Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
That's certainly how it appeared in XXX, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

EorayMel posted:

Aren't full auto :siren: machine guns :siren: easier to get as a citizen in the Czech republic because of the lack of an ATF or something?

proximity to Russia seems to help a bunch euro-ATF or no euro-ATF

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

EorayMel posted:

Aren't full auto :siren: machine guns :siren: easier to get as a citizen in the Czech republic because of the lack of an ATF or something?

According to the 'pedia, you can only obtain a machine gun with a "class A" license, which is "may issue" for collector purposes, and you have to let police come in whenever to check you keep it in a real safe like an adult. Otherwise, you need permits for gun ownership in Czechia, but they're "shall issue" if you register and pass a series of competency and health tests. This includes concealed carry licences, you just have to declare the guns are for self-defense when you register them. Out of 300k gun registrations in Czechia last year, 240k of them were declared for self-defense. You can't carry hollowpoints in your pistols, but you can have hollowpoints in rifles or pistol carbines. Citizens have rules dealing with when they can use lethal force, they're a bit convoluted but not as open as stand-your-ground in the USA. You can't shoot on private property, unless you're hunting with a permit on that land.

Criminals have to wait a number of years after they're released before they can get a license, based on the number of years in their sentence. Probates do not start the countdown until their period of probation ends. Certain crimes and behaviors, like assault or chronic drug use, can prevent licencing for 3 years.

Apart from allowing machine guns and banning pistol hollowpoints, I think the Czechian rules are pretty good, and much more consistent than we have here in The Great Satan.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Filthy Hans posted:

According to the 'pedia, you can only obtain a machine gun with a "class A" license, which is "may issue" for collector purposes, and you have to let police come in whenever to check you keep it in a real safe like an adult. Otherwise, you need permits for gun ownership in Czechia, but they're "shall issue" if you register and pass a series of competency and health tests. This includes concealed carry licences, you just have to declare the guns are for self-defense when you register them. Out of 300k gun registrations in Czechia last year, 240k of them were declared for self-defense. You can't carry hollowpoints in your pistols, but you can have hollowpoints in rifles or pistol carbines. Citizens have rules dealing with when they can use lethal force, they're a bit convoluted but not as open as stand-your-ground in the USA. You can't shoot on private property, unless you're hunting with a permit on that land.

Criminals have to wait a number of years after they're released before they can get a license, based on the number of years in their sentence. Probates do not start the countdown until their period of probation ends. Certain crimes and behaviors, like assault or chronic drug use, can prevent licencing for 3 years.

Apart from allowing machine guns and banning pistol hollowpoints, I think the Czechian rules are pretty good, and much more consistent than we have here in The Great Satan.

there's nothing wrong with allowing citizens to own machine guns

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

SpaceClown posted:

tell me more about those mass-murder fantasies you were describing earlier

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

OMGVBFLOL posted:

tell me more about those mass-murder fantasies you were describing earlier

Im going to go prospecting for fissile material soon.

Also, if I wanted to commit mass-murder with a machine gun I could drop the $60k for any of the M60s for sale on the dark web and save myself a ton of hassle and spend roughly the same amount of money in the first place.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

EorayMel posted:

Last I checked, you can buy a full auto VZ61 for about a hundo in CZ. The semi-auto version goes for $150. :downs:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Ork of Fiction posted:

Last I checked, you can buy a full auto VZ61 for about a hundo in CZ. The semi-auto version goes for $150. :downs:

Get what you pay for. It sucked in golden eye didn't it

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

SpaceClown posted:

Im going to go prospecting for fissile material soon.

Also, if I wanted to commit mass-murder with a machine gun I could drop the $60k for any of the M60s for sale on the dark web and save myself a ton of hassle and spend roughly the same amount of money in the first place.

Did your brain just stop aging at 15?

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

LingcodKilla posted:

Did your brain just stop aging at 15?

Yours apparently never developed in the womb

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SpaceClown posted:

Yours apparently never developed in the womb

I'm not the one sharing murder-dreams that nobody care about on a comedy forum.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm not the one sharing murder-dreams that nobody care about on a comedy forum.

Youre the one taking them seriously so :shrug:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

lol i just noticed this fools regdate, he still is 15 lmao

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SpaceClown posted:

Youre the one taking them seriously so :shrug:

Idiots asking for dumb advice are not new around here.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

Idiots asking for dumb advice are not new around here.

oh poo poo

shots fired

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Psycho Society posted:

oh poo poo

shots fired

Man I wish I could find that drawing with his helmet and cape.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

SpaceClown posted:

Just buy a bumpski stock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_SWefYWKw0

edit: and a gun as you likely dont own one judging by the way you talk.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 9, 2017

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
My country just put out a new and improved super anti-rabbit virus to kill all rabbits. Which is nice, but some rabbits will survive the virus. No matter how ridiculously engineered it is.

So, theoretically, if some rabbits survive, what is the best firearm to kill them, while leaving an edible carcass (because rabbit is delicious but I hate picking lead shot out of it)? It is important, ecologically, that all these feral pest rabbits are killed. And may as well make the most of them, right? (It is soooo delicious!)

So hey, asking for a friend, how should he shoot rabbits?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

IronClaymore posted:

My country just put out a new and improved super anti-rabbit virus to kill all rabbits. Which is nice, but some rabbits will survive the virus. No matter how ridiculously engineered it is.

So, theoretically, if some rabbits survive, what is the best firearm to kill them, while leaving an edible carcass (because rabbit is delicious but I hate picking lead shot out of it)? It is important, ecologically, that all these feral pest rabbits are killed. And may as well make the most of them, right? (It is soooo delicious!)

.22lr probably, iirc it's a great small game load

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

IronClaymore posted:

.357 magnum will kill 'em every time

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
120mm SABOT

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

IronClaymore posted:

You could probably use a good pellet gun and avoid having to involve a firearm at all.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Chase them with a hatchet, chop until dead.

Fireman's carry the pile of bodies back to your apartment.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ork of Fiction posted:

You could probably use a good pellet gun and avoid having to involve a firearm at all.

:frogout:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

IronClaymore posted:

http://www.seasonshot.com/how.cfm

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

run them over with your 2014 toyota yaris

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

IronClaymore posted:

Shotguns are best for running rabbits. 22lr or .17HMR are good choices. the .17HMR will do a large amount of damage to the meat but is super accurate so headshots are a good choice.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
gently caress guns, get a saluki

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Can't say I approve of the disparaging comments on the Klobb.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
you can tell hickock 45 used to be a teacher

he seems like a cool dude. i hope he isn't secretly racist or something

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
Is $229 a good price for a Mosin? Is there ammo for it that is cheap like TulAmmo?

Want a bolt action rifle but not sure what to get, was looking at new Savages last week they seem cool, not sure what caliber I'd want to get though.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

KennyLoggins posted:

Is $229 a good price for a Mosin? Is there ammo for it that is cheap like TulAmmo?

Want a bolt action rifle but not sure what to get, was looking at new Savages last week they seem cool, not sure what caliber I'd want to get.

Wolf. it's still pretty expensive i think it's like 50 cents a round

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
holy poo poo 54R is 50 cents a round now?

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
For 320$ you can get a Remington 783 which is apparently very accurate despite being constructed from garbage

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

holy poo poo 54R is 50 cents a round now?

Ammunition has become cost prohibitive for awhile now.

It's why .22LR just does not stay on shelves.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
9mm is relatively cheap right now. decent stuff for .18/rd. .22 is like 5-6 cents a round.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

VendaGoat posted:

Ammunition has become cost prohibitive for awhile now.

No kidding. The cheapest .223 I've come across was at Cabelas with TulAmmo. They had a sale and it was $4.99/20 which works out to .24˘ a round, I got like 40+ boxes of it now. It usually goes for $6.

KennyLoggins fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

If you order a box of 1000 you can get slightly better than Tula ammo for. 21 cents a round

• Locked thread