killin it over here

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

hobbesmaster posted:

i wonder if my heart will go on can be mixed in

Like both at the same time, a crossfade, or just my heart will go on with the ambiance? I'm a miracle worker.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Great the YouTube videos are finally in sync

https://youtu.be/isf_9GV92uo

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Rescuers will find corpses and a single charcoal and pencil drawing of the CEO reclining while nude with a pendant around his neck.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

so assuming they weren’t turned into paste 3 days ago, there’s no way that thing held together all this time being that deep down, right? it sounds like it was a miracle it ever made the trip once, I can’t imagine that it withstands days of that pressure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I don't think it was at instant paste depth, but the Mythbusters recreated the sudden pressure difference with a pig carcass in a diving suit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEY3fN4N3D8&t=1s

It’s far more distressing that two of the hosts in that video are no longer with us. Jesse Combs and Grant Imahara, those were some pretty good humans.