Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

You're all going to feel really dumb when he pulls out the dreaded "black crime rates" factsheet. I'll bet Chicago will be mentioned quite a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Are the black crime rate statistics false? I thought they were real, seems an odd thing to lie about

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I got yer facts right here bitch *opens anus*

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Y'all are the ones with the facts right? If you're not lying by omission then I welcome you to present a comprehensive picture of race and crime in the US.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Split Pea Superman posted:

Y'all are the ones with the facts right? If you're not lying by omission then I welcome you to present a comprehensive picture of race and crime in the US.

Not enough murders of white people, if you ask me

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Do it ironically posted:

Are the black crime rate statistics false? I thought they were real, seems an odd thing to lie about

The only people who ever bring them up are racists who use them to "prove" that PoC, specifically black people, are inherently more violent than white people. And yeah, that's absolutely a lie.

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Not enough murders of white people, if you ask me

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Why, what do you think the stats say?

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
lol if you dont think racist cops arent actively looking for PoC to arrest, creating a loop where cops say they have to police PoC harder because they happen to be arresting more PoC

things like stop and frisk laws are gonna gently caress over black people when 90% of the people getting loving stop and frisked are black or latino to start it

we cant bill all whiteys, cant thrill all whiteys.... whats left friends

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Do it ironically posted:

They're not false but if you stop at crime statistics and don't look at education and economic opportunities then you are lying to yourself.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Hmm, yes, go on

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
This has nothing to do with race but this convo made me look up my cities crime statistics and apparently we're safer than 4% of the cities in the country which is...really really bad.

E: less than 10,000 people pop

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
:gas: already

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Please note

WHITE GENOCIDE NOW

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

drjuggalo posted:

lol if you dont think racist cops arent actively looking for PoC to arrest, creating a loop where cops say they have to police PoC harder because they happen to be arresting more PoC

things like stop and frisk laws are gonna gently caress over black people when 90% of the people getting loving stop and frisked are black or latino to start it

That's insane. lol.

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

Flesh Forge posted:

Please note

WHITE GENOCIDE NOW

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Flesh Forge posted:

Please note

WHITE GENOCIDE NOW

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Dennis System posted:

That's insane. lol.

Yeah, pigs are the worst.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Who What Now posted:

Why, what do you think the stats say?

On average, African Americans and Latinos commit more crimes, including violent crimes, than whites. Is that controversial? Of course you can argue that educational and economic opportunities and oppression are root causes of this, but you can't really argue with the stats. Unless you're arguing that there's some sort of high level conspiraacey where the stats are made up or that cops are told by their superiors to arrest black people and latinos for crimes they didn't commit or something.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You can also argue that cops don't arrest or even interact with white people who are doing the exact same things that brown and black people are punished for. It becomes a statistic that makes people of color look more criminal when the cops do that.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

...and the pitch! posted:

You can also argue that cops don't arrest or even interact with white people who are doing the exact same things that brown and black people are punished for. It becomes a statistic that makes people of color look more criminal when the cops do that.

What are some example of things that cops don't arrest white people that they should be arresting them for? Stuff like selling weed?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Well they shoot them up for holding things in their hands so we can work backwards from there.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

On average, African Americans and Latinos commit more crimes, including violent crimes, than whites. Is that controversial? Of course you can argue that educational and economic opportunities and oppression are root causes of this, but you can't really argue with the stats. Unless you're arguing that there's some sort of high level conspiraacey where the stats are made up or that cops are told by their superiors to arrest black people and latinos for crimes they didn't commit or something.

lmao if you think anyone needs to tell a cop to be a massive racist.

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

"Of 206 convicted sex offenders in a men's prison a disproportionate number of child molesters were white and a disproportionate number of rapists were black. Of the 758 inmates in general, a disproportionate number of both child molesters and rapists were white (n = 171 vs 35 black men)."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7892399/

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

"Of 206 convicted sex offenders in a men's prison a disproportionate number of child molesters were white and a disproportionate number of rapists were black. Of the 758 inmates in general, a disproportionate number of both child molesters and rapists were white (n = 171 vs 35 black men)."

You proved my point quite thoroughly the first time. You don't have to double down.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

...and the pitch! posted:

Well they shoot them up for holding things in their hands so we can work backwards from there.

Maybe so, but cops kill over a thousand white people a year, but these shootings are never reported on by the liberal media.

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

statistics are ghosts!

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

I thought you said white males could murder and rape as much as they wanted and never get arrested for it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You proved my point quite thoroughly the first time. You don't have to double down.

Your point is that white men are pedophiles?

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

I thought you said white males could murder and rape as much as they wanted and never get arrested for it.

no its just harder for a white man to tell a court that a child actually wanted it

edit: and easier for a white woman to say that that black guy she left the bar with and had sex with in her dorm room and left the next morning actually raped her

im pretty sure theres studies saying that all races do crime at a even rate but of course we're going to defer to statistics gathered by the same racist police institutions carrying out the systemic injustices

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

most white cishet male rapists don't get caught

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

35/206= 17%

2010 census puts blacks at at around 12%. If the US were made of only white and black ethnicities blacks would be at 16%.

Is your point that whites make up a significantly larger portion of the population?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Maybe so, but cops kill over a thousand white people a year, but these shootings are never reported on by the liberal media.

Usually the white people are not shot in the back and then the cop gets away with it. That doesn't fit your narrative tho. If the cops have to kill a white person it is taken seriously and the cop might face consequences. If the cops kill a black kid that kid wasn't acting right.

But do go on.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

most white cishet male rapists don't get caught

This stat is hilariously inaccurate and has been debunked many times.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

35/206= 17%

2010 census puts blacks at at around 12%. If the US were made of only white and black ethnicities blacks would be at 16%.

Is your point that whites make up a significantly larger portion of the population?

regardless of his point white people get arrested for everything in less instances and i bet you if white rapists were processed like black ones that number would frigging jump (which goes against the whole white men cant jump thing smh)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I think people should cut out all the rapes, no matter the race

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

stats on black crime: good, smart, correct

stats on white crime: hilarious, inaccurate, debunked

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Debunked by who?

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

35/206= 17%

white people are a higher percentage of the population but arrested less because of racism, so if you add that in most pedophiles/rapists are white

wow a white cishet male who doesnt believe in sexual assault statistics because they are spooky liberal ghosts or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
crush crackers into my soup

• Locked thread